• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR 3 - Sponsored by MLG! - Melee/ProjectM/Brawl - Round... (Somerset, NJ)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

322 Franklin Blvd
Somerset NJ 08973

From New York City
From MD/VA
From MA/NE
From Philly PA

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Ry7m5sHZ3Kzjs_fsKKYuXS991iiiLKe0SEEQ3IEzJY/edit#gid=0

All Registration will be done online
Venue fee = $35
Singles = $10
Doubles = $10 per person ($20 per team)
Side Event = ?
$3 dollars off venue fee for bringing a TV!!
$2 dollars off venue fee for bringing a WII!!

The epic food from XSmash will also be sold here! Get ready for Cheeseburgers, Chicken Sandwiches, and KEITARO FRIES!!

1st: 45%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
7th: 2.5

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%

Updated Soon!

Updated Soon!

Armada, Professor Pro, 9B :D​

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
****ing New Jersey... man...

Also, is this the same venue as SKTAR 2?
If so, I need to secure a ride to get actual edible food.

Last edited:

*CT*

Smash Lord
Its a bit far out but I'll see who all I can bring from NC and if I can even go.

EDIT: Coming Sept 2014, there's a high chance I'll be moving up to NJ for a year for work....just random facts.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Intriguing. I see that the place is in Somerset....Will R-U Hungry deliver to the venue?

DrMcNugget

Smash Apprentice
Yo special international guest? japanese player maybe? Melee? such hype

edit: is the guest a brawl player?

Last edited:

Keitaro

@ Old Man Grey: Yes they deliver!
Nooooooo! The weekend of finals!
Wow wtf at your school lol. I thought this date would be far beyond finals for most people. I know NJ has finals around the 12th of May and NY has them around the 19th.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Looking for a teammate for this, I play stock tank support (since I changed my name and no one knows who I am, I teamed with Chris Fisch at apex and we got 17th or 25th I don't know which)

D

Deleted member

@ Old Man Grey: Yes they deliver!
Wow wtf at your school lol. I thought this date would be far beyond finals for most people. I know NJ has finals around the 12th of May and NY has them around the 19th.
My finals are that friday, and graduation is that tuesday. I am going to try to take them early and come back on the monday. Hope this works out...lol

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman

Updated Soon!

Yes, there is still hope that this will not have the 3-stage Japanese ruleset.

Last edited:

Keitaro

^ Lol never.
@ Keitaro Keitaro are you sure this venue can fit the Melee crowd as well?
Therer are a LOT of them.
I'm positive. This venue was able to fit 160 people easily for the last SKTAR and can fit more than twice as much. Honestly half the venue and tables aren't even used for any of my events. Most of the venue is empty space even at the last SKTAR lol.

This room alone is actually 1000+ square feet bigger than the main room of Apex 2013. Yeah Apex 2013's main room was often crowded, but it was still able to fit 600+ people per day and this room is bigger. I don't think we'll have any issues like that though.

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
^ Lol never.
I'm positive. This venue was able to fit 160 people easily for the last SKTAR and can fit more than twice as much. Honestly half the venue and tables aren't even used for any of my events. Most of the venue is empty space even at the last SKTAR lol.

This room alone is actually 1000+ square feet bigger than the main room of Apex 2013. Yeah Apex 2013's main room was often crowded, but it was still able to fit 600+ people per day and this room is bigger. I don't think we'll have any issues like that though.
Okay.
Just make sure to clear a path.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm my grand parents live about an hour away in Englewood...how much is a flight gonna run me from Columbus? D:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'll look into this after Shuffle.

So many great tourneys going on this summer x_x....

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
*looks into buying plane ticket*

*sees round robin pools*

*cancels plans*

Keitaro

^ Lol you're probably the only person I know that is that much against Round Robin pools compared to most others that are the opposite :p

Keitaro

Texas and Canada are coming in full force as it seems. Leon is also already confirmed and some interest from Europe has shown up. Hax will also be here.

When others confirm I'll post again :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You're a good TO so I'm sure it will be a great event. But even though I really want to see my smash peoples again, I don't feel like blowing a few hundred for a tourney I wouldn't even enter :laugh:

Keitaro

^ Lol I understand dude. Maybe you'll consider entering Smash 4 tournaments when the game comes out?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If they aren't round robin, I'll definitely enter smash 4 tourneys. Or round robin where I don't have to fly there, or there are other games to enter like AE

Yuno

Smash Rookie
Any info on a spectator/friendlies fee? Like at Apex. Made it much more affordable for people like me + friends who know we wont get out of pools but want experience and top 8 hype

Keitaro

Any info on a spectator/friendlies fee? Like at Apex. Made it much more affordable for people like me + friends who know we wont get out of pools but want experience and top 8 hype
Yup. The spectator fee will be $10 for the whole weekend.

Keitaro

Online Registration is now available here! Online registration is mandatory! So be one of the first 25 people to get the Early Bird Falco Registration of $25 bucks! After that venue price will raise to approximately 1 million ($35) http://www.sktar.com/registration

1 trailer and 2 promo trailers are in the works. Expect one to be out within a week!

Lights

Smash Apprentice
Need dubs partner, I'm really good in dubs :)Brawl; Mk, Zss, Olimar
P:M; Pit, Peach. (My Pit does really good in dubs, I'm a backup/stock tank)

EZVega

Smash Cadet
NNID
EZVega
3DS FC
4339-2521-0738
I'll need housing unless I just decide to sleep in my friend's car. Housing options would be nice though lol

Top Bottom