• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.X.Y: The Documentary?! Results (LA, CA) - feat Mango, SFAT, Fly Amanita, Westballz

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
O.X.Y: The Documentary?!
@ Arian Education Center, hosted by Team OXY
September 23, 2012

Doubles (6 teams)
1. :falconmelee: :foxmelee: :falcomelee: Westballz + :icsmelee: Fly Amanita
2. :falcomelee: Sung + :falcomelee: Stab
3. :linkmelee: J666 + :falconmelee: :foxmelee: Khepri
4. :falconmelee: Hairynipples + :falcomelee: RC
5. :foxmelee: Dantefox + :foxmelee: TipZ
6. :falconmelee: Practiceman + :luigimelee: 2jar

Singles (23 entrants)

1: Mango :foxmelee: :falcomelee: :falconmelee:
2: Fly Amanita :icsmelee:
3: Westballz :falcomelee: :foxmelee: :falconmelee:
4: Sung :falcomelee:
5: Stab :falcomelee:
5: J666 :linkmelee:
7: SFAT :foxmelee:
7: TipZ :foxmelee:
9: Anto Park :samusmelee:
9: Dantefox :foxmelee:
9: HairyNipples :falconmelee:
9: RC :falcomelee:
13: TheCrimsonBlur :marthmelee:
13: gsub :jigglypuffmelee:
--pools cutoff--

(note: SFAT and Mango came hella late but we just let them enter bracket)

Pools:
Pool 1

Pool 2

Pool 3

1: Westballz :falcomelee: :foxmelee: :falconmelee:
1: Fly Amanita :icsmelee:
1: Sung :falcomelee:
4: TipZ :foxmelee:
4: J666 :linkmelee:
4: Stab :falcomelee:
7: HairyNipples :falconmelee:
7: gsub :jigglypuffmelee:
7: Dantefox :foxmelee:
10: Anto Park :samusmelee:
10: TheCrimsonBlur :marthmelee:
10: RC :falcomelee:
13: Zio :falconmelee:
13: Dendy Pretendy :jigglypuffmelee:
13: Combofest :falconmelee:
16: Vahag :falconmelee:
16: 2jar :luigimelee:
16: Wha? :sheikmelee:
19: Saca su moto :sheikmelee:
19: Cablecho :falcomelee:
19: Brandon Hatfield :sheikmelee:

Will be uploading results to The Smash Player Database soon.

[Character icons are my best guesses. Correct me if I am wrong on any of them.]

Hope you all had fun! :)

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Shoutouts

Sung: gj in the tournament. Keep that team OXY pride flowin'. I really appreciate all your hard work.
Westballz: Your random facebook message yesterday thanking me for TOing and saying my Marth's gotten a lot better seriously made my day. Homie fo life.
Fly Amanita: I know its sorta awkward how much I gush about your ICs but if you can't tell IM A FAN. <3
Hairynips: Thanks for all the help dude. The Nawgin saved my life. Your falcon is getting so much better. Cool dude, great player, and the hairiest nipples. What more could you want? ;)
SFAT: I hate to root against you cause I really respect your play but Sung's mah boy. You know how it is. Thanks for coming out, and its always a pleasure to see you. We've never really talked but we've gotta chiiilll
Mango: lol I know you won't read this but in case you do, thanks for coming out
Dantefox: awesome set. I'll get you next time tho booooiii. thx for drivin SB down, you guys are always welcome.
Cablecho: good **** coming down and tight set. Your falco's sick.
Saca: my mans. The most lovable member of the smash community. I see that sheik has been puttin in WORK in the lab. Keep grindin young one.
TipZ: I gots you next time. You're hella good but I'm sick of getting out clutched xD
Jesson: Don't test my reactions, son.
Stabby: Good **** in tourney, I wish I got to see your SFAT set you know I'd have been wildin out. Thx for drivin Irvine up you guys are the best.
Anto PARK: nice job making bracket dude. That Samus just keeps getting better and better.
Combofest: the salt makes us stronger! Haha you're hilarious dude. Sucks about the results but it sounds like you had a great time.
gsub: You're so smart! dat clutch rest, yo.
Dendy: :/
Zio: Just so you know, after the tournament was over, people said "yo who's that asian falcon? Hes hella good!" Trust me we're noticing your improvement homie
2jar: Your play is night and day from 6 months ago. I think we've both gotten better. Now all youve gotta do is start stackin those wins ;)
Wha: yo taking games off Combofest and Sung? Why did I not notice this at first. Good ****. Hook me up with those thursday smashfest details you know I'm always down.
Brandon Hatfield: my mewtwo>your sheik. lets get it friday. I'll be practicing.
Vahag: didn't get to talk to you much but you know its always love
RC: nice seeing you again. Hella impressive that you made bracket with this level of competition.

AND FINAL MOST IMPORTANT SHOUTOUT TO:

SAMOX THE KING OF ALL HOMIES. So much awesome work for the community. Socal's totally going to have a group viewing of the doc when it releases. You're the best and I can't wait to see you at other tournies. <3

Twinkles

Smash Lord
People I should've played this tournament but didn't:

SUNG- Thanks for the love on my tag lol, love watching ur falco go to work =]
STAB- Will keep your channel views on YT up lol, let's play when we get the chance
MANGO- Pretty much left moment this dude walked in. I'm so ****ing stupid =[

People I did play:

CRIMSONBLUR- TO'd my very first tournament and jesus it was fun. One of the coolest dudes out there, always looking forward to another chance to play you dude. PS, heard you 4-stocked J666 in pools, GOOD ****
HAIRYNIPPLES- Your Falcon is awesome and you were such a bro at this tournament. Can't wait to play you again and learn new **** <3
VAHAG- Incredibly fun matches with you dude, our pools matches were so mindbendingly close! Hope to see you around =)
J666- I got destroyed by your secondaries =[ Haha, coolest Link I've seen, can't wait to play you again =]
TIPZ- Got a game off you in pools, YOU'RE SLIPPING SON
CABLECHO- Need your real name on FB, will take you up on a MM whenever I got time <3
ANTOPARK- Will find a way to ghey out that Samus next time, watch out ;D
DENDY- Less Falcon dittos next time :p
WESTBALLZ- ***** in pools. Hard =(
COMBOFEST- Good Falcon, would play again =)
SACA- Had me on the edge of my seat game 2 in our pools match. I clutched out then, but I dunno if I could do it a second time o-O
HATFIELD- Your tag is ugly :D Sorry I had to leave in the middle of our friendlies, hope we can play more some other time D:

EDIT:

SAMOX- You're such a conversationalist <3. I'm a big fan of the documentary work you've done so far, can't wait to see the finished product, and can't wait to see you at future tournies (hopefully, you won't be too busy for some good games) =).

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
I said it before and I'm saying it again: This venue has EVERYTHING a melee tournament venue should have; AC, space for setups, doesn't end early, oh and run by Team OXY.

Sung: Damn dude ive seen you go from that scrubby little falco that you were into a mix between my tech skill and zhu's patience. I thought u beating sfat the first time was a fluke but it obviously wasn't. Stop playing scrubs and start playing top lvl players so u can learn how to zone. That's your only weakness and i feel like if you learned that u would be close or even better than me. Also sry for having to go home i just had an emergency and u really came through for me and i thank you alot for it. Good job driving all the time and picking me up every tourney. Your a true champion.
Westballz: Oh man, the love is so deep right now. I thought about it too with the eating before going home and even though it was my car I didn't want to be selfish. I felt like I played very composed and was thinking the whole time EXCEPT when I played you, it's really frustrating and exhausting. You also play an essential part of the scene as well and I know that no matter what tournament it is, we'll always have a **** dude to compete against to get first. Your whole shoutout was beautiful.
Hairy Nipples: Yea, I think you deserve to be called by your tag. Thx for the words, and I also think you have a TON of potential it's ridiculous. Man you just add something special to every tournament and I love seein ya around.
RC: You're one of the top in my list, I don't think you realize how much I love YAMIYAMIYAMIYAMI I think it's the sickest thing of all time. Also good job beating Combofest and GSUB, you will definitely do well if ya keep stickin with it.
Fly Amanita: Warmed my heart when you congratulated me, gj beatin Wes again and it's always great to see you laughin in the sides when watching dumb things happen
The Crimson Blur: Man you already know, freakin amazing dude. I don't think yall know what we, what HE goes through for Team OXY. Anyone complaining about venue fee is just downright ignorant and the venue was SUPPOSED to close 9-9:30 so that Crimson could take Samox to the airport at 11 PM after eating but NO he looked around, saw people having way too much fun, and he gave me the keys and took Samox to the airport and came back so everyone else could play more melee. Gj beating Dendy definitely goin to the top...of the bottom hohoho
J666: Dude I might just have to call you JSex from now on, that sounds ridiculously good. Why are we the best PM doubs players in the world? I admit your Link beat my Wolf, but if it ain't Falco it's done! Always love talkin with ya and I hope to seeya again this Friday.
Khepri: Yo, you messed up not enterin singles :/
TipZ: Your fox is very technically consistent, unfortunately I don't know what to tell you on playing vs Falco and I especially don't know what to tell you playing vs Marth LOL I think you're close to getting ranked
DanteFox: Thanks for comin out, definitely hope to see you again when we host another in Tarzana, also Crimson will beat ya at that time
CableCho: Lol lost to everyone, I KNOW that's not CableCHO. Hopefully you'll remedy that the next time this comes around.
Sacasumoto: Meh. Already told ya stuff on fb, and I'm glad you're workin to get better even though you're kinda new.
Dendy: Beats J666. Still doesn't make it out of pools. LOL.
Combofest: I'm sorry but shots will be fired. There really is no excuse not making it out of pools. You play with Stab, so you should know the matchup unless Stab just doesn't tell you anything or he just goes secondaries on you the whole time. You should know the matchup enough to beat RC but no, 2-0. You not making out of pools isn't even the biggest upset, Dendy not making it out is crazy. In any case though, you know there's no hard feelings but I don't know what your goal is for smash, you can't expect to go to a tournament without working hard and expect to make it out of pools.
Stab: Telling me to stfu when I'm trash talking Combo doesn't help a thing, it's not preparing him for eventual hype matches, doesn't do anything. Gj beating SFAT though, but if your controller breaks you should seriously consider just buying a new one and taking months to break that one in, cause I don't want you to pull a Wes and have controller johns for over a year.
Valhog: You should definitely switch your tag to this, it's freakin sick!
ZEO: Maybe even all caps looks nice, didn't get to play ya but we definitely should I gots knowledge to drop :]
SFAT: Nice games but I think you shouldn't go in with a defeatist attitude against me just go in hard and have fun
Wha?: Super appreciate you comin, you really need to think about...no, you just really need to think. Play differently than how you normally do, try all of these new things and you'll slowly get out of your bad habits and figure out more options to do in different scenarios.
Brandon Hatfield: I think you made a HUGE improvement, still needs a ton of work on fundamentals and I think I can help with that a lot this Friday at Occidental if that's what you really want
2Jar: I also you think you improved a LOT. Great work beatin CableCho, hope to seeya this Friday.
GSUB: Always a pleasure
Anto: Love your sarcasm and the way you talk it's freakin great
Samox: Good work for the whole melee community I know your final product will be amazing keep it up bro

