• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

Tyson651

Smash Lord
u want to smash with edmonton.

wait for it.

ct5, carl's (falsefalco) tourney in may at edmonton

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
K. Airwalkerr is my favorite new smasher ever. lololol.

Yeah, there's ct5 and adat2(?) happening before the summer. =D

You've been around since June 08? That sucks that you didn't post earlier. There was a really big one in Red Deer just a few months ago.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman

You've been around since June 08? That sucks that you didn't post earlier. There was a really big one in Red Deer just a few months ago.
Haha I was technically around since January, 08. But I made the file when I was drunk, and made a ridiculous password. And so one day I erased all my internet cookies and my account went with it. God, I hope I can't get banned for telling you that. XD. If CT5 is in Edmonton, where's this Adat2 held? Because honestly, my ability to travel is rather hindered by my lack of a car haha. And taking the Gray Hound is over priced and incredibly infuriating. makes me lose my head every time. ;P I'm sorry, bad joke.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
adat2 will be a brawl whereas ct5 will be melee.

u dont have to worry too much about greyhound cause there will be quite a few calgarians coming to edmonton for our tourneys and carpooling shouldnt be too hard if u ask the right people.

Levi5

Smash Ace
That and greyhounds aren't that bad, I take them all the time. I've not been been stabbed fifty times once, nor had my head cut off. A sweet old lady did offer me some delicious fudge however.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol, well im sure the main event is brawl, no?

like, ill still be going. but not going to take the brawl event seriously lol. probably only do teams haha.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
yes, they are both in edmonton.

calgary has no tourneys. its either edmonton or red deer lol

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lawl, well when is it going to be?

if u host it exact same date as last year, it might happen again cause my friends have bday parties every year.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Definitely won't be the same day as last year because Genesis is on that day. I was hoping around August, but Victor's being an *** and wants to host CAST5 then...I'm trying to work something out with him so we can have August.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
The problem is, i'm moving this summer to Edmonton. After that, I won't be able to host another tournament. I think Carl won't be hosting either, since he and I are both going into Engineering at Alberta. Unless Carl is super awesome.

This is why I wanted to host CAST5 sometime in the summer. With Genesis in July, my only option is August.

Tyler and Luke are pretty persistent and for some reason, don't want to host a Brawl tournament in the same month as a Melee tourney. So, I've decided to end the series with CAST4 and let them host their Brawl tourney in August. It'll save me the effort, and i'm sure EC/BC guys will come to ADAT2 for a side-event anyhow.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
The problem is, i'm moving this summer to Edmonton. After that, I won't be able to host another tournament. I think Carl won't be hosting either, since he and I are both going into Engineering at Alberta. Unless Carl is super awesome.

This is why I wanted to host CAST5 sometime in the summer. With Genesis in July, my only option is August.

Tyler and Luke are pretty persistent and for some reason, don't want to host a Brawl tournament in the same month as a Melee tourney. So, I've decided to end the series with CAST4 and let them host their Brawl tourney in August. It'll save me the effort, and i'm sure EC/BC guys will come to ADAT2 for a side-event anyhow.
Aren't you not even done high-school yet?

Also, Tyler and Luke can put a brawl in their brawl so they can fail while they fail. I want CAST5.

I WANT ****ING CAST5.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i'm still in high school.

Nah. Tyler and Luke can have their brawl tourney. It's just less work for me.

Rend

Smash Cadet

****! D= my heart.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
No.

Definately not lol.

(although if you post in the Alberta thread in the social section, you probably actually could find a brawl scene, why?)

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Randall died again.

Check out the alberta thread in social, if you post there you can find some stuff.

(theres a tournament in edmonton in july)

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I tried as hard as I possibly could.

Y'all haven't seen the last tournament under the Pro Impact name. But yeah, officially there will be no tri-weeklies.
Maybe you should reconsider it? Levi has quit smash and the Calgary smash scene has been suffering a lot ever since then. Maybe tri-weeklies would inspire people to play competitively again.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Pfffft bahahahahahaha.

It'd be cool to see an ABE (at brawls end) alternatively known as AMR (at melees revival)

But I mean, smash is dead here but eh, it's alright.

We don't blame you Randall.

****ing cloud.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I already addressed this in the other thread, but just incase you check here first,

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235344

It's a melee/brawl tournament happening later this month. You should try to make it! There are a lot of Calgarians who are willing to carpool.

Otherwise, Calgary is pretty dead for Brawl besides Alex(?). Everyone else ***** around for smash, only less so in Melee(?).

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I am considering attending this some time, as it is the closest frequent tournament that I can find relative to me (Edmonton). Getting there might be a problem though, as I am without a vehicle.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
haha oh wow, I should tell you these are dead.

WAAYYYY dead and have been a long time.

If you're interested in smash, keep to the alberta thread and we'll try to keep you updated

Top Bottom