• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

ThatGuy

Smash Master

Tired of playing the same people all the time? Looking for some REAL competition? Afraid that these random online “professional smashers” are, in fact, internet predators?

Have no more fear! Montréal Weeklies are here! This thread is dedicated to the discussion of the weekly events held in Montréal, Québec. Feel free to post comments, suggestions, opinions and shout-outs that relate to these events.

Our weeklies are on Wednesdays or Thursdays, keep tabs on the thread to see when the next one is!

Remember to bring your own controllers, people! And for all you noobs out there, no items allowed in the matches! (At least that's the general consensus out there...right?).

The weeklies are held at Montreal Street Fighter Headquarters, a loft with a couple cabinets and a bunch of consoles. Their web site is http://www.montrealstreetfighter.com/, and if you wish to contact them, you can post on the Montreal SRK Thread.

Also bring the love for the SF community for this place, and play a few games of ST on the arcade cabinet and feel the 90s.
Street Address:
5445 rue de Gaspé suite 803
Montréal, QC

Directions:
Directions are pretty simple, when you get off at laurier station, outside you go north, across the St-Joseph boulevard and go on laurier street. from there you go west until the Gaspé street, then walk north. You should walk by a Primary school and a park. Once you're at the building (you'll know when you see it) go inside, take the elevator to the 8th floor. When you get out the elevator it won't really be clear where to go, but you'll see a glass wall. Enter that corridor and you should see a door with "MTLSF" and the MTLSF logo. Wow you're there.

The laurier station has two ends.

One where you're already on Laurier street, so you don't have to cross the St-Joseph boulevard. Just keep walking west until De Gaspé street and north until the building.

You probably won't miss the street since it has traffic lights for some reason.
Weekly hours:
Whenever they choose to open, usually around 17h30 until 1h00.

Costs:
5$ a night, 40$ a month, 200$ half a year/year (monthly and bi/yearly includes venue fees for tournaments that might be held on other days than weeklies, or any other day you might want to go there and play other games than smash)
Enjoy the experience, everyone!

Ladder Season 1

Our 1st season of the ladder is now finished, which consisted of a 2v2 tournament every week, followed by an 8-man 1v1 tournament by the end of the season. Points were earned based on how well you had placed. Here is how the points are distributed after every event:

1st. 9 points
2nd. 6 points
3rd. 3 points
4th. 1 point

Without further adieu, here are the final ladder standings:

1. BentoBox (34 points)
1. Fizzi (34 points)
3. WarranThad (30 points)
4. ThatGuy (21 points)
5. Techiyo (20 points)
6. Kirt/Mystic Viper (17 points)
7. Agony (15 points)
8. zaf (13 points)
8. Steb (13 points)
10. Agora (12 points)
11. Vwins (9 points)
11. Damax (9 points)
13. filauc (6 points)
13. BigRick (6 points)
15. fhatiuk (5 points)
16. Phil (3 points)
17. Kage (1 point)
17. "C"let (1 point)

The final tournament results (Agony, zaf, and BentoBox were not present for the final tournament, therefore Agora, Sphyra and Steb filled in.):

1. Fizzi
2. ThatGuy
3. WarranThad
4. Steb
5. Techiyo
5. Mystic Viper
7. Sphyra
7. Agora

####-----Updates Below-----#####

December 12, 2007 Update:

ATTENTION EVERYONE!

I have just received an e-mail from GamersWorld that the Bi-Weeklies will not be taking place anymore over there. Here is the following message:

---
Hello Joel,

Wanted to give you a heads up, we are no longer able to host Super Smash for you guys. We have swapped out the TVs for Magic tables.

Tell the guys thanks for all their support!

Take Care,

Caroline
Gamers' World
4986 Queen Mary
Montreal, QC
H3W 1X2
(514) 788-5389
---
End Quote

So sorry guys, but there will be no more bi-weeklies, at least for the moment. We will have to find an alternate location.

Thank you everyone for your participation.

---------------------------------------------------------------

April 14th, 2008 Update:

I have just received the following e-mail today:

---
**English will follow**

Bonjour à tous,

Je me demandais si vous seriez intéressés à ravoir des soirées de Super Smash les mardis ou mercredis soirs au Gamers' World. On pourrait recommencer les soirées de ligue avec un tournoi (et des prix). Nous avons reçu des nouveaux écrans (2x 32" LCD et un 42" Plasma, et un possible 4e qui serait un 27" cathodique), et nous aimerions ravoir la gang de Super Smash à notre magasin à nouveau.