Ggs everyone and I'll seeyall at the next Team OXY tournament!

Wieners

Smash Apprentice
What a great tournament. Watched a ton of great games. Played against a bunch of great players. Learned some stuff. And a venue less than 15 minutes away from my house. What more could I have asked for?

Shoutouts

TheCrimsonBlur: You badass. Hosting such an amazing tourney, contacting everyone and setting everything up. Picking up Samox and dropping him off. You put in work. I'll be practicing for that MM on Friday ;)

Sung: Good to hear you think I've improved. I think I'm doing alright for a little over a month =). Good job on that clutch set with SFAT. That was mad hype. I'll take up your offer for some fundamentals training.

Anto: Keep being yourself. And keep calling out my dumb mistakes cause I know it'll help me stop making them. I'll beat your samus someday.

Combofest: Good pools set. Your R.O.B. needs work.

Hairy Nipples: We didn't play eachother the whole day! I'll play you on friday if you go to Occi. You're a nice guy and your falcon looks mad good. Thanks for bringing the free Nawgan =).

Fly Amanita: You're amazing =D. Didn't play you in melee but I did play you in P:M. Super happy I got to fight that D3 and I hope I can play you in P:M again sometime. Improve my sonic and give you some sonic practice since I think myself and shroomed are the only Norcal/Socal sonic mains.

DanteFox: You ***** me in pools with your hipster fox (I played him before he was top tier. lol). First time seeing you at a tourney and you're pretty good =). Good playin ya.

RC: Start going to stuff with Jake! Your falco is sick!

J666: P:M Link is godly and you know it you melee purist. Good playin friendlies with you and I'll get you in pools/bracket someday.

TipZ: Thanks for breakin in my controller a little bit for me. Didn't play with ya the whole day but it was nice talking to you on the way to the venue =).

2Jar: Many, many, many thanks for giving me a ride to the venue AND offering to drop me off back at Santa Monica. That's a pretty out of the way drive from where you live. I'll play you on Friday assuming you're going to Occi.

Vahag: Good talkin to you on the ride to the venue and good friendlies! Your falcon is really good, you just gotta stop going to deep for those fast fall stomps haha.

GSub: Your sober decision making is miles ahead of your stoned decision making. Stop that lol.

Stab: Good set in pools (even though it was nowhere close). Cya at Occi.

Wes: You're a lot nicer when you're not high. You kinda turn into a **** =/. You're miles ahead of me but I'll catch up someday.

Dendy: I know missing rests sucks but you gotta chill D: No more denting tables and bloody knuckles <3

SFat: Cool watching you play. You'll get sung next time (NOT!).

zEo/Oliver: Good playing you at Alex's house. Sucks you didn't make it out of pools but there was a lot of good people. Start going to Occi smashfests and you'll get em next time.

Wha?: Good to play you again. Cya around.

Mango: You're Mango. Demolish Armada.

And the one and only Samox! Keep up the great work on the documentary. We all know it will be amazing when it's done.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Wes - I'm pretty salty about the MMs haha. I'll try to work what you told me into my game!
Fly - It still feels like we're worlds apart but I know that one day I'll beat you...eventually lol
Mango - jesus, you are so good. It's awesome to watch/play you, plz come to more stuff
Nips - you're getting really good man. Tai just texted me saying you're gonna be the next big falcon lol
Zac - It's unfortunate you had to go out like that, but in the end you're the winner cuz you got dat _________
Sung - We would have won teams if my controller didn't break, guaranteed
j666 - i'll take u beating nips as a sign u got over your falcon weakness haha
Gsub - good job on the revenge win and getting 3rd seed in ur pool
Dendy - bro, take it from someone who used to get REALLY mad, u gotta calm down when u play, that's the only way you'll play your best melee
brandon - i have yet to form an opinion of you, just keep coming to tournies and getting better tho haha
paul - your pool was tough dawg, don't worry about it, plus gj beating dante
dante - glad to see you not playing secondaries and going all fox, good stuff
chooo - good seeing you and I hope my advice made at least a little bit of sense lol
anto - See anto, i told u that you would make it out of pools. Your bracket was a bit unlucky tho
tcb - Thanks for hosting bro. admittedly the seeding for pools was alright, though I suggest that you let me help seed next time. Also, I don't know how possible the venue fee thing is but I highly recommend you take the entire fee off for a setup.
RC - dood, all your jokes are pretty well timed. You are indeed a funny guy lol. Go to more tournies!
TipZ - you need more confidence in your fox dude, it ***** hahahaha
Saca - saw u getting the best practice of your life near the end of the tourney lol
vahag/2jar - you guys are awesome, show up to stuff more often
wha? - thanks so much for the controller parts man, it means a lot!!
Samox - man, you are such a cool guy. I'm really glad I got to meet you, and I'm super duper looking forward to the finish product of all your hard work and interviews. Keep it up, the community needs people like you!

SacaSuMoto

Smash Journeyman
@sung and crimson. thanks. i did not perform the way i wanted to this tournament, but that's fine because i learned a lot about what i need to improve on so that i bring it hard next time.

pools: haha good matches guys. tournament matches have a totally different feel from friendlies and i need to get used to that. anto i am gunning for you next time we meet in tourney my g4y sheik will win.

@stab LOL yeah playing in friendlies mango was pretty fun and interesting, i will try to get some more in next time i see him.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
crimson: big ups on such a great great tourney. The last two socal tourneys dante and I went to were a HUGE letdown, but you and sung just showed everyone how its done. Looking forward to Kings of Cali (hopefully I can make it). your marth is pretty good, but you'll never beat my boy DanteFox
Sung: ditto to you on running such an awesome event. Hype match beating SFAT, thanks for winning me that dollar from Paul haha
Stab: your advice did make a lot of sense and I thank you for that
Samox: the community can't thank you enough to document all of this. the final product is gonna be awesome and I can't wait
Dante: thx for driving, it meant a lot. great job in the tight sets you had and making it out of pools. team SB taking out team 818! Team mm was fun, nice 2v1 comeback
Alan: really fun that you came with us. I'm glad to see you so motivated, and i'm sure you'll greatly improve in no time. Ask joejoe for that sheik advice
Jake: Even though I was guilty of it, you are spot on about people who didn't make it out of pools. and youre reeeeally good at this game man, you have that natural talent that is rare in a lot of players. I can see you being top 10 in socal really soon. Keep up the motivation.
wha: fun mm, keep up the good work.
Jesson: sexy link, and hella fun chilling/playing friendlies with ya
Paul: I feel your pain. We'll both make it out of pools next time. Sidebets were fun hahaha.
Anto: my other Irvine homie. chillin with you and paul is one reasons I enjoy socal tourneys
Tipz: same as Jake, youre really good. I can see you making top 15 in socal. nail-biter vs. sung's marth! cost me a dollar haha
Dendy: sidebets were fun, we broke even. i'll get that puff next time
no tag?: get a tag haha. fun friendlies
wieners: haha everyone was bashing you for playing project m, but it was all in good fun. hope to see you take on more melee.
fly: had to try samus haha. your icies continue to amaze me
other pros: you guys are so good at this game. It's definitely humbling to watch your matches live

extended shoutouts to crimson, sung, and stab:
what you guys do for this community def needs to recognized. Socal is very blessed to have you guys do what you do to keep this community active and alive. I'm sure I speak on behalf of Socal when I say THANK YOU =)

Top Bottom