• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WABA - *Road To Apex* - $500+ Pot Bonus! - Less Than a Month Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRN

Smash Lord

WABA is a special name for us Georgia/Alabama players. For many of us, it was our very first brawl tournament, our first step into the competitive brawl scene, and where we met people who became awesome friends. Back in the day, WABA was pretty much the heart of the GA brawl scene filled with some experiences we'll never forget, but unfortunately the business eventually closed down after years of awesome tournaments. This tournament is a tribute to our old experiences and the people we met at WABA, and by doing so we hope to create an amazing experience for anyone that comes. This tournament will hold both brawl singles and doubles, $400+ added to the pot, $50 for the car that drives the furthest to get here, free housing for a lot of people, and thanks to the Alabama Smash League (ASL) all (or at least the vast majority) of our setups will be recording setups! Just about every single tournament match will be recorded and uploaded to youtube. This is WABA, be there!

215 Advantage Drive
*******, GA 30040

If you're coming from the Movies 400 side then the road is RIGHT before you drive over the 400 bridge on your right, if you're coming from the other side then it's right after the bridge on your left.
*Pictures Coming Soon*

*May change according to attendance*

Door Fee will be set to $10
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)

Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles ($400 Pot Bonus)

1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 10%
4th Place: 5%
5th Place: 3% (x2)
7th Place: 2% (x2)

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles

1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 15%
4th Place: 5%
5th Place: 2.5% (x2)

*Schedule is subject to change*

We will be selling pizza and drinks at the venue throughout the day*

Time Event
9:00am-11:00pm Registration
11:XXpm Brawl Doubles Begin
3:00 - 4:00pm Food Break
4:00pm Brawl Singles Begin

Brawl (MK Legal)
[collapse='Brawl Singles/Doubles']

MK Legal Ruleset

Starters
:smashville::battlefieldb:
:fdb::yoshisb::lylat:
Counter Picks
:halberd::ps1:
:castlesiege::delfino::rainbowcruise:​
3 stocks
• 8 minute time limit
• Items are set to “Off” and “None”
• All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
• Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape glitch and Extended Cape glitch are banned.
• There is a ledge grab limit of 35 for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the ledge grab limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their ledge grab limit, then this rule is ignored.
• The act of stalling is banned.
• If time runs out, the winner of the match will be the one called out by the game. If it goes to Sudden Death, then it is determined by percentage. If the percentage and/or both players die at the same time as a result of a suicide move, a one stock 3 minute tie break match is held. Ledge grab limits are reduced to 13 for Meta Knight and 18 for all other characters.
• The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganondorf suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.
• DSR is on unless replayed stage is agreed upon

Doubles specfic rules:
-Double mk teams are banned. Only one metaknight is allowed per team.
-Team attack=on
-Life Stealing allowed
-Ports for team 1 are 1 and 4. Ports for team 2 are 2 and 3.

Conduct
• In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the tournament organizer. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the tournament organizer reaches the station, the player that unpaused loses a stock.
• Users of the Wii Remote must take out the Wiimote's batteries. If problems persist due to the Wiimote, the owner of the Wiimote may be disqualified.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
• The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
[/collapse]

Currently the best way to travel at a cheap price within the ATL South is the Megabus. There are direct routes to ATL from Florida, Alabama, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Louisiana. Prices can be as low as $1 if you buy your ticket early!

The closest airport to the venue is Hartsfield-Jackson which is about an hour away. If you are flying in contact me so i can either drive you myself or find someone to pick you up. The address for it is 6000 North Terminal Parkway Atlanta, Georgia

We are also giving away $50+ to the 2 cars traveling the furthest to this tournament.

Contact the following people if you are in need of Housing. Will add more soon

DRN(2X Spots)25 minutes away from the venue
[collapse='Confirmed Spots']1-True Blue
2-Ryo
3-Ed
4-Trump
5-Seibrik
6-Kuro
7-Mink
8-GDX
9-MVD
10-DJ Jack
11-ESAM
12-Nick Riddle
13-Shaky
14-Planky
15-DMS
16-2-DJeff
17-Exdeath
18-D-Torr
19-Awal
20-Spark
21-Chess
22-Puma
23-Dust
24-LoliLovesRain
25-8Bitman
[/collapse]
Player-1(10 Spots)15 minutes away from the venue
[collapse='Confirmed Spots']
1-Sync
2-Illmatic
3-PJ
4-Trela
[/collapse]

If you plan to attend then please list what you are entering and if you are able to bring any set ups or TVs

WABA Pre-registration

Everyone who needs housing must fill this out. We will be able to help everyone out but we need to know who needs it. Everyone who also fills it out will get a free piece of cake at the venue from me like they did at BBC ;D

Facebook Event

Players Location Brawl Set Up TV ESAM FL 1 x
Fatal MA x x
Nick Riddle FL x x
TheReflexWonder AL 1 1
Will NY 1 x
San NY x x
Ryo FL x x
MVD FL x x
MJG KS x x
Kingtoon PA x x
Shaky FL x x
HRNut FL x x
Seagull Man MD/VA x x
Stingers NC x x
Kismet GA x x
BigLou GA x x
Seibrik FL x x
Denti TX x x
Pelca NE x x
Kadaj VA x x
Sync TX x x
Asa USA x x
GDX FL x x
Papa Mink FL 1 0+
DRN GA 2 2
Player-1 GA 1 1
Micaelis GA 1 1
Cam AL 1 2
Dynomite GA 1 3
FrozenHobo GA 1 1+
Player-3 GA x x
Hichez GA 1 2
Mc Pe GA x x
Billy GA/AL x x
Zeke GA 2 16
AML?! GA x x
Alby GA x x
Scatz GA x x
Player-2 GA x x
Saltix GA x x
JTMerrell TN 1 1
Dotcom PA/NC x x
Kola AL x x
Uncle NC x x
AWAL FL 1 1
Cheap AL x x
Ty AL x x
Blue SC/AL x 1
Stockfield NC x x
313 NC x x
allshort GA x x
Gadiel_VaStar GA x x
DJ Jack FL x x
2-DJeff FL x x
Kuro FL 1 x
Caesura GA x x
Hero? GA x x
BBQ GA x x
SFA VA/AZ x x
Sneakytako OH x x
Kel OH x x
Zinoto MI x x
Ed FL x x
Trump FL x x
Zatch GA x x
True Blue FL 1 x
NETOmx Mexico x x
Planky FL 1 x
Ingulit AL x x
Airslash NC 1 x
TheKmanOfSmash TN x x
DMS FL x x
P2W Doom Bot GA x x
Exdeath FL x x
Tesh TX 1 x
D-Torr FL x x
Napos NM x x
Spark FL x x
Awal FL x x
Chess FL x x
Puma FL x x
Dust FL x x
FourTy GA x x
8Bitman FL 1 x
Ishieymoro NJ 1 x
Iblis GA x x
Mister Eric KY x x
Gq NC 1 1
Killanator NC x x
KoozyK NC x x
teegeekay GA x x
Spade AL x x
Player-4 GA x x
Tricky Shadowe FL x x
SSBBDaisy FL x x
Lolilovesrain FL x x
Flea GA 1 x
Umby GA x x
Bon Re FL x x
Karinja GA x x
Blind AL x x
DC FL x x
Lad FL x x
No.9 TN 1 1
Gallax FL 1 x
2link121 FL x x
iPresea~ FL x x
ZOM~B GA x x
Yiff GA 1 1
Zano TX x x
Disqo_Bunny TX x x
pwii TX x x
DLA CHI x x
Esca TX x x
RunCT TX x x
Shadow1PJ TX x x
Mike G GA x x

Total 117 28+ 35

Brawl will receive Apex 2013 seeding points, being a qualifier. Apex 2013 is the biggest smash tournament in the nation, so take this opportunity to step your game up and earn some seeding points for the grand event.

1st – 1024 points
2nd – 512 points
3rd – 128 points
4th – 64 points
5th – 16 points
7th – 8 points
9th – 2 points
13th – 1 point

For more info, please visit the official Apex 2013 Website: www.apex-series.com

The Alabama Smash League(ASL) will be recording EVERY tournament bracket match and uploading. Check out their website(click logo) and Youtube Page to find the videos! They will also be helping set up a livestream which will be announced later.

Every Wii will have SD cards in them with the forced replay hack so if you are playing a Tournament Match make sure to SAVE IT TO THE SD CARD. If you are playing Friendlies then SAVE IT TO THE WII

*Special Thanks to Zeke for letting us use his venue and for helping us set everything up along with donating $200+ to the pot!!

Another Special Thanks to Hichez for doing all the graphics for this tournament besides the ASL one*

DRN

Smash Lord
Um...I can't bring a TV @_@ I can bring a Wii, though.
Fixed. That was a mistake on my part. Meant to put wii

Btw Dynomite will be making a Hype Video for this once we get more confirmed players!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Ban Halberd and the stage list is perfect
However, I'm going to have a hard time getting out to this due to metaknight

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I'm confirmed of course. If anyone really needs housing, my place is probably on the way back for a lot of you. It's in Auburn, which is 2 1/2 hours away from the tournament going South on I-85, but if you are going that way anyway to go home, then feel free to stay the night.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'll think about it. If I come, then I'll just be coming to see if I can livestream.

So let me know the internet speeds of the place.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Confirm me! Bringing a Wii and possibly a television, depending on if my vehicle is full or not, I doubt it will be though.

Back to watching Pokemon now...

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I can bring 2 t.vs and a brawl setup. I might provide rides for people who meet me at the north spring marta station. I would have 4 seats. I'll make promises at a later date.

:phone:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Will be stopping by to show the love for GA.

I'll..just need to play a lot of Brawl to make sure I'm not on that "Free" status

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Well i'm from PA(Philly to be exact) but i'll be in SC for school. I think i'm technically with the NC smash scene. I'll be taking Megabus from Charlotte.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
most likely....

megabus doesnt let us check the prices this far in advance, farthest we can see is september

soooo guess late augest/early sept. we'll see what the deal is for gettin there

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
most likely....

megabus doesnt let us check the prices this far in advance, farthest we can see is september

soooo guess late augest/early sept. we'll see what the deal is for gettin there
exactly what I was gonna say

At that time if its not ideally cheap, hopefully someone is still driving there from Florida

either way, im down

DRN

Smash Lord
Wow didnt realize it was too early for megabus. I'm sure prices will be cheap then. I'll keep my eye on it so i can tell everyone the minute its available.

Cya guys here :)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
on a related note, florida is having their own apex qualifier 9/22. hopefully some of you georgians can make it out.

its in orlando so its at least the same city as the megabus stop :laugh:

DRN

Smash Lord
This. How will we get from ATL to where this place is?
I'm going to be one of the main housing locations and will be bringing people along with at least 2-3 other people near me. Player-1 is the same. I also will be helping people get from the megabus drop off to housing locations.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I'm going to be one of the main housing locations and will be bringing people along with at least 2-3 other people near me. Player-1 is the same. I also will be helping people get from the megabus drop off to housing locations.
You sire are a gift. I just really don't want to drive since it's 5 hours and i'm a broke college student >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom