• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU 2014: If ya ain't Stackin' , start packin' | Feb. 1st, 2014 | Raleigh, NC

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I'll edit shout-outs and all that jazz in later, but currently I'm dead.

For now, here are the results

[COLLAPSE=Melee Singles (82 Entrants)]
1: PP :falcomelee::marthmelee:
2: $mike :falconmelee:
3: Camron :falcomelee:
4: Taheem :marthmelee:
5: Kaeon :foxmelee:
5: Lightsyde :falcomelee::falconmelee:
7: Fiz :sheikmelee:
7: SlasherKing :marthmelee:
9: CrystalNite :sheikmelee:
9: Lord Karn (DQ'd) :sheikmelee:
9: Stingers :peachmelee:
9: Dark Hart :foxmelee:
13: Ethan :marthmelee:
13: sky :foxmelee:
13: Vista :falcomelee:
13: Moses :falconmelee:
17: Yeroc
17: Smith
17: Bisquick
17: Brickman
17: Sway
17: Ilove
17: SlayMaster
17: Jwilli
25: GQ
25: MrBeenReady (Forfeited due to prior obligations)
25: Sharkz
25: Lenny
25: vZakat
25: FlantasticFlan
--------Pools Cut Off--------
4: Boney
4: Deelan
4: Jer (Got 3rd seed, but had to leave early, letting vZakat in)
4: v4
4: *CT*
4: Nichlarb
4: Swann
4: GreyGhost
4: Heinz (Got 2nd seed, but wasn't feeling well, letting Lenny in)
4: Purple
5: Gato
5: Mike
5: DragonIota
5: Sunflora
5: Socks
5: RaphaelRobo
5: Nannose
5: Specail K
5: Sheep
5: Rhombus
6: Park
6: Ocean
6: Kris
6: Malcolm
6: Grav
6: Zirk
6: NES
6: Noah
6: Daniel
6: Locke
7: KNOWAH
7: Flow
7: RCTM
7: Max
7: Joseph
7: SuperSlyChicken
7: NocriZle
7: Kevin
7: Rob
7: Sharp Chedder
8: R$
8: HahaPwnd
8: CherryPauper
8: LINTARNO
8: Allan
8: Reckon
8: Casper
8: Kilburn
8: Yang
8: Adrian
9: Broly
9: Zelberto
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE=Melee Teams (23 Teams)]
1: Gandalf and the TECHNICOLOR Beard (Karn + PP)
2: $mike + Ron ($mike + Ron)
3: Cheech and Chong (Kaeon + Moses)
4: BASIC INCOME (taheem + stingers)
5: Coffee Dad and Forsaken son (Dylan + Brickman)
5: Whale Trail (Dark Hart + Lightsyde)
7: GQ + Sky
7: Swann + Corey (Swann + Corey)
9: Story of the Invincible Tacos (Sway + Raph)
9: Papa Thompkins (Boney and Johnny)
9: Yellow Tiger Alliance (Jwilli + v4)
9: Ilove + sidd (iLOVE + sidd)
13: Bob and the Showgram (Purple + CherryPauper)
13: Evil Erection (Nes + Joesph)
13: Slaymaster + Will (Slaymaster + Will)
13: Aux Delusion
17: Yang + John (Yang + John)
17: Gnar X
17: Tires don exits (GreyGhost + Reckon)
17: Team Plebs
17: The Afrodeutscherz (DragonIota + Broly)
17: Mr. Stealyogirl (Casper + Zelb)
17: Randalls Witnesses (Rmoney + DrProfessorPatrick)
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE=P:M Singles (46 Entrants)]
1: PP
2: stingers
3: Kaeon
4: Smith
5: Lord Karn
5: Sharkz
7: Ilove
7: Swann
9: Taheem
9: Boney
9: Slaymaster
9: Heinz
13: Zirk
13: Vista
13: Vulcon3
13: Sheep
17: Lightsyde
17: *CT*
17: Mike
17: Benjamin T Ready
17: TMork
17: Jafar
17: Chuckles
17: NoCrizzle
25: Sam
25: Sharp Chedder
25: DragonIota
25: Mephisto
25: Sidd
25: Bisquick
25: Max
25: Salty Surprise
33: AV Ultima
33: Mars
33: Kilburn
33: Noah
33: GQ
33: LINTARNO
33: Hahapwned
33: SuperSlyChicken
33: John
33: Snook
33: Bonny
33: RaphaelRobo
33: Not Rick
33: Epic
[/COLLAPSE]

Attachments

Last edited:

Nessafile

Smash Apprentice
Grayghost when your mewtwo took me under yoshi's i honestly thought i was going to quit. and of course 3rd and 4th were in my pool, I did have a great time playing against alot of people in friendlies. Learned alot for my first tourney :D

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Shoutouts to:

Mike. Yes, Money Mike, not Just Mike. Also almost getting JV 5ed by you.

Ethan I played really good friendlies vs. you.

Raph, I enjoyed my friendlies vs. you. Your Ganon isn't half bad and your Kirby is nice too, keep working on them.

Kyle for letting me know that all the xmas vids are gone. :(

That one Gold Roy player I played in friendlies who was legit. was that greyghost? Either way, he was pretty good.

Sway for being a sport in some friendlies and just having fun.

Matt Higgins for showing up unexpectedly and finding out him and Kyle went to the same elementary school.

Crab Dumplings.

One Stock is not a lead.

The Charlotte crew.

Brad for beating Todd in PM at high percent. Clutch.

LoZr out of nowhere.

Seth not being there to MM me.

Noah, meeting you was nice.

Predicting that this tournament was gonna have at least 80 entrants.

P.S: Sorry DJ that we didn't do our MM. I'll be doing it next time though.

Nessafile

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to:

Mike. Yes, Money Mike, not Just Mike. Also almost getting JV 5ed by you.

Ethan I played really good friendlies vs. you.

Raph, I enjoyed my friendlies vs. you. Your Ganon isn't half bad and your Kirby is nice too, keep working on them.

Kyle for letting me know that all the xmas vids are gone. :(

That one Gold Roy player I played in friendlies who was legit. was that greyghost? Either way, he was pretty good.

Sway for being a sport in some friendlies and just having fun.

Matt Higgins for showing up unexpectedly and finding out him and Kyle went to the same elementary school.

Crab Dumplings.

One Stock is not a lead.

The Charlotte crew.

Brad for beating Todd in PM at high percent. Clutch.

LoZr out of nowhere.

Seth not being there to MM me.

Noah, meeting you was nice.

Predicting that this tournament was gonna have at least 80 entrants.

P.S: Sorry DJ that we didn't do our MM. I'll be doing it next time though.
Thanks dude, same to you.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
[deleted.]

Last edited:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Super fun tourney! Very exciting for NC and Melee =)

Lucas and Stongers- great job! got some suggestions for next time but it wasn't possible without you both being awesome <3

everyone new- OMFG you guys made this tournament! never seen so many people new before and tell me it was their first tourney or they came back etc etc etc. hope to see you all again!

taheem- you got better nice

dj- but did you tho?

theo- let's play a lot, great to see ya

camron- nice, then my bad, then lol

smith- hbdbby

kyle- let's talk ;)

kaeon- see you at geeksboro! keep it up dude seriously

jes- homie driver

sky- 110 mph your apm is too high

mike- you liked it

also I'd watch your back if I were you ;)

fiz- gtfo my knee

adam- GAH DANG IT STUNNA BOIIIIII

raph- you ate it holy sh*****

swann- legit

corey- legit

josh- im scared

laggy tv- screw you

marth- <333333

too many people to list but I thought I'd shoutout for such a great nc event! =)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm going to do shoutouts later. For now let me just mention:

I actually really really hate bananas. I felt like vomiting after that. At least it wasn't a tomato, because I actually probably would have vomited if I ate one of those. Hate them so much.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
kevin let's talk about many things

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
thanks for the birthday present kevin, i had a really great time & it was fun playing everyone. shout outs to all of the new players, especially the ones that came up to me & talked to me.

i hate that laggy tv

i wish i got a chance to play Bryan in P:M

i wanna rematch bryan in melee

bullrope

stingers is super good at P:M x.x

[Reckon]

Smash Rookie
Hey, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for being so welcoming to newcomers. I really enjoyed getting to meet several of you, notably Raph, Dark Hart, Zirk, Stingers, R$, and surely several I'm forgetting. Hope to see you all again soon!

Last edited:

Kaeon

Smash Cadet
Was mind-numbingly difficult to be at my best, took a huge toll on me mentally, but I placed way better than I expected in the end! Hard work finally paid off.

Karn - dude those 15 mins of sheik 101 worked wonders for me, helped me know what to look for + allowed me to refine my neutral game as well, props dude very helpful :D

PP - thanks for the inspiration dude, I'll be coming out to what I can, hopefully regularing Geeksboro will be a good start. hope I can play you more in the future/learn more from you

Locke - keep tryin bro, you know what to look for, just work on tech skill and amp up ur speed a bit and things should start to come together, your approach to fighting me was reasonably logical, keep practicing

ian - ily

taheem - we didn't meet up this bracket but I was super melee'd out by the end, maybe a more lax night will allow some friendlies

moses - thanks for the support dude, the encouragement helped me survive my sets, best teammate NA

dj - ily

smith - mad close set dude, wish you were on your A-game though, fun stuff

stingers - exciting sets in P:M man, hopefully we can get some melee games in later, thanks for running a great tournament

lucas - same thing as above, great tournament dude, we need some real sets though lmao

cam - close ass set dude, ur falco is everything I wished mine could be. lookin forward to playing with you again for sure

sky - ur techskill is godlike dude, we need to play friendlies! I want some of that technology haha

$mike - you play hella fast, I'm gonna experiment with making my game more dynamic in that sense, and see its appropriate implementation (next time i see you we need to play, i will be working at this)

Last edited:

Vaporizer_

Smash Rookie
Yo Smith I know I bumped into you and told you already but damn your toon link was fun to watch ggs man

XSkyShadowX

Smash Apprentice
SHOUTOUTS to an amazing turn out! not happy with my performance but i still had a blast! NC smash scene is awesome. I suck at shoutouts so shout outs to everyone who came out I hope to see more of you guys! also.. Shoutouts to shoutouts ;) hehe

PUrPle MV

Smash Rookie
Went really well for my first melee tournament, the amount of people was awesome excellent competition for every skill level had a lot of fun.

First and foremost I want to thank my training partner Ian the most stubborn and ruthless player ever who loves to yell and scream and tell me how bad I am prolly never would have played this game again without him and I certainly would have lost a couple Marth games at the tournament if I hadn't played that awful match up over and over again just eating tippers and 0 to death grabs . Sad he couldn't make it

Shout outs to-
Cherry pauper
R$
Drprofessorpatrick
Martin
For keeping me company whilst there and for being awesome and meeting us on Craigslist to play melee

Reverend - played my very first friendly of the day against your peach and lost great match great peach would've loved a rematch later on

Lightsyde your Falco in teams made me feel embarrassed to even play the character Dark Hart great teams match thanks for setting up the tournament and answering any questions I had helping to report Matchs ect.

To the three members of my pool that beat me... pretty handily thanks for being friendly great matchs

Rhombus and Locke- great to play your shiek and Falcon respectively really enjoyed the dittos we did especially the Falcon one that came down to my random shffl'd knee spam

Sharp Cheddar and Adrian - you guys were like the two nicest ppl I met all day great matchs Adrians down smash spam had to be adjusted to quickly

Shout outs to all the ppl I missed and played in friendlys or otherwise all you guys made this a great experience.

I live in Holly Springs NC if anyone ever wants to get together and play some melee I'll be needing a new training partner soon. Ians leaving for the military. Sorry for the long winded post hope to see you guys at the next one

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Realized I'm too lazy to make shoutouts because there were freaking 80 people and whatnot. So random stuff:

Kitkats are cool.

Dr. Pepper is cool

Why the hell was the store out of Jalapeno Chips?

Corey, let's continue making sure we play at every tournament.

Everyone with a beard is cool.

Shoutouts to controllers going missing.

Shoutouts to Alex continuing to get destroyed by Falcon. Get good, scrub.

Shoutouts to Taheem for being the best player in Raleigh.

Who knew purple fanta was a thing?

Raleigh is awesome

Non-Raleigh is also awesome, but not quite as awesome.

Friendlies with Locke were fun. Really impressed with the Ganon tech skill you've picked up in the short time you've been playing. But you definitely need to put more work into mental games. Sorry my Ganon was so out of practice, I'll try to spend some time with him again so I can really give you some good games.

Shoutouts to Chris for valuing work over being at the tournament. You made the right decision, but I missed seeing you.

Shoutouts to Alex and Lucas for running an 80-man tournament. That was incredible. Nice work.

Shoutouts to Sway for being the awesomest teammate ever. Kirby Falco was the best.

Shoutouts to everyone I suicided with in teams. Looking at you, Kevin.

In general, re-evaluating my play after this. Probably going to completely dedicate myself to Good Kirby in the future. I mean, it's the only character I've been using in friendlies, but I've still been relying on Ganon in tournament. And I guess I need to learn to drive and get a car, because I feel bad every time I rely on someone for a ride, and I need to play this game more than once or twice a month. Or maybe I need to tidy up my apartment so I can actually have people over? Who knows.

Also, shoutouts to rides.

NC is amazing.

I really love Bananas - AiAi. Screw Melee, let's all play Monkey Ball instead.

Too lazy to write more. If I left you out and you aren't happy about that, become a mod and edit yourself into this post.

Also, it's a bad idea to go to a tournament off of four hours sleep and a quadruple shot of espresso, even if I did drink over 3 liters of Dr. Pepper while at the tournament.

Last edited:

Invader_Zirk

Smash Rookie
Yo, this was a terrific tournament for us! On behalf of the rest of HPU, we all had a fantastic time.

Shoutouts to Sharkz and NCSU for organizing the crew battle. You guys rocked, and we can't wait to go another round with y'all.

Shoutouts to Lucas and Stingers for running this carnival or carnage. Y'all did good, and it was cool to see people so excited for HPU to come out.

More shoutouts to Stingers for our ultra-hype P:M set. For real, though. Let's play some when I come back to Raleigh.

Also, whoever started calling me "mini-aMSa" after watching me play Yoshi, you made my day with such a compliment. <3

Also TMonk, the other Anthony, Smith, and everybody else who hung out on the big-screen P:M setup. Great times!

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Had a blast on Saturday. I came with one goal and I achieved it so this tournament was definitely a success for me. I want to get sooo much better in PM now, and maybe start concentrating on Melee some too.

First off, thank you Lucas and Alex for putting all this together. Amazing job guys!

Shoutouts to Anthony and the rest of the HPU crew. Always a blast to play against y'all and hopefully next time NCSU will have their crew members decided before the day of the tourney.

Shoutouts to the KirbyvYoshi matchup in PM/to Kirby dash attack>offstage nB Kirbycide apparently being a thing/to nB Kirbycide being ridiculous in teams. Sorry Anthony.

Shoutouts to the Shiek player in my Melee pool (Vista I believe, sorry awful with names). I'm rooting for you to get in the PR's this year! And also to the rest of the pool. Had a blast playing you guys!

TMonk being spelled TMork (lol)

Shoutouts to Taheem and his first stock kills without getting hit in 2-consecutive games in losers semis. Dude, your Marth is fun to watch.

Shoutouts to Smith's PM Toon Link. Can't wait for the rematch.

Shoutouts to half the people bringing wifi pm setups instead of full set. (whyyyyyyyyy)

Playing smash for over 15 hours is tiring.

And last and least, shoutouts to NCSU Moodle's assignment submission confirmation page, thank you for nearly costing my entire group project while i was working on it during tournament down time.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I usually forget to do shoutouts before I forget a bunch of details about the day, resulting in shoutouts that I feel are unsatisfactory and so they don't get posted. I'll try not to do that this time because there were so many people I saw and talked to who are due some praise.

First, I want to extend my own thanks to everybody who showed up. I remember seeing NCSU put on some pretty big scrub tourneys way back when, but I don't think they were quite as big, and they certainly weren't anything near the caliber of what happened on Saturday. Having that many people in the BAR playing such high level Melee/PM was an impressive sight and I'm really happy there's so much interest in Smash in NC. I hope that doesn't change.

Alex and Lucas, you guys did a fantastic job this weekend. No event is free from hiccups, but you guys put in some solid work keeping the show going and that deserves recognition.

Thanks Kevin for putting on such a strong showing. You demonstrated just as much command of this game as you did at APEX, and it was pretty inspiring to watch. Had fun playing those couple of friendlies later on. HMU some time if you ever wanna talk teams strategy, I'd like to swap some ideas with you.

Mega shoutouts to Adam for showing up. We gonna own up on some teams again soon, my dude!

Josh, we gotta hang out again soon. We'll get that group together in Rocky Mount or my place and throw down.

Also huge props to Swann for being a stellar anchor in teams. Next time we team we're getting top 3 man. Also good job in PM dude, you did really well keeping up with all of your events.

Raph, you know I'll always make time to get some matches in with you. You're definitely improving man, so keep up the good work.

Good food run, Kyle. Y U so far away now? :((((

Good stuff to Taheem. You were solid this weekend man.

I never heard how the crew battle turned out, but to the HPU crew I had fun playing you guys and it was nice meeting you all, and seeing Mark again. Glad you're all enjoying PM!

To everybody in Pool 3, thanks for being so cooperative with both me and Zach and getting your matches done in short order. To the new guys I want to reiterate the words of encouragement I gave you at the tourney. The more people are active in the scene, the better it becomes for us all.

That was probably vZakat.

To everybody else I forget, I'm sorry for being bad.

SuperSej

Smash Rookie
Upset for dropping out. I thought I had to get out early, but things didn't end up leading to other things, and things happened, so..yeah. Great tournament though.

Gray Ghost: ...****. that's all I've gotta say

GQ: Hella good jam session in the hall

PP: duude, don't call me out again for taking laps around my favorite place to eat

Sky: gotta hype the 110 MPH trip home dude. unless you photoshopped it.

Smith, Jacob, anyone else involved: Sorry about the car situation. I owe all of ya one for sure.

Brad: shoutouts to our 'grab only' and 'specials only' friendlies. ur a troll

Locke: hey dude

Noah Smith: shoutouts to taking a stock off Taheem. he wasn't ready for those killer mixups.

Looking forward to converting from Brawl to Melee soon. Yeah, I said it.

Nessafile

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:
PP- Thanks for Talking to me and playing a set, Killer marth =D
Taheem- Pretty much the broest of bros in the melee community to me xD marth ditto me again d00d
Smith- That crew battle trashtalk was godlike
Corey- pretty much owned that crew battle
Cam/Ron- Best in our pool, plus that puff against taheem omg.
locke- the callout tho, cool talking to ya.
Stingers- Good stuff in PM man. my mom talked to you XD #sweg
Grayghost- couldn't even pull out my master ball...
Lucas- nice job to you and stingers running the tourney =D

vZakat

Half Genie
Tourneys are fun

Big tourneys are more fun

That awesome/sad moment when you only get out of pools because the person that beat you had to leave

That awesome/sad moment when every match you lose was last match last stock

Golden Justice Roy is the best character ever

I have a man crush on josh

I still get nervous when I wanna ask good players for friendlies :/

Bananas can cause more hype than I thought

Having the TV/Cube you are having a tourney match on get unplugged twice

Roy's gross up-b in P:M

Almost losing my copy of melee

Bowser dittos

Technical foxes the come from florida

Increasing my desire to get better

Doing shout outs like QDVS

:colorful:

GrayGhost

Smash Rookie
Jes: Thanks again for the encouragement!

PP: Thanks a bunch for playing me in friendlies, I appreciate you taking the time to play a scrub like me =). I felt like I was being combo'd almost the entire time so I probably didn't get a chance to show you my moves, but if you have any tips as to what I need to improve most I'd love to hear 'em!

Ian: Had a lot of fun playing friendlies with you, I meant to tell you that you're really good at applying safe pressure when I'm on a platform. (Also you owe me a dollar =) )

Taheem: Dude, that Ken combo from like the center of FD is burned into my mind. Sick stuff!

GQ: Definitely destroyed me with those rests and that Puff in general.

And of course, Stingers and Dark Hart, for running a great tournament. I had a great time.
Tons of great players there, I learned a whole lot and have a better idea of what I should be practicing. Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming! I regret being on the shy side, I wish I had met more of you. Hope to see you all again soon.

*CT*

Smash Lord
I honestly think this was the most fun I've had in a long time.
I'm not good with words, I just go in for hugs.

GaGa

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the shout-outs guys.
I am trying to be NC's 'Marth Main'; Kevin really inspired me.

gg's and hope to see everyone next tournament!

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Doing shout outs like QDVS

:colorful:
come back to orlando, fraud. good to see you still around. did you know fenrir is playing again, too?

looks like i might need to drive up to one of these if they're going to be consistently this big. i miss me some catfish.

oh and wtf at there being a mewtwo main in NC. that's awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom