• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock'em Sock'em March 2013 Results

archer.

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles

1: archer ($108.00) :metaknight: :toonlink:
1: Kai ($108.00) :diddy: :sonic:
3: Ilove ($24.00) :dedede: :metaknight:
4: Lad :falco:
5: Scotty O.B. :wario:
5: Stockfield :snake:
7: H1N1 :fox:
7: Drew :falco: :popo:
9: Goof :peach:
9: 305/blackdragon (313) :snake:
9: Kill :yoshi:
9: Elite :peach:
13: Uncle :bowser2:
13: Luckywind :metaknight:
13: Ereth :marth:
13: Rohan :fox:
17: w00t
17: Bamf
17: Rellec
17: Name
17: Black Magic (DQ)
17: Gear
17: Haunter
17: Sower

http://imgur.com/vQGndUc

Brawl Doubles

1: Shady Doesn't Know (Shady + Scotty) ($54.00)
2: Kai + Stockfield ($27.00)
3: H1N1 + Ilove ($9.00)
4: 2 Vans (Goof + Drew)
5: Van-Proof (Elite + 313)
5: Cook-Out (Lad + Ereth)
7: Team Karl (Papes + Fiz)
7: Lolkats (Luckywind + Sower)
9: Team Name (Gear + Name)

http://i.imgur.com/i1SdlMV.png

Thank you v4extreme for the Melee results

Melee doubles:
Bracket image

1: Leul leul leul caesars + sunrise biscuit kitchen (Dr. PeePee & Twitch) ($56.00)
2: lozr 3D (lozr & TS3D) ($16.00)
3: Teams because reasons (bl@ckchris & yeroc) ($8.00)
4: Umad? (Skywalker & Taheem)
5: Teh Squirt Mistros ($qu!r + & TehSqueeMistro)
5: vnut butter & jwellii (v4extreme & jwillii)
7: Peter & llex (Peter & llex)
7: The perks of being a wallflower (Silence Vecor & Big boy)

Melee singles:
Bracket image

1: Dr Peepee ($141.00)
2: Twitch ($70.50)
3: Lozr ($23.50)
4: Black Chriss
5: Fiz
5: Silence Vector
7: Yeroc
7: Tah
9: APE
9: Beats by Dr.Dre
9: Rohan
9: Forte
13: Fantastic Flan
13: Vista
13: Musical Mike
13: V4Extreem
17: Jwillii
17: Kudzu
17: Graham Jenkins
17: TehSqueeMistro
17: TS3D
17: $qu!rt
17: Bigboi
17: Cmac
25: LLex
25: Black Magic

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
Melee doubles:
Bracket image

1: Leul leul leul caesars + sunrise biscuit kitchen (Dr. PeePee & Twitch) ($56.00)
2: lozr 3D (lozr & TS3D) ($16.00)
3: Teams because reasons (bl@ckchris & yeroc) ($8.00)
4: Umad? (Skywalker & Taheem)
5: Teh Squirt Mistros ($qu!r + & TehSqueeMistro)
5: vnut butter & jwellii (v4extreme & jwillii)
7: Peter & llex (Peter & llex)
7: The perks of being a wallflower (Silence Vecor & Big boy)

Melee singles:
Bracket image

1: Dr Peepee ($141.00)
2: Twitch ($70.50)
3: Lozr ($23.50)
4: Black Chriss
5: Fiz
5: Silence Vector
7: Yeroc
7: Tah
9: APE
9: Beats by Dr.Dre
9: Rohan
9: Forte
13: Fantastic Flan
13: Vista
13: Musical Mike
13: V4Extreem
17: Jwillii
17: Kudzu
17: Graham Jenkins
17: TehSqueeMistro
17: TS3D
17: $qu!rt
17: Bigboi
17: Cmac
25: LLex
25: Black Magic

Edit: I just noticed someone doesn't know how to spell "extreme" O_o

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Had an AWESOME time at this tournament! Prolly gonna change my name to Musical Mike soon since that's what everyone knows me by these days (I sing on YT and voice act). So, I came here with the mentality to simply play competitive people. My matches here were my first matches against competitive people in over 5 months, and all things considered? I'm proud of my progress. Got 13th, something I wouldn't have done in the past, and I learned a lot about where I need to improve as well.

SHOUTOUTS

Peter- Man oh man, it was awesome playing you again! I was humbled by our friendlies and had a wonderful time playing against you. Despite consistently losing, it was a pleasure learning more about this game from our matches and for that, I thank you. I look forward to seeing you in the future. Your Falcon is so beast! Loved losing to it, loved watching it win.

LOZR- OMGGGG LOZR LOL DUDE I CAN'T BELIEVE I SAW YOU HERE MAN ASD;LFSF;LKJ I'm sorry I had to leave without saying anything, I needed to get back home ASAP after my matches. You're still cool as hell, you always will be, and I wanna play you again one day. Grats on placing 3rd at the tournament, you're mad good bro.

The Director- Yet another blast from my past! You're really chill man, grats on beating my Marth w/ DK LOL. That's really something else, isn't it? You taught me a lot about that matchup in such a short period of time. I relate to you in the sense that even though we both are training top tiers, our lower tier characters are still our best. I thought Marth was my best but now I dunno, I felt fluid with Mario haha. Would love to train with you sometime! GGs.

Dr.PP- Best beard ever? Best beard ever. I think you missed a joke earlier when people were calling for a smasher named Kudzu and I was like "Oh that's cool I didn't know PP's beard entered singles LOL" xD. Catching up with you was really wonderful. Even though you're arguably the best player in the world now, I still feel as comfortable around you as I did when I first met you back in 2008, which tells me that you truly are grounded and haven't let your success get to your head. You are my favorite top player, not because you're good though, but because you're you. <3 We'll play matches soon, okay? =) Grats on 1st, champ.

Twitch- Dude are you like 10 feet tall now LMAO it was so great to see you again! You've grown so much since I first met you, I almost feel like an old guy going "YOU'VE GOTTEN SO MUCH TALLER MAH BOI" but it's true lol :). You were super fun to speak with, and sorry we didn't play any matches :( But hey, you got 2nd, so I wasn't gonna really touch you anyway <3. Still, it would be nice to learn from you sometime. I'll try to get wrecked by you at a tourny later =)

Black Magic- Hey dude keep on improving! I'm proud of you for coming to this and attending. I can tell you're in the early stages of learning how to play, but you have potential, I feel. Get your techs down pat and who knows what you could accomplish? You were mind gaming me pretty hard with Samus, threw me off a bit!

Yeroc- Oh goodness. Sir. You wrecked me hard with Falco. But you know what? It's all good, because you taught me so much afterwards in our friendlies. Really wish I coulda played you more, you were really fun to be around and you seem to have a gift with teaching smash as I instantly clicked some concepts after you worked with me. No johns on my end, you beat me fair and square! Gonna train up though for a rematch in the future though! Much love.

V4Extreme- Nice to see you again, man! Didn't know you played rhythm games, so that's really cool. I'll have to take you up on that offer sometime to chill with you and play some In The Groove for sure! And of course, SSBM as well, haha. You're very sociable and it was cool catching up with you. Too bad we didn't play! Maybe next time, right?

TS3D- It was awesome meeting you at this tournament :3. Your Jigglypuff gave me a serious run for my money, and honestly I only really won because I had to calm myself down to play very patiently against you because before I did that, you were reading me hard. Marth's sword is such a dildo though. Just work on your spacing a little more and play a bit more assertively and you'll do better for sure! You have potential, keep playing. Looking forward to a match in the future.

Rohan- GAAAAAAHHHH WHY DID I GO JIGGLYPUFF ROUND 1 I DON'T EVEN PLAY JIGGLYPUFF LOL. But hey, that was my mistake, right? After going Marth, we had really close matches, but you beat me, so you're the better player. <3 Still, they WERE close, so you can bet that I'm going to be training in an attempt to close that gap. Looking forward to playing you again someday, thank you for the tourny experience, and thank you for teaching me some Marth tricks in our matches.

I'm going to try to attend the tournament happening on April 20th, so hopefully I'll see people again soon! Much love NC, keep training me up so I can teach others in SC how to play so I can actually have a training partner LMAO (I literally train alone, I have nobody to play, but I refuse to quit)!

SC Catfish love

SSBM 4 Lyfe

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Kidd why wouldnt you tell SC you were going to this and arrange a carpool. I would have came.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
SHUT UP NOOB, I've used Sonic in tournament before.

I only main Toon Link, Sonic, Marth, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Olimar, and Lucario :D

I will beat you with Sonic the next time we play.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Lol, Lucario and Kirby? Those are not mains they are characters you like to use but would ever use them in a serious tournament set.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
$108. I should have went!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.....there's no way I would get 1st ._.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Kidd why wouldnt you tell SC you were going to this and arrange a carpool. I would have came.
Work. I sing in a choir as a tenor section leader for a church. Needed to be there at 8am this morning. Even though I left immediately following my last tournament match, I still only got home at 11pm, allowing for hardly 7 hours of sleep. Barely made it through the service. Sorry dude, nothing personal.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
good stuff people.

glad my fox beat people.

had to play more ganon than i would've liked, but i had to get corey his moneysssssss

twitch is tall.

see you all again eventually.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I just did it for the fun of playing teams, lol. I was glad to do well, though.

I had fun seeing everybody there. Kidd, good to see you again after so long, glad your enthusiasm has been renewed. I'm happy to see the UNCC people so enthusiastic about Melee still. Can't wait to see the vids posted.

Next time I will have to bring my capture equipment so we can have at least some streaming capability.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
thanks for the vids!

damn my fox got rocked by twitch.

people should watch me vs john. cuz that was a set.

my ganon looks solid now that i have a basic idea of how to play this game. it's still a little rough though. it's a shame i don't think i'll touch this game much in the near future, cause i sense i'm at a tipping point where i could make a breakthrough (especially if i looked at ganon as an actual secondary). guess it'll have to wait until...later.

GaGa

Smash Journeyman
I had so much fun at this tournament. Dont. Even. Know.

Florida - LOVED ALL YOU GUYS. COME BACK SOON. <3

Twitch - nice to see you. come to moar stuff.

Kevin - pfft...how is it that you've gotten better even since the last time I've seen you...hacks.

JD/Bryan/iLove/Stockfield/Jaurice/Craig/Nima/kill/Scotty/Ect brawlers - I Missed you guys. I'm coming back to the brawl scene soon. Expect salt ;)

Chris - Your fox is ugly.

trevor - nice to see you again dude, hope to see you again with more hair xD

$qu!rt - nice talking to you dude. keep working on your falco, even if you dont have people to play with yet.

bones - I'll GET YOU.

moses - I need to visit you in CH. Must do so soon. Dat falcon.

lozr - moar marth dittos. moar moar moar.

jwilli - thanks for helping out so much, fun games too! hope to play more.

anyone else I left out - - - > if you mention me, I''ll mention you. its just that simple :p

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
raleigh people where were you guys!!?!??!!

johnny-good times mahdoo, loool the women in your life

cmac- stop getting kneed 20 times a game

todd- you have me in falcon dittos i have to say... your falco though (get bopped).... other than that... good stories mang and good luck with life

taheem- i think you should stick with marth in the falcon matchup... you just need a little more experience... good **** though

fiz-playing you was really good as a learning experience... id john and say i wasnt playin my best but it didnt seem like you were either so i guess i gotta hold that... so close though...

peepee-yooo thanks for that advice on techchasing i really want to talk to you more about the game, your theories are really really interesting

chris- loool you are a silly fox but you got what it takes... good talkin with you about the game as well

twitch-i liked our friendlies at first..then it seemed like you downloaded the **** out of me and i couldn't do anything for the rest loool good **** though beating lozr

lozr- you are one of if not the most entertaining smasher to watch/play with, you really make me want to play better to keep up but then you look like youre havin the time of your life always loooool

v4extreme- you definitely have gotten alot better since the last time we played. your combos are alright but id work on defense. really you
just need more experience and youre on your way

jwilli- same for you your punishment is pretty solid but you get opened up pretty easily as well. good seein you though. nice edgeguarding

yeroc-good **** in teams i wanted to play you :(

ape-im not sure what youre main is but i think you should stick with one char. fun matches

behr- looooool urban

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
He also used Sonic vs Lad...which was just...ouch

ReSe_Tactiks

Smash Cadet
By the looks of it you guys had a great time. I am glad you did. Too bad you guys didn't get enough of the people that said they were coming out to come so you could have hit that pot bonus. Either way that's how it goes. The FGC side also had big money up and none of them made the brackets for it :/

Next ReSe is in May and I am working on getting that venue for the rest of my life lol. Not sure I can but we will see. However I wanted to let you guys know that whenever we are at the campus that we can setup a stream for Smash if you guys like. I will just need to know who and what is streaming and I will also need to work with them to set everything up at the campus so they will have a wired connection and the appropriate ports opened.

I will be asking around Facebook to see who has a stream setup and who wants to do it at every ReSe. Hit me up on Facebook (rockemsockem Brian Tactiks Peck) if you would like to stream of know of any one that streams.

Thanks so much for coming out guys. Have to say that it has been a pleasure hosting for you guys. You guys do your thing and never get in my way or start any ****. Very cool indeed!!

Top Bottom