• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Project M Invitational Showcase Tournament - 1/11/13

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

Apex 2013 was one of the largest Smash tournaments, with the most skilled players in the world. Project M was present only in a small capacity, but we were able to grab some of the best Project M players from across the world for a 16-person showcase tournament.

1: TheReflexWonder :wario:
2: Wizzrobe :sonic:
3: Hungrybox :jigglypuff:
4: leffen :zerosuitsamus:
5: Kage :ganondorf:
5: JCaesar :rob:
7: Vwins :ivysaur:
7: VanZ :peach: :rob:
9: Chu Dat :pikachu2:
9: Kels :falco: :fox:
9: Nintendude :peach: :ike:
9: Strong Bad :dk2:
13: OkamiBW :toonlink: :marth: :sheik:
13: Axe :pikachu2:
13: Umbreon Mow :sheik: :marth:
13: cmart :bowser2:

[collapse="The champions of Project M @ Apex 2013!"]
[/collapse]
Congratulations to Reflex, Wizzrobe, and Hungrybox for the wins, and enjoy the trophies! You all have truly proven yourselves to be among Project M's top players. And big thanks to all the players for taking time away from the other games to participate. Also thank you to everyone who came by our booth during this fantastic weekend to join us playing the game we love! It was great meeting and hanging out with you all. And special thanks to Alex Strife for giving us prime real estate at the front of the venue. We really captured a lot of people's attention here (including ScrewAttack.com's!).

Videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4LKYM4pmEd9fjbJNuSY_CCjKUIcTav9F

If you are new to Project M, you can download it here. Also, follow us on facebook and twitter!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Vwins beat Kels Fox/Falco with Ivy?

o.O

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Lol Reflex I'd never seen you. I'm suprised how much your face looks like Wario's.

Well, it makes me think of Wario.

:wario:

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
This was awesome guys, thanks for participating in this awesome event.

Congratz to Reflex for winning!

Scythe

Smash Master
I caught a lot of these matches live, some real good stuff to see in the replays. Played reflex in some friendlies and he's pretty damn good. Deserves the win. Wish I had got the empty mango spot : /

cmart

Smash Lord
Enjoyed playing and more importantly meeting so many good PM players. It's amazing that this game is being taken this seriously, even before full release.

Hope to meet and play with all of you many more times in the future.

Hashtag

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff guys. Hopefully ill get to play reflex in March.

:phone:

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Wow, I personally would never have predicted those results based on the characters used. I definitely wanna see all the tournament videos now to see some top level project m. I feel like a complete scrub now lmao

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
wish i wasn't asleep when you guys needed some subsitutes. It would have been great to give Pit some good rep.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Can't wait to see the vids! :D

Good stuff to Leffen on rampaging through Losers'!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
wish i wasn't asleep when you guys needed some subsitutes. It would have been great to give Pit some good rep.
I was thinking I wish I showed up when I found out Armada wasn't entering.... I wanted to shoot arrows at some really good players from 2 miles away:cool:

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
So looking forward to the videos!

whats up with axe loosing to strongbad (okay, DK got nice buffs) but then after that to a Fox/falco player? Shouldn't that MU be even better than in melee for him? What happened?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
lol I got exposed. Wizzrobe's Sonic is really cool though. He's definitely the future of that character. I still think Peach wins that matchup but I straight-up got outplayed.

Scythe

Smash Master

whats up with axe loosing to strongbad (okay, DK got nice buffs) but then after that to a Fox/falco player? Shouldn't that MU be even better than in melee for him? What happened?
kels falco is too strong

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Played Wizzrobe a few rounds, scary good. Nice win by Reflex though. Can't wait for matches

D

Deleted member

i guess i'm a little salty about playing virtual single elimination.

i would have liked to play nintendude more. i'm still absolutely convinced that ike has serious holes to his game but going into the set blind makes it pretty difficult to prove.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice

To be honest, I'm surprised whenever I see Donkey Kong lose at all.

SpiderMad

Smash Master

i would have liked to play nintendude more. i'm still absolutely convinced that ike has serious holes to his game but going into the set blind makes it pretty difficult to prove.
Ike was really nerfed in 2.5 if u also didn't know

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium

I'm salty my controller got stolen and we didn't get to play.

Top Bottom