• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHTALITY III - June 2nd-3rd - "The Last Tier War!" - UPDATED 5/28/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer

Note: All information posted may be subject to change at ANY time.

Hosted by The Smash Affiliates

Date: June 2nd-3rd
Time: 10 AM - Closing
Registration starts at 10 AM on June 2nd - If you plan on coming for both days, please register on Saturday morning. If you're just coming on Sunday, please be there as early as possible to sign up.

1220 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470

Bus Information

You can take the bus from the Port Authority and head down to the Willowbrook Mall/Park. I can make personal trips to pick you guys up from there. The bus #s that take that route would be 193 194 and 197. I think 195 might be one of them also. If you're coming from somewhere else, just take that bus to the Willowbrook Mall/Park, but the Bus # might be different.

Events:

Saturday

SSBM 2v2 - $20 per team ($10 per person)
Breaktime - SuperDoodleMan's "The Last Tier War!"
Crews - $40 per crew ($2 per stock)
Possible Low Tier 1v1 - $10 per person

Sunday

SSB 64 1v1 - $15 per person
SSB64 2v2 - $20 per team ($10 person)
Breaktime - SuperDoodleMan's "The Last Tier War!" Encore
SSBM 1v1 - $20 per person

Prizes: (40% of the prizes will go to the store, the rest given to the players in the following percentages)

Singles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Doubles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Crews:

1st place - 70% of prize
2nd place - 30% of prize
No 3rd place prize

SSB64:

1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

RULES

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS - The store will not provide you one.
₪ All events will be double elimination
₪ Four (4) stock
₪ Seven (7) minute time limit
₪ Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews - you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in order to be favored - You must have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.
₪ In case more than 64 people come, Singles seedings will be determined by pools - each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play 2 Three (5) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 64-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections are double blind pick for the 1st match. In the 2nd match, if a player wishes to change a character, both players must again use double blind pick.
₪ In a set, character selection for the first round will be blind pick - both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards. The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection. After the first match, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.
₪ Stage Strike Rule - Each player or team can choose one (1) stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters and have entered the stage select screen. Players may change their stage strike each time they enter the stage select screen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)
₪ Dave's Stupid Rule Modified - The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set
₪ Each round is best of three (3) matches; Finals are best of five (5) matches
₪ In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins the match. In case both players have the same amount of stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins the match. If both players have the same percentages, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one (1), and start a bonus match on the same stage. If the bonus match goes to the end of the time limit- despite whatever the amount of stocks are left - then both players/teams will be disqualified from the tournament.
₪ Items will be turned OFF
₪ In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players.
₪ Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
₪ Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
₪ Wobbling is banned
₪ Nintendo Standard controllers only (any type of programmable controller must be inspected by a store official/TSA member). Likewise, controller modifications are banned. If you are caught using a modded controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
BRING WAVEBIRDS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will be your responsibility to find others with Wavebirds and sort out the frequency issues. If you bring a wavebird it is highly suggested to bring a normal Gamecube controller in case your Wavebird malfunctions.
₪ Random Stages for Singles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story
₪ Random Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium
₪ Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay and Yoshi's Island 64.
₪ For Doubles, Team attack is ON and life stealing is allowed.
₪ The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
When leaving the venue, please let me know and if there is a way to contact you. If you do not give me any notice, and your match is being called, the Mages DQ Rule will come into effect.

CREW BATTLES

₪ In crew battles, each crew will be given a total amount of Twenty (20) stock.
₪ You must have either 4 or 5 members participating in the event, with the stock distributed equally to those members (5 stocks or 4 stocks, respectively). These members must register their names under the crew they are playing for, and they cannot be switched out at anytime by a non-participating crew member during the event.
₪ Seedings of crews will be random.
₪ Double Elimination
₪ Before the start of a crew battle, the members of both crews must assign a character to each participating crew member, which will be recorded by a official. Once a member sits down to compete, they must use the character that he chose to compete with.
₪ Crew members must choose which member will start first and let the official know secretly who it will be.
₪ At the end of a match, incoming players are allowed to counterpick any neutral 1v1 stages. If so, the remaining player is allowed to change characters, This is the only way player can do so. If the incoming player chooses random, the remaining player must continue to play the character from his last match.
₪ If a player wins a match, they must play in the next match with the remaining stock he had left from that previous match. (If a player wins with 2 stock left, he must enter the next match starting with 2 stocks.) If a player must first eliminate his stock in the start of the match, the opponent must wait until he is able to do so. Once the conditions have been met, both players must wait on the opposite ends of the stage, and a official will countdown the match.
₪ Crew matches will have an Eight (8) minute time limit.
₪ The crew to lose all their stocks first will lose the crew battle.
₪ Between battles, members are allowed to change the characters they wish to use for their next battle.
₪ Random Stages: Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination
₪ Note - Crews can be drafted to form a group of four or five. However, if you are officially part of a crew, you MUST play with that crew and you are NOT allowed to be drafted into other crews or groups.

SSB 64

Please follow the link to go to the SSB 64 thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=101312

A message from Warrior of Zarona:

Hey guys! For the third time, The Smash Affiliates and CyberConXion are joining together to bring you SMASHTALITY III! This is the third tournament held by TSA, and as we've said before, it certainly won't be the last, so please give your support in making this event one of the best!

In our first SMASHTALITY, over 53 people showed up and gave support! Both Dave and Zang dominated Singles and Doubles! In our second tournament, over 80 people came, including Chu Dat, Isai, and Superdoodleman along with his premiere Perfect Control 2! Check it out if you haven't yet!

This time, we're aiming for higher and bigger! We've expanded our tournament into a two day event, along with more events such as crews and SSB 64! Hot and amazing!

We've changed the rules quite a bit since last time! Please go over the rules and be sure you know what they are!

If you're traveling far and need housing, please post in this thread and let us know in advance! We purposely announced our tournament this early for this reason. We expect more out of state smashers to come to this event!

Since our last tournament had such a HUGE turnout, we are looking for sponsors for this event. If you are interested in sponsoring the event, or know a company that may be, please post or send me a private message for more information!

Here's a special message from SuperDoodleMan!

Smashtality 2 was amazing, I wouldn't miss this one.

It must be fate, this being months earlier than it was originally thought. I have a certain video project I've been working on which is months later than I originally thought. There's a month and a half still to get things rolling...

The Last Tier War is coming to Smashtality 3.

There's still much work to do and I need more volunteers (really, no amount of effort on my part can accomplish some of the things I need done).

Uncle SDM wants YOU!

P.S. I can bring 2 setups w/o TV
That's right, folks! He's coming again, this time with the premiere of his newest video! Be sure not to miss it!

CyberConXion is located in the Preakness Shopping Center, so finding a parking spot shouldn't be difficult at all. There's food and drinks that you can buy at the counter, or you can step out of the store to the other food restaurants nearby! In fact, there are plans to hold an outdoor food festival for those who might be hungry! There's also internet access right in the store if you want to go online! All we ask is to be nice and courteous to one another. Watch the language, throw away the garbage, and please, no physical violence of any kind or we'll have to disqualify you and ask you to leave the store. Otherwise, hang around and enjoy playing in the tournament! Post if you have any problems, and please tell me if you're coming - it lets me know who and what to expect.

There will be a $5 spectator fee for those who simply wish to come to the tournament but don't want to play in any of the events. Though this is somewhat of an inconvenience to those who wish to only play friendlies or watch the matches, we do want to keep in mind the amount of space being taken up from those who aren't competing. Please let us know at the door whether or not you are competing in the tournament - if you cannot pay the fee, we unfortunately cannot let you enter the store. We will NOT accept any excuses - You've been cautioned ahead of time, so please keep this in mind when you are headed for the venue. If someone you know is coming hasn't checked this thread, please let them know about the fee. You can always change your mind and choose to compete later on as long as you let us know before the event starts - pay the rest of the fee to be entered into the registration.

We're also going to have to add in a late registration fee of $5 in case you arrive after brackets have been created. However, if you call in advance knowing that you're going to be late, then I can enter your name into the brackets and have you pay later without the late entry fee. Please call my cell phone or the store phone for Chris or me to ensure that you are in the brackets.

One of the biggest changes is that the store has gone out of its way to buy 12 20" TV's! Of course, we're looking for those who can bring a gamecube and a copy of SSBM, as well as setups for SSB64! And if you want to bring any extra TV's, feel free to do so! The more the merrier!

Lastly, please let me know if you need housing. CyberConXion can give discounts for nearby hotels, which can be suitable for those who are traveling in a group. Otherwise, I'll find some people who can help you out.

WoZ's Cell Phone #- 908-447-8398
CyberConXion Store Phone # - 973-709-0075 (Ask for Chris)

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
love the sig and i will hopefully make it... i expect people from ta and people from conn. to show up to this.

Sensei

Smash Lord
There is no way I'm missing this of course, especially since my SSB64 tournament is going to be on the same weekend alongside this event, LOL.

Brookman

Smash Hero
wow, the Smashtality III sig is stupendous. Marth most assuredly deserves it. I will come to this if someone in my range is going.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Yay milktea. No stupid prom to keep her and PC from coming.

So, about first place prize then. Shall we go on with the original idea?

Sensei

Smash Lord
We definitely need to do crew battles for this one. Maybe even a crew battle tournament? Since this will be a two day event, I think that is feasible. We should do a crew battle for SSB64 too, lol.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
After speaking to KishPrime, we might be moving this event to August, only because I don't want to compete with FC for the month of July.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I will definitely be coming to this with the whole KF. PUt us down with me assisting with hosting. ^_^

The Cape

Smash Master
Should be coming. Too far away to determine.

I have LDAC this summer, so if I dont make it, its because I am training to defend this country :-p

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Killer Fleet is definitely coming to this! Crew battles will be a big plus, so who wants to challenge us? Also, Smashtality was the tournament where team Smash Bouncers made their debut. So we're gonna make a triumphant return in this one. Everyone watch out for the KF brothers too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom