• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xanadu Legends 1 - an MD/VA Event ft. DP, CT Zero, Chillindude, ChuDat and more

What stages would you like to see in Project M in the future?

• Dracula's Caslte

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Skyloft

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Frigate Orpheon

• Delfino Plaza

• Total voters

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Congratulations to all the winners. This tournament took a little longer than usual due to an all 3 of 5 bracket and the top 4 of PM and Melee being the same 4 people, my apologies. I gained a lot of knowledge from the event.

People who entered singles definitely got their moneys worth and people had a lot of fun playing. There were also ample friendly setups all day so I hope people got to play.

All in all, our tournament completion time was exactly 9 hours. That's Doubles in two games, Singles Round Robins in 2 games, and Singles bracket for 2 games with all 3 of 5 sets. I'd consider that a success for now. Especially considering I ran everything entirely solo.

Curious about what Smash @ Xanadu is or want to stay in touch with the livestreams and group? Make sure you join this facebook group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashAtXanadu/

If you're a local player in region and want to get involved, make sure you check out your local scene groups for MD/VA:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/158212200945875/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/projectmdva/

Results are a little skewed because of the RR being in Tio. I'm not going to include the tio results here (but I will send them to sypher.)

Here are the brackets and a breakdown.

Project M Singles (37 entrants):

S@X Project M Singles Bracket
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Chillindude829
$96.00
2nd
CT Zero
$48.00
3rd
ChuDat
$16.00
4th
DP
5th
JCaesar
5th
2fast
7th
East Coast Eddie
7th
Seagull Joe
9th
ADA
9th
Bstuk
9th
Squeak
9th
JewChainz
13th
Crescent Monkey
13th
White Peach
13th
Updog
13th
Cava

http://challonge.com/sax040514pmsingles

1: Chillindude829
2: CT Zero
3: ChuDat
4: DP
5: 2fast
5: JCaesar
7: Seagull Joe
7: East Coast Eddie
9: JewChainz
9: ADA
9: Squeak
9: Bstuk
13: White Peach
13: Cava
13: Updog
13: Crescent Monkey
17: Nurok
17: Hyperflame
17: VGBC | Aposl
17: Bobz
17: ZM
17: Afronater
17: JustbnGoode
17: SunnyD
25: Zggy
25: Brett
25: StrayDoggywog
25: Nimzo
25: RobFox
25: Zolo
25: Cag
25: Ruin
33: Math
33: 4est
33: Sagero Sirius
33: Pookie

Melee Singles Results (16 entrants):

S@X Melee SIngles Bracket 4/5
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Chillindude829
$48.00
2nd
ChuDat
$24.00
3rd
DP
$8.00
4th
CT Zero
5th
Husband
5th
Bones
7th
Oro
7th
Shinku

http://challonge.com/sax040514meleesingles

1st: Chillindude829
2nd: ChuDat
3rd: DP
4th place: CT Zero
5th place tie: Husband
Bones
7th place tie: Shinku
Oro
9th place tie: BigWenz
ZM
Lock
Cava
13th place tie:
Btree
TK (Not tko)
Kevin

PM Doubles results:

http://challonge.com/sax040514pmdoubles

Supreme Champion:Chilindude + ChuDat
Worthy Adversary:Zero + Seagull Joe
Maybe Next Time:East Coast Eddie + ADA
4th place:JewChainz + Squeak
5th place tie:JCaesar + WhitePeach
Everybody Smacks Yamcha (tc1 + dp)
7th place tie:Updog + Brett
BaconPancakes + SunnyD
9th place tie:Nimzo + Crescent Monkey
Kevin + Cava
Afronater + 4est
Justbngoode + Zolo
13th place:Bobz + Ruin

Melee Doubles Results:

http://challonge.com/sax040514meleedoubles

1: Chillindude + ChuDat
2: Bones + CT Zero
3: tc1 + DP
4: Cava + Kevin

Shoutouts:

Shoutouts to Nurok for housing Zero on Friday on short notice
Shoutouts to MD/VA Project M for coming out in droves for an 8 day notice
Shoutouts to MD/VA Melee for bring out the best competition week after week.
Shoutouts to CT Zero for coming down from Philly. Shoutouts to Robfox and crew for coming down from harrisburg. Hyperflame is a secret boss.
Shoutouts for new stages creating a different dynamic.
Shoutouts to 2fast for being the only person to beat Chillin in PM.

Next Events:

We stream every tuesday and have tourneys for melee and PM, venue opens at 5pm.
Project M Showdown links (May 17th, Project M only regional)
https://www.facebook.com/events/1466720353542566/
http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...project-m-showdown-3-02-halethorpe-md.348638/

Twitter/Stream info (if you have any questions, hit us up):

www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp - VGBootcamp streams smash each week on tuesdays and usually some high caliber tournament somewhere on the weekends, make sure to follow and subscribe
www.youtube.com/videogamebootcamp - Videos uploaded from events (not this one unfortunately)

@ TheTantalus TheTantalus on twitter for any T.O., commentator, player, or other interesting smash stuff.
@VGBC_Gimr on twitter to follow your stream host
@VGBootCamp for info on the stream and videos
@TKBreezy and @ThePhenomenalEE for following the commentators

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
Really enjoyed having pools and 3/5 bracket.

Great sets, Zero. Had a blast teaming with you, and both of our singles sets were fun. Glad you overcame your Falco curse! lol

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
After talking with Boss, he told me how to fight :falco: in PM with :diddy: loool. Now I'm ready for DP...

I think I did pretty good in singles this time. Aiming for top 5 next time once I learn some matchups more in depth.
:018:

Last edited:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Yeah, Bracket 3/5 was awesome, great practice.

Really enjoyed having pools and 3/5 bracket.

Great sets, Zero. Had a blast teaming with you, and both of our singles sets were fun. Glad you overcame your Falco curse! lol
Still lost to Falco that day! Lol. Good stuff man, you're very good. Carried me in some games, we almost had Chillin and Chu in that one game :C, but Chu followed my advice and D-Smashed :c

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Hey Tantalus, how was the schedule for the various events? Four events + pools in only 9 hours is mighty impressive and I'd love to learn how you did it.

Ness_STFU

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to Tantalus, White Peach and Nurok, who all made my first official tournament experience a comfortable, fun one. If you're new to smash (or new to tournaments like me) and you're on the fence about attending, I can confirm that the Xanadu crew is one of the easiest ways to break the seal. They'll make you feel at home. White Peach babied me all the way through the stage banning/selection process, which was much appreciated.

Thanks to CT | Zero for being my first tournament match ever. I hear everyone crashes and burns during their first tournament, but I'm pretty sure I set a new record in that department thanks to Zero.

Yes, I registered in 2004. Yes, it took me 10 years to enter a tournament. No, I haven't been playing the whole time; I took a 9 year break in between. Don't judge.

/threadSaved for posterity.

Last edited:

Robfox

Smash Lord
This was great had a really good time def considering coming down the 3rd and 17th
S/O's!

S/o Tant for having us and hosting good stuff my guy

S/o White Peach for kickin my butt in friendlies lmao

S/o to HyperFlame for some intense matches, Dat Lucas @_@

S/o East Coast Eddie for rockin me in pools and inspiring me to pick up Snake in PM xD

S/o Zggy for Ike lessons, still confused tbh lol

S/o EE for being EE, the third is tempting bro believe me

S/o the falco who also plays with his pointer and thumb on the joystick. Who is this guy, is it DP? Bro, TEACH ME FALCO! It was so difficult to try to learn from someone with a different grip than me

S/o to Mewtwo because he's an underrated character and I wont dissappoint him again

S/0 everyone im missin love the MD/VA scene man you guys def make us want to step our game up and come see you guys more often. Again man Had a great time

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Ness_STFU = Math right? I'm glad you came out and had a good time. I hope you can come back soon or can come out for the weeklies. We really do our best to put on a great show for ALL participants.

Gardex- the schedule was simply staggered, with some advanced prediction on how it run. Knowing PM would be larger, it started it first.
PM Doubles- 12:30 (completed by 2pm)
Melee Doubles- 1:30 (completed by 2:30pm)
PM Singles Pools- 3pm (completed by 5pm)
Melee Singles Pools- 4pm (completed by 5pm, which was a surprise)
PM Singles Bracket- 5pm (completed by 9:30pm)
Melee Singles Bracket- 6pm (a few matches started early, but was completed by 8:30pm)

We had 8-10 (one left really early, and another one mid tourney left) setups for PM that were used for pool play. We had 5 usable gamecubes for setups for melee. We had 37 entrants for PM and 16 for melee, and 8 pools for PM and 4 pools for melee. Setups were not an issue, although a few more could've sped up pools a little, but not much. Basically each pool got a setup, and then when possible would play a 2nd match elsewhere. As the smaller pools finished up I moved people over to the empty setups in the larger pools. I also didn't enter the tournament, which really speeds things up more than people think. I should emphasize I had no helpers assigned for this event, I did all the work solo. It's really not that hard. The biggest problems are people being in losers in both games, that sucks a lot.

Top Bottom