• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2/11/06 Orlando FL SSBM Tourney

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
GIGABITS LAN Center will be holding it's third Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament Saturday February 11th 2006. More info coming soon.

Tournament Setup:

Singles and Doubles!!!! with a MLG Ruleset. More details coming soon ;)

Prizes:

Prize Information coming soon

http://www.igames.org/CenterMinisiteHome.asp?LocationID=4566

See GIGABITS website at www.gigabitslancenter.com

-NOTE- I have edited the original thread for the tourney instead of making a new one so that you can read the history of our previous two tournies. Thanks to everyone for making GIGABIT's Second Tourney a big sucess with a 24 player turn out. Let's hope the next will be even BIGGER! :chuckle:

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Previous Tournament Results:

10/19/05:
1) exarch
2) DarkFalchion0813
3) Justin
4) h1roshi
5) (Fenrir_VII?)
5) (Ken2?)

12/17/05:
1) DarkFalchion0813
2) exarch
3) Fenrir_VII
4) RazorFalconX
5) derf
5) (AngryLobster?)

2/11/06:
1) DarkFalchion0813
2) vericz
3) derf
4) RazorFalconX
5) Fenrir_VII
5) Nafix
7) exarch
7) AngryLobster
9) Vijin
9)?
9)?
9)?

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
i'll be there. I suck at FFA though, and items. gay. hope to meet some of you guys. Would love to meet even more people so we can setup something more consecutive. I play with a good 5 people and would love to add more. I'll see yall there.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Man I don't know. FFA? Come on what is that garbage. ITEMS? Geez, they really need to work on their rules. I live in kissimmee which is pretty close to Orlando so might come just for the lack of tournaments but man that really sucks that it doesn't have an mlg rule set. Maybe somebody should cobtact the manager and tell him that we don't want to play ffa, we want freakin singles.

exarch

doot doot doot
Lets just set up our own tourney (mlg rules) and do it at the same time-unless they change
We need gamecube TVs versions of smash... ok so who's gonna help me with this
I've got one set of smash coming with me (TV GC Smash). who else?

If we do this we need to participate in their tourney too.

Edit: Hey guys running this tourney look at this
derf said:
if you guys get any mlg-ruleset tourneys in orlando, i might stop down (and could possibly coerce a few others into coming) depending on circumstances. im from orlando originally and am only 2 hours away
its found in this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=54886

So basically if you change the rules, more people will come. Change the rules!!!

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
exarch said:
Lets just set up our own tourney (mlg rules) and do it at the same time-unless they change
We need gamecube TVs versions of smash... ok so who's gonna help me with this
I've got one set of smash coming with me (TV GC Smash). who else?

If we do this we need to participate in their tourney too.

Edit: Hey guys running this tourney look at this

its found in this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=54886

So basically if you change the rules, more people will come. Change the rules!!!
I am willing to hear you all out and change the rules if it's needed to do so. Althought about half of the people currently signed up wanted FFA. Tell you what sign up for the event and if you only want 1 on 1 send me an email at mwarhead@mwarhead.com withy your name and email. Heck if there is enough people for both maybe we will consider doing two seperate tournies. No promises.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Man, I am done with FFA tourneys. I'm not going to sign up and then hope that you change it. You have, at this moment, 8 people registered. How many of those really wanted FFA? Just wondering.

I actually considered coming to this just to see Exarch and the Central FL guys, but forget it if this is FFA.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
i'm goin just to meet some smash players. i'd personally rather do one on one like everyone else but in the last month or so i've met a lot of smashers and so i figure it'd be even better to meet more so we could start holding smash nights more often. in facton monday darkfalchion and his friend are goin to have an event so i hope to see some of you at the tourney so we can play more consecutively.

exarch

doot doot doot
Ok so I just lost transportation to this. Is anyone from Daytona area driving to this and would have 2 seats in their car that me and a friend could occupy? Need to know ASAP, because its tomorrow... Idk about him, but I would help pay for gas.
Thanks in advance if you can-contact me via AIM, exarch 21

I have a way there, unfortunately I will not be bringing a smash set up. Only my controller. If you know my avatar, you should be able to recognize me from my shirt.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Im there
hope the rules get changed tho

im going to use the name Kaze instead

Edit:F that **** im keepin zoro

exarch

doot doot doot
Derf: no fair you tier whored! remind me when I have a coke to give you.

Oh yeah btw, the rules got changed, so it was 1v1s no items mlg rules. Good times!

Placings as I remember:
1 exarch
2 darkfalchion
3 Justin
4 h1roshi
5 meleeguy/kenny?

oo big help... sorry about the lack of info, im bad with names most ppl there didn't have smashboards names anyways.

Edit, I should do shout outs:
Gigabits-shout outs for changing the rules!
DarkFalchion: nice marth, nice matches, but i've already told you this. sucks that you got the phone call-but those are just my top tier mind games XD.
Kenneth-thanks for letting me crash at your place. And for giving me enough fox matches to remember how to play vs fox.
meleeguy- gg, but it been a while since i had played foxes. I remember how to do it now. oh well, i didn't mind losing though. nice fox. we got to play again xd.
Brian-never got to play you... look forward to when we do though.
Zoro/Kaze- just gotta get more tourney experience. Thanks for the kind words, you'll get there eventually.
Hozart- too bad you didn't get there in time. gotta make the next one.
Fenrir- oops, called you meleeguy.
I know I'm forgeting someone here.. i'll update later

n00btip

Smash Rookie
shout outs

exarch- great matches! man, took me a while to get around those sick mindgamz with the turnips. and 3/4 stitch faces in one match!!!!! man, that was crazy. No more hax next time LOL! I definently look forward to playing you again, and starting some central FL tourneys with u in the future.

Meleeguy- awsome matches man, sorry for the chaingrabbin man, but thats marths job when hes fightin fox.

brian- man, good match, your shiek as gotten really good. keep up the mindgamez.

daniel- lol, man, i cant believe u threw up during the match. U shoulda took some advil mang.

zoro- never got to play you man, maybe next time.

hozart- awsome icys man, those desync comboes were sick! especially when u grabbed, threw, and made nana spike kennys falcon. keep up those icys man, they're deadly.

kenny-u hardly come on the boards, but good matches still.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Heh be glad you didnt play me
I sucked terribly ill be better by the next one tho
Im hopin giga does do those monthly tourneys

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Heh heh. Everybody's calling me meleeguy still. It could get confusing to those I don't know.

Anyways, shout outs.

Exarch: Congrats, man, on the tourney win. You deserved it. I'm glad we could finally really play. Your Peach is nasty. Crazy with the FCing all over the place. You might have the best Peach in FL. You just need to play Maverick's. I think he's the only other good Peach in state now. And I have no idea how you make IC's do all that crap. It's pretty intimidating to play against.

Falchion: Nice Marth. You keep getting better. We really need to get together, though. I need Marth practice. :ohwell: You said something about forming a clan.......I'm all for it. If you want to come over to Lakeland any time, I'll make sure we can get together and smash.

Kenny: Lots of fun matches. Everything from Fox / Fox to Mario / Mario. lolz.

Hiro: I'll be honest, I was mad when I lost to you. I mean, you are good, but I had that match won so many times and just kept letting it slip away. It still annoys me when I think about it. aargh. Fun matches though. You're a nice guy to talk to.

They are apparently going to do another tourney next month, so I guess I'll see you guys there.

RockCrock: You and Q need to come to the next one. It will be MLG ruleset.

Mr. Deja Vu

Smash Rookie
Arcade Renaissance in Central Florida (Part 3)
---------------------------------------------------
3484 Polynesian Isle Blvd
Kissimmee, FL 34746
1st floor Meeting Room

------------------------------------------------
Dates:
--------------------------------------------------
November 19, 11am - Until??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Games:

Games:
1. CvS2 (dreamcast)
2. 3S (xbox/ps2)
3. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (dreamcast)
4. Tekken 5
5. Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3!
6. Super Smash Brothers Melee
7. Soul Calibur 3

Sub Games:
1. Street Fighter 2 Turbo
2. Garou: Mark of the Wolves
3. JoJooooooooooooooooooooos

Rules: Standard Rules
Door Entry: $5
Entry per Game: $5

Pay out:
Winner - 70%
2nd Place - 20%
3rd Place - 10%

Schedule & Rules:
All tournaments Double Elimination
NO converters will be provided for any system.
Bring Your Own controllers as needed.
I own 10 DC controllers and 1 converter (first come/first serve basis)
All Preliminary matches are 2 wins out of 3
All finals and grand finals are 3 wins out of 5
*** for only main games if above four or less than 8 show for a tournament I will be willing to do the tournament in Round Robin format.

