• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & NLL Present: K.U.B. - Road to Apex Qualifier. FREE Apex Entry for 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
-= GDX and Next Level Lan Presents =-​

Kid, UR Bad: Smash or DI
(aka KUB)

Free Apex Entry to 1st place for Melee/Brawl, and more prizes! Scroll for more info

Where is 5 Dollar Footdives?

The regular tourney series, 5 Dollar Footdives, will be taking a break this month, in order to bring you the hype of another Brawl x Melee cross event. This time, we are going all out because:

This mashup event of Brawl X Melee will be an Apex 2013 Qualifier!

Pre registration is free, and can be done here . Note that you must pre-register in order to receive your free raffle ticket for entering the tourney itself. You are still eligible to buy more tickets if you don't pre-register...but pre registration is free so why miss out on an extra chance right?

Both Melee and Brawl will receive Apex 2013 seeding points, being a qualifier. Apex 2013 is the biggest smash tournament in the nation, so take this opportunity to step your game up and earn some seeding points for the grand event.

1st – 1024 points
2nd – 512 points
3rd – 128 points
4th – 64 points
5th – 16 points
7th – 8 points
9th – 2 points
13th – 1 point

For more info, please visit the official Apex 2013 Website: www.apex-series.com

Location & Time:

Venue opens: 11AM

Registration for every game will end 15 minutes before Brawl doubles, and 30 minutes before all other events. Things will actually start on time (or as close to humanly possible on time as a videogame tournament can be). If you do not think you will get here before registration ends for a game, have someone sign you up, or let me know well before the time limit so I can put you in myself.

Start Times:
Brawl Doubles & Melee Doubles: 12pm noon
Brawl Singles & Melee Singles: 4pm

**Brawl and Melee will alternate on stream every two hours**

At 8pm, we will start every individual game semis/finals. Every game will be played down to top 4-6 (depending on time constraints), which will then be saved for the finals section.

Travel

Next Level Lan
University Corporate Center
6947 Univeristy Blvd.
Winter Park, FL 32792
407-923-5883

NLL is in the middle of the chain of businesses with the big "X" on the banner of the store. Just check where a bunch of cars are. Parking allowed in rear (lol).

Coming off 417 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida, University Blvd.
Go straight down university heading for Full Sail. NLL is in the plaza on the right side of the street at the intersection of University Blvd and Forsyth Trail.

Coming off 408 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida - You stay on 408 till it literally turns into Challenger Parkway. Stay on Challenger Parkway until you reach the intersection of Challenger and Alafaya Tr.

Hang a right on Alafaya Tr.

Contiune on Alafaya Tr. until you reach the intersection of University and Alafaya. Turn left here and go down University until you reach the same area described in the 408 directions.

See Next Level LAN website at www.NextLevelLAN.com

Out of State Info:
Orlando has a Megabus stop, which can be traveled to from Atlanta, Gainesville, Jacksonville, etc. If anyone is able to house any out of state players that come, please let me know and I can place your contact information within this thread. There is also RedCoach, which is primarily inter-Florida travel, but does go to other stops such as Tallahassee, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, and Miami

For more information about Megabus, please visit http://us.megabus.com/Default.aspx
For more information about Redcoach, http://www.redcoachusa.com/

Food:

Snacks and Food Available for Purchase at Next Level LAN (stock permitting)

- Pepsi Products (Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Teas, Juices, and more)
- Monster
- Vitamin Water
- Starbucks Frapachinos
- Chips (Lays Products)
- Candy (Lots of different Candy Bars, Airheads, etc etc)
- Moon pies, brownies, Etc.
- THERE IS A DRINKING FOUNTAIN.

Also located near our Plaza is:

Burger King
Pollo Tropical
Dunkin Doughnuts
Perkins
Taco Bell
McDonald's
Orlando Alehouse
Chinese food
Steak n Shake
...and more

Yes, you are allowed to bring outside food and drink into the store. Just dispose of it!

Cost:

Door Fee: $5
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10
Melee Singles: $10
Melee Doubles: $10

For any singles event, if there are 33 or more entrants, payout percentages are as follows:
Singles Payouts A: 45/20/15/10/5/5
If there are 16-32 or less entrants, payout percentages are as follows:
Singles Payouts B: 50/25/15/10
If there are 15 or less, payouts will be 60/30/10

For Brawl & Melee doubles, anything over 16 teams will have the payout percentages:
Doubles Payouts A: 50/25/15/10
For Brawl & Melee doubles, for 8 - 15 teams:
Doubles Payout B: 60/30/10
For Brawl & Melee doubles, for 7 teams or less:
Doubles Payouts C: 65/35

Free Entry?

On top of the payout for 1st place, 1st place in both melee and brawl will earn free singles entry into Apex 2013 for the game they won, courtesy of myself. If the same person happens to win both events, then I will pay for both singles events for them. There will also be some raffled off New White Gamecube controllers available for everyone to win, along with other smaller prizes. More information about the raffle can be found at the event itself, but everyone gets 1 ticket to go along with their door fee, and they'll be able to purchase more

100% of the pot will go back out to the players. Absolutely no pot **** of any kind. You pay the door fee once, no matter how many games you enter. Spectating is free, but friendlies/casuals will always have to be stopped immediately for tourney matches when necessary

If you would like to play on the PCs within the computer portion of NLL, you will still have to pay for hours.

Rules:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

BRAWL RULES:
Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the finals best 3 out of 5.

