• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO Prologue: Runback Mountain (Melee/PM)

RagingCherry

Suuuuup!
NNID
RagingCherry
CEO Prologue: Runback Mountain
Orlando, FL
Hosted by Alex Jebailey Gaming Knights at UCF

Over the past weekend, Gaming Knights organized the Melee/PM tournaments for CEO Prologue. Melee attracted 105 entrants from all over FL and GA, while PM brought 70 signups. Here are the results/bracket images. A lot of crazy matches took place during the event over the weekend. To name a few, Plup over SS | Colbol in Melee, and Plup over CT | Wizzrobe (Grand Finals, Set 2, Game 5) in Project M.

Melee Top 16:
1: CT | Hungrybox
2: Plup
3: SS | Colbol
4: Blea Gelo
5: White Boy Wasted (Lamb Chops)
5: SS | Soft
7: GK | Pi
7: Pork Chops
9: CT | Wizzrobe
9: GK | Dark Sonic
9: Gahtzu
9: GK | Harriet
13: SS | Flow
13: SS | Nicaboy
13: Sick
13: Articanus

Melee Pool 1

1: CT | Hungrybox
2: White Boy Wasted
3: CT | Wizzrobe
4: Articanus
5: Apollo
5: Austin
7: VG Master
7: JU4N
9: Oaty
9: Kenpachi
9: Zabb
9: Brave
13: Murley
13: CRez
13: VS | zerothetheif
13: Frenzy
17: Onyx
17: GK | Iota
17: GK | RagingCherry
17: BasedNunez
17: Latias
17: KaioKen
17: JBright
17: Mattopia
25: LVL9
25: Lunartic
25: Zed
25: Tyler
25: Frenzy

Melee Pool 2

1: SS | Colbol
2: SS | Gahtzu
3: Pi
4: SS | Flow
5: Jrad
5: GK | AceDudeyeah
7: Billy
7: NobleOfTheSouth
9: MarsFull
9: OP
9: Ron-a-Roni
9: Fizzi
13: GK | Dap
13: Zack
13: brokenyew
13: Bear
17: CaramelCenter
17: Taerk
17: BdP | Mundane
17: Esperanto
17: TeddiBear
17: Pimp$
17: Bill Cosby
17: Snover
25: LANCY
25: Pleb

Pool 3

1: Plup
2: GK | Harriet
3: Pork Chops
4: SS | Nicaboy
5: SS | uuaa
5: Christian (Zoro)
7: Eliott
7: GK | EikelmannRUS
9: ActionB
9: HARMnathan
9: BlueEG
9: Moses
13: kamikazecaddy
13: Prince Carrots
13: Deez
13: Nemyashi
17: DoomChickens
17: Fluid
17: TheMilkMan
17: Upke
17: D21
17: GK | PeachParra
17: Errl
17: GK | Light
25: Nekoyuki
25: Noishe

Pool 4

1: Blea Gelo
2: GK | Dark Sonic
3: SS | Soft
4: Sick
5: Sartron
5: SS | Merck
7: Rula
7: Sub Scorpion
9: Rohins
9: Kuya
9: Fearless
9: Slime
13: Envy
13: GK | Ranchaholic
13: Gringo
13: Polarity
17: Moltov
17: Hi Fox
17: Paz
17: TheWizKidRob
17: Djilon
17: GK | Suicidal Comedy
17: Blast
17: SomeKenny
25: ckpeeks
25: J Falco

PM Top 8:
1. Plup
2. CT | Wizzrobe
3. Nick Riddle
4. Gwabs
5. CT | Hungrybox
5. SS | uuaa
7. Articanus
7. Master Raven

Pool 1

1-4 (Did not play Winners/Losers Finals):plup, Nick Riddle, Gwabs, Articanus
5: Sartron
5: SS Colbol
7: RED
7: CT MVD
9: JRad
9: GK EikelmannRus
9: GK | DarkSonic
9: Lad
13: Drew
13: NobleOfTheSouth
13: Teachable
13: Kamikazecaddy
17: ZeroE-Lopez
17: Errl
17: Mattopia
17: CoffeeBreak
17: Syntax
17: TheWizKidRob
17: Jam
17: NeckBreakerX
25: Envy
25: Nemyashi
25: Lunartic
25: BasedNunez
25: Light
25: VS zerothethief
25: CRez
25: Soul Train
33: HalfShellHero
33: Bear
33: WildCard

Pool 2

1-4 (Did not play Winners/Losers Finals): CT | Hungrybox, CT | Wizzrobe, SS | uuaa, Master Raven
5: Zoro
5: Your Boy Roy(xaltis)
7: Deez
7: DoomChickens
9: Taerk
9: Djilla
9: TBAB
9: Murley
13: Fluid
13: DJ Torres
13: Blake
13: Lord Helix
17: Brokenyew
17: JTWUA
17: Broasty
17: Paz
17: Fezzf
17: SirHope
17: Nekoyuki
17: Pimp$
25: D21
25: Zed
25: Snover
25: PeachParra
25: LANCY
25: Oaty
25: Not A Fiend
25: Bri
33: Nobel
33: Noishe
33: Ali

