• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Johns 1/4/13 RESULTS

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
There will be VIDEOS FROM CLASHTOURNAMENTS FROM THE TOURNAMENT. Great tournament sets, I will post them when they get put up, for now, you can go to the Clashtournaments Archive on Twitch.

Singles (33 entrants)

1: CT Hax :foxmelee:
2: CTRL The Moon :marthmelee:
3: Vanz :peachmelee: :foxmelee: :icsmelee:
4: Reno :sheikmelee: :foxmelee:
5: G$ :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
5: Zang :falcomelee:
7: Marc :peachmelee:
7: AndrewAJT62 :icsmelee:
9: Smokey :foxmelee:
9: Warriorknight :falconmelee: (He played more characters, someone fill me in.)
9: Dan :falcomelee: (Anyone else?)
9: Ryan K :marthmelee: :falcomelee:
13: Vino :marthmelee:
13: DirtyDeeds :marthmelee: :falconmelee:
13: Jsex :sheikmelee: :foxmelee:
13: Hectohertz(Jesse) :sheikmelee:
17: Ryobeat :peachmelee:
17 Captain Smuckers :foxmelee:
17: Sdub
17: Iplayfalcon :falconmelee:
17: GMO :falcomelee:
17: Future
17: Sled :drmario:
17: Anub :falcomelee:
25: Havok :foxmelee:
25: Robin
25: Onomanic
25: MPK
25: Boba-fet
25: **** ( B T C H )
25: Pyro
25: Fershut
33: MasterKush

Bracket: http://challonge.com/NojohnsSinglesJan4

Doubles (9 teams)

1: CT Hax + CTRL Alukard
2: CTRL The Moon + CTRL DJ Nintendo
3: Reno+Vanz
4: Jsex+Zang
5: Ryobeat+Marc
5: Jesse+AndrewAJT62
7:Sdub+Dan
7:Will+Vino
9:Master Kush+Bro Bafet

Bracket: http://challonge.com/NoJohnsJan4

Last edited:

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Alukard, I had a great tournament and all, but you really have to work on seeding. Get someone who seriously understands the skill levels of players to do this. It seemed like you only seeded a few people, but there are a BUNCH of people unseeded which cause a big stir in the bracket. You seeded Dan, Reno, Captain Smuckers, AndrewAJT, G$, and Zang poorly. Because of this, there was a ridiculous problem. Ryan K and Smuckers had to play first round, who are contenders for Top 10, and Jsex and G$ also had to play first round, which are ALSO contenders for top 10. It also gave an easy bracket to other players, for example (no offense) Smokey, who got 9th for beating no notable players. Then in losers, it had to be Smuckers(Once power ranked) vs Zang(Power ranked), and Me(recently beating top players) vs Jsex(got top 3 at last no johns) early in losers, who ever lost got 17th. Also, me, zang, and Jsex play all the time as well, so it sucked to have to do that so early in bracket. I know the usual mentality is "Just play to win", but it is generally agreed that if you have the capability to seed every player do so. So then we can have a more perfect results and an accurate display of rankings and skill. Next time, please get someone else to do the seeding.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
The Pika fire is real. Had fun playing WarriorKnight and also giving I_Play_Falcon his first tournament win... lol. *SHOUTOUTS to Chibo for providing the stream.* I think we could have used a little more setups though. It was tough to get warmups without it being a 4 man rotation. Waiting ~10 min. in between matches doesn't help much.

As for seeding, seed the top 6 players in order then half the remaining players into known vs. unknown. I'd open up a notepad or even write it on a piece of paper. Three separate columns [TOP, KNOWN, UNKNOWN]. Then copy pasta it into your tournament organizer.

Was so tired from not sleeping for 28 hours prior to the event I had to take a nap for like an hour and a half after being eliminated before I could return and watch some matches lol.

HOST DIS AGAIN SOON

Dirtydeeds

Smash Rookie
Yo great time as always. GGs to everyone I played.

BTW, I was Falcon and Marth in bracket

Thanks, look forward to the next one.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Smokey you got 9th, of course you think its fine LOOOOL. But on a serious note, it clearly wasn't fine if you look at the bracket. It could have been worse; Challonge could have made Dan fight Vanz first round, or Reno fight Vanz first round. Or Moon vs Zang first round, which is ridiculous if that happened. I think you should seed as much as you know. G$, Reno and Zang not seeded is ridiculous, Smuckers, Dan and Andrew I could see how that happened. But the TO should seed as best he can.

