• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killa Fleet Presents: The Zenith: Smash Of The Titans! Feb. 24 huge update...1st post

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
hey everyone, its time for our second tournament. we learned alot from our mistakes last tourney and we're not making the same mistakes again, this one is gonna be better and more money also!. February 24!!!. Also, we had alot of crews at our last tournament, but we couldn't do crew battles when everyone wanted to, nows the chance... the first floor will be used for tournament and the downstairs will be used for friendlies, we'll try to get a megaphone or speakers to announce a tournament match to the people downstairs.

place:
54 Cooper Sq
New York, NY 10003
(212) 614-7300 - close call
web2zone.com

date: Saturday, February 24th

time: teams start at 12:30 pm, anytime before that is registration. singles start after teams...(obviously)

w2z - 5 Tvs, 3 GC, 3 SSBM's
alexstrife - 1 TV, 1 GC, 1 SSBM
crismas - 1 GC, 1 SSBM
Dj, 1 tv, 1 gc, 1 SSBM
ace/killa - 2 Tvs , 1 gc, 1 SSBM
spendusworks - 1 cube
shin bowser meow - 1 cube, 1 SSBM
ZoSo - 2 Tvs, 2 cubes, 2 SSBMs
total so far

11 tvs, 11 GC + 10 SSBM

ENTRY FEES---
Singles- 20$ per person
teams- 20$ per team (10$ each teammate)
Crew battles- 10$ a person with a minimum of 4 people a crew, with a 20 stock dividation.

prizes-
singles- 1st. 60%, 2nd. 25% 3rd. 15%
teams- 1st. 70% 2nd. 30% (if alot of teams enter, it will go 65, 25, 10)

Here are the rules for the event:

Rules:

4 Stock
8 minute time limit
Items off

Doubles:

Team attack ON
Life stealing is allowed

In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins, otherwise the player with the lowest percentage wins. If both Players have the same percentage, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. this determines winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Finals are best of five matches

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

In case more than 64 people come, Singles seedlings will be determined by pools – each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play 2 Three (3) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 64-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections will be double blind pick – both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards.

Random Stages for Singles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi’s Story

Random Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium
Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Terminal Bay and Yoshi’s Island 64

Dave’s Stupid Rule Modified – The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set

Stage Strike Rule – Each player/team can choose 1 stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters. Players may change their stage strike for each succeeding game PRIOR to a stage being chosen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)

For the First round in a set, character selection for the round will be double blind pick (unless the players don't care). The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection.

For the next round, players first may choose to change their stage strike, and then the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match. All succeeding matches are played in the same manner.

Directions-
Via Subway

R : All Days (5:30am-11pm) to 8th street
N : Late Nights (11pm-5:30am) & weekends Only to 8th Street
W : Weekdays only (6am-9:30pm) to 8th Street
6 : ALL Times to Astor Place
--all these places take u about 1 block from the venue

Via Bus

M1 M2, M3, M5, M6, M8 to 8th street and Broadway

M101, M102, M103 to cooper square

via car

if you're coming by car, just map quest or Google maps this---
54 Cooper Sq New York, NY 10003

IF ANYONE HAS HOUSING ISSUES/QUESTIONS JUST POST AND WE"LL ANSWER.

Cort

Apple Head
I should be going I think. The last one was great.

Watch out all Christophers! Especially the Port Chester kind.

Brookman

Smash Hero
posty posts! I'm 90% sure I'm going, 5% is if chris is busy, the other is if I am busy!!

The Bino

Smash Lord
AvalanchE Appears

A YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bino is attendin this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MM who wants???????????????????? By that time ill be rollin DEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolol but nah i hope this tourney is as good as the last one.... cuz after this maybe just maybe ill be retired from tourney's til BRAWL!

Also K.F. i get free admission to this NO EXCEPTIONS... not this time.... i want my $20 that yall owe me and this will be it.... Also AvalanchE challenges Killa Fleet to a Crew Battle........... we comin hard and don't knock us

Cort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want that Samus vs Peach MM.......... $5 best of 3 tourney rules..... u can ban 1 stage and the reset rule is in affect u accept... i wanna face that deadly Peach of urs

AE is rollin into this hard... and by that time our Crew Combo Vid should be on its way to being released... AE is doin big things, the AE tourney is a comin full throttle.... check out our Crew Thread

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=91714

Also i believe im in Teams this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Perfect. Gives me time to save up. And practice the Falcon some more.

I'm gonna assume there'll be many...which means more friendlies...which is the best part...yay...potato...

Link-NY

Smash Ace
A YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bino is attendin this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MM who wants???????????????????? By that time ill be rollin DEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolol but nah i hope this tourney is as good as the last one.... cuz after this maybe just maybe ill be retired from tourney's til BRAWL!
Hey barbino ill be willing to take dat MM challenge XD~ Ur samys vs my Ganon or shiek? >=)

Cort

Apple Head
Cort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want that Samus vs Peach MM.......... $5 best of 3 tourney rules..... u can ban 1 stage and the reset rule is in affect u accept... i wanna face that deadly Peach of urs
Done.

Would anyone else like to MM? $5-20 is fine with me.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Nah Killafox someone (Ace or Killa) owes me $20 for payin ur way into one of the BAR Dynasty tourney.... so im gettin free admission into the singles being how i didn't get it last time.... and BAR got his $20 back, i do believe that it would only be right if i receive my $20 back

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
Nah Killafox someone (Ace or Killa) owes me $20 for payin ur way into one of the BAR Dynasty tourney.... so im gettin free admission into the singles being how i didn't get it last time.... and BAR got his $20 back, i do believe that it would only be right if i receive my $20 back
hes not payin for no one cuz he already paid for Bar so ima pay for u this tourny aiight.

on a side note i havent been in the tourny scene or even the smash scene for a while being that iv'e been in deep thinking of quitting. but since there'll be crew battles i will get back into this **** just to bust some crews a$$es lol.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Ace i can't wait to face ur multiple assortment of chars that u hold in ur possession.... u might be surprised wha im bringin to the table against u... bein how we have mad fun matches i think ur gonna be shocked wit wha i got in store but u've seen these chars b4, but mine have been refined and put thro a good amount of trainin, and they ain't perfect yet but they gettin there... also if u talk to Alex either tell em to call me or tell em to go on aim sometime 2morrow after 5 pm if possible aight peaCe

D1

Banned via Administration
I'm down for 5dollaMMs Bino and Cort as well ^_^. (Also that Yoshi ditto for 10 bux Cort XD)

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
The low-tier singles is an excellent idea. Gives me a reason to really practice my YL and Mewtwo. I think I'm coming to this one, at least for the second day ^^.

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
yo for the crew battles entry fee it should be like 10 dollars per person cuz 20 dollars is alot dont you think,also would anyone like to play venom's falcon and/or falco?mm maybe idk how much money ill have but ill have a mtch with you and we can record it.people i want to face would have to be d1, linkny,alejandro p and barbino (so far)

HipHopSpam

Smash Apprentice
How many crews are there in all of new york city anyway? It'll probably have to be winner takes all cuz I can only think of about 5-8 that would enter.

Top Bottom