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Was hype.
Eventually people will actually let me enter as The False Prophet Flareon.
Until then... meh.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
I wonder, what were the entrant numbers for the other games?
Smash was the biggest yet again. Marvel and AE were in the 60's Everything else ranged from 16-40. At the big event in June usually every game has at least 32. AE had 320 last year and Marvel had 256.

iRanch

Smash Cadet
GGs all.

We would've had another P:M setup if my Wii didn't take a ****. It's all better now tho.

Cherry and I will figure out an incentive to make sure we have plenty of setups during the Big Event.
Yes, give me a reason to lug this massive tv around. I almost didn't bring it.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
worst placing at a florida tournament in over 4 years. this game is just getting harder and harder.

ggs to everyone. shoutouts to everyone that came out from out of region, and some especially old school greats making it out like ROHINS, raistlin, apollo, zoro and noishe. i love florida's scene.

also shoutouts to jebailey for the genius idea of having a bar right next to the tournament area. i can't wait for evo! :bee:

Noble_Of_The_South

Smash Rookie
worst placing at a florida tournament in over 4 years. this game is just getting harder and harder.

ggs to everyone. shoutouts to everyone that came out from out of region, and some especially old school greats making it out like ROHINS, raistlin, apollo, zoro and noishe. i love florida's scene.

also shoutouts to jebailey for the genius idea of having a bar right next to the tournament area. i can't wait for evo! :bee:
We're gonna have to power up if we want to make that top 16 bracket free mooney

Lati@s

Smash Rookie
First tournament I've gone to and it was amazing; great weekend. Lots of fun, great to meet new people and learn. Ggs to everyone I played, see you all sometime in the future.
Shoutouts to Jebailey for a great tournament, the Gaming Knights for running the whole deal very well, and Chibo for the hard work with the stream. Shouts to the rest of Gville for getting out there to CEO, esp. JRad. Also big thanks to Ian for housing us.

Also shoutouts to the (un)hype crew battle lol

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
1. Plup - Meta Knight
2. CT | Wizzrobe - Sonic
3. Nick Riddle - Link/Bowser
4. Gwabs - Diddy Kong
5. CT | Hungrybox - Mario
5. SS | uuaa - Fox/Falco
7. Articanus - Mewtwo?
7. Master Raven - Mewtwo

Master Raven

Smash Master
ninja'd by Nick Riddle, but Plup, Hbox and Articanus also used Samus, Olimar and Link respectively.

Last edited:

Awstintacious

Smash Apprentice
PS: Could we get singles top 16 and PM brackets?

CEO 2011 was my first tournament, and although I was a scrub and there were only like 16 people there for smash, it was the start. Now there were over 100 people and that makes me real proud. I didn't get to play everyone, and I didn't even make it out of bracket, but FL is hype and such a different scene, coming back to make top 8 next time. Big thanks to GK and Jebailey and staff for hosting and promoting the events, even though there were issues, you did the best you could and I know every event will be even better.

Shoutouts:
KaioKen- I play samus all the time so I was super prepared, don't let me fair all over ya.
HungryBox- GG, you seemed to go to the spacing I wanted to be at then just outplayed me there. Your punish off stray bairs are crazy. That PM loss was silly.
Mattopia- ggs, that roy was fierce, but GA roys are the best in the world!
Brave- Cool peach, just let me fair the mess out of you and extend my hits beyond the combo, sick combos yourself
Ju4n- Nice falco, those combos hit hard just like the rest of FL, I got teh gimps doe.
Articanus- You played on point vs me then let up vs nicaboy :[ I'm still a little salty that they said it wasn't the win and in match. I'll have to play sami's marth more.
Kuya- Those low tier characters were awesome, falco equally great, glad I got to play you so much. I can make better changes to SD remix and now know those MUs better.
Porkchop- Good friendlies after the tourney, you brought the hype plays. B-throw dair!
RagingCherry- Thanks for housing us, always appreciated and it definitely persuaded me to come.
BleaGelo- Crazy luigi, I knew you were going to throw yourself at me with a WD whenever you could, but you make it work.
Valdosta and south GA in general- Wow you were ****ty, every hotel full except for one full of roaches. Absolutely ridiculous. The publix deli and everything in general was sub-par or sketchy.
Florida roads- You might demand tolls every 5 miles, but damn if it didn't smell really nice and look great.

Next time we'll have a GA vs FL crew battle, we just didn't have anywhere near the full squad.

Top Bottom