• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y-Town Throwdown I - Results and Shoutouts

Freky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frekydelic

First of all, before I get to the specific shoutouts, I want to thank every single person that came to this event. I know it got a little hectic at the end there, but we were able to get it all done, and seriously, who doesn't want to have their events end at a bar? :p

So, a couple of shout-outs before we get to the results:

Pat/KittyMW/Jwnz/Get Low/Sykes/Everyone else: Thank you guys. I seriously doubt I would've gotten this event done without you and all of your help was greatly, greatly appreciated. You guys really saved this event and I couldn't be anymore grateful.

Sweet: For taking the reigns of PM at the last minute and getting it done. Dude was a lifesaver.

Everybody else who came out: All of you are the homies.

I don't know when I'll do another one, probably not for a while, but I'm thinking about it in the back of my mind. Love yall.

Now to the results:

Melee Singles (119 entrants)

Y-Town Throwdown I Melee Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Mango
$240.00
2nd
Abate
$96.00
3rd
4%
$67.20
4th
JesiahTEG
$43.20
5th
Drephen
$16.80
5th
Hanky Panky
$16.80
7th
Gravy
7th
SS Nicaboy
9th
tm
9th
Vanz
9th
X :)
9th
Taki
13th
PGH Carroll
13th
Green Ranger
13th
S1
13th
SS S0ft
17th
Slarti
17th
Get Low
17th
Beegs
17th
Pyro
17th
Dempt
17th
Paradigm
17th
PBnJ
17th
Lightning Phoenix
25th
1der
25th
Minnty
25th
Anub
25th
Pat
25th
KittyMW
25th
soap
25th
Sweet
25th
Inty
33rd
Gunpunch
33rd
Soma Ghost
33rd
Nips
33rd
Ramen
33rd
ShroudedOne
33rd
Rage
33rd
God Voice
33rd
CJLoZ
33rd
Venance
33rd
Jbro
33rd
Yardo
33rd
Booker
33rd
Beanwolf
33rd
Etwas
33rd
Tompkins
33rd
Nitro Glycerin

And a tribute to those who drowned in pools:
Aaron
Abe
Absolute Terror
andrew
Apop
AT007
Baby Jake
BAPS
Biological Nun
Boogod
Brad
Branhawk775
Buie
Chaaa
CoffeeMug
D3PO
Derf
Ders
DingDong
DLX
Doc G
dog guy
Doug J
DOX
Drops
Dski
Dave the Bowser Guy
Final Waffle
Finnz7
Fooly Cooly
Foy
FrekyMW
Friendly Neighborhood Bowser
FSM
FSmash Tony
Garzal
Hachurui
Hanjieballz
Harry
Hazytrip
Hellen Keller
Honeybunness64
J. Leishman
Jack
Jada
Jesus+1
Kami
Kanye Rest
Kofi
Loam
Matt McChicken
Mdel
Moe
Mordicon
Mr. Magik
Nero
Ninja Waffles
Out of phase
Petafactor
SciFi Mike
solanki
STFU Navi
Stork
SWAG
TeamFSmash2013
Thrillho
Westdawg_97
Woodshed
YardiHardi
Yugo
Zero

Official Pool Results:

Pool 1:
Pool 2:
Pool 3:
Pool 4:
Pool 5 (incomplete):
Pool 6:
Pool 7:
Pool 8 (incomplete):
Pool 9 (incomplete):
Pool 10:
Pool 11 (incomplete):
Pool 12:

Melee Doubles (36 teams)

Bracket:
1: Mango/Abate ($355.00)
2: Hanky Panky/Drephen ($178.00)
3: SS S0ft/SS nicaboy ($106.00)
4: Vanz/Sweet ($71.00)
5: Watch Our Mom Shower (S1/Carroll)
5: 4%/X :)
7: SS | We da best (PBNJ / Taki)
7: KittyMW/Pat

9: Jesiah/Gravy
9: Etwas/CL
9: Nips/Minnty
9: Pyro/Anub
13: Lightning Phoenix/Dempt
13: Green Ranger/Jbro
13: Mordicon/Beanwolf
13: Get Low/Jwnz
17: soap and kanyerest
17: Inty/RTF
17: DLX/Zero
17: Slarti/Fsmash Tony
17: MDEL/Nero
17: Ireland
17: out of phase/andrew
17: Team Samus
25: Venance/Yardo
25: HoneyBunness64/Geen
25: Jynz/Brad
25: Emo is a gang
25: Ramen/Abe
25: Dski/Mr Magik
25: Baby Jake/TeamFsmash2013
25: Beegs/Rage
33: YardiHardi/Yugo
33: tiff and tuff
33: Hachurui/dingdong
33: Paradigm/Booker

PM results a couple posts down (SO to sweet)

Last edited:

/Jwnz\

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts:
Matt (getlow); Best teamate ever.
Team samus for the greatest doubles set I've ever had.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
The first time I can say that my results almost undersell how well I was doing at this tournament. But obviously, not well enough. Had a ton of fun, though. Will do shoutouts pretty soon.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
P:M Results.

1: Mango/VaNz (split due to time constraints)
3: 1der
4: Nicaboy
5: 4%
5: Drephen (Left early; forfeit)
7: Sweet
7: Hanky Panky (Left early; forfeit)
9: Jesus + 1
9: ShroudedOne
9: Jesiah
9: Mundo
13: DLX
13: NightroGlycerin
13: Finnz7
13: NAVI
17: Time Smash
17: JESUS
17: Empty Sky
17: Slinky
17: Gelton
17: Honeybunness64
17: Doug J
17: PooGod
25: OreoKirby
25: Woodshed
25: Zero
25: Jynx
25: Garzal
25: Friendly Neighborhood Bowser
25: Mr. M
25: Nerf
33: Jack

Bracket image should be attached to this post.

Attachments

Last edited:

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Shout outs I n ****:
To the 3 Marths, a Peach, a Bowser, a Falcon, a Fox, and a Falco in my pool: stop losing to Roy.
To Abate: Luigi stuff.
I played a lot of people so whatever.
Ohio is free.

TeamFsmash2013

Smash Rookie
Yo, had a super fun time and met a lot of dope homies!

Baby Jake: Dude, don't worry about it. Someday our Marths will take over the world :3 Sorry about destroying your Falco in teams out of animal instinct <3

Shane / Carroll / Sweet: #1 smash dad / based god / sick homie

Smash Studio: It was a fun weekend! Thanks for being good car buddies! Sorry you had to take each other out in bracket :[

Abate: YOU KILLED IT. Had a wet dream about that double misfire to win game 3 of GF

Mango: Congrats, as always! Also, I miss the beard :[

Dempt: Glad you made it! I need to play with you more, senpai.

Coffeemug: WE GOTTA HANG/PLAY MORE

F-smash Tony: So happy to meet another follower of the faith. Keep on tippin'~

Absolute Terror: Evangelion love <3

The Roy in my pool: DUDE you're dope; keep being sick at Roy!

The Bowser in my pool: One of the most fun matches I've had in a while!

That girl with the blue-ish hair: cutest girl ever?

Ben: You did great for your first tourney ever! Thanks for making it a reality.

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
1: Mango ($506) - love you, but you're going to play me in friendlies at some tournament lmao.
2: Abate ($253) - great to see you again, it's been awhile!
3: 4% ($190) - always great to see you dave!
4: JesiahTEG ($126) - dude it was awesome to see you come out to this! Impressed that you still were able to place so well.
5: Drephen ($64) - Great to see you come out to something!
5: Hanky Panky ($64) - Always a pleasure to see you at things.
9: Vanz - I love you jaden, it was awesome to see you again
9: tm - Sawyer what the ****? Good ****.
9: Taki - enh, still bad.
9: X :) - <3 you're one of my favorite people.
13: Green Ranger - It was so great to see you again, great set in pools!
13: PGH Carroll - nice job babe
13: SS S0ft - glad you guys came all the way out here
17: Beegs - Beeeeeegs <3
17: Get Low - lil' matt <3
17: Dempt - mad we didn't play at this matt. it was good to see you again.
17: Paradigm - dude I love you. Hope to see you again soon
25: 1der - awesome to see you again, really happy that you live really close to me, we need to play soon.
25: Pat - Thanks for taking over this thing, I really appreciate how well you handled the mess. <3
25: KittyMW - Chris you're the best <3
25: Minnty - It was great getting to hang out with you! Hope to see you again soon!
33: ShroudedOne - Jaiye! I missed you man!
33: CJLoZ - Lmao nice job surprising me in pools. Wouldn't have thrown sets away if I knew you were going to be in there.
33: God Voice - good **** in pools. Samus dittos are too fun. You were a pretty chill guy!
33: Gunpunch - dude you're so awesome, hope to see you at more stuff soon. Try not to get frustrated, you're getting a lot better.
33: Jbro - Davey! I'm surprised we didn't hang out more at this, but it was great to see you again!
33: Booker - Dude thanks a bunch for coming out to this! Hopefully I'll get to see you at shuffle! sorry we didn't get a chance to play.

jacobpilawa

Smash Cadet
Yo', guys, this was seriously so much fun!

Shoutouts:

Mango: The homie. Congrats again dude. Nice talking to you.
Abate: You were to scared to play my Luigi, dude. But for real, congrats and I can't wait to see you again!
Alex: LITERALLY THE HOMIE. Thanks for the ride and I'm sure I'll see you again soon. :^) Congrats!
Ders: DERS YOU'RE HORRIBLE. It was really cool to play with you so much! I hope to see you soon!
Dempt: HAH. EASY. Just kidding. Thanks for helping me dude. :^) I'll see you soon.
Tonya: Sit on my face???
Carroll: CARROLL OMG. Congrats on your tournament and thanks for introducing me to the greatness of Taco Bell.
Coffeemug: The bomb dude. Nice to see you again.
Carmen: I've improved, haven't I? Your Sheik is sick, nevertheless.
Derf: NEXT TIME WE PLAY, I WILL DESTROY YOUR IC'S. I'M TALKING 4-STOCK! It was nice to see you again bud :)
Sweet: I wish we could've played some! Congrats on a successful PM tourney anyway! :D
Shane: Dad I love you it was nice meeting you. Ily dad.
Smash Studios Guys: Thanks a lot for playing guys! If you come back to Ohio talk to me again! :D
Ben: Awesome tourney dude.

ANYONE I FORGOT/EVERYONE ELSE: I LOVE YOU AND I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL NEXT TIME.

I can't wait for the next tourney. :^)

gravy

Smash Ace
I enjoy shoutouts.

Alright soooo I'm going to shout out Barps and Carroll and Inty for some hype commentary during my pools and matches with vanz/4%

Green Ranger; you're a beast, I'm sorry it had to happen like that :/

1der, running into eachother in pools and bracket is kind of rough, but you're definitely legit! Keep up the good work

Hanky.... You're too much trouble dude. Having you as my first bracket match was messed up. I should have taken you to pokemon stadium instead of FD.

Tm, dude you really are mad legit, I'm sorry that I randomly destroy ganondorfs. Gotta hold that wizard down.

4% Hype ass ****ing match. I should have killed you instead of allowing you to kill me. Next time :D

Shoutouts to the TOs for running a nice tournament, but reverse shoutouts for seeding me crappily in pools and in teams bracket.

Stream, I heard you were hyping me up, I ****in like it

Vanz, GGs, sorry I'm a jerk I was just happy to get an upset :D

Abate, you're confusing.

Shoutouts to all the ohio people who came up to me and said a bunch of positive things after my match with 4%, you guys are hella legit, makes it super fun to play with you guys.

If I forgot anyone I'm going to employ some tired johns, but I had a fun time playing with everyone!

OH YAH KANYEREST. Yo as a falcon, I literally need people to stand behind me and hype me. You made my day.

Last edited:

jbro

Smash Ace
shoutouts to everyone except for whoever was 5 feet behind me yelling "DREPHEN HEY DREPHEN HEY DREPHEN DID YOU WIN WE HAVE TO PLAY DREPHEN HEY DREPHEN" while I was trying to tell him he's the man and one of my inspirations to pick up Sheik after our match.

****ing **********.

EVERYONE ELSE IS COOL GOOD TOURNEY (minus hearing Sweet scream at everyone on the mic every 2 seconds).

Good ****, everyone. 2014 is the year of jbro, I keep getting better and you all stay the same amount of bad.

EDIT: but seriously, you guys are some of my best friends. thank you for giving me a reason to get out of the house on the weekends. infinite love. <3

Last edited:

mr.magik

Smash Cadet
ShoutOuts:
Mango: it was too fun watching you play in real life and watch you knock out my friend with out trying
Abate: Thank you so much for the advice and the friendly and just sitting and chatting it up with me. you really made that trip something special for me ( sidenote sorry for geeking out at you when i saw you on the street) PS good luck working on that trick you showed me!
derf: nice to meet you dude. nice to know you and sawyer live around me.i would love to practice with you soon
GreenRanger: it was actually too fun facing you. your DK is crazy good and it was the most entertaining getting rekt by you. hopefully i will play against you again real soon
Jesiah: dude, watching your marth game was sick. the play style seems so confident it was fun to watch. hopefully i can get better and really money match you for real haha
Fooly Cooly: Justin, i cant wait to see you in Columbus in a coule of weeks. i appreciate you and iron waffle chilling with me and making me feel apart of the community. i can't wait to hang out more man. ( the kitchen magician. hahahah i love that name better than mr.magik)
Jada: dude you got some skills, plus you are so young which i would have never guess. if there is every another tournament between us we will both have to attend again you were real chill man.
etwas/cl : thanks for showing me and my friend dre-ski the ropes on how matches work with counter picks, bans and all that jazz. i appreciate it. hopefully me and dre-ski will step our doubles game up and have a rematch.
Gravy: dude it was great to meet you. my friend dre-ski was talking non stop about you and how you played. he has been thinking about trying falcon so i know he will be watching videos of your game play.
freak: thanks for hosting man. i know it got crazy at the end with the time constraint but thanks for you patience bro.
kittyMW: awesome to meet you and i appreciate you helping with the tourny. it was awesome chatting it up with you and sorry you had to get up at 8 to work today. ugh! anyway i hope we meet up atleast one more time before you are off to bigger and better things.
D3PO/dogguy you two were funny as hell and great to be around. i hate that i only really got to talk to you two near the end at the bar but it will have to do untill you guys make it back to ohio or i take my ass down to west virgina. hahah either way keep in touch guys. it was fun.
PBnJ thanks for the controller man. it took a while for me to get used to but it already feels better than my previous one. till next time

knowing me i forgot some people. if i did, sorry. just know the trip was a blast you all made it that way for me so thank you. thank you all for making a first timer feel so welcomed into the community.

till next time

4% APR

Smash Champion
I enjoy shoutouts.

Alright soooo I'm going to shout out Barps and Carroll and Inty for some hype commentary during my pools and matches with vanz/4%

Green Ranger; you're a beast, I'm sorry it had to happen like that :/

1der, running into eachother in pools and bracket is kind of rough, but you're definitely legit! Keep up the good work

Hanky.... You're too much trouble dude. Having you as my first bracket match was messed up. I should have taken you to pokemon stadium instead of FD.

Tm, dude you really are mad legit, I'm sorry that I randomly destroy ganondorfs. Gotta hold that wizard down.

4% Hype *** ****ing match. I should have killed you instead of allowing you to kill me. Next time :D

Shoutouts to the TOs for running a nice tournament, but reverse shoutouts for seeding me crappily in pools and in teams bracket.

Stream, I heard you were hyping me up, I ****in like it

Vanz, GGs, sorry I'm a jerk I was just happy to get an upset :D

Abate, you're confusing.

Shoutouts to all the ohio people who came up to me and said a bunch of positive things after my match with 4%, you guys are hella legit, makes it super fun to play with you guys.

If I forgot anyone I'm going to employ some tired johns, but I had a fun time playing with everyone!

OH YAH KANYEREST. Yo as a falcon, I literally need people to stand behind me and hype me. You made my day.

You're good as hell dude Im looking forward to the rematch

Shoutouts to all my boys in my corner during the matches against NY, special shoutout to my dude Taki, you kept me in that match <3

Last edited:

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
Gotta make it out next time.

The car johns are to real.

Last edited:

jbro

Smash Ace
all you dudes who didn't make it out of pools, don't get discouraged. there was a lot of talent at this tourney.

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
This was amazing and I loved it. Shout outs to people who came with me like Jesai and Gravy and Nitro Pyro and Inty! It was great to meet people like DLX JTM and J+1, and shout out to sweet for being super patient

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
Drephen: Thanks so much for driving all of us out to Youngstown. Awesome job in teams. Aside from having no idea what to do off grabs, it was really fun running through doubles with you.

Gravy: It was pretty hype to see you again after BH3. I'm glad we got a good half hour of friendlies in between pools and our bracket match. The falcon matchup is weird when you can't get d-smash to hit at all. FWIW, I think PS > FD too since, well, chain grabs, but the games were very close regardless. Nice job getting 7th, and I really want to play you more at Shuffle.

S0ft: Really wish I got to play more (i.e any) friendlies with you. Sorry I kept asking you to repeat what you said - the venue was very loud and you were talking a little s0ftly.

tm: Wow. I'm starting to think you hustled me a little, haha. For a person who started our pools match asking for any critique I had to give -- and then nearly beat me on your counterpick -- getting 9th is awesome. Carroll's solid; nice job.

Carroll: Sub-5 luigi on your first try? Get out of here. You always make these events more fun so it was great to see you again after BH3.

GR / Taki: Didn't see you guys at all besides saying hello at the venue. =(

Mango: It was cool playing you and Abate in teams. Can't believe we took a game each set. Like always, congrats on your success in all events and good luck with life.

Abate: We need to do friendlies sometime. The last time we did 1v1s was at Carollfest 3 and that was like a year and a half ago. I want some Luigi action. Congrats on your results.

Nicaboy: Never heard of you before this tournament but your sheik's a beast in singles. Glad I studied the matchup a little before the tournament or else I would have probably lost. Keep it up.

Vanz: I want to play your Peach / Sheik more in friendlies; not sure if you're going to Shuffle or not. That was a fun set we played in winners. Your needles are on point.

s1: Your fox is solid and it was cool to finally get a few games against you. If you could just stay more patient after taking a hit when dancing around on the platforms, I think you would be really difficult to play against.

Dempt: wtf since when did you have a fox? It threw me by surprise. Sucks that you suicided twice in our games; hoping to see you at Shuffle.

Sweet: Good seeing you again too, man. Nice job running PM, although it's a shame that it went over. Drephen wanted to get on the road before the weather got really awful so we had to bail before it ended.

Jesiah: Your marth scares me. Just get out of my head. I want to apologize for pausing during our match -- the TO was trying to get my attention for whatever reason during a tourney match and I wasn't sure what exactly was going on.

Kitty: We're gonna get that money match sooner or later. I just have to stop playing friendlies.

Paradigm: Hey, you beat some decent people. Living up to standards. Hack your arm cannon next time. You should have beaten s1 so I could have beaten you in tourney for like the 4th time in a row.

Booker: Nice to meet you and nice job getting to bracket. I'll have to watch your MST runs when you stream.

Gunpunch: haha you lost to shroudedone oh my god

Shroudedone: Didn't get to see you play much but what I saw looked pretty decent. Good job making it to bracket.

Corkus: Congrats on finally hitting plat iii. You are a true inspiration and I know you can take it to diamond.

Abu?: Good luck on your midterms. We're getting first in Shuffle teams.

Everyone with 3DSes: holy **** there were so many people, look at all these streetpasses

Last edited:

DTR

Smash Journeyman
hey guus this is pat. I want to thank all of you for traveling out to this. sorry about it being poorly run. ive never ran a tourney before so when 120 people showed up I was in a bit over my head. I was really pressed for time so I made pools really fast without knowing how good some people were so sorry to everyone I screwed in pools. I had no idea that people like pyro, gravy, inty, tm, etc. were any good so some pools were a bit stacked. TOing is hard. other than that I did what I could to make things work.

TO Shoutouts:
kittyMW: thank you for using the mic for me. I dont like microphones.
carroll: thanks for making the bracket. I just couldnt handle doing everything by myself anymore.
sarah: thanks for making the pool sheets for me and getting me chocolate milk in my moment of need.
sweet: thanks for picking up the mess that was PM and getting it done. im sorry that you had to deal with it. I never wanted it to be included for now obvious reasons.

Player Shoutouts:
1: Mango ($506) - good **** winning as usual. im glad you ranked this as just a below good tourney instead of a terrible one
2: Abate ($253) - you are so good and im jealous. and tied for 1st place with X in the looks department
3: 4% ($190) - holy **** son. stop being so good. youre my hero
7: Gravy ($32) - sorry about pools. friendlies were fun though. you would **** peach if you started grabbing more. I think in our like 7 friendlies you probably killed me with dthrow knee like 3 times lol
7: SS Nicaboy ($32) - your sheik is scary man. I didnt know what to do
9: X :) - stay beautiful <3
13: Green Ranger - we didnt get to play besides doubles :(
13: PGH Carroll - youre lucky I was stressed out. would have wrecked you ;) haha just kidding. your fox is getting solid dude. you know how to ride momentum
13: S1 - lasers are gay <3
17: Beegs - youre better than I am bro. good job representing f-land
17: Slarti - lolwtf who let slarti get 17th?
17: Get Low - best peach in youngstown. told you that you had to enter singles
17: Lightning Phoenix - clearly sandbagging. best player ever
17: Dempt - youre bad and shouldnt be proud of yourself <3
25: Pat - you are bad
25: KittyMW - see above
25: Minnty - we need to chill sometime dude. you and canal fulton are the coolest people
33: Rage - good job making bracket <3
33: God Voice - im so glad you made it here dude. had to represent youngstown
33: Nips - sorry about the pools ****. I knew you were my bro so I picked you to be switched
33: Beanwolf - you were soooo right about what you told ben. also your sheik is looking real solid for 3 weeks

max: sorry for putting you in a hard pool :(
coffeemug <3: I love you bro. thanks for the support
baby jake: since you complimented my hat/coat and told me I looked hot I think youre cool now.
everyone else: thanks for coming to crappy youngstown for a crappy tournament. I did what I could.

Other Shoutouts:
loud feedback noise: PZZTBBBBSHHHHBTTPH
chocolate milk: couldnt have done it without you

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Mango - losing to you was everything I had hoped it would be.
4% - Man I haven't seen you in *years*, it was great seeing you again. Really sad we never got the chance to talk or smash. If you're coming to Shffl you're not leaving without us getting friendlies in, I hope you know that.
Drephen - Thanks again for the ride. You're still as great as ever. I like how you realized you do way to many moves in Melee and are cutting it down in PM. Your Ness is hilarious.
Hanky Panky - First you couldn't beat three Sami, then two Sami - this clearly extrapolates to mean every Samus at Shffl will beat you. QED. No hard feelings you had a good run.
Vanz - I really like your style in Fox vs Samus.
S1 - If I have to go out to someone who isn't Hanky, at least it was to someone harnessing the power of the most amazing controller I have ever seen.
Dempt - Back at you, man.
1der - You may look all innocent and place 25th but I know you've got it in you to place way higher. Just make sure you're always on the opposite side of the bracket when you do, like this tourney :)
soap - Oh man good to see you again. Much more fun teaming with you than against you, it seems. Glad to see you're doing well.
KittyMW - I think we have a mutual friend who was talking quite a bit about you when I mentioned I played smash; glad I got to play you to see what he was talking about. Our first game was super hype, I'm bummed the commentators were busy talking about commentating instead of the match. I got the feeling you were having an off day or something; if so, hope to play you again when you're at the top of your game.
Gunpunch - We need to sit down and play dittos for like 4-5 hours and see if we can absorb each other's strengths. We're both so good in different ways, I seriously think we could both improve immensely if we tried that.
Booker - You're to hard on yourself, man. You placed 33/119 =~ 27th percentile. Your natural skill level is fine, I think you just need experience. Keep tourneying and you'll get there. I'll be sure to beat up on your brother for you come summer.

I'm sure I've forgotten people, I'm still hazy from the late night. Good games, everyone. Hope to see you all at Shffl!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
"Gunpunch: haha you lost to shroudedone oh my god"

Well don't say it like that. :(

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
"Gunpunch: haha you lost to shroudedone oh my god"

Well don't say it like that. :(
Hanky expresses his love through putting people down. For example, if you beat one of his low tiers the usual response is usually something along the lines of "You're terrible.". What Hanky said here just means he respects both you and Gunpunch and wishes you both the best, in his own special way.

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, no disrespect, I just like ragging on Gunpunch because 1) we're friends, 2) he can take it, and 3) he loses to literally every peach ever at tournament in bracket and really needs to stop.

tm

Smash Ace
Had a great time at this one, and even though it had some issues it was cool chilling with you all until the late night.

1: Mango ($506) - R.I.P. Christmas ale mango. Awesome stuff as usual, maybe I'll get to play you eventually.
2: Abate ($253) - Good **** dude, and one of the most entertaining grand finals in a while (WHY WAS IT NOT RECORDED)! I hope to play you sometime, you're super fun to watch and really inspiring.
3: 4% ($190) - Fun games, and nice job defending the local territory lol. I'd love to play more and meet the rest of the NEOH guys as I come to more events.
5: Hanky Panky ($64) - Nice job, as expected. I totally wasn't hustling you lol, just always on the lookout for improvement, and I know that you're really good and the fact that you got good really fast told me that you were probably very improvement-conscious, and that you might have well-articulated criticism. I'll take the hustle comment as a compliment though :) Fun games, let's play again at shuffle.
7: Gravy ($32) - Awesome job man. Although you were so close to placing even higher, I think everyone was really impressed. Your play is extremely solid and I want to see you keep improving. I'll keep training harder too, and we'll play more next time :)
9: tm :)
13: PGH Carroll - Super close set. The hair was weighing me down before ;) You're the homie. See you next time
17: Slarti - Good games dude, and good luck with the fox.
17: Get Low - Thanks for the compliment! Good job beating sweet too.
17: Dempt - What's up dude. Sorry I left the setup to get food, we have to play next time.
17: Paradigm - nice seeing you again, let's play at shuffle if you're down.
25: Inty - the NY hype man. No sandbagging allowed!
25: 1der - better luck next time, but you're still good. Only a matter of time before we play again in bracket...
25: soap - close as hell set dude. Sorry about the end of game 1, but it happens. I'd love to play again in the future.
25: Sweet - Can't win em all. I get the feeling that we'll play in bracket soon. It was nice of you to run the PM bracket
25: Pat - Thanks for all the work you put in at this dude, and putting me in a pool when I was left out.
25: KittyMW - nice games dude. You're a chill guy, let's play again
33: Gunpunch - Nice games, I was getting really worried game 2. Watch plup vs linguini, lol. I expect to see you at shuffle
33: Etwas - Nice meeting you + friendlies.
33: Beanwolf - Definitely get some friendlies next time. Maybe I can get on stream and have you hyping my gdorf up or something, lol.

Apop - Hope you had fun! Come out another time.
CoffeeMug - Good job taking a video of S1's face
D3PO - Hope you had fun as well, always like talking to newer guys.
Derf - Sorry about your pool dude. I had a great time with you and everyone else. Maybe next time it can end earlier so we can hang out with your NEOH friends.
Final Waffle - First tournaments are always crazy dude. Don't **** talk yourself though, everybody starts somewhere :)
Finnz7 - Cool ass link man. Keep it up and you'll be Stro in no time.
FrekyMW - I had a great time at this event, thanks for making it happen. Try to learn from some issues so it runs more smoothly next time.
Garzal - I don't even know who was in your pool, but better luck next time. We gotta schedule smashing more often, and I really appreciate the effort you put into doing so, even though a lot of the time I'm busy.
Kanye Rest - I was kinda surprised that you didn't make it out, but good games.
Mordicon - Nice games again.
Mr. Magik + Mr. Magik's friends whose tag / name I don't know - Yo, so cool to randomly find that other NWOHs were there. Gotta get our scene bigger! Shoot me a P.M. sometime so we can hook up.

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
1: Mango - no beard, no love
2: Abate - thx for ****ing me up with luigi. shoutouts to you for beating me with G&W for the first time. beam face etc
3: 4% - thanks for getting this high in results and making ohio look less free. we didn't play at all tho :(
9: Taki - dempts butthole
13: Green Ranger - shoutouts to your hat
13: PGH Carroll - best team. love u dad
13: S1 - you beat a samus at this tournament. who ****in knew
17: Beegs - mad solid set. you gotta shake that rust off and keep comin out. hella solid marth
17: Slarti - will not be speaking to you until you wear your leather jacket again
17: Get Low - shoutouts to you beating sweet again LOOOOL you're bad and downsmash is bad
17: PBnJ - shouts to you for admitting that i had the cool controller first
17: Dempt - missed u dad, thx for coming out :^)
17: Paradigm - very tense set. i usually always lose to samuses. you're good. tell abu he can suck a ****
25: soap - we played 1 friendly. but it was magical. <3
25: Sweet - if you weren't sick you would've placed higher, but you shouldn't be losing to matt. come on son. <3
25: Pat - **** that set. thanks for making our pool ez mode LOOOOL
25: KittyMW - youre the homie :)
33: ShroudedOne - we didn't play this time, but taki thinks that i'd lose to you. we'll have to record a set
33: Gunpunch - YOU WERE HERE?
33: Nips - idk you but nipples lol
33: Beanwolf - <3333333
33: Tompkins - sorry for calling you "tampons" when i called our pool out
33: Jbro - sorry for not doing anything impressive in our pools match

shoutouts to baby jake and alex for being the homies. love you dads <3 also shoutout to that gas station

shoutouts to smashstudios doing absolutely nothing and then """""running"""" a ****ty stream. if you want to stream our events (which probably won't happen again), you should probably be prepared and not ask one of our streamers to bring equipment the night before. we had to scrounge up equipment from people who weren't even planning on streaming just to get your butt ass stream running. never forget.

shoutouts to that pizza place for having us

shoutouts to Freky for doing everything possible to keep the tournament running. you dealt with adversity well.

shoutouts to sweet for stepping up and running PM. but **** that game

shoutouts to Tonya for showing up

shoutouts to incest

shoutouts to watching your mom shower

Yardo

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to the people in my pool (Abate's), I've never made it out of pools before, so I was excited to take 4th seed. Plus, I took a match off of one of two other guys in my pool who got 17th. I think I learned a lot about spacing in approaches and I don't feel completely helpless when I'm against a really good player anymore.

And my sister made it into the bracket, so that was fun.

Nice talking to you Beegs.

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
This tournament was solid.

Yardo and Venance, it was a pleasure talking to you both even tho one of you didn't say anything. lol.

I'll make a better shout out soon.

TeamFsmash2013

Smash Rookie
Should I ask?
We took a quick stop at a convenience store a few minutes away from the venue and it was mad sketch. An Armenian dude smoking inside, dudes with chains, etc. They turned off their lights and closed literally right when we left.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
We took a quick stop at a convenience store a few minutes away from the venue and it was mad sketch. An Armenian dude smoking inside, dudes with chains, etc. They turned off their lights and closed literally right when we left.
That's so typical. I would just get my Twix and run the hell out of there.

ALSO, I left a pair of headphones at the venue! Any way I could get them back??

Top Bottom