Apex Stagelist, and MK Legal

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Pokemon Stadium 1

Super Smash Bros Melee

Melee Backroom Official Ruleset

setups:

Setups are definitely going to be necessary. I am able to provide a full setup for Wii. We need 6 setups at the minimum per game. If you have a setup, or at least part of a setup, please bring it. Next Level Lan has some CRT tvs that aren't being used, so bring everything you can.

For those who do bring a full setup for any game (tv/monitor and system), you will get a free raffle ticket as well. So you automatically get two just for pre-regging and bringing a setup! You will be able to purchase more on the spot

Misc Notes:

Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/events/271878006246147/

I will be putting the brackets on paper for every game. If someone could assist me with running a bracket for a game I may either not play, or may be busy with something else, it would be greatly appreciated.

I only ask that you commentate a game to where you could do serious commentary if you HAD to (aka you play the game). Aside from that, just bring hype to the commentary and I'm good. This isn't E-sports style

If you would like to assist with the stream itself, such as making sure to just tell someone if its stops functioning or lags, please let me know as well.

Any questions/comments/concerns feel free to post in here or AIM me at GameDragonX. If you get lost you can give me a call at 863-934-2355. you can also hit me up on Facebook under Keith Kelly, or join my facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/457864240898958/ . Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/GameDragonX for any future updates, or just to follow me in my gaming escapades. You can also follow me on youtube.com/gamedragonx for Florida Brawl replays, and twitch.tv/gamedragonx for the livestream information

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Announcement #1. Thread updated. Tell everyone you know to make it out to this. Also tell them to bring some money for the raffle. At least 3 new white controllers, possibly other prizes to come as well.

If you cant go, watch the stream at www.twitch.tv/gamedragonx

Announcement #2. I just want to make one update. For the raffle, you will get a free ticket for entering the tournament, but ONLY IF YOU PRE-REGISTER BY CLICKING THIS LINK:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFh3WkVaT2FGTEstOEpjMHlPZnJsNHc6MQ#gid=0

For those who do bring a full setup for any game (tv/monitor and system), you will get a free raffle ticket as well. So you automatically get two just for pre-regging and bringing a setup! You will be able to purchase more on the spot

If you sign up but dont pre-reg, then you are missing out on a free raffle ticket. Free since, pre-registration itself it is free. You may now go back about your business

Announcement #3 If you house an OOS player for this tourney, you get 5 free raffle tickets for every person that you house. Things in the raffle include:
New Controllers
Tri wings
free apex entry

Announcement #4
I thought I should take this time to reiterate/overview how pools will work at this tourney. This will also go under the announcements first post I made:

If a game has 33 or more entrants, then it will go with bracket pools
-Each pool will be a double elim bracket. The size of the bracket will vary depending on the number of entrants (will be 16 man at first, then stretch based on entrants)
-Each bracket will play out until winners finals, and losers semis of each bracket. This way, the final 4 people in the bracket will move on. No further matches will be played in that bracket once the sides get to this point. Note that your loss in pools carry over so if you lose in pools but still make top 4, you only have 1 more loss left in the tourney
-The pools will end with 16 people (8 in winners and 8 in losers). Everyone will draw a number at random from 1-16 (winners will pick odd numbers only and losers will pick even numbers only), and this will determine the spots for the final 16 man bracket. The bracket will then continue until the tourney is over

If a game has 16-32 entrants, then it will just do a normal double elim. bracket

If a game has 15 or less entrants, then it will either do round robin (brawl) or swiss (melee). At this point, this shouldn't be an issue for either game, but putting it out there just in case

If anyone has any questions about this format, just let me know and I'll try to answer any questions/concerns

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol I don't think this venue is big enough tbh.

:phone:
its fine since we'll have the whole place to use and the back room wont be unavailable like last time. Plus we wont have to move for Magic

Exdeath

Smash Master
I wish that the :metaknight: legality would just stay consistent for one way or the other. :ohwell:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
its only legal cause its an apex qualifier, and MK is legal at apex

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
understandable lol.

Iunno if i'm still going OoS tourney in september and whether or not it's the same date as this but if i'm not or it isn't i'll def. be here

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol isn't this the first time mk has been legal at 5DFD?Ever?

That's not inconsistency. That's a special circumstance.

Oh ya, tony, are you going to gainesville the weekend?

Exdeath

Smash Master
Lol isn't this the first time mk has been legal at 5DFD?Ever?

That's not inconsistency. That's a special circumstance.

Oh ya, tony, are you going to gainesville the weekend?
I wasn't talking about FDFD in specific, and I'm working every Saturday until Seibrik's tournament at the end of July.

8Bitman

Smash Master
SFL CARS!!! ASSSSSEEEEMMMMBBBLLLLLLLLLEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want to go to this.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Well, I am assuming we will be having a Smash Fest at David's prior to this, just have him house you for the night.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
I haven't been on here in a few few weeks, so I must have missed something. What happened to August? is there anything going on in August? I should be attending this with Poinciana.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Come to Papa 3 is happening around August. Whobo's happening on that month too.

That's all I heard. Idk if there was any changes though.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
There will be an August 5DFD, he just hasn't made the thread for it yet IIRC. He made this thread just because it's an APEX qualifier so he kinda has to get it up now.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
David with the constant knowledge

There will be an august footdives the 3rd weekend. Ill make a thread once I return from my trip

:phone:

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
YESS! TOURNIES!! thanks guys! :D Some of our poinciana smashers really want to host another tourney, but we don't have the venue we used a few years back any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom