• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maine Smash Tournament 9: TOO GOOD! - Feb 17 (8 TVs!) VENUE UPDATE; IMPORTANT!!!

Kais

Smash Ace
Announcements

Raohani:

Venue Update:

I have some good news everybody! After much deliberation, I made the decission to change the venue so as to relieve us of a door fee. I have spent the whole week communicating with the venue hosts, during this time they have been trying to raise the door fee to an unfair amount ($8 per person). It was a tough decision on my part considering past experiences, but I felt it was the best move for all involved.

The tournament is now being held at my house. This evening I will be going through preparations so we can maximize the space avaliable to us. Because of this, we now have access to a big screen T.V. that we can use for finals, crew battles, etc.

I appreciate your consideration in this matter and I hope tomorrow goes as planned.

Sorry for the last minute notice.

Date

Saturday, February 17th

Venue

5 Shady Lane
Falmouth, ME

People can begin showing up between 10-12 and must leave between 8 and 9.

Equipment:

GCN (8):

- Schweppes
- Kais
- Banks
- Boxman X (2)
- Skler
- Pine
- Waveshiner X

TV (7):

- Kais (2)
- Banks
- Boxman X
- Skler
- Harvey Birdman (possibly)
- Viking Ness (possibly)

Who is gonna show (17):

- Kais
- Schweppes
- Banks
- Dazwa
- th0rn
- M - Dawg
- PiXel
- Pine
- Skler
- Jnorm
- yoshis down b
- Alandorf
- KoreanDJ
- Waveshiner X
- Cort
- Darc
- Harvey Birdman

Singles: $10
Doubles: $10
Low tier: $5

Prize split: 60%-30%-10%

Rules (Apply to both singles/teams)

-Double elimination

-Games are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule. ALL semi-final and final games(This includes loser bracket semis, loser bracket finals, winner bracket semi, winner bracket finals, and overall finals) are 3/5. Overall finals are 3/5, and the person/team coming up from the loser bracket has to win two sets because the person/team from the winners bracket has yet to lose a set.

Advanced Slob Picks:
First game is double-blind, random stage (using the 6 random stages). Second game, loser(s) declares stage (which includes any non-banned stage), winner(s) picks their character, loser(s) picks their character. You can pick the same character twice, three times, whatever, in a row.

Dave's Stupid Rule:
You cannot counterpick the last stage that you won on in the current set.

-4 stock/8 minute/no items format. Any ties that occur when time is finished are settled by stock/%. If there is STILL a tie, sudden death occurs.

-Stage striking is allowed, at the start of a set, both players may temporarily ban a stage from the list of playable stages. This, of course, only applies to that set.

-Pause Rule: Pause is left on, in case something comes up where players need to quit the current game. But pausing during a match without reason to will result in a warning, and if the problem persists a game loss. Then a match loss. Then a drop from the tournament.

-Stage selection is as follows

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle

Rules (Team specific)

-Team attack is on

-Life Stealing allowed, but please wait until the announcer has declared you're eliminated, or for the camera shift to focus on the remaining players, so you won't pause the game.

- Seating: Each team gets two seats on one side, so that each team will be seated next to their partner and each team will have an equal view of the screen.

Rules (Other)

-Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach may not be consulted until after the game finishes.

-Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set.

-Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Stalling a game out will result in a loss of the entire set.

-Bring your own controller

-Refrain from using profanity, fights are to be taken outside, and just try to make the tournament enjoyable for others.

-Money matches and friendly games: If TVs are open, feel free to. However, if a TV is needed, you need to exit the game. Turn the pause on before you start your game and turn it off when it's over. It is also suggested you get money matches and friendlies out of the way during warmup time, if possible.

M-Dawg

Smash Cadet
I wanted to get this thread out there and take a step in the right direction towards putting MST back on a schedule. Main points of discussion will be:

- Date
- Venue
- Events
- Admission fees (?)

The first order of business would be to discuss our date so please put anything up for debate. Anyone's opinion can and should be voiced. If you plan on coming to MST9, you're involved.
Shouldn't Dazwa plan the tournament, he has done a good job for all of the other MSTs. ;)

Kais

Smash Ace
Erm, well, I'd like to get a hold back on this tournament by doing it right this time. I did start it in the beginning but I'd truly rather not cause an argument n' such. Point is, if this next tournament doesn't go over well, I'll gladly hand it over to his planning skills. I don't want to get in the way of this tournament progressing but I still want to see if I can pull it out.

Anyway, this isn't the issue at hand.

I'd also like to bring up the matter of equipment and such.

Schweppes

Smash Ace
If we can't use IronChief's place, we should try and get the social club... J&R is getting a bit annoying. (lack of room, dripping pipes...Mason) If a small amount has to go to the establishment (I assume it does), I don't think that's a problem.

I'll bring a gamecube/disc. =o

Banksya

Smash Ace
ok well I'm going no matter what, but I would prefer not J&R this time. Although I greatly appreciate dustin and dylan convincing Ron to let us have tournaments there, we need a change of scenery with more room. I can bring a TV and a cube. Ironchief's house would be fantastic, although the club sounds interesting as well, if it is as big as I hope.

P.S. Kais you owe me money =p

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
You know what, I'm interested. There are two conditions I'll need you to agree to, however.

1. Kais goes to this.
2. There is no J & R backup plan this time.

Kais

Smash Ace
ok well I'm going no matter what, but I would prefer not J&R this time. Although I greatly appreciate dustin and dylan convincing Ron to let us have tournaments there, we need a change of scenery with more room. I can bring a TV and a cube. Ironchief's house would be fantastic, although the club sounds interesting as well, if it is as big as I hope.

P.S. Kais you owe me money =p
You know what, I'm interested. There are two conditions I'll need you to agree to, however.

1. Kais goes to this.
2. There is no J & R backup plan this time.
Deals.

This is good, now we need to come up with a date though. Feb 10th or 17th sound good to me. Objections?

Banksya

Smash Ace
I don't have a job, so any date is good for me. Preferably sooner, just make sure there isn't another tournament either mainers or the OOS'ers who come to our tournaments would go to.

Banksya

Smash Ace
BUMP

I think its important more people know about this, I'm not liking the four person attendance list rofl. I think its safe to say th0rn, schweppes, m-dawg, and pixel are going. you can put them on your list.

Skler

Smash Master
RPI always goes, however it is always a mystery as to how many will show up! However, what is NOT a mystery is that I will always show up and bring my TV with a built in VCR AND my cube. Hell, if Pine goes we might take his TV (and cube), so we might bring 2 TVS!!!!

This should be at Iron Cheif's or the "club".

Admissions should go as follows:

Low tier: $20...or $5.
Teams: $10 per team
Singles: $10 per person

I'm good for either date, but you guys better hurry up to decide or people with jobs could get annoyed.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll do what I can to come to this.
Th0rn, I'll bring the PSP (but try to make it to **** tom's tourney if you want it sooner cuz I know you do). Watch out for the Level 3 Comp btw.

Banksya

Smash Ace
this alreay looks to be better than MST8, lawl...hopefully it doesn't get cancelled, or nearly canclled so no one goes. TOO GOOD!

Kais

Smash Ace
I'm good for either date, but you guys better hurry up to decide or people with jobs could get annoyed.
LOL, date = in subject line

Main post = update'd

Flaming = this is what I get for not being able to post on the weekends, eh? >_<;

Pine

Smash Ace
kais sky is on drugs i dont have a tv to bring let alone 2 which i dont even know where the hell u got that 2 from

sky on drugs is TOO GOOD

Top Bottom