Sub Games if done will be done in and around main tournaments.

Super Smash Brothers Melee
Starts @ 1pm
MLG Rules
Except for stock count is 3 & david stupid rule.

Soul Calibur 3
Starts @ 1pm
Evo Rules (for SC 2)

Tekken 5
Starts @ 2:30pm
Evo Rules

Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Starts@ 4:30 pm

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Starts @ 4:30pm

Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3!
Starts @ 6:30pm
Rounds 3-5
-Time 60
-Handicapp 2
-Finals 2/3
-Akamaru is banned
-Karasu is banned

Capcom vs Snk 2
Starts @ 7:30pm

Contact Info:
Calm_warrior4@hotmail.com

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Oh my god was gigabits fun. It turned out to be great success. I brought the mlg rulings and convinced the manager to do mlg so it was SO fun. And for those who shouted me out as Brian thats cool, but i rather be called hiroshi so that name will get a better rep.(the exception to the name thing is falchion,or josh). Well yeah basically I had a lot of fun and am excited to come back in November. Oh yeah, exarch, by the way i got 4th and i am pretty sure that the guy who got 3rd is Justin. Would you mine putting me up in the rankings with you and Falchion/Josh. Now it's time for my shout-outs.

exarch: your pretty **** good. i wanted to verse you in the tourney and i should have if i didn't lose to that justin guy. man he got pretty lucky. but oh well. at least we got to do some friendlies. i beat your ic's and luigi so i am not scared of them but that peach got to my sheik. But i still have to verse you with my falco. so we DEFINITELY have to have a rematch. good friendlies though and good job on the 1st place win.

falchion/josh: what up josh, i was rooting for you. good match we had. it just went back and forth. first you 2 stock me, then i 3 stock you, then you 3 stock me. it was pretty crazy. but yeah it was fun to verse you again after fighting you in mlg orlando. hopefully i will verse you again in november.

meleeguy/fenrir: dude awesome matches. your fox and my falco are pretty closely matched and yes you did have me in the second round but i got pretty lucky when you missed that shine spike. we definitely got to have a rematch in november because it was just too close. but yeah good games man.

kenny: what up man. your fox has gotten better but i think i had a little 1-up on you since i play uuaa/danny's fox so much. but hey that was a fun losers bracket round. better luck next time.

zoro: what up chris. you need to work on your link more with me and danny. you should come over more. it was fun when you came over that day and TRIED to beat me. so whats your record against me now. 0 wins and 50 losses. dude i'm just playing with you, but if you keep playing with me and danny then you will get a lot better and maybe just start beating me.

uuaa/danny: yeah what up danny. for you smashboards people who dont know danny is like my best friend and we smash together all the time. and at the tourney we got paired up in the first round. WTF! but unfortunately he got sick and could barely play so i luckily beat him. if he was in his prime he would have wrecked me. so watch out for him next november at gigabits because he probably wont be sick that time.lol. just playing.

justin/i think thats what his name was: good job man. if it wasn't for you i would have played exarch and the whole tourney could have been different. oh well, i must move on. but yeah good job but i still think i should have kept falco and not switched to sheik because after that first round i understood your strategy and i know i could have taken you out. but good job man and i dont think you go on smashboards but if you do read this.(WE HAVE TO HAVE A REMATCH!!!)lol good games.

rockcrock/qdvs: dude you guys should really come it was awesome. and since me and qdvs already agreed to verse each other in omnismash it would be a lot faster just to come to the next gigabits tourney.

gigabits: shout out to you guys for hosting a tournament for the best game ever. hopefully you guys will host a lot of ssbr tourneys.

And that's everybody. All in all this was a major success but i hope that more people will come next time in november. so if any of you didn't come because you thought it was gonna be a gay ffa, then you dont have to worry anymore. Oh and by the way I am probably going to go to that november 19th tournament in kissimmee. people in kissimmee and orlando alike should come.(josh and kenny, you guys should come down here for the tourney since we went up to you guys for the gigabits tourney.) peace people, till next time.

-hiroshi

Zoro

Smash Champion
didnt I beat you once or twice man...
anywayss i dunno if ill make that one unless i get a ride

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys glad you all had a good time.

Good matches I enjoyed watching them.

There definetly will be more smash tournies at Gigabits. I am going to try to convice the owner for sometime during Winter Break. I will try to get back with a date ASAP.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
yes please, we need to have more tourneys. florida is finally starting to pop up with more tourneys. well, yeah try to get that winter break tourney to go on.(by the way that sucked that you guys didn't give me a prize for getting 4th. i shoud have at least of gotten my monet back. even the people that got knocked out completely got to play for a bottle of bawls. i didn't get jack. and instead of raffling ogg that green shirt you should have given it to me as my prize. well next time 4th place better get a prize.)

-hiroshi

exarch

doot doot doot
Hate to bump this dead topic again...
IMPORTANT: everyone who was at this tourney and remembers my name should facebook me, (assuming you're on facebook.) Youve got my AIM, and know my name, so you should be able to find me at my small school... Stetson University. You guys should do this because you're all so friggin hard to get in contact with.

hiroshi: you've got a point, but if you're unhappy about the way it was run, host your own XD. no offense bro, but the post above is a little harsh. GJ on 4th, look forward to playing you.

Mwarhead: Thanks again for the tourney, you should just make this the official Gigabits thread, and everytime there's another tourney there, you could change the topic, but inbetween the tourney it could just be the default "Gigabits LAN center Orlando: come get pwned" thread or whatever. I hope you can get another, i know id come.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
I liked your title! :)

h1roshi- We never advertised a 4th place prize. Maybe we can come up with ~something~ for the next one. We will think about it :p

There is definetly another Smash Tourney coming YOU CAN COUNT ON IT.
I am just working around the schedule with all of the other events going on

November

Example Last Weekend we held a CS 1.6 Tourney

This weekend is Quake 4

Next Weekend is a joint event with EBGames at one of their stores for Battlefield 2 Moden Combat for Xbox (64 EBGames are participating and they are giving away a CAR!!) It's free to sign up BTW. Let me know if you all want more info.

After that is Thanksgiving

December

Then Finals for many colleges/universities in the area

Then I want to do the next all nighter

after that Christmas

after that Wandemonium number VII

January

then Anniversary Party

then can you say HALO

Possible Smash

then CS: Source

then Possible Mario Kart Double Dash!!! (What do you guys think about this and are there any good forums for announcing tournies for Double Dash?)

Plus we also have ladders with lots of prizes for Call of Duty 2 Starting the 17th Every Thursday night till february.

Age of Empires III every Wednesday night going on now through February

Battlefield 2 Special Forces Starting in December and going throuhg February on Monday nights.

Sounds like lots of fun to me :D

vericz

Smash Champion
Hiroshi- 4th place is a fancy word for loser. get over it and danny deserved that shirt because you know he would of beaten you if he didnt get that stomach virus thing.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Ok Guys!!!!!

GIGABITS LAN Center in Orlando, FL will be holding another Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament Saturday December 17th.

There will be a cash prize.

Tournament Details and Signup coming soon. Rules will be 1 on 1 MLG.

------------------------------------------------------------
Gigabits Tentative Tourney Sechedule Through February 2006

November 19th EBGames Battlfield 2 Modern Combat
December 17th - GCN- Super Smash Bros. Melee
December 31st GIGABITS All Nighter / Wandemonium VII
January 7th - Gigabts 1 Year Anniversary
January 14th - PC- Counter Strike: Source
January 21st - GCN- Mario Kart Double Dash!!
January 28th - XBOX- HALO2
February 4th - GIGABITS ALL NIGHTER
February 11th - GCN - Super Smash Bros. Melee

Top Bottom