• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AZ Biweekly #8 Results

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
Brawl Singles:
1. K9 The Great
:metaknight:

2. Silly Kyle :peach:
3. Just Viviff :metaknight: :snake:
4. Maize :metaknight: :rob:
5. Nazo :sonic:
5. Yoshiken :popo: :yoshi2:
7. Air Vault :marthmelee: :snake:
7. SS :olimar:
9. Ravestyle :toonlink:
9. Aaven :marthmelee:
9. Wafty :warioc:
9. Saffy :snake: :peach:
13. Potc :dedede:
13. MeowK :gw: :rob:
13. Moo :metaknight:
13. Ness682 :ness:
17. MBR :diddy:
17. Smiley :gw:
17. Zenix :marthmelee:
17. Yummy
[Collapse= Singles Pro Bracket]

[/collapse]
[Collapse= Pools]
Pools 1:
http://i.imgur.com/RYjuqqE.png

Pool 2:
http://i.imgur.com/FO1tzvB.png

Pool 3:
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1685/7e45169d0238403ba026f91.png

Pool 4:
http://i.imgur.com/nOG0bce.png
[/collapse]
[Collapse= Pools Cut-off]
Pools Cut-off:
-Zenix
-Sad Panda
-Jake
-Relic
-Xerox
-Attila
-Stingerain
-Ja3
[/collapse]

Brawl Doubles:
1. Viviff and Silly Kyle ($60.00)
2. Maize and Heysuess ($30.00)
3. Yoshiken and K9 ($10.00)
4. Moo and Air Vault
5. Wafty and Smiley
5. Saffy and Nazo
7. Ravestyle and Zenix
7. Ness682 and Aaven
9. MBR and Jake
9. JA3 and Relic
13. SLVR and Attila
[collapse= Doubles Bracket]

[/collapse]

Project M:
1. Axe :pikachu2: :marthmelee:
2. Silly Kyle :peach:
3. Nazo :sonic:
4. K9 :ness:
5. Ness682 :ness:
5. TDM :ganondorf:

7. Burnsy :lucas:
7. Smiley :bowser2:
9. Zman :lucario: :squirtle:
9. Rizner :zeldamelee:
9. Relic :lucas: :squirtle:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, does anyone remember who TDM, Smiley, and Zman used in PM Singles? I'm putting together a tournament results archive for PM, and that information would be very helpful :).

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
Had a great time guys, thanks everyone for the fun and hype; thanks Xerox and Aaven, again, for spotting me in doubles/singles.

Updated OP for Project: M, going by assumption of the character they normally always use.

Why was Viviff here?

:018:
He was visiting family in AZ, so decided to stop by a tourney.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
**** it, tournament deserved shout-outs.

K9 The Great: Proud of you man, your passion for the game is honestly what I think is keeping this scene alive and full of life. You held it down for AZ and I respect that.

Silly Kyle: Proud of you too buddy, I'm so glad you stepped it up and put in work to protect AZ's name, you had that fire back in you that I haven't seen lately and I love it. It was great to see AZ united, cheering both you and Shawn on together.

Viviff: Good **** dude, regardless of anything you came in and made this tournament hype as hell and that I can definitely respect. You should come back again whenever you get the chance.

Maize: I'm going to beat you someday, you're one of the people preventing me from reaching that next level of skill. Glad to see you always holding it down though. Lose those Hipster Glasses and I wouldn't be so reluctant to give you a hug. Hipsters don't wear Hipster Glasses my friend.

Nazo: Same bit with Maize, you're one of those people I can't seem to get a grasp on playstyle-wise and overcome. Glad to see you brought it back though since you were clearly sandbagging in Saffy harder.

Air Vault: You son of a gun. Those Marth dittos were frustrating, you always seemed to be slightly ahead of me and obviously I have some practicing and catching up to do before I can try to claim the title for best Marth in AZ, I'll get there though, promise. Also your ZSS was surprisingly good, you should definitely keep her as a secondary as I would love to see you flaunt her a little in Singles and Doubles. GGs.

SS: I pick on you but I actually have a lot of respect for you little guy, playing a character nobody likes and being scrutinized for it is difficult, especially when everyone(including myself at times) johns every time you get a win. You've got my Marth downloaded right now, but since I get my Wii back on Tuesday I'm going to learn the Olimar matchup and master it.

Saffy: Nice to see you come out, I didn't know you were coming and I honestly expected you and Maize to be teaming for Doubles when you did show up so that kind of confused me. I didn't recognize you with the hair at first, looks pretty cool though. You don't have to get me anything for donating that Nazo fund by the way I was just messing around, I was just glad he got to play and you got yourself a partner.

Moo: So now we're ****** Jacket Brothers huh. Good games in tournament, the SD at 70% on your second stock in match three was really unfortunate though and I think you would've taken the set otherwise, but like Greg told me **** just happens sometimes. Thanks for looking out for me when my hand started cramping up by the way, I appreciate it broski. Oh and get on the PR already, you have the skill and deserve a spot.

Ness682: Fun stuff in Doubles man, we have to team again sometime. You gotta just relax and go with the flow though man, I feel like you're way too hard on yourself when you lose, you gotta have fun and just look at it like a learning opportunity, your Ness is only going to continue to improve I guarantee you that much. I was wondering what you were wearing that glove by the way, it was on my mind the whole time haha.

Smiley: Nice to see you buddy. That Airvault salt was intense, gotta watch out for Snake when you're heated bro, rushing in on him is going to get you ****ed up for sure. We haven't played since Vegas so we should definitely change that some next tourney.

Yummy: My chill buddy. I was underestimating that Bowser so much, and then second match in tourney you scared the **** out of me and I almost lost, which was actually pretty awesome because you were Bowser. You and I are teaming for the next tournament for sure so **** whatever Shawn says otherwise haha.

Heysuess: Nice car A-Hole.I liked that one part at the tournament when you were sarcastic. Good times. Start entering Brawl Singles again you scrub, I miss DeDeDe.

zman804

Smash Ace
For PM, I used Lucario and Squirtle, while Relic used Lucas and Squirtle, Also, How did Burnzy get 9th? He beat me and went 2 and 2 as far as I know. Do you have a picture of PM bracket?

Anyway, great tournament, great experience. It ran a little late but what can you do. (Shout outs to PM starting at 11)

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
For PM, I used Lucario and Squirtle, while Relic used Lucas and Squirtle, Also, How did Burnzy get 9th? He beat me and went 2 and 2 as far as I know. Do you have a picture of PM bracket?

Anyway, great tournament, great experience. It ran a little late but what can you do. (Shout outs to PM starting at 11)
Technical error with TioPro, resulting in the loss of P:M bracket and results; everything under 5th placing was pretty much an unordered guess, sorry about that. If anyone can confirm the placings of those below 5th, that'd be cool.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Losing to both 5th places, destiny! This tournament was so awesome! Lots of good upsets thrown around like nobody's business. If only every tournament was as unexpected as this one.

Just Viviff - You were absolutely hilarious, it was great seeing you and all the cocky irony involved.
Nazo - Good stuff yesterday, good games. I was so disappointed that I didn't say "you were too slow" in our pools match.
Yoshiken - Great games. I'm gonna bring it back next time, and learn how to fight that Barney knockoff you call Yoshi.
SS - Win with Olimar = lucky as ****. Lose with Olimar = free as ****. Seems like a fun scenario.
Wafty - If you aren't first. You're last. Congrats on tying with the free-est scrub in AZ, me.
Saffy - Nice seeing you, it's been a while!
MBR - ****. I'm gonna get my revenge next time around >.<
Yummy - Woah, what happened?! Too much random to handle this time?
Relic - Good games, your Fox has gotten a lot better since last time.
Stingerain - Good games, come out more often!
Heysuess -Bridge of Eldin / Mario Circuit quadruple dedede tournament anybody? Yes?

And my gif of the tournament:

#doubles

zman804

Smash Ace
Technical error with TioPro, resulting in the loss of P:M bracket and results; everything under 5th placing was pretty much an unordered guess, sorry about that. If anyone can confirm the placings of those below 5th, that'd be cool.
From what I can gather, Smiley forfeited. Rizner beat Relic. I beat Rizner. Burnzy beat me.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Shoutouts!!!

K9 - I freakin love you
Kyle - I freakin love you
Tommy - Sexy
Nazo - You are so cool!!
Saffy - Cute
Everyone else - You guys rock!!!
:)

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
SHOUTOUTS!!!~ <3 <3 <3

1. K9 The Great

Great job winning the tournament! I can’t believe I cheered for you lol, but it was amazing to see the state so united. Hopefully next time pools will finish faster so I have more energy to focus on beating you!

2. Silly Kyle

Yay <3

3. Viviff the Sexiest

It was so much fun teaming with you, boo!! I had a great time and I am really glad we won. You’re really nice, hilarious, and super kewt. Sucks we had to play in bracket twice, but it had to happen. We had a really hype set with a huge crowd at least. I hope you had fun while you were down here in Arizona. Our scene is pretty sweet and you better get your sexy ass down here again!

4. Maize

I’m glad I got revenge. Thank you for coming with me to McDonald’s. Our first date was fun ;) I just want to say that I am super thankful that I get to see you here at our tournaments even though you live in California. It really means a lot to me that you have that much fun attending our tournaments. Stay free tho <3

5. Nazo

Omg, you did so amazing in both Brawl and Project M! Your Sonic is just getting better and better. It was really fun going on quests with you. Our adventures are the best. I have a feeling that our sets in Brawl might go to time in the near future. :p

5. Yoshiken

I really enjoyed our set!! Your Ice Climbers are getting really good. Hopefully you will drop less grabs in the future because I think you are gonna become an even bigger tournament threat. Your Yoshi was looking really cute too. Stick to them. Screw Pikachu.

7. Air Vault

Thought you were gonna do better than 7th place at this tournament. Keep practicing and I know I’ll see you in top 4 again.

7. SS

Omg I feel completely terrible about your laptop. :( Good job in tournament at least!! It’s hilarious seeing you pass out in chairs when it starts getting late. Lulz

9. Ravestyle

I’m glad you brought Adele with you! She’s super amazing and you guys are a really cute couple. You better start timing out some ******* soon and make them super salty. You got this.

9. Aaven

Aaven, you sexy beast!! You’re such a down to earth guy who’s really funny and super chill. It’s been a pleasure to have you in the scene and I know you’re gonna tipper some hoes very soon. Keep up the good work.

9. Wafty

Wafty! You need to wifi these skanks to death. I know you’re capable of getting top 5. Let’s see you go ham next tourney!!

9. Saffy

Your new hair color is really kewt. It was fun playing you in dubz! I want to see more of your sexy Peach tho.

13. Potc

Thanks for coming out, dewd!!

13. MeowK

Lol.

13. Moo

Ew, you can totally do better than this!!! Omg, it was totes hilarious when we saw you come out the back door and join us on our adventure quest. I love you Flagstaff *******.

13. Ness682

Good job taking a game off Axe in Project M! That took me by complete surprise. You just had a bad day for Brawl. You’ll do better next time. Keep practicing and watching vids and stuff!

17. MBR

Damn, I swear your Diddy is getting really good and it makes me sad to see you place so low. I think your close to taking it to the next level.

17. Smiley

Wow boo! 17th is not a good look for you. Let me know when would be cool to come by your place so we can practice. I promise I won’t flake either!

17. Zenix

Yay! You finally came to a tournament after so long! Your Pikachu 3DS XL is so beast and I’m hella jealous of you. Come out to more tournaments!

17. Yummy

Wow Yummy. It’s like you don’t even care anymore!!! Get it together silly nipples.

Axe – OMG! I’m so glad you lost that bet with K9. I had so much fun playing you in Project M and Melee. You’re such a phenomenal player and I’m so blessed to have the opportunity to play a world class Pikachu/Falco like yourself. Can’t wait for KoCII!!

Ja3 – Nice to see another Tucson player starting to attend tournaments. Your Yoshi is gonna get better if you keep going, so please do!

Relic – You’re way to sexy sometimes. Please tone it down a little. Kthx. You’re gonna make it out of pools next time!!

Sad Panda – Nice seeing you, dude!

Xerox – newb

Stingerain – It feels like it’s been forever since you last came to a tourney

Burnsy – it’s always nice seeing you represent Lucas in Project M. I have a feeling you’re gonna scare us all very soon with him

Rizner – I’m really sad we didn’t get to eat at Denny’s together! Hopefully next time cuz you’re really nice and fun to chill with. Cute Zelda in Project M

Zman – You should focus on playing Peach more!!

Tommy – Sucks your brownie didn’t work. =/

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I forfeited to burnsy, yeah. Didn't feel like really playing

Wait so if Nazi and relic tied in pools why did Nazi get in over him? Did they tiebreaker?

Top Bottom