• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The HYPERphoenix Super Tourney Deluxe ++ | December 29th, 2012

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord

Well guys, I think it was a pretty good run, even through the snow and tio problems leading to a very late start, forcing us to sacrifice doubles. We had plenty of setups, and everyone who brought equipment was able to get their venue fee refunded (except for some of you early leavers...!).

It was sad to see some key MDVA players missing, but oh well. There's always next time.

Elo rankings aren't going to be calculated solely on this tournament, but you should stay tuned for news in the coming weeks.

Comments, suggestions, concerns, and criticism are welcome replies to this topic!

Thank you for attending!!

The HYPERphoenix Super Tourney Deluxe ++
December 29th, 2012

Tournament Staff:
•SypherPhoenix (Head TO)
•MinQ
•Flamingo
•The Squig
•MALVM MALVM

Special thanks to Redd, Ether, The Doug, and Mahone for player organization.

Singles - 42 Entrants

1: Mew2King :marthmelee: :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: :falconmelee:
2: Eggm :foxmelee:
3: Redd :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
4: Smash G 0 D :luigimelee:
5: Velocity :drmario:
5: DoH :peachmelee:
7: Vist :luigimelee:
7: Bones0 :falcomelee:

Winners R2 Pools:
9: Sunshine!
9: The Doug
9: JU4N
9: Oro
13: Metal Reeper
13: ChRed2AKrisp
13: dkuo
13: Wenbobular
17: Big Wenz
17: Brewster
17: Fortune
17: Emma Watson's Boyfriend
21: MinQ

Losers R2 Pools:
22: GIMR
22: Xanatos
22: DJ
22: bubbaking
26: Flamingo
26: Dee
26: Juan
26: EPsilon933
30: INK
30: hot$
30: Darkflame
30: Oza
34: LittleBoyLarry
34: Tongs
34: BSTUK
34: Papa Paint
38: Jippythelion
38: The Squig
38: 20%
38: Whiteboy
42: MALVM MALVM

[collapse="Singles R1 Pools"]1: Redd
1: Mew2King
1: DoH
1: Eggm
1: Vist
1: Velocity
1: Wenbobular
8: Brewster
8: Fortune
8: Emma Watson's Boyfriend
8: Sunshine!
8: The Doug
8: dkuo
8: Oro
15: JU4N
15: MinQ
15: Big Wenz
15: ChRed2AKrisp
15: Smash G 0 D
15: Bones0
15: Metal Reeper
22: DJ
22: Oza
22: INK
22: bubbaking
22: Darkflame
22: EPsilon933
22: GIMR
29: Xanatos
29: 20%
29: Papa Paint
29: Flamingo
29: Tongs
29: Juan
29: Dee
36: LittleBoyLarry
36: The Squig
36: BSTUK
36: Whiteboy
36: Jippythelion
36: hot$
36: MALVM MALVM[/collapse]

dkuo

Smash Lord
lol finally. good job with the tournament :)

shoutouts

Mew2King, Eggm, Velocity, Reeper, Emma Watson's Boyfriend: cool seeing you guys all the way here for the tourney. i only played like 2 of you though <_<
Redd: nice, solid 3rd. we didnt play at all lol (but we did at apex so w/e)
Smash G 0 D: damn good stuff on your bracket performance. i wont be missing my wavelands for you to hit in the future :p gg's
DoH: gg's, nice seeing you again. hopefully i wont get 3 stocked again after the last thousand times we played
Vist: dat brinstar stall battle
Bones0: good **** on beating wenbo again lololol. and gg's
Sunshine!: your sheik is cool, i liked our games. hope to see you around more :)
The Doug: good seeing you again
JU4N: you've inspired me to relearn playing on fod :p i cant handle that stage apparently. gg's
ChRed2AKrisp: stop playing bl2 and come to more events
dkuo: SHOULDA BEEN BRACKET
Wenbobular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUBWxiu5cOo
Big Wenz: lol we didnt play at all either (but we did at apex so w/e)
Fortune: sorry about game 2 LOL
GIMR: keep practicing that falco! it's starting to look real good. or play your sheik or w/e. they're both cool characters :) gg's
bubbaking: good seeing you around the mdva region
Juan: lol, "juan without the 4." gg's
EPsilon933: fun set, gg's. i'll have to work on my consistency
hot$: gg's. you did much better game 2 lol
Darkflame: you're damn good for someone who focuses on brawl. hope to see you around more
Oza: dat ctl pre-knowledge. good seeing you.
Jippythelion, 20%: good seeing you both at tournaments reppin the new cp players :)
mahone: your jiggs is cool. wish we played more
max: again, goooooooood **** with this tournament, and almost singlehandedly keeping mdva alive lol

Bstuk

Smash Cadet
**** man I gotta step it up. Guess I should play patiently and stop running in with nairs every time lololol

Ggs though and thanks for everyone who gave me tips.

Next tournament I can go to will be during spring break... see ya there.

hot$

Smash Ace
thanks again sypher for hosting, the venue was great. and im sure it was a nice break from having people over in your basement.

shoutouts to anyone that I played and or ***** me.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Woo! I'll do way better next time.

Shoutouts:
Vist & SmashGOD: Thanks for the luigi dittos and the lessons--I had a blast playing you guys and learned a lot too. You definitely helped me pick up some slack that I've built up from not playing the past few years.
DoH: Enjoyed our match on Brinstar. Appreciate the advice on the peach matchup, we will definitely meet again.
Bubbaking: awesome samus. Those were fun matches.

Still learning names, so I'm definitely missing tons of people that I enjoyed talking to and playing with.

--Papapaint

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
A week late, but I guess late is better than never. :)

Sypher: Thanks a LOT for hosting this awesome tournament! I really appreciate the tips and advice you gave me about hosing my own event. Here's to future good fortune with your Smash endeavors. ;)
Eggm: Really crazy fox, dude! I'm honored to have actually played it. I'll definitely take a game off you next time, though. ;)
Redd: Thanks for all the advice and the friendliness you always display. :)
SmashG0D: We didn't get any games in here, but we got them later, didn't we? :smirk:
DoH: I really enjoyed the couple of games we had. Your Peach is pretty interesting, compared to what I'm used to.
Vist: I had fun playing against your Luigi. After Papa Paint, you were literally the second Luigi I'd ever played with. Hopefully, I can get a 'serious' match against you sometime soon.
Bones: Lolz, the afterfest doubles games were hilarious! You're a really good Fox, man.
Sunshine: Ugh! I HATE fighting Sheik! (>_<) I tell you, before this year is over, I'll either have learned the Samus:Sheik MU or the Sheik ditto. :smash:
JU4N: Nice seeing you at this event. Hopefully, we'll meet at more of these gigs.
Metal Reeper: Fun games we had. Must be quite the trip, comin' all the way down from PA. :scared:
Chred: Man, that Falcon was too much! Our set was fun and fast-paced, though. :)
dkuo: Good seeing you again. We'll meet more in the future, hopefully.
Big Wenz: Thanks so much for driving me to and from this event. You were such a huge help! :bee: Also, good stuff during the friendly doubles post-tourney. Your spacees are crazy! :crazy:
GIMR: You and I will get 'em next time. We barely missed this time around but the future is ours! :evil:
Bubbaking: I can't believe it! Miss Winners R2 Pools by just one game but get 1st seed in Losers R2 Pools? That's just not right... :facepalm: Better put up or shape up for next time, man. :glare:
Flamingo: Work on that Falcon man! It's really looking up. ;) Too bad we didn't get to team, though. We were on fire during friendlies. :ohwell:
Epsilon: Sorry my Samus lamed you out so hard. I really have a bad experience with Peach, so I'd rather not directly confront them. :(
INK: Nice Samus. It's so cool to find more of each other out there; we're so rare. :oneeye:
Lawrence: You too. I enjoyed our games, even if we didn't have any Samus dittos. :cyclops:
hot$: We only fit in one game, which was fun, but we'll definitely play some more friendlies the next time we meet. ;)
Oza: Your Jiggs was definitely exciting to go against. Still can't believe you landed that one rest on Brinstar... (-_-)
BSTUK: That was a fun MM we had. You'll definitely get better with practice, man, and experience will help you with those janky MUs!
Papa Paint: You were the first Luigi main I'd ever met. It was great playing that MU out for the first time and I had a lot of fun. You're also a really swell guy! (^_^)
Squig: Thanks so much for offering to spot me for Melee doubles! You're a cool guy. Just dedicate some time every now and then to practicing tech skill and stuff and you'll be as good as the rest of us in no time! ;)
Whiteboy: Man, I can't believe we had to face each other in Pools twice. (>.<) Your Fox really isn't too bad. You just need some experience. You're definitely set to improve.
KM: Man, your Fox and Falco are hot. Good games, man!
Mahone: Fun games. :)
Coleman: Yo, it was great running into you again. We should meet up at Vanguard's or SOJ's again. :)

The Upholder

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a ton as usual max!

I'm kinda too lazy to do shoutouts(the thread is old by now anyways), but ggs to everyone I played.

Although I will do one shout, specifically to eggm, because in our pools match he stomped me and I got mad at myself for it. My bad, you're just mad good.

Top Bottom