• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge double Laser/blaster "guide". Plus a fox version, PLEASE MOVE TO FALCO-SECTION

Nigzel

Smash Ace
Hi

Story: (kinda) this "move" is normally called something like Bombsoldier
double edge laser trick, but in thruth it wasnt BS who invented it. and
still many players (including myself) call it a BS trick, i dunno why.

as mentioned a few posts forward in this thread, Falco's in the US, and outside
the US to ofcours, has been doing this for some years now. the meaning of
this thread is to decrease the questions about how to do this, and who Bombsolider
really is. but so far i dont really have that much info on him. but he's like the 3rd
best player in japan, plays falco and has some great combos. <.<' please PM or IM
me in any way (preferably the hub, AIM, msn or from here SWF) with information on him,
and it will be posted here. soon enough there will be some vids of this move up here too.

this is a list/guide of it. Done W/O FF
REMEMBER: this is more like A way to do it, not THE.

frame:

1. hang on edge.
2. drop*
3 - minimum of 13.* (max 16) fall
"next frame" (14-17). use your 2nd Jump
"next frame" (15-18). Blaster/Laser

keep press B to keep on Firing.

* If you jump before after frame 13, i wont look as in the BS vids. after frame 16, the first shot will hit stage.

Falco double laser trick WITH FF. still only A way.

Frames:
1. hang on edge.
2. Drop (Debug text gives "fall").
3-a max. of 9, minimum of 5 (?). fall.
"next frame" (6-10). Jump.
"next frame" (7-11). Blaster/Laser

Press B to keep on firing.

yes, this is MUCH faster than the one W/O FF.

Falco poision mushroom, NO FF

Frame:
1. hang on edge.
2. drop*
3-15 (19 is max). Fall
16 (and forward up to 20). Jump
17 (and forward up to 21). Blaster/laser

POSION MUSHROOM, FF

Frame:
1. Hnag on edge.
2. Drop*
3-8 or 9 (10 **). Fall.
9 or 10 (11 **). Jump.
10 or 11 (12 **). Blaster/Laser

press B to keep on firing.

** = the hardest one ever, the chance to succeed with that eveen in debug menu isnt
100% there a slight chance the shot might hit the stage, rather than go presiscly (spelling)
above it.

still, only A way.

Super mushroom, NO FF

Frame:
1. Hang on edge.
2. drop*
3-14 (?) (max 16). Fall
15, 16 or 17. Jump.
16, 17 or 18. Blaster/Laser

super mushroom, FF

Frame:
1. hang on edge.
2.drop*
3-6 or 7 (max). fall
7 or 8. jump
8 or 9. Blaster/Laser

yup, this is a hard one.

Now, the fox version is ALOT harder, i havent even done it W/O debug. but i think someone can do it with alot of training. the fox one includes 3 Blasters/Lasers. also done W/O FF

frame:

1. hang on edge
2. drop (see above)
3-12. fall
13. use your 2nd Jump
14. Blaster/Laser

keep press B to keep on Firing.

Sidenote: the last shot comes out on the first LANDING frame.

WITH FastFall

frame:
1. hang on edge.
2. drop*
3-6. fall.
7. Jump.
8. Blaster/Laser

Press B to keep on firing

FOX GETS TO " BIG " (need a beter word) FOR TRIPLE LASERS WHILE BEING GIANT,
SO SUPERMUSHROOM ONLY INCLUDES 2 SHOTS

Fox Supermushroom, NO FF

Frame:
1. hang on edge.
2. drop*
3-15. Fall.
16. Jump.
17. Blaster/Laser

Fox, Super mushroom, FF

Frame:
1. hang on edge.
2. drop*
3-9. fall.
10. jump.
11. Blaster/Laser

POISON

fox , poision mushroom. NO FF

frame:
1. Hang on edge.
2. Drop*.
3-15. Fall.
16. Jump.
17. Blaster/Laser.

press B to keep on firing.

fox , posion mushroom, FF

frame:
1. hang on edge.
2. drop*
3-8. fall.
9. Jump
10. blaster/Laser

press B to keep on firing

if you havent aldready figured it out, the fox one is
ALOT harder. because i see Fox as the perfect characther (he has the potential,
check out "Zero Mercy or some of he fox parts of Perfect Control or the "Adventure
movie" when its ready (yes, all movies by SuperDoodleMan)) and i wanted it to look
as slim as possible.

videos:

Falco one, W/O FF

Falco one WITH FF

Fox one, and no, no FF

* = yes the debug text says "fall", since there is no animation of "drop". i dont count this frame in the "falling frames".

please, comments and feedback.

i'll fix it all later, i know the texture aint the same.

Mini-Guide by Nigzel

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
This trick can be done without any problems, no need the frame for that, come on. People look so pro when they talk about frame. :\

Brookman

Smash Hero
you're just jealous you didn't do it first. and it's not hard to do when you know what to do, but he made this for people who...get this...don't know how to do it!!

Nigzel

Smash Ace
then i want apoc and pkmvodka to do the fox 0ne, 10 times in a straight W/O messing up. ;)
but youre right, the falco one, compared to other things in melee, is quite hard, but offcours and decent falco player can easly do it. and melee, for me, is almost only theory. and the easiest way to exprees something like this IS with frames.

new players might think like this: "so 15 frames = 1/4 sec, so i should fall a little more than a 1/6 to get it properly.

that's all.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Nigzel said:
then i want apoc and pkmvodka to do the fox 0ne, 10 times in a straight W/O messing up. ;)
but youre right, the falco one, compared to other things in melee, is quite hard, but offcours and decent falco player can easly do it. and melee, for me, is almost only theory. and the easiest way to exprees something like this IS with frames.

new players might think like this: "so 15 frames = 1/4 sec, so i should fall a little more than a 1/6 to get it properly.

that's all.
It's not that hard. 10 times wont even prove anything because it's all button pressing speed.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
then so be it, and vid of you doing it 10 or more times in a row W/O messing up.¨

within 2 days!

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Yes he has, but Bombsoldier was like the first person to put it in a tournament, so its like "his" trick. The question is .... how come nobody (Dave, RobFalco, Taizo, any pros) never thought to put it in a video lol, because I am so sure that they did it once.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
APOC! THATS NOT WHAT I MEANT! EVERYONE CAN DO THAT!!! I MEAN MY EXAMPLE, THAT LOOKS LIKE THE FALCO ONE!!! ****IT. cant you both read and understand at the same time?

Nigzel

Smash Ace
hell no, im not. "guys who talk about frame s always seems so smart". well apoc, seems you dont understand the true meaning of frames in melee.

and pkmvodka, i hope youll get a warning for that.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Nigzel said:
hell no, im not. "guys who talk about frame s always seems so smart". well apoc, seems you dont understand the true meaning of frames in melee.

and pkmvodka, i hope youll get a warning for that.

Who are you anyway to judge someone doesn't know the meaning of frames in melee? As far as i'm concerned, it's not even hard. I could go make a topic on what frames I can shieldgrab with sheik.. but I don't. Why? Because it's a friggin joke to do.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
pkmvodka said:
Who are you anyway to judge someone doesn't know the meaning of frames in melee? As far as i'm concerned, it's not even hard. I could go make a topic on what frames I can shieldgrab with sheik.. but I don't. Why? Because it's a friggin joke to do.

No its informing, as long as anyone needs it. and theres alot of n00bs thinking about how you do this, so i gave them some directions. and you and apoc, just shows up and indirectily (spelling) says "**** you, thats easy". noooooo, its not easy for all peaple (spelling), i know good falcos that cant do this, but this may give them a chance to train it up, and you only crank it down. shame on you!

and, you dont have to be a "frame pro" to even understand this. its enough if you know thats its 60 fps. and then can calculate among how much time's needed, etc.

Brookman

Smash Hero
everyone should stop being so childish, nigzel did a good thing by making a little guide on how to do this FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNBOW HOW if you can do it, good, nigzel saw that alot of people were asking about this and decided to make a little topic about how to do it. Nigzel explained it in frames because that's how he thinks, in a more technical way, leave him alone.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
brookman, youknow, i even gave you a "good reputation point" for that, not only good in forming post makes me give that ;)

DYC

Smash Champion
Apøc` said:
Yes he has, but Bombsoldier was like the first person to put it in a tournament, so its like "his" trick. The question is .... how come nobody (Dave, RobFalco, Taizo, any pros) never thought to put it in a video lol, because I am so sure that they did it once.
Forward has been doing it in tourneys atleast since MOAST, and I'm sure Dave used it plenty of times before that. The only people who think its a "Bombsoldier trick" are people who are too new to know better. You weren't at MOAST i assume?

Brookman

Smash Hero
try moving towards the stage then???

how can you miss the stage?

one: you are jumping to late

two: you don't move toward the stage after you start shooting.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Haha, the first time I was reading about this, I thought the person meant you drop, jump, shoot twice, and grab the ledge. I couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried, so I didn't understand how people managed to do it. Then I realized you just have to land on the stage haha, and it's as easy as pie.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
see, (take no offence mkmelee, ok bud?) thats exactly what the guide is for, newbs and players who didnt know.

DYC

Smash Champion
I don't have a problem with the guide itself. I have a problem with people claiming Bombsoldier invented it because they don't know ****.

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Lol, even if you are upset dude, it won't change ****, I never said Bombsoldier invented that move, I said was the first person to put it on a tournament, which we all seen. Seriously Dave did that move before(I'm sure of it), like we all did the dair to waveshine combo, but one thing is sure, it's that everyone started to use that move after Bombsoldier did it. You should watch some Falco videos before the double laser of BS out from the ledge and then some videos of Falcos after that. You'll see alot of Falco put this move with their game style. Okay, it's not BS' trick, but people use it "more" beacause of him.

Top Bottom