• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mages Present: Cataclysm 3 - March 3-4, 2007 - Final Schedule in First Post

What kind of soda is your favorite?

• Cola

Votes: 56 23.3%
  • Diet Cola

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Orange

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • Root Beet

Votes: 41 17.1%
  • Dr Pepper

Votes: 55 22.9%
  • Lemon-Lime(sprite)

Votes: 29 12.1%
  • Grape

Votes: 20 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
THEY WENT INTO HIDING FOR ONE YEAR... AND NOW THE GREATEST TOURNAMENT SEQUEL EVER.... CATACLYSM 3!!!!! Yup, we finally have a date. And no, there is no mistake, we decided to take up a whole weekend with world ending goodness this time. So mark it on your calanders, make sure to take work off and book your flights early, there is some serious **** going down here.

March 3-4, 2007
David Prouty High School
302 Main Street
Spencer, Ma 01562

Entrance fees:
Entrance fee: $5 per day (to cover the building fees)
Singles - $15
Teams - $20
Draft Crews - $10 per person

-The Tournament will take place in Spencer MA, which is just outside of Worcester. It’s not too hard to get there. If you need help, Google maps will get you there no problem. If that still doesn’t work, IM me: Omegawhitemage.

There is still going to be a mandatory fee of $5 for anyone who enters the building. This is to cover major costs. If you have a problem with it, sorry but there can and will be no exceptions. This applies to both days.

*Final Schedule*

Day 1
10:30 People may begin arriving
11:00 Begin sign-ups
12:30 Sign-ups end
1:00 Begin Teams
5:00 Captains are chosen/Break for dinner
6:00 Captains gather to draft their crews
6:30 Draft crews are announced – 15 mins to practice and determine order
6:45 Draft crews begin
10:00 Draft Crews ends
10:00-11:00 Friendlies and I’ll be seeding the singles bracket

Day 2
10:00 Arrive
11:00 Singles Starts
4:00 Singles ends
5:00-9:00 Low Tier? Falcon only tournament, w/e really. But at nine everyone needs to be out so we can clean-up.

This is the FINAL schedule, no changes will be made, and we will do our best to adhere to this at all costs. That means very strictly enforcing the Mages DQ rule.
________________________________________________________________________________

**General Rules**

The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

**Tournament Rules**

Double Elimination Bracket

Singles:
$15
Sets are 2/3, 3/5 for the finals
8 Minute Time Limit
4 Stock
No Items

- Singles Stages on – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay

Teams:
$20 per team ($10 per teammate)
Team Attack on and Life Stealing Allowed
Sets are 2/3, 3/5 for the finals
8 Minute Time Limit
4 Stock
No Items

- Team Stages On - Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story and Battlefield
- Team Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Fountain of Dreams, Mute City

Draft Crews:

There will be 16 draft crews, filling one single elimination bracket. Captains will be decided by power rankings/mlg points/teams placings. Once 16 captains are chosen, they will be grouped together to pick their teams.

Rules:
--Each man gets 4 stock
--Percent returns to 0 after you finish off an opponent
--Captain’s must write down a list of his players, what character they will each be using, and who is going first. Order can be decided play by play after the first man.
--Stages are the same as in singles.

--Coaching is allowed and encouraged during crews

--Payout is 60/30/10

**Other Rules**

- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the set.

- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

-Restart Rule - When a match starts and a player does not want to play the randomly selected stage he/she has 5 seconds to pause and quit the match so long as no lives were lost and no damage was given. Each player gets 1 per set (only applies to the first match of a set)

-Advanced Slob Picks - After the first match the loser says the stage out loud. Then the winner picks their character and the loser picks their character after that.

-Dave's Stupid Rule - Any stage that has already been played cannot be chosen again, even if its the stage you wish to use for your counterpick. We will make exceptions for the finals matches as those sets are best of 5.

-Housing is a definite option for those who will be coming from far away. Let one of us know though PM or IM if you need it.

-Any disturbance considered to be major will result in the eviction of the person or person(s) involved, no refund will be given and they will NOT be allowed at any future event. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Yeah, don’t fight with people, we have swords and we will not hesitate to use them. (seriously) So no fighting in the venue, you will be kicked out without refund and banned from all future events. No tobacco products are allowed on premises, so don’t bother trying to smoke because we’re obligated to call the police. And obviously no alcohol.:laugh:

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
First Post.

Definately going to this ish. It'll be too friggen good.

I want the Fall River to make a comeback on this one. I don't care if they are taking midterms, they are GOING TO THIS!

Aiser

Smash Lord
freakin sweet! I'm down! if its in spencer like last time, I'm so crashing at my grandparents house! <_<

and its in march I'll be off work by then even more goodness! sweeet <_<

Black Jinjo

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, you've got some dates nailed down and everything.

I'm definitely coming to this. It sounds so sick! I can't wait!

Banks

Smash Hero
YEAAAAA NSG will be there once again. This was the first **** we ever went to back in October 2005. How time flies.

Mages, crew battle once again? Wouldn't be cataclysm without the Mages vs. NSG crew to kick it off.

GOOD ****

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss <33 will be there to defend my title:cool:
if its 2 days u should throw in low tier or something else
I'm actually working on something to do instead of low tier, but if that doesn't work out low tier will be in. I'll announce that in the next few days.

Sock - Didn't u mention u have a band or somethin that might be able to play at this thing? Hit me up with the details of that, I might be interested.

NSG - I'll talk to tha rest of tha crew.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'll be there to defend my team title LOOL

:kirby:
You knocked me into losers at Cat2, so I'm gon' get revenge....money match? >_>

Omegawhitemage, money match?

Rawsex, money match?

Meep, if you're going again this time, since you knocked me out of the tournament, money match?

EDIT: wtf, those 6 stages only? How am I going to beat KoreanDJ w/o Pokefloats?

EDIT #2: I'll mm anyone I played against, in tournament, friendlies, w/e at the last one. That means you, Wes. Oh, G-reg too

Skler

Smash Master
I'm gunna go, and I'll take RPI with me! Granted, this isn't a sure thing but my parents wouldn't deprive me of this would they!?

Aiser

Smash Lord
Dude theres a squirl outside my window trying to get into this old bunny cage I have. WTF?!

Low tier is definatly a must <_< fun times!

Banks

Smash Hero
I think the ruleset is secksy, theres certain people who have been picking rainbow cruise and poke floats for counters at EVERY tournament I've been to in a while

*cough*darcanddazwa*cough*

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure that this post is just to raise my post count... >_> <_<

my hands are feeling dirty

_V_

Smash Ace
Yay I will be there...perfect time, during my vacation and on my birthday ^^

So umm who wants to let me win because it's my birthday?! Tehehe

Aiser

Smash Lord
Yay I will be there...perfect time, during my vacation and on my birthday ^^

So umm who wants to let me win because it's my birthday?! Tehehe
THis tournys on your b-day? <.< *gets you an awesome pencil!*

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm going to try and make this. As long as Aiser or someone drives me.

Rep

Smash Apprentice
This is a long ways away, so my Sig will say it all. Us nutmeggers are going to be practicing nonstop against level 9, you heard me, level 9! computers! We've moved up from the level 8's, and I think we're about ready to pwn the crap out of this cataclysm thing.

Rep

Smash Apprentice
Do not be afraid my fellow nutmegger. We must be brave. This is the only way that we can attain victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom