• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 15, 2014] [SBiB] SUPER Brawl in Berlin (12685 Berlin, Germany, Europe)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion

Teams Deadline: 12. August.2014
For Teams Registration, just let me know beforehand somehow, I will enter it in the following thread: http://forum.germansmash.de/showthread.php?21385-SUPER-BiB-Teams-amp-amp-MMs&p=732053#post732053

ORGANISATORS
• Akuma (Thread & Tournament)
• L!ver (Technics/Stream)
• TMT (Location)
• Daisuke (Location)

DATE
• Friday (15.08.2014) # 12:00 - 24:00
• Saturday (16.08.2014) # 00:00 - 24:00
• Sunday (17.08.2014) # 00:00 - 14:00
[That's 50 hours of BRAWL!]

PLACE
• Jugendfreizeitstätte TREIBHAUS
• Allee der Kosmonauten 170
• 12685 Berlin

INSTRUCTIONS

http://www.fahrinfo-berlin.de/Fahrinfo/bin/

|| means "or"

• From Hauptbahnhof MAIN STATION (~51 Minutes):
Buy this ticket: Einzelfahrausweis Regeltarif AB (2,60€)

Get in: Bus 245
Direction: S Nordbahnhof
Get out: S Nordbahnhof
Change to: Tra M8
Direction: Ahrensfelde
Get out: Adersleber Weg

• Flughafen Tegel (~53 Minutes):
Get in: BUS TXL || BUS X9
Direction: S+U Alexanderplatz (Für TXL) || S+U Zoologischer Garten (Für X9)
Get out: S Beusselstraße (TXL) || S Jungfernheide (X9)

Change to: S41
Direction: Ringbahn S 41
Get out: S Landsberger Allee

Direction: Ahrensfelde (Berlin)

• Flughafen Schönefeld Berlin (~66 Minutes):
Buy this ticket: Einzelfahrausweis Regeltarif ABC (3,20€)
Get in: S9
Direction: S+U Pankow (Berlin)

• Berlin ZOB (~60 Minutes)
---> Google Maps: https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Zentraler+Omnibusbahnhof+Berlin,+Messedamm+4,+14057+Berlin/S+Messe+Nord%2FICC+%28Berlin%29,+Westend/@52.5070275,13.2802045,18z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x47a850d30b911b39:0x23696a086fbe25c5!2m2!1d13.279762!2d52.507611!1m5!1m1!1s0x47a850d3dc77ccd3:0x72aacf23b382acd8!2m2!1d13.283043!2d52.506454!3e2

Get in: S41
Direction: Ringbahn S 41

When you are at "Adersleber Weg":

CONTACT
Akuma
• E-Mail: eyandywhy@gmail.com
• GSB PN: http://forum.germansmash.de/private.php?do=newpm&u=1689
• SWF PM: http://www.smashboards.com/private.p...newpm&u=130339

INFORMATION
• We have showers - USE THEM :D! (Dont forget to bring a towel :p)
• Up to 80 people!
• There will be night's rest!
• Near supermarket!
• Kebab too!
• Sleeping in the location is possible, BRING SLEEPING BAGS!!!
• Multiple plugs are always welcome :)
MEHRFACHSTECKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COSTS
• Entry per Day: 5€ (So 15€ for all 3 days)
Per Tournament: 5€
(See above for a list of games)

DISCOUNT
Wii + Brawl: -1€
GC + Melee: -1€
Wii + Brawl+Melee+PM: -2€
PS2 + CvS2: -2€
PS3/Xbox360 + USF4 = -2€
TV (Flatscreen / LCD): -2€
TV (CRT): -5€

PAY-OUTS
For every tournament: 50|25|15|10

EVENT/STREAM-SCHEDULE
Streamed by SALTYPLAYGROUND: http://www.twitch.tv/saltyplayground

Friday
• 12:00: Opening
• 18:00: STREAM ON
• 20:00: Project M & Melee Alternate Stages

• 24:00:
Paying // (Money&Exhibition Matches on Stream)
--- NIGHTS REST ---

Saturday

--- Time to shower/eat etc. ---
+++ Stream (10am): Brawl MT Max +++
10:00: Brawl MT Max
• 11:00: Melee Doubles
• 12:00: Brawl Doubles
--- 14-15 Pause ---
+++ Stream (3pm): Melee Doubles Top3, Brawl MT Max Top3, Brawl Doubles Top3 +++

