• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aug. 16th-17th: Low Tier City 2! PREREG ENDS TONIGHT Sethlon, Mew2King, Westballz, Wobbles, and More

Oracle

Smash Master

Tourneylocator Event

Facebook Event

PRE REGISTRATION PAGE
THIS CLOSES AUGUST 12TH AT MIDNIGHT! ON SITE REGISTRATION IS $40, SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY AN EXTRA $5 FOR NO REASON, PREREGISTER!​

If you plan to bring a setup, then fill out this form! Its super helpful for me to know exactly how many setups to expect! If we use your setup and its on this form, you will get your $5 setup discount on Sunday!

Pool Captain Application
If you're interested in volunteering to captain a pool, then fill out this application! All pool captains will receive $5 for each pool that they lead!! You will only captain a pool while you are not playing, so if you have any interest then there's no reason not to!​

Last summer, tired of having no Texas players able to travel to show our dominance, I decided to host a national to attract players from across the country. My plan worked, getting regions such as Socal, MW, South, and AZ to come out and participate. Unfortunately, fearful that Texas was growing too powerful, the PMBR came to quell the uprising. Fly Amanita, Reflex, and Strong Bad took the top 3, in an effort to stop us on our rise to be the best region in the world.

However, since then, Texas has spend their time training, for it was fated that in one year's time, the PMBR would return to our homeland. Its time for our REVENGE

223 W Las Colinas Blvd,
Irving, TX 75039
This time, instead of cramming 100+ people in a sweaty gamestore, we'll be using the ballroom of the Dallas Marriot. With 4000+ sq feet, there will be a ton of room for games, friendlies, and money matches. In addition, this means the rooms will have a discount rate of $79.99 per night!

How to Book a Hotel Room
Call Marriott Reservations at 1 (800) 228-9290 or (972) 831-0000 on or before Monday, August 11, 2014, (the “CutOff Date”) to make your sleeping room reservations. When you call, identify yourself as part of the Tourney Locator Event group staying at the Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, located at 223 West Las Colinas Boulevard, Irving, TX 75039. You need to have a credit card on file to book the room. This will get you a discounted rate of $79.99/night for Friday and Saturday nights

Events and Pricing:
Online Venue: $35 (Online Registration Closes on August 12th at midnight)
On Site Venue fee: $40 (Please register online if you can!)
Project M Singles: $15
Project M Doubles: $10 per person
Melee Singles: $15
Melee Doubles: $10 per person

Spectator Pass: $10 (Only purchase this if you are NOT entering anything and only are showing up to spectate/play friendlies)
Thats right, this year we will be adding MELEE to the roster. It has been too long since Dallas has had a proper melee national, and I aim to fix that. Also, all registration will be done online (THERE WILL BE NO ON SITE REGISTRATION! YOU MUST PRE REGISTER!)
Click the following link to pre register (You have to sign up for at least one event, but you can add events later. Just send me a message with your confirmation number when you do choose to add an additional event) http://www.tourneylocator.com/prereg

Rulesets
Melee: Apex
PM
PM Ruleset Post:
1. 4 stock, 8 minute matches
2. Stages are struck in a 1-2-1 manner from the 5 starters.
3. After game 1, the winner bans 3 stages, then the loser picks stage, then the winner picks character, then the loser picks character.
4. Starters: 5
Green Hill Zone
Dreamland
Battlefield
Smashville
PS2
Counterpicks: 8
Yoshi's Story
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Skyworld
FD
Lylat
Fountain of Dreams
Distant Planet
5. All sets will be best of 3 until top 8, which will all be best of 5
6. Dave's stupid rule: a player cannot go back to a stage that he has already won on in the set, unless both players agree.
Additional Rules
- Bans CANNOT be changed through the entirety of a set. Also, a player may return to a stage he has previously banned in a set, so long as his opponent does not also ban the stage.
- Gentleman's Clause: Players can agree to any stipulations of a match (random characters, random stage, etc.) with the exception of stipulations which would significantly prolong the time of the match (no more than 4 stocks, no more than 8 minute timer)
- Mike Haze Rule: use of yelling, screaming, or gratuitous noise meant to distract an opponent is grounds for DQ or removal from the venue. If a player does or says anything that offends their opponent, his opponent may report it to the TO who will then handle the dispute.
-
- Dakpo Clause: if the color of a character or team is deemed by the opponent too difficult to see, the player may request them to pick a different color. If the opponent feels this is unreasonable, he may report it to a TO, who will then handle the dispute.
- Don't be that guy- If a player is rude, obscene, or generally unpleasant, the TO reserves the right to disqualify him without refund, or to remove him from the tournament without refund.
- timer clause: if a player feels his opponent is taking too long to deliberate a decision, he may call over a to, who will institute a 30 second clock. This is to be used sparingly: we will take note of everyone who calls the clock, and if you try to abuse this the to may find it grounds for a match loss or a dq. \
- Textures Clause: please don't put textures on the wiis that you bring. Just download the common5.pac and put it on your SD card, replacing the existing common5.pac in \SD Card/projectm/pf/system with the one Lunchables made (Available here). If you want the setup discount, this MUST be on your SD card before the tournament!

