• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Official PGH Melee Power Rankings (Fall)

PGH Carroll

Smash Master

OFFICIAL POWER RANKING
(Spring 2015)
A rank of the best SSBM Players in the Greater PGH area.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NEOHBURGH/
Updated every 3 months. (Seasonaly)

Criteria for ranking:
OOR performance (Placement / Wins and loses)
Head to Heads with PGH players
Tourney Results

THINGS NOT CONSIDERED
Money matches
Doubles results
Friendlies at 3AM

Panel Members: PGH Carroll, Sweet, Mach, TheLake, Bearsfan092 and Stro.

Last edited:

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
lol what is it with heights people saying dumb **** about rankings

takieddine

Smash Master
you forgot anna's ****

also im gay.

Also I think rankings for a city are pretty silly, we may as well just consolidate PA and add Cactuar somewhere up there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

jacob's luigi face is disturbing accurate.

get that guy a vacuum and a pittsburgh south side rental and you got a GC title

D20

Smash Lord
You guys suck. I beat everyone at my school. I am so good at this game. I use Young Link. I like his fire arrows and his grab. His grab is good because it has a long range. I will challenge you all and become the #1 ranked player in Pittsburgh.

SYickX

Smash Cadet
Rob, we need to show the world that Pittsburgh is the best region for the Triforce of Courage
You guys suck. I beat everyone at my school. I am so good at this game. I use Young Link. I like his fire arrows and his grab. His grab is good because it has a long range. I will challenge you all and become the #1 ranked player in Pittsburgh.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
This list is missing Cowboyardee.
Agreed. I was crestfallen when I didn't make the list.
Then I saw that you weren't on the list either, and I felt better.

In the years since I left town, I trust that you've been using your time wisely. Obviously not developing your smash skill or working your way up the rankings or anything. But maybe mastering those last elusive solos in Guitar Hero (without ever actually learning to play a real guitar) or sculpting a more seamless transition between beard and body hair. Or perhaps just losing with newfound dignity - you're taking it better these days when the rankings don't include you.

(I guess I could have left a warm and fuzzy shout out to my old friends seeing as I haven't posted in 6 years. But that wouldn't have felt quite right. </3 A-Laon )

Speaking of rankings, I powered up the gamecube for the first time in a long while recently. Gave my old standbys a spin. Marth, falco, puff. Worked up to a little tech skill. And as my fingers flew and I executed my short-hopped illusions and sing-cancelled stocks, something occurred to me:

Back in the day, I was a terrible competitive player. One of the worst. But at the time, there were still millions of casual smashers that I could beat. But now, in 2014, all the casuals have moved on to other games, and only the dedicated still play melee. Which means... for one brief and shining moment, I might have actually been the worst active player in the world. Just last month. Me.

Top that, pittsburgh bi+ches.

Last edited:

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
Cowboyardee just posted...HOLY ****.
BTW taki, I checked out a few of your matches on youtube. Your fox is looking ungodly these days. It was obvious back in 2006 that you'd be damn good if you kept at it. Nice job representing the old school pgh smashers, man. #scspride

Ambix

Smash Ace
only one peach can be active at a time.

let me know when you go back on hiatus cave man.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Updated!

Congrats to Logan! Edging out Mach in our PR tie breaker set at Fight Pitt 4!

Gonna switch that fox to a marth too.

So far it's been a crazy ranking season. Next update will be dank.

Top Bottom