• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR 2 - Registration is Now Live at SKTAR.com! - August 3rd, 2013 - Somerset NJ

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
That International Brawl Summer Tournament is back! Interest is already shown from Europe, Canada, South America, Caribbean Islands, and Japan. Continue the hype for the summer!
322 Franklin Blvd​
Somerset NJ 08973​
Saturday
Freeplay: 10:00 am to Noon:​
Doubles starts: 12:00 pm.​
Singles pools starts: near the end of doubles, about 4:30​
Side Event??: 8:00pm​
Sunday
Freeplay: 1pm to 2pm​
Singles Bracket: 2pm​
All Registration will be done online
Venue fee = $30​
Singles = $10​
Doubles = $10 per person ($20 per team)​
Side Event = ?​
$3 dollars off venue fee for bringing a TV!!
$2 dollars off venue fee for bringing a WII!!
The epic food from XSmash will also be sold here! Get ready for Cheeseburgers, Chicken Sandwiches, and KEITARO FRIES!!​
1st: 45%​
2nd: 22%​
3rd: 12%​
4th: 8%​
5th: 4%​
7th: 2.5​
1st: 55%​
2nd: 25%​
3rd: 15%​
4th: 5%​
Conduct Rules
Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.​
The M2K Rule - By entering the tournament you agree to play your matches on the setup requested by a TO whether it be a stream, recording, or non-recording setup​
BYOC (Bring your own controller)​
Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.​
Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation is not allowed and punishable by the TO.​
Ledge Grab Limit is 35 for all characters​
Scrooging Rule: After going under the stage and to the other side, you must land on the main part of the stage at least once before scrooging again (platforms do not count).​
No subbing is allowed for singles or doubles.​
Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue​
Determining Controller Ports/Stage Strike​
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:​
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.​
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).​
[*]* NO REFUNDS ONCE THE BRACKETS ARE MADE FOR AN EVENT.​
[/LIST]​
Starters
Battlefield​
Smashville​
Final Destination​
Lylat Cruise​
Yoshi's Island​
Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium​
Castle Seige​

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!​

I will have a Special Guest or two that never came to the US before! Last time it was Glutonny, who will it be this time? Stay tuned!​

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I've heard good things about this event, even tho its ran by darkies

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Damn it, making me come here even though NJ is a bad state :(

I guess I'll be in Grand Finals again.

Wait...there is a KageMurphy (which is EE) and an EEvisu? That better both be you Phil.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Still waiting for a hype ass trailer, Keitaro. It's gonna be hard for you to outdo the 2nd trailer you made for SKTAR1, but I believe in you ;)
Interested.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm scared as hell to try to beat that last trailer, but I got plans in the work already to surpass it ;D

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Yesss.... It's finally confirmed. I forcefully will make it work so that I can attend with people.
And as V115 said, GL outdoing your last trailer.
Lastly, I'm predicting Masha as one of those who has never been to the US before. Dat Keitaro Falco love right there.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This freeass european bloke shall make an attempt to attend this tourney.

:059:

Still have some of that Apex hype in me, I'm gonna try my hardest to go to this. Hopefully I can bring some other Puerto Ricans with me. :D

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I might be here, its just Impulse is so much closer to me

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I hope someone brings Marvel.
Also, probably going lol
I'm gonna get mollywhopped.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
If dodge ball is there I'm more likely to make the drive to this over impulse

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I hope he goes so I can have more free people in Bracket that can take out top level players :3

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
after checking the flight, I'm not sure I can come, it's just TOOO expansive, I'm just mad now

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hmmm....my brain says no, my wallet says no but my heart...it suffers from cholesterol.

How close is Somerset to Newark?

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Keitaro make sure you put this as Atlantic North, that way it appears on both this forum and the Atlantic North section. I had trouble finding this thread since I was looking in Atlantic North xD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I remember being so hyped at the turn-out of last year's events, i'll totally be watching this one when it comes around....

It just has to be in August, though, doesn't it...? :l

Nup. Not waiting. Gonna invent a time travel machine so I don't have to wait.

... I wish... :(

Player-1

Smash Legend
Sticky?

me, biglou, drn, and gadiel vastar are interested in coming to this, going to try to find some cheap flights

Top Bottom