• 15:00: Melee Singles
• 16:00: Brawl Singles
17:00: CvS2
17:30: UMvC3
18:00: USF4
+++ Stream (6pm): Melee Singles Top8, CvS2 Top3, UMvC3 Top3, USF4 Top3, Brawl Singles Top8 +++
• 24:00: Award Ceremony

Sunday
14:00: Ending

RULESETs
• All Tournaments are Double Elimination only
(ALL) sets are Bo3!!! Only Top4 is Bo5 (WF, LSF, LF, GFs) !!!

BRAWL (Singles+Doubles) ---> German Standard Ruleset v2.0 [Note: Double MK is allowed!]
--- Slight Ruleset Update:
Delfino, Halberd, Fregate & PS2 are banned!

MELEE (Singles+Doubles) ---> German Melee Standard Ruleset 2014

Project M ---> http://forum.germansmash.de/showthread.php?22006-Project-M-v3-02-PMBR-Ruleset

• Brawl Mid-Tiers MAX
MAX:

C:

C-:

D:

E:

F:

(Banned: MK, ICs, Olimar, Diddy, Marth, Snake, Falco, ZSS, DDD)

Melee Alternate Stages
Starter: Brinstar, Corneria, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Rainbow Cruise
Counterpick: Poké Floats

SEE BELOW FOR A LIST OF CONFIRMED PLAYERS

Last edited:

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
What's up my dudes. So I'm interested in this and will look into taking off of work for about 2 weeks or so to have some fun in Europe. Just gotta start planning everything out =x

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Registration is up :)

[removed link]

Merry Christmas to all of you =)

Last edited:

V1CE

Smash Champion
I am thinking of Helping M2K get here by sponsoring half his plane ticket... Can we add Melee to this too since its 3 days??? Please M2K and I would be on Teams too I believe. Melee and PM please support all smash!

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
This topic has already been suggested in the german boards yesterday (funny coincidence), so I will tell you exactly the same thing:

I have already been playing around with the idea of adding melee/pm singles to the roster of games, since there already was a successful PM+Brawl+Melee Event just 2 months ago and another tournament of that kind is also already planned. So the interest for such events seems to be there.
That's why I consider adding them right now.

Let me put it this way though: If M2K is confirmed for this, the chances for Melee/PM to be added are pretty damn high (And by that I mean at least 99,99% lol)
This is only for Singles though, I would first have to think about adding teams events as well, but Singles would be 100% garuanteed at least.
You know, a confirm of M2K would skyrocket the interest for this event easily, so to me as a TO, who wants a full tournament and great experience for the players in the best case, an wild M2K at this event sounds pretty appealing tbh :p

I hope this answers all your questions, if not, just keep them questions coming.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
ok but the issue is that my ticket would be sponsored in return for me teaming with this guy in the events so if melee/pm teams don't happen, i can't go. It'd need to be brawl melee pm singles/teams to go
Hm, yeah, I see, that makes sense.
One question though: Would you be 100% confirmed if I added the 4 events?
To me as a TO this is important, because I don't like canceling stuff, so if I was about to add these event, I would like to have you garuanteed at the event, you know? :p

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I would be 100% confirmed as long as no USA national is announced the same date. Its very unlikely, but of course Im not about to skip mlg or something for this. Most likely I will be coming though, but the only chance is if there is pm singles-teams and melee singles-teams. Please let me know what we can do

Ill purchase my own ticket though so dont worry about that part.

i dont play anyone in brawl besides metaknight btw, and sort of ddd or falco

i do play 64 though, in case anyone is interested in small tourney for that (not as important as pm melee obv)

Last edited:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I would be 100% confirmed as long as no USA national is announced the same date. Its very unlikely, but of course Im not about to skip mlg or something for this.
So then it's no 100%, isn't it :p?

As said though, to me as a TO, "most likely" and "possibly" and "ifs" etc. are pretty bad, I need garuanteed stuff to work something out. I fully understand your reasoning, when you say that you would skip this for a US National. Totally understandable. But for me, who would basically add these events mostly for you (Speaking about the PM/Melee TEAMS), I would also like to have the certainty that you are definitely coming, if I do so.

I hope that's understandable for you.

Last edited:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Yea, Im just saying the only way I wouldnt go, is if MLG were announced on this date basically

in which case you would still lose nothing since i am buying my own ticket myself. the odds of that happening are very small anyway though.

Last edited:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Alright, fair enough. So then, I will ask in our Boards what the people think about it, because in the end, this event is for them, so I basically want them to decide what they would prefer (But I am farely positive that they would like this whole thing :p). Is that ok for you?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
yea sure np

if you add the 4 melee and pm events, the odds of me going are VERY high

i dont want to lie to you either tho. And you will not lose anything in the very-small chance I cant go (due to an mlg or something being same date); because I am buying my own ticket myself.

Last edited:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
We def should have all events and confirm this enough in advance so melee and pm players can plan to come too
Uhm yeah, of course I will tell you soon enough.
Right now the interest for it seems to be pretty high. (The addition of the events and M2K)

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Hey guys it's NAKAT. I'd really like to attend this event. I am really sociable and would like to play/party with anyone/everyone. All I need is help purchasing a plane ticket since I can't really afford it. Anything counts!

Also depending on how much $ I win (If any) I would donate some of it back to Germany!

Last edited:

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Personally I think we need to start a donation fund for an international player to come, how about the current 1st ranked player in the tri state, Nakat? Honestly brawl in europe is kinda not that hype anymore for me, the level is just not up to par as in the states + now that leon left it's gotten even worse. How about we try beating one of the top players on our home turf? I'm sure they would want a salty runback after that. Just look at what happened with melee, american players actually traveled to sweden to beat Armada.
Let's make it happen!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Personally I think we need to start a donation fund for an international player to come, how about the current 1st ranked player in the tri state, Nakat? Honestly brawl in europe is kinda not that hype anymore for me, the level is just not up to par as in the states + now that leon left it's gotten even worse. How about we try beating one of the top players on our home turf? I'm sure they would want a salty runback after that. Just look at what happened with melee, american players actually traveled to sweden to beat Armada.
Let's make it happen!!!!!!!!
I WOULDN'T LOSE DAWG!

V1CE

Smash Champion
Ima be that surprise come up yall :p Ima give it my best... Repping New York, North Carolina and now Italy :p... Sup Nakat would be nice to play you again... I used to be KnightMare516 haha been a long time... I would help sponsor you but if all the events get confirmed and Jason comes I am already helping him out... Maybe someone else can help you get here... Maybe Ramin :p

NAKAT

Smash Champion
If it's too much you guys should stick to your initial schedule/games. You shouldn't have to change any of that to cater to one person. (This is speaking for anyone and myself.)

Ramin has helped out somewhat for me. Hopefully I get lucky and something else happens! ^_^

Last edited:

V1CE

Smash Champion
I dont think they are switching cause of one person... its just extra incentive... he is one of the best in Melee why nnot challange ourselves in all the games... Support all games ya know... The people seem to like the idea...

HeadofHudet

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
5259-5066-0804
Very interested!

I also gotta ask. Why isn't D3 at the Mid Tier MAX list?

Last edited:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I also gotta ask. Why isn't D3 at the Mid Tier MAX list?
Allowing D3 would kinda destroy the whole Event, as he (semi-)destroys half the cast - if not more.
I thought about adding "D3 without Dthrow" but then again - why should I do that, no one would play him in that case.
So I (Or more we, me and gheb) decided it would be better to leave him out.

HeadofHudet

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
5259-5066-0804
Allowing D3 would kinda destroy the whole Event, as he (semi-)destroys half the cast - if not more.
I thought about adding "D3 without Dthrow" but then again - why should I do that, no one would play him in that case.
So I (Or more we, me and gheb) decided it would be better to leave him out.
Ah, I thought that might be the case. Only thing that limits him in general are top tiers like mk, olimar, ics, etc. Can't argue with that, so I guess I'll just find a new mid tier main to use if I come. But wouldn't there be the same problem considering pikachu? Maybe not as bad as D3, but he WOULD make every fast faller/heavies free + more, and iirc there are more than a handful of foxes, wolfes, sheiks etc. in and around Germany.

Oh, and I'd vouch for PM as an event as well. I can even contribute with a setup myself (knowing that fixing PM setups isn't as easy in europe as it is in the states) if needed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom