• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 2, 2014] Zenith 2014 [Melee|PM|64] - Register Here :... (Brooklyn, NY)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

Zenith is back and we are coming home to NYC.

More information to come but here are the general breakdowns

Date: August 2 - August 3

NYU Game Center will be our venue !

Pre-Register Here:

https://apexseries.wufoo.com/forms/zenith-2014-registration/

Join the Facebook event here!: https://www.facebook.com/events/738508986182538/

Paid-Registrants: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ij1qYQxEZFWw3AHFLTk_tfPwQ8whCS9c12M-lz232lE/edit#gid=0

Remember you have to pre-reg in order to enter this tournament we will NOT be taking at the door registration. If you need assistance please message us.

Zenith 2014 is the 10th Qualifier in the 2014 NESS Circuit. More details at: www.NewEnglandSmash.com/NESS-2014

Updates for the tournament will be at https://twitter.com/apex_series

Official hashtag: #Zenith2014

Venue will be $15 Until July 15.
After that the venue will be $20
Registration will close July 27 12am EST with brackets up July 29

Prices:
Melee 1v1: $15 Per Person
Melee 2v2: $10 Per Person
Project M 1v1: $10 Per Person
Project M 2v2: $10 Per Person
Smash 64: $10 Per Person

Spectators fee: $5 each day of attendance

Payout: (May change dependent on entrants)

Melee Singles
1st: 40%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5% each
7th: 2.5% each

Melee Doubles
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%

PM Singles
1st: 40%
2nd: 20%
5th: 5% each
7th: 2.5% each

PM Doubles
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%

Rulesets for Melee/PM/Smash 64 will be the Apex 2014 Ruleset.

Tournament Format

• Round Robin pools, 2 out of 3 with 8 in each pool, top 4 make it out

• Pool ties are determined in the following order:
    1. Set wins

2. Head to head

3. Game wins
  • All best 3 out of 5 for the following in bracket: Winners Semis, Losers Semis, Losers Quarters, Losers Finals, Winners Finals, Grand Finals
Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cKuSWXAyxrS2Tduc26M5000x_y3_3Xec0Dh9OtZWJ4Q/edit#gid=0

Here are some hotels nearby:

Bowery Grand Hotel
143 Bowery New York, NY, 10002 United States,
1-866-925-4159
1.5 mi to Venue
$93/Night

Union Hotel
611 DeGraw St Brooklyn, NY, 11217
1-866-538-9381
1.5 mi to the venue
$149/Night

Transportation

Map

https://www.google.com/maps/preview?q=1200 2 Metrotech Center 8th Floor Brooklyn, NY 11201&source=newuser-ws

Subway

A C F R train to Jay Street-MetroTech stop in Brooklyn.

Walking Directions From Subway
  • When exiting the subway station, walk towards the “Myrtle Promenade” exit. When coming from Manhattan, this will be the exit closest to the back end of the train.

• After exiting the station, walk straight towards the promenade and continue walking past 1 MetroTech Center. 2 MetroTech Center will be located on the right side.

Driving Directions
Manhattan via the Brooklyn Bridge

• Immediately upon exiting the Brooklyn bridge, turn left onto Tillary Street.

• Continue on Tillary Street and turn right onto Flatbush Avenue.

• Continue on Flatbush Avenue and turn right on Myrtle Avenue into the MetroTech Center.

• Head south on Duffield Street, and make an immediate right turn into MetroTech Roadway which runs underneath 3 MetoTech Center. See map below.

• Parking is available under One and Two MetroTech.

Manhattan via The Manhattan Bridge

• Continue straight off the Manhattan bridge onto Flatbush.

• Turn right on Myrtle Avenue into the MetroTech Center. Parking is available under One and Two MetroTech.

• Head south on Duffield Street, and make an immediate right turn into MetroTech Roadway which runs underneath 3 MetoTech Center. See map below.

• Underground Public Parking is available under One and Two MetroTech Center.
Direction from Penn Station/Amtrak/Path
From New York City (from Penn Station/Amtrak/Path): Find the A,C,E train terminal on the 8th Avenue, and not 7th Avenue side of building. Take “A” train to Downtown/Brooklyn to the Jay Street/Metrotech subway station (NYU-Poly is very close to that stop). It will take 30 min from Penn Station by subway to the “Jay Street/Metrotech” subway stop. Or if in Downtown New York City (6th Avenue), take “F train to Downtown/Brooklyn” to the “Jay Street/Metrotech” subway station At the Jay Street/Metrotech station, find the stairway that says “Myrtle Promenade/Jay Street/Metrotech”. These steps are at the north side of the Jay Street/Metrotech station (come up the steps closest to Manhattan, the back end of train). You are on campus when you come up the steps.

If you have any questions please e-mail Apex.Series@gmail.com

Streams: ClashTournaments + Bifuteki
Sponsors: TBA

TOs

Johnathan Lugo | Alex Strife

Cristin DeSaro | Crismas

Michael Brancato | Nintendude

Dul LeGrande | Dulor

Staff

Will Hsiao | Reno

Dakota Lasky | TheRapture

D'Ron A. Maingrette | D1

Mark Korsak | Chibo

Vin M Ciraco | Sir Rocko

Nico Rodriguez | Ryobeat

Jesse Hertz | HectoHertz

Andre Augustin | Bifuteki

Eric Pm Hercules | Smokey

Last edited:

yahyakun

Smash Cadet
Thanks god its here in nyc. I'm so going!

btw, anyone who is really good at project m can come to my apartment and stay for as long the tournament lasts. I live in midtown Manhattan.

Last edited:

AireX

Smash Rookie

btw, anyone who is really good at project m can come to my apartment and stay for as long the tournament lasts. I live in midtown Manhattan.
I live in Queens. Let me come so I can Loiter.

redongor

Smash Rookie
Will any housing be provided? I'd like to come from Texas, but don't want to pay for a hotel for three nights.

Thrilllho

Smash Rookie
Me and my buddy will be coming out to this for 64 singles and doubles. if anyone can provide housing for us it will be suuuuuuper appreciated. we'll def throw some cash your way, plus we'd love to get some 64 friendlies in. holla at me

GetEmSean

Smash Cadet

want to practice?

SkyPacs

Smash Rookie
I've never been to a Tournament before so I have a few Questions
1.When it says 20 dollars at the door is there like a line or a register i don't understand how that works
2.Is it 15$ each match in melee 1v1 or just to enter tournament?
3.Are u putting Brawl in cause that would be hype
4.even tho its unlikely for me to win how does Tournament setup work and prizes?

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
I've never been to a Tournament before so I have a few Questions
1.When it says 20 dollars at the door is there like a line or a register i don't understand how that works
2.Is it 15$ each match in melee 1v1 or just to enter tournament?
3.Are u putting Brawl in cause that would be hype
4.even tho its unlikely for me to win how does Tournament setup work and prizes?
1. It says $15 online and $20 at door. This means if you pay online you pay only $15 as opposed to showing up in person and paying then, which is $20.
2. It's only an entry fee.
3. It says "There is a possibility Brawl will be at the event, more news to come". Please read carefully.
4. Can't answer this one for you.

There's a possibility I could be wrong about any of these things, but that's just how I read and understood them.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
While we set up the reg here is a hotel you guys can go stay at !

Comfort Inn
279 Butler St Brooklyn, NY, 11217
855-239-9246

Just call and reserve!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
As a heads up online pre-reg is the ONLY way you will be able to enter any smash events.

rikochet

Smash Cadet
As a heads up online pre-reg is the ONLY way you will be able to enter any smash events.
Oh well that sucks. For the NYC players like my freinds and I who can't pre register online can we just pay venue to watch and play friendlies then

papaflex

Smash Rookie
So I would pay 35 dollars to play in the tournament, because the Venue Fee and the Melee 1v1 price, correct?

Ben Zed

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BENZ#0
So I would pay 35 dollars to play in the tournament, because the Venue Fee and the Melee 1v1 price, correct?
That would be true if you were able to pay at the door like it says in the description. Unfortunately, there has been a change in that, apparently, the tournament will be online pre registration only. But that's actually better, because that means that it would only cost $30 enter. I posted above the link to the facebook page for the event, where you should be able to find more up to date information.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'll be updating soon we finsihed the site. Takes a while to do when you are on your own and work full time >_<.

Also it is very easy to sign up online if you have any type of card or paypal.

schedule is being discussed because we are debating round robin vs bracket pools for an event of this size.

Last edited:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Ok guys registration is now live for Zenith 2014. Please take a gander and register ASAP. We are only doing online reg so please get on this and we can get things going with brackets. Now here are some things you need to know.

Venue will be $15 Until July 15. After that the venue will be $20

Registration will close July 25 with brackets up July 28.

If you have any questions or issues with registration please contact Apex.Series@gmail.com and we will answer it!

Go here for registration.

https://apexseries.wufoo.com/forms/zenith-2014-registration/

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i made this post over in the 64 section and i'm just gonna link it here because this is the listings thread and most people in the 64 section only read the 64 section, so any questions/concerns people have will most likely not be seen for a while

JUCE001

Smash Rookie
Is there a special deal at the hotel since there will be an event? Or are you just suggesting a place to stay?

Are friendlies going to be available in case we don't want to partake in the tournament?

infomon

Smash Scientist
wait.... metrotech center? oh, that's like, next door to my apt!! w00p. Guess I can't not go :)

haven't played these games in years, but meh! I'll dust off the ol' controller..... if bawrl then happy happy :)

Sourpatch

Smash Cadet
Also @ Alex Strife Alex Strife the OP says that the venue fee will be raised but when i registered just now the site only charged me $10 bucks to enter. So when i get there ill only have to pay $15 for venue fee right ?

Top Bottom