• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 20, 2014] NWM presents The Pacific Northwest Regional - Apex World... (Des Moines, WA)

The Pacific Northwest Regional, presented by Northwest Majors, will be held on December 20th and 21st 2014 at Highline College. We will be offering a $1,000 pot bonus for melee singles as well as a paid flight to Apex 2015 for the first place winner, courtesy of Twitch. The designated hotel has yet to have been announced, but will be located near the venue, which is a five minute commute from the Seatac Airport.

Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/756910434403070/

We will run a tight schedule, starting at Noon on Saturday and Sunday, going until 10pm on Saturday and done by 6pm on Sunday.

Spectator Fee: Free (No Friendlies)
Registration Fee: $20 + $2 PayPal Fee
(Reg Fee will go to $25 or $30 at some point soon!!)

Register at http://northwestmajors.com/register

Super Smash Bros: Melee 1v1 - APEX WORLD CIRCUIT QUALIFIER (GC) + $15.00
Super Smash Bros: Melee 2v2 (GC) $20.00 PER TEAM + $10.00
Project M 1v1 (Wii) + $10.00
Smash Bros 4 1v1 (WiiU) + $10.00

Ultra Street Fighter 4 1v1 (X360) +$15.00
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 1v1 (X360) +$15.00
Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign 1v1(PS3) +$10.00
Tekken TAG Tournament 2 1v1 (PS3) +$10.00
Injustice: Gods Among Us 1v1 (X360) +$10.00

Rules:

Melee:

Apex Ruleset (https://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/) with the following modifications:
DK64 is not a legal doubles stage.
In case of a stock/% tie in a timeout, the players will play a one-stock match on the same stage.

Project M and Smash 4 Rules to come!

More details to come! Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
A tournament run by GC Guy and endorsed by Gimpyfish, how can it get any better?

I will money match everyone for $5, get at me (Melee only).

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
I will be money matching people, but I'll keep it at 1 dollar until I get confident

GC November and December should be good enough practice

Last edited:

caLviN-1260

Smash Apprentice
NNID
caLviN-1260
I think quite a bit of Norcal was planning on coming already if I'm not mistaken

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'm going to be moving to Rainier Washington very soon and it would be AMAZING to meet people in the scene. Google maps is showing about a 1-hour drive, so it should be pretty doable. I'm sincerely hoping I'll be able to make it! I'll have a more definite answer once all of the excitement of the move settles down a bit, but either way, I hope I get a chance to meet y'alls!

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Norcal talent includes PewPewU, SFAT, Shroomed, etc.
And maybe m2k, just because he shows up to everything, who cares if he's SoCal
Vish, Bladewise, and Silent Wolf provide Washingtonian competition, maybe silent wolf will take first place

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Screw it I'm entering, I wanna see how I do against everyone else since I think i'm kinda decent. But Melee is definitely my priority.
Worse comes to worst, hit me up and we'll hang out for some casuals and mutual consolation. =)

caLviN-1260

Smash Apprentice
NNID
caLviN-1260
Screw it I'm entering, I wanna see how I do against everyone else since I think i'm kinda decent. But Melee is definitely my priority.
dude play Wolf in early rounds. you're just gonna slay people with Fox if you just stick with him like in Melee. Try something new

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Any predictions on if custom moves will be allowed on Smash 4 for this tourney? I kinda want to know how I should be focusing on my practice.

Last edited:

Ashkon Honardoost

Smash Rookie
I think I'm going to try and come out from NorCal for this.

Any word on if a streamer is needed? I help run Showdown Smash maybe we can work something out.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Gotta bring in some Oregon hype to this!
Also, got unfinished business with the Gimpfisher ;^D

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It makes sense as the custom moves you can get are purely RNG at this point and require a ton of grinding.
That's a terrible excuse. It's not hard at all to get the customs you want for your character. With the home buttom manipulation trick, there's no excuse. That's like banning Jigglypuff because she takes a long time to grind. Yes, it's RNG, but it's not difficult at all.

T0MMY

Smash Master
That's a terrible excuse. It's not hard at all to get the customs you want for your character. With the home buttom manipulation trick, there's no excuse. That's like banning Jigglypuff because she takes a long time to grind. Yes, it's RNG, but it's not difficult at all.
I don't think it's that difficult and I don't use the Home button trick. But it's not a terrible excuse considering it's a matter of opinion, if he doesn't like any kind of grinding he can hope for Customization to remain OFF all he wants; again it's just a matter of opinion (not a reasonable argument). Nothing wrong with a little hope now and again ;^)

Now, a reasonable argument would be to have Customization OFF so Equipment is also not allowed since Equipment is linked to Customization and Equipment is still in a questionable phase right now. Not to voice my opinion either way, just stating a fact.

I kind of see Equipment and Customization linked together since there's no option to turn Equipment OFF without turning Customization Off, they're rather synonymous at this point.

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I don't think it's that difficult and I don't use the Home button trick. But it's not a terrible excuse considering it's a matter of opinion, if he doesn't like any kind of grinding he can hope for Customization to remain OFF all he wants; again it's just a matter of opinion (not a reasonable argument). Nothing wrong with a little hope now and again ;^)

Now, a reasonable argument would be to have Customization OFF so Equipment is also not allowed since Equipment is linked to Customization and Equipment is still in a questionable phase right now. Not to voice my opinion either way, just stating a fact.

I kind of see Equipment and Customization linked together since there's no option to turn Equipment OFF without turning Customization Off, they're rather synonymous at this point.
You can tell if someone is using equipment due to a colored icon that appears on their character portrait, though.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm going to try and come out from NorCal for this.

Any word on if a streamer is needed? I help run Showdown Smash maybe we can work something out.
I think Gimpyfish is steaming this, but maybe he needs someone with streaming experience to help. Ask him.

T0MMY

Smash Master
You can tell if someone is using equipment due to a colored icon that appears on their character portrait, though.
Yes, and it's unfortunate that Equipment and Custom Moves are still linked together.
Which is why I just have Customization "OFF" for events unless it's allowing for both the moves and Equipment together in the event.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Yes, and it's unfortunate that Equipment and Custom Moves are still linked together.
Which is why I just have Customization "OFF" for events unless it's allowing for both the moves and Equipment together in the event.
It's pretty easy to just have the competitors give a glance to the character pictures and make sure an icon isn't there, isn't it?

Top Bottom