• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - SEAT1. September 22-23, 2005.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OFFICIAL RESULTS:

SINGLES FINALS (35 Entrants):

1 Emily/Kupo
2 CATS
3 JM
4 SabreAnt
5 Freddo
5 Sloth
7 Anfology
7 CAOTIC
9 Jazblack
9 Julz
9 Reon
9 Eric
13 MikulonIce
13 King Kong
13 Divine Crono
13 Syrick
17 Joe
17 Yvette
17 Jeremy
28 Julian
28 Chris
28 Myst Walker
28 Plasia
28 Billy
28 Sebastian
28 Snes101
28 Markarse
28 James
28 Khang McCloud
28 RANDOM
30 George
30 Hex
32 ThunderMistress
32 Nickcaine
N/A Cronos_Rainbow
N/A Duffman

QUALIFYING STAGE - 7 ROUNDS

EM XXXXXXX
ERIC XXXXXXX
SLOTH XXXXXXX
DIVINE CRONO XXXXXX
JON XXXXXX
JARRYD XXXXXX
SHAZ XXXXXX
JM XXXXXX
CATS XXXXX
FREDDO XXXXX
REON XXXXX
CAOTIC XXXXX
JULEZ XXXX
ANFOLOGY XXXX
MIKUL XXXX
JOSH XXXX
SYRICK XXXX
------------------------------
JOE XXX
YVETTE XXX
JEREMY XXX
JULIAN XX
CHRIS XX
MYST XX
PLASIA XX
BILLY XX
SEBASTIAN XX
SNES101 XX
MARK XX
JAMES XX
KHANG XX
RANDOM XX
GEORGE X
RICHARD X
THUNDERMISTRESS -
NICK -

TEAMS (LOST FULL SET OF RESULTS, 16 Entrants):
1 - Team B@stardry (Kupo + CATS)
2 - Team Sexy Animal (Cronos_Rainbow + SabreAnt)
3 - Leftwing Canfovism (CAOTIC + Anfology)
4 - Ribbit *CHK* Yehs!! (Divine_Crono + Freddo)
5 - Team (JM + Eric)

kupo

Smash Lord
I think there should be some sort of entry fee to cover up housing and food. Cos yeah, with the last meet at DC's place, his dad put up with us, made us food, etc. And all we did was play, gave our thanks and leave.

$5-10 should cover up...it's up to host to decide the price-range.

Also...
DC's house > N2C :3

Done.

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
Er, put me under the spotlight with that cost thing, haha!

I have to say thanks, that's a very considerate notion. Like, big thanks, very much. :3

I think I'd discuss this with my parents...but, for another thing, I was wondering if you guys wanted to tell me what music you'd all like put on a CD so we can listen to a bit of music while we play. Send me suggestions via MSN, or just post it here. Can't guarantee I'll notice it right away though, heh. :)

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
I think we should all chip in $5 to $10 for pizza's and drinks (So DC dad isnt left cooking) and DC can keep whats left of the money for being such a great host.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
It's a bit silly IMO to go bothering with entry fee if there isn't a common cost you all wish to cover. Everyone does there bit with the community right? I've seen people lend others or shout out food blah blah plenty of times. I mean if you appreciate his holding the tourny and all, make it up to him by doing the same when you get he chance, or if you can't offer your help in other ways. As for his dad, I'm sure he'd appreciate everyone doing there bit to keep fed and entertained, as well as showing his son the same hospitality wherever you can....If this whole thing is about monetary gain then it's kinda poor.
Cover the cost and share the effort - we're friends not customers. And if parents don't like the state of things we're more than capable of getting a venue for occassions like this.
Hosts decision in the end though I guess, I've added my bit.

I'm off to Japan in a couple of hours, so have fun without 'the a$s-whole' you guys :)

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
You know, instead of having an entry fee of some sort, maybe everyone should just bring a little something to munch on? That way DC's dad doesn't have to worry about us too much and we'd have a (hopefully) variety of stuff to snack on.
I think I remember the meet at CAO's when most people wanted to do pizza except someone who had pizza the entire day before : P So it took a while to get food when people were hungy.
Or you could ahve some people bring stuff and people who forget can also chip in for pizza :p I dunno. Just some ideas xD

If I rock up I'll prob just be coming the thursday, but shall see ^_____^

Have fun in japan shaz :3

jazblack009

Smash Ace
I don't object to an admission fee and i do see the sense in it, more than 20 mouths to feed and host, 20 is probably a generous number. Bringing your own munchies is a good idea aswell.
I'm assuming that this tournament will only be as good as the people that are participating, not only melee wise as in the skill level present, but handshakes after playing, lending a helping hand in some small way, common curtosy i suppose.
But i doubt my opinion could be valued if you consider the fact that this will be my first tourny. I just hope I can stay awake for that long XD
All i'm saying is that either way i'll be coming and i don't have an issue with covering the expenses of a host, try to go easy on me :p

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
o.O

Hey, hey. Calm down. I'm not gonna be imposing an entry fee.

It's a kind thought, yeah, but I don't think I would do that. If you want to bring some stuff to eat or drink, that's fine, but don't feel obligated. After all, I'm the host. I wouldn't expect anything from you guys, I'm the one having YOU over. :)

Any music ideas yet?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Music, eh? Here's my suggestion so don't take it seriously:
- Your J-Pop music,
- Em's Ayumi Hamasaki,
- Reon's Kill Bill,Zelda/Metroid/other VGM's,
- My MoS stack/Chillout/Rock - stuff that doesn't suit Smash,
- the 'skatey' music on BACH's vids that Shaz hates :)

I think we have a winner, cough.

:bowser:

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Get some Katamari Damacy music (Lonely Rolling Star in particular) :B It'll either drive people up the wall or make them giddyily happy :D

People could just bring random CDs to have switched around too though yeah?

Sloth

Smash Ace
Classical Music for the win.

Or even more auto win, go some Michael Jackson. We all wanna sing along to heal the world ^_^
Even better, techno love music from Initial D.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Sloth knows his stuff.

Sloth said:
Classical Music for the win.

Or even more auto win, go some Michael Jackson. We all wanna sing along to heal the world ^_^
Even better, techno love music from Initial D.

I mean dont people get sick of all this pop nonsense a little variety is never bad.

IF you dont like it you can always laugh at it.

Anyway I'll come. I'm glad im on the list yipppeeee.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Grab some of the DDR with Mario songs. The MArio theme remixes are prety good.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Shutup with this pop rubbish, and J@p tunes. Its gonna be hard rocking gut-busting Techno, Trance, Rave and plenty of it. *counts stack*, will 25 albums be enough? I could bring more. =p Count me in for the tournament btw ^_~

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It's getting that wee bit closer to the tournament day, so I'll update the first post with everyting I know...

Ok, so not nothing's changed, hahaha. What I really wanna talk about though, is bringing Bringer over here. I've probably bugged him to point he runs away now, but I serious when it comes to creating some sort of donation fund to seal his presence here (that's if he decides to really go, yet is held back financially). So having said this, I'd like a mention from folks who'd be interested in helping Ryan get over to Melbourne, cus we all wanna Smash him up, and he's stuck in the most isolated city in the world, hahaha.

So yeah... any amount is fine, and if I do end up with a substantial response regarding sponsorship, I'll set up the fund, post haste. It's possible we might even do something like slug on the extra entry fee for SEAT or some other event to help him out - cus let's face it - he's worth the cost.

In other developments, don't worry about music, we'll all bring out ****, it'll be interesting to see what we listen to against Smash, and we'll organise TV's, specific schedules soon.

We out!

kupo

Smash Lord
Oooooh...I likes the idea of that ^.^.

I have a rough idea of a Smash Tourney during school Holidays. Venue I'm thinking of the place that is at the Youth Group place I attend. I've talked to my group leader and he mention that the venue can be hired possibly for free. It's got a fairly big hall and theres plenty of tables and chairs. Only problem is that we'll need TV's and cubes. Anyhoo, if TV's and cubes are supplied i'll get the venue stuff sorted out and all xD. Also theres a projector, but i'm not entirely sure on how to connect to it with a cube...so...

If all goes well. there'll definitely be an entry fee for both singles and Teams, and also a pot for 1st, 2nd and 3rd...for singles and teams...I hope xD.
Half the money for prizes, the other, towards Ryan airfare.
*robs money* =P

Oh yeah, the place is gonna be at Camberwell. So hopefully its not too far for you peeps xD.

Note: If this goes to plan, the info above will be a tourney to bring ryan over. AND THIS WILL HAPPEN BEFORE SEAT.

If it doesn't go to plan...SEAT can make up for it lolz =P

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Em, that's a great idea, ja - but the school holidays is when SEAT is on, so you'll have to do it in like 2 weeks or somthing, during school season. I'll help you out and stuff, but first I need dates.

Camberwell isn't far... peeps are far, hahaha. But I can't see why we couldn't make some of fund for him during SEAT, cus we're assured around 20 people, so the money should not be for wins or such, just for the host (it costs money to host lol) and the visitor The hall sounds handy though - we need an excuse to use it! XD

RYAN, http://www.virginblue.com.au/bookings/specials/
If you're serious, check the flights board frequently, because prices will generally stay SPIKED, seeing its the Premiership Season you're flying to. A day's difference can mean a return of flight of $420 or $1000+, so it's best to be fast, or check from 12-1pm everyday for specials. Hope you already know this though, heh.

CATS has just pledged his allegiance to SEAT! Woot!! *Showers CATS with praise*

I've updated the status of everyone on my list in the first thread. Hopefully it gives people a clearer idea on the possible turnout.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
**** i hate how laggy Smash Boards are.
I wrote a proper reply but it ****ed itself. and im all pissy about it now

Anyway, since EI2 seems to have disolved im going to make an effort to get to SEAT, ive got cash for plane tickets and enough for shared accom but not enough for accom by myself, so the only thing i need to make it is a place to stay, I realise its pretty **** short notice but i really hadnt even thought about coming in Sept but my SOUL STILL BURNS for smash. oh how it burns.

I'm looking at flying the same days as Sloth (21st-27th) since the plane tickets are cheapest those days and it would be awesome to hang out with you lot.

If there is a place for me to stay it would be aweome if you could let me know asap so i can purchase plane tickets and arrange all that other jazz that comes with up and ****ing off to Melbourne for a week of smash out of the blue (hell yes).

Cheers

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
GRRRRR888888 stuff K'! I'll get back to ja ASAP about accomodation. If the searching goes down to the wire, my place or Mark's place (I think he's got his own place for the moment but I'll ask him) should be no problems for you to crash for the week.

Team Queensland/Pineapple/Bananas/One Nation/etc.. can now happen, loll! Now if only we had a NSW team you guys could start a state of origin series. mmmm.....

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
CAOTIC said:
Now if only we had a NSW team you guys could start a state of origin series. mmmm.....
I thought of that awhile ago but decided not to suggest it since, hate to say it but, QLD would be bent right over, backwards. Like 450 degrees over.

And thanks for the speedy reply, appriciate it.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If anyone can get JM to SEAT, I'll reward them with something cool. Seriously, he's being whiney and touchy about the subject of Smash; just bottom tier attitude.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
Some poo news.
Turns out there's a family friends birthday on the 24th of next month in a different town thats going to be one of those excuse for a mini re-union thing, my hopes of becomming the next up and comming AUS Smash Superstar are crushed. Woe is my.

I'll keep an eye out for the next AUS tourny, if EI2 still happens I may just go there, anyway all this means is I have more time to focus my Head Stomping skills, YEHS indeedy!

But **** that pissed me off. Not that I have to go because I can see that its important, but I only found out when I was pretty much letting my mum know I was headed for Melbourne next month,

CUT, DOWN.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
That sucks K'. If EI2 still happens I'll see you there. :(

Unfortunately, there's only a 50% chance of me coming to SEAT... it's around mid-semester testing time. I'm gonna ask my lecturers and stuff as soon as possible, and see if I can have any tests at a different time, but it's always a complex process.

We'll see.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chance of me coming to SEAT is now 0%. I have a final test for the first half of a unit, plus a transition between units and some rather important lectures and such. If I'm missing the tournament, there's no point going to Melbourne around that time... other than to see you guys =P

So, effectively, you guys should all come to EI2! That way, you can see meeeee!!!

*Double posts for bump*

Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up. At least you can save your monies!

Pandemonium

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm gonna come just so I can get my arse handed to me...

I've been thinking... If you want me to bring a video camera down, I can. But if you can let me know soon it would be better, because if I ask now I might be able to get a good one straight from Sony for free.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I'd like to come also for the same reason as said above. I like to think I'm good, I mean, none of my friends can beat me and they've been playing smash a fair amount, but I'll still probably get destroyed. It'll be fun though, because I've never been to a tournament before.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That's excellent to hear from you guys. forblaze71, you're about to experience high-level smash. Hope you like it. Contact me on caotic_kelvin@hotmail.com and I'll send you the specifics. Pandemonium, bring the cam, jajajaja! haha, thanks mate. I'll be running around recording things for SEAT too, but i'll need more help to get more out of it.

mmm... just came back from, the most AMAZING faculty ball and afterparty. Great music, great girls, awesome vibe. Now to rest my head with some Alcodol for good measure.

I'll see everyone this Saturday for Smash, but remember - NOT AT KNOX.

shadow963

Smash Rookie
I Live In Mt Gambier in South Australia. I have A brother who lives in Balerat who I am visiting on september 20th. I could convince him to drive me there or I could borrow his car to get there.
Melbourne isnt too far away and Im sick of Playing againgst my friends. I want a real challenge.
I probably suck compared to some of you Hard Core Smashers. But It would be a great experience to go to a real Smash Tournument.

I will post again or Email Caotic when I sort my self out. (so unorganised these days -_-' )
Hope to meet some good gamers! ^_-

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That's awesome mate - I'm always open to those who wanna get into high level Smash - expanding our scene, ya? In any case, I hope you peeps get back to me soon. I'll add all the SEAT contestants to my buddy list and send all the fine details very soon via PM, so check your PM's frequently folks.

Side note - We've got 25 SOLID confirmations, which I'm sorry to say, beats @M's turnout. Just to see the difference a date can make to the turnout of a tournament (no Valentines day for you!!

kupo

Smash Lord
I love the list of people coming, whether its TBC or confirmed.

Delicious.

Anyone besides Cao and Mikul want a MM? Don't be shy...=P
Can be a 2v2 MM lol xD

Top Bottom