• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yestercades Presents: C.O.A. IV - Melee/Brawl/64 - December 20, 2013 - Red Bank, NJ

LLDL

Smash Hero
Tournament Listings Thread

Date:
  • December 20, 2013
Time:
  • Signups 4:30pm - 6:30pm
  • Brackets Start at 6:30pm
80 Broad Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Parking is free on any street in Red Bank after 6:00pm (even if you see a parking meter).

Game(s):
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
  • Super Smash Bros. (N64)
Pricing:
  • Venue Fee: $15.00 (Gives in/out access to all arcade games and facilities until closing)
  • Melee 1v1 Tournament Entry: $5.00
  • Brawl 1v1 Tournament Entry: $5.00
  • Smash 64 1v1 Tournament Entry: $5.00
Rules:

Melee Rules:
APEX 2013 Melee Ruleset
Wobbling is banned :p

Brawl Rules:

Smash 64 Rules:
Chain-Ace's Modified Smash 64 Ruleset

Competition Rules

Competition format is Double Elimination.

• All sets with the exception of the below are best-of-3.
  • Winners Finals, Losers Finals and Grand Finals are best-of-5.
Game Settings

• Mode: STOCK
  • Stocks: 5
  • Handicap: OFF
  • Team Attack: ON
  • Stage Select: ON
  • Damage: 100%
  • Item Switch: NONE
  • All Characters Available
Stages

• The Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Peach's Castle and Dream Land.
  • The first match of a set will always be played on Dreamland.
  • Final destination can be played on in a set with gentlemen's rule (FD may be played on if agreed by both players)
Characters

• All characters are legal.
  • Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage for visibility reasons. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a colour change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.
    Low Tiers are all characters in B tier and below: Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, Ness, Luigi, Samus and Link.
Set Procedure
  • Players select characters for first match.
  • The first match is played on Dreamland.
  • The loser of the previous match selects the next match's stage from the Stage List.
  • The winner of the previous match selects their character.
  • The loser of the previous match selects their character.
  • The next match is played.
  • Above steps are repeated if necessary.

Tournament Poster:
Interest
  • Stranded
  • Sensei
  • Fireblaster
  • cobr
  • Kero

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'd like this to be the biggest smash 64 tournament that I've hosted at Yestercades! Let's make it happen. Let's have two mini majors right before apex, smashacre and COA!

My biggest smash 64 tournament at yestercades was RBR # 13, 3/8/2013 and my second biggest was Comboed On Spawn, 8/3/2012

Let's make this 40+ It's all up to you guys!

The back room will be dedicated entirely to smash 64 for this tournament, and I'll have 6 or 7 setups for the tournament to be run on. It will be sick.

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
Wonderful! I just might make it to this, after all (not fully confirmed, but highly possible).

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I'll go if I don't have stuff for work (though a ride is preferred as lolredbank)

also if Hyrule is legal I'll 100% go :troll:

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm gonna try to get either 8wayrun or clashtournaments

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Seeing a show sorry fellas.

Sensei I might be down to scoob on down to Maryland, I'll let you know.

I'll be at smashacre.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Next stop is this after smashacre. I'm certain we can get a big turnout for 64. Please invade the thread and facebook at will.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Anyone from New york city got a ride for this? I wanna come through for some sb64 practice.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Pretty sure KeroKeroppi and Maliki are coming. Message one of them!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
they're not from nyc dan haha

yo ref hit up Elias Tsigos on facebook and ask him if he and his CREW are coming. he's in eastcoastssb64 but he hasn't responded to anything in weeks, they all knew about this tournament though

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Well I don't have a face book. Is there anyone else, or can someone contact someone for me?

LLDL

Smash Hero
they're not from nyc dan haha

yo ref hit up Elias Tsigos on facebook and ask him if he and his CREW are coming. he's in eastcoastssb64 but he hasn't responded to anything in weeks, they all knew about this tournament though
I know but I thought they passed through nyc when driving down

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
they probably take 87 to the gsp and ride it all the way south to red bank. at least that's what i would do.

actually dan why don't YOU message those guys on facebook from new york city and be like yo dawgs come put your money where your mouths be I'M THE MOTHER****ING TOURNEY ORGANIZER AND COMMAND YOU TO COME

LLDL

Smash Hero
Would you guys be interested in doing Round Robin Pools of like 4 or 5 each into a Top 8 bracket at this, instead of just straight bracket like we usually do? :yeahboi:

Shears

Smash Master
I'm undecided on this tournament. Bloodpeach or breakthrough, are either of you planning on going to this? You know tagging people in posts would be a good idea. You could easily direct someones attention to something. Also I think it's time that smashboards starts catching on to hashtags or 10char tags that can be structured data that has interaction (the smashboards specific hashtag).

10socialmediachars

Maliki

Smash Ace
Would you guys be interested in doing Round Robin Pools of like 4 or 5 each into a Top 8 bracket at this, instead of just straight bracket like we usually do? :yeahboi:
Would the number of entrants play a part in needing pools?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm undecided on this tournament. Bloodpeach or breakthrough, are either of you planning on going to this? You know tagging people in posts would be a good idea. You could easily direct someones attention to something. Also I think it's time that smashboards starts catching on to hashtags or 10char tags that can be structured data that has interaction (the smashboards specific hashtag).

10socialmediachars
You could do a filler quote of them so they get the notification.

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings

I have yet to experience the Round Robin format, so I don't mind.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I have not been able to find housing or find anyone that can give me housing. Unless this changes by tomorrow or thursday, it means I won't be able to make it.

Top Bottom