Smokey Huntz

Smash Apprentice
You just sound salty RyoBrat maybe if you were better at the game like me you'dve got 9th

andrewajt62

Smash Journeyman
Good games everyone! I don't really mind since my name is already too complicated, but the "ajt" is lowercase :p. If you're wondering why I don't change it, it's because I use it for YouTube as well, and people can just refer to me on a first-name basis.

Shoutouts:
1: CT Hax - Going to miss the Falcon, but I have to admit that your fox has improved boatloads and is hella good.
2: CTRL The Moon - Nice job dude, those games vs Hax were intense
3: Vanz - Nice work in teams
4: Reno - That was such an intense set vs you in Losers, last stock third game. Nice job clutching it out.
5: G$ - bringing the hype as always
5: Zang - Good matches in teams! And don't let Emukiller stay home next time!
9: Smokey - Enjoyed your commentary on my set. Your fox got exposed tho lol
9: Warriorknight - Good seeing you again, you should play with me and Emu on netplay more!
9: Ryan K - I was impressed by your patience in our set, most Falco's have no idea how to fight IC's haha.
13: Vino - Glad I got to finally play you in bracket
13: Jsex - Nice job in teams
13: Hectohertz(Jesse) - Our team worked out OK, I think we def could have made it farther if we had more practice teaming with each other to build some more synergy. I'm down to team again whenever you want. Good seeing you as always.
17: Ryobeat - I gotta play you more sometime man! We only got to play for a total of 1 minute haha. Thanks for posting the results.
17 Captain Smuckers - Good job on that MM :)
17: Iplayfalcon - You need to have a little more confidence in your play :p
17: Sled - Good job beating Pyro
25: Boba-fet - Thanks for driving me even tho we almost ran out of gas LOL. Not as good as mike but you pulled through and we made it for doubles.
25: **** ( B T C H ) - Hope you enjoyed your first tournament man, just keep going to as many as possible!
25: Pyro - I wish I had a chance to play you, that Roy looked sick!

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I need to see this fox. Haxs' falcon is the most entertaining thing in melee though

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
But whatever, no more complaining, I had a fun tournament. Shoutouts;

1: CT Hax :foxmelee:: TEAMSSSSSSSSS?!?!?!?!?!? And good **** on winning it all with Fox.
2: CTRL The Moon :marthmelee: : Good stuff on second! NEXT TIME, TAKE IT!
3: Vanz :peachmelee::foxmelee::icsmelee: : Good games dude! Glad to have played someone I always study from LOL, hopefully we can play again soon :)
4: Reno :sheikmelee::foxmelee: : Funny ass friendlies LOOOOOOOL, and fun quad peach on Yoshis, GGs ^_^
5: G$ :falcomelee::foxmelee:: TEAMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?!
5: Zang :falcomelee: : YOU'RE LUCKY WE DIDNT FACE EACH OTHER, WOULDA BEEN DONE LOL, but good stuff getting 5th, despite you/me/jsex having to play each other super early
7: Marc :peachmelee:: Nice job on 7th and thanks for teaming! Team with me at Apex, I'll force you! ;)
7: AndrewAJT62 :icsmelee: : We have currently played 1/4th of a friendly. It's a start LOL we need to play more
9: Smokey :foxmelee:: YOU DONT DESERVE THIS PLAYCE YET.
9: Warriorknight :falconmelee: Good seeing you man!
9: Dan :falcomelee: : NICE ASS UPSET
9: Ryan K : Thank you for playing Marth on me for an hour, I really need to get a hold of that matchup!!!
13: Vino :marthmelee:: I NEED TO PLAY YOU MORE.
13: Jsex :sheikmelee::foxmelee: : Even though we both played awfully in our set, AND we had to play super early, GGs, hopefully we'll play again soon
17: Ryobeat :peachmelee: : Scrub
17 Captain Smuckers :foxmelee:: Other scrub
17: Iplayfalcon :falconmelee:: WINNING THAT TOURNAMENT MATCH, MY BOY!!
17: Sled :drmario: : YOU ENTERED??~?~?~?
25: Pyro <3333

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
OMG hax's smash DI is amazing. Makes fox look hard to combo. Also his speed off the ledge is ridiculous. Good **** tri-state all around though. Alot of really good matches.

Smokey Huntz

Smash Apprentice
Sorry can't hear you all the way back there in 17th place Ryobrat you gotta speak up dude

Alukard

Smash Hero
Alukard, I had a great tournament and all, but you really have to work on seeding. Get someone who seriously understands the skill levels of players to do this. It seemed like you only seeded a few people, but there are a BUNCH of people unseeded which cause a big stir in the bracket. You seeded Dan, Reno, Captain Smuckers, AndrewAJT, G$, and Zang poorly. Because of this, there was a ridiculous problem. Ryan K and Smuckers had to play first round, who are contenders for Top 10, and Jsex and G$ also had to play first round, which are ALSO contenders for top 10. It also gave an easy bracket to other players, for example (no offense) Smokey, who got 9th for beating no notable players. Then in losers, it had to be Smuckers(Once power ranked) vs Zang(Power ranked), and Me(recently beating top players) vs Jsex(got top 3 at last no johns) early in losers, who ever lost got 17th. Also, me, zang, and Jsex play all the time as well, so it sucked to have to do that so early in bracket. I know the usual mentality is "Just play to win", but it is generally agreed that if you have the capability to seed every player do so. So then we can have a more perfect results and an accurate display of rankings and skill. Next time, please get someone else to do the seeding.
TBH ... At locals i seed only a few players ... The reason behind this is because you guys need to get better .... stop worrying about who you have to play and just win. Please do not complain about seeding at a local again. Youre here to beat everyone not have the bracket earn you placings. guess what smokey got for 9th place...... 0$!!! If youre not aiming for to be better than 4th. Youre doing it wrong. <4th isn't what you should be worrying about.

Smokey Huntz

Smash Apprentice
1: CT Hax :foxmelee: That fox is sex now
2: CTRL The Moon :marthmelee: Had fun during our set you're so crazy good now
3: Vanz :peachmelee::foxmelee::icsmelee: I didn't know you played Icies too :( I woulda asked for advice
4: Reno :sheikmelee::foxmelee: I'm never gonna get friendlies with you am I? :C
5: G$ :falcomelee::foxmelee: Lol G is the truth a tournament with G there is a good time mad hype
5: Zang :falcomelee: Zang always a pleasure plus you're getting soooooo much better dude
7: Marc :peachmelee: That was an amazing set with moon your peach is crazy good
7: AndrewAJT62 :icsmelee: Thanks for showing me what I never want to feel again
9: Smokey :foxmelee::falcomelee::icsmelee: Disappointed in you(Still #1 in the Juicy Jimmes tho)
9: Warriorknight :falconmelee:didn't even talk to you
9: Ryan K :marthmelee::falcomelee: Marth is pree good
13: Vino :marthmelee: Scrub
13: DirtyDeeds :marthmelee::falconmelee: Scrub
13: Jsex :sheikmelee::foxmelee: Wack
13: Hectohertz(Jesse) :sheikmelee: Free
17: Ryobeat :peachmelee: lol ultra scrub
17 Captain Smuckers :foxmelee: Your balls at this game
17: Iplayfalcon :falconmelee: Good stuff on the first W
17: GMO :falcomelee: scrub
17: Future:foxmelee: super scrub
17: Sled :drmario: The scrubiest
17: Anub :falcomelee: Suck at this game
25: Havok :foxmelee: you too^
25: Robin:pikachumelee: How'd you lose to IPF Smh(pika is getting better though) work on spacing and especically stop being a pansy on the ledge
25: Pyro:roymelee: Stole your 9th place spot scrub

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
TBH ... At locals i seed only a few players ... The reason behind this is because you guys need to get better .... stop worrying about who you have to play and just win. Please do not complain about seeding at a local again. Youre here to beat everyone not have the bracket earn you placings. guess what smokey got for 9th place...... 0$!!! If youre not aiming for to be better than 4th. Youre doing it wrong. <4th isn't what you should be worrying about.
I get it if you only want to seed a few players, that's fine with me. But the level that you seeded was like, near ridiculous. Reno and G$ are ranked Top 10 in tristate, as well as Top 100 in the world, yet they weren't seeded. Like, you're basically telling me to just settle for something that is proven to be less accurate. EVERY tournament seeds players AT LEAST top 8 of that local. Skill ranks are different in each region. Seed according to the skill level here, not some super high standards. There is literally no negative reason to NOT seed players as accurately as possible. With your logic, your leaving this HUGE gap in skill that is unable to be seen. Either you're Top 4 or you don't matter? And tell me again how seeding only a few people makes us better. More seeding helps us measure EXACTLY where we are in skill, what does lower seeding do?

EDIT: To the guy who said to just MM Smokey, we play a good amount, he's just messing around LOL.

Last edited:

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Reno and G$ are Top 100 in the world?

News to me.

As an objective observer, just meet in the middle, dude. Alukard has strong points, but I also agree not seeding Reno and G$ is reckless at best. After the top six placers of this tournament, though, there's no one I would deem it an imperative to seed.

ILM

Smash Journeyman
Any videos available? I'd love to see that Hax fox.

Top Bottom