• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Umebura | First japanese SSB4 3DS Major | 130+ entrants!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The whole thing was played with 2 stocks & single elimination. They did a set for 3rd place between the two losers of the Semifinals. More detailed results and bracket will be posted as soon as available.

Bracket: http://challonge.com/UMEBURA8_Top64

1st Nietono:4greninja:
2nd Abadango:4pacman:
3rd Aile :4duckhunt:
4th Rain :rosalina::4sheik:

5th gain :4littlemac:
5th Yukhoe :4wario2:
5th Choco :4zss:
5th Coral :4bowser:

9th VGBC | aMSa
9th Cookie & Lemon
9th Namata
9th daiki
9th Sodebukuru
9th Papepia
9th KENT
9th Fujita

:059:

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
As far as I can tell the tournament was single elimination, so there was a 2-way tie for 3rd place unless a tie-breaker match was played.

Last edited:

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Wish I could have watched this live. The videos will have to do. Thanks for posting this.

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
There were some really good hype moments this tournament offered, even if the game is only a week and a half old.

My top three favorite moments (From 3 to 1):

1. Nietoro's performance as Greninja was amazing and so fun to watch. The rushdown, the combos, pressure, etc, were cool to watch. Imagine a highly skilled player whose main is greninja? Whoever masters this character will be unstoppable (Similar to Spinal in Killer Instinct (2013)). He even beat duck hunt dog, a character who's already good and a monster at camping.
2. The rosalina and luna match against DHD. It was really close, with some intense moments. Even the jab to Uair combo that happened was amazing. Just shows that these combos are only possible with Rosalina and Luma.
3. Pac-man's potential and combos in competitive play. The fire hydrant (Correct me if I spelled this wrong, which I'm sure I did lol), has really good uses from what I learned.

Last edited:

RestlessBob

Smash Rookie
I want to mention that the tournament was played with 2 stock / 7 minutes (I'm assuming they forgot to turn time on the streaming system), FD/Omega stages only, and Bo3 all throughout the tournament according to the event website.

Top Bottom