Day 0 (Friday)
7:00- Check In Starts
8:00- Lucario Invitational
9:30- TX vs. THE WORLD

Day 1
10:00- Check In Starts
11:00- Melee Doubles Start
11:30- Pm Doubles Start
2:30- Melee Singles Pools Start
3:00- PM Singles Pools Start
7:00- Melee Bracket Starts- Stop at top 16
7:30- PM Bracket Starts- Stop at top 16

Day 2
10:30- Warm up/friendlies
12:30- Both Singles brackets continue to top 8
1:30- Melee Doubles Top 8
3:30- PM Doubles Top 8
5:30- Melee Singles Top 8
7:30 PM Singles Top 8

Pot Bonus: There will be a
total pot bonus of $1000, which will be distributed evenly between the games. Note: the doubles bonuses only apply if there are more than 32 teams, and singles if more than 64 entrants
Payouts:
Singles will pay out to top 8
Doubles will pay out to top 6

Stream will be provided by tourneylocator.com and VGBootcamp!

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
First! I'll be there :p.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't appreciate the opening even if it's in jest, and would be glad if you changed it. But I'll be here.

@ TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I might come, but the large entry/venue fees are a huge turn off.

Oracle

Smash Master
Yeah bigger venue fee means a huge room with hundreds of ppl to play with. It is expensive but you get two full days of a national level tournament.

D

Deleted member

Time to spend $100 dollars on getting wrex'd by Fly and Reflex again.

D

Deleted member

Thank god I stacked up on that DFW money to enter this tourney :p

LOW TIER CITY GOING IN! TOONLINK/ROY/GNW/NESS/ROB GONNA MESS YOU UP

Last edited by a moderator:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well I'm certainly hyped for this

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
Mystery event is gonna be Smash 4, I bet. They're hedging their bets on the release date.
Can't wait, this will probably be the only event I attend all summer.

Rat

Smash Lord
Naw, it'd cost me too much money to fly. $1 megabus sounds more reasonable. (Plus the bus ticket has already been booked!)

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Just posted this thread to every smash bros facebook group I am in. I've been waiting for this tournament to show back up.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Kingpin. MM me. I'm gonna run it back from last year. You CG'd the **** outta my fake TL game 3, but if we don't meet in bracket. I'll be glad to claim that win in a MM.

D

Deleted member

Also yeah TX vs. The world crew battle or something?!? Please??

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Yeah Blink I'll MM you. 3/5 $5 sound good?

Maybe a Texas vs PMBR crew battle? Obviously you guys would get Sethlon. I mean if All of us show up its Rat, Oro, StrongBad, Myself, Hylian, Possibly Reflex, Maybe Fly.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Yo pmbr vs the world? Although with basically all of the midwest, sethlon, possibly reflex and fly it would be a tough fight.

I'm looking in to having like a half day friday afternoon or something to do side events, because I seriously have like a billion things I want to do but im worried that they'll go the path of mario party from the first one :(

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Also yeah TX vs. The world crew battle or something?!? Please??
Yesss TX vs the World would be so hype.

I don't really want to do PMBR vs X. Not a really good concept for a crew battle IMO.

Last edited:

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
Oh man, Memphis bottom tier Luigi and Toon Link reporting in! Prepare for upsets of the epic kind!!! @ Rat Rat Would you be willing to team up again? I actually understand the game better now, lol. JOHNS!!!!

Top Bottom