Si vous etes intéressés, faites-le moi savoir, et nous commencerons avec un tournoi à la fin d'Avril!

Bonne journée!

Mike

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if you were all interested in having your Super Smash nights back on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings at Gamers' World! We could kick off the league night again with a tournament and have some prize support. We received some new screens (2X32" LCD and a 42" Plasma, and well the 4th would be a 27" tube) and would love to have the whole Super Smash gang back at our store.

If you're all interested let me know and we'll kick off with a tournament at the end of April!!!

Cheers!!!

Mike
Gamers' World
4986 Queen Mary
Montreal, QC
H3W1X2
514-788-5389
---
End Quote

Who here wants the Bi-Weeklies re-instated at GamersWorld? Discussion is now open.

May 21st, 2008 Update:

Bi-Weeklies are back, but now they are Weeklies! Make sure you check the first post for changes regarding time, price, and rebates!

September 17th, 2008 Update:

Ladder Season 1 is now open, and will run until just before the holidays (December 10th)! Good luck everyone!

December 10th, 2008 Update:

Ladder Season 1 is over! Congratulations to our winner, Fizzi!

December 3rd, 2009 Update:

We have officially relocated to NetChamp as our new location for the weeklies! Please refer to the newly updated first post for full details. We would like to extend a huge thank you to Gamers' World for supporting our community over the years; without you guys we wouldn't be having these events in the first place! Cheers guys!

June 30th, 2010 Update:

NCBA has announced that it will be shutting down. As of today, there will be no more weeklies. Thank you NCBA for making these weeklies happen for many enjoyable months!

November 17th, 2010 Update:

Pretty outdated update, but the main post has been updated with information concerning our new Weekly location, the Montreal Street Fighter Headquarters. Talk pas ****!

-Credit goes to Agora, for taking the bull by the horns and organizing these events and getting them underway, to Nephiros, for making the pimp-*** banner, and to Gamers' World, NetChamp, and MTLSF for putting up with us!

Agora

Smash Journeyman
More rep plz.

But hey, let's be honest with ourselves here, setting all this up was a piece of cake, the first place we found accepted us right away :D Regardless, was about time a bi-weekly happened!

Have fun on the 6th, guys.

Damax

Smash Lord
Since agora's not going next week I'M not sure it'll be sexy enough.... unless phen goes... oh wait bi weeklies not orgies? aah.. yeah I knew it! I was huh... kiding!... I'll investigate, I might come on a head shot. I might not come due to school, it'll be the last big week prolly.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Since agora's not going next week I'M not sure it'll be sexy enough.... unless phen goes... oh wait bi weeklies not orgies? aah.. yeah I knew it! I was huh... kiding!... I'll investigate, I might come on a head shot. I might not come due to school, it'll be the last big week prolly.
...And so arrives the first 'Damax' post. Let's all throw english out the window :)

I'm only adding people on the list who are "confirmed" to go.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
i can lend a tv to the place if i can get a lift. i would leave it there until we stop having biweeklies. and i'm selling my gamecube if anyone is interested, then with that extra console you can help out our community and lend it to gamer's world.

gamecube no controllers 20$.

Paty

Smash Apprentice
Cool I didn't know about those gatherings. I'll try to be there Wednesday, depending on how my exams go. See you, biches.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Dis bigrick ma peach est bon ou pas pour savoir:confused:
Pour être honnête avec toi man, moi jai encore bcp de choses à apprendre, et je dirais ke toi aussi.

Néanmoins, ta la majorité des basics down... la faut juste ke tapprennes a ne pas faire d'erreurs, et à trouver ton style... moi c ya pas longtemps ke jai finalement découvert mon meilleur style de jeu. Il me reste à apprendre a bien lappliquer selon les différentes situations

Paty

Smash Apprentice
Gang de noobs, vous me connaissez pas.
Check mon post history, c'est comme 1 post à tous les 3 mois, mais à chaque fois que je post je trashtalk. Je vous own. Fin de la discussion. See you Wednesday teh 6rd.

EDIT: J'ai oublié de mentionner que mon join date prouve mon leetness... oui oui.

aussi,
If i dont come Jarc is going to **** me so.. ill come... i can bring my cube too :)
J'ai lu : "If i come Jarc is going to **** me so.. ill come... "
I thought it made more sense.

Paty

Smash Apprentice
Please consider that my hot-dog was way bigger than his *****-pheg-kiddy-little garlic bread. I could deep-oesophagus that sissy thing.

Top Bottom