• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiD 7: The Final Practice | Toronto, ON, Canada | Results/Shoutouts/Vids | 06/09/2012

Tin Man

Smash Hero

Brawl Singles: 36 people entered

[collapse=Brawl Singles Pools]Pool 1:

Pool 2:

Pool 3:

Pool 4:

Pool 5:

Pool 6:

Pool 7:

Pool 8:

[/collapse]

[collapse=Brawl Singles Bracket]
[/collapse]

$10 Entry fee

1. Tin Man ($180) - :olimar:
2. HolyNightmare ($90) - :rob:
3. V115 ($54) - :zerosuitsamus:
4. Poke ($18) - :falco:
5. Meekspeedy ($9) - :sonic:
5. Iliad ($9) - :marth:
7. Inle - :marth:
7. Dan-Da-Man - :snake:
9. R e d X - :ness2:
9. JustNoOne - :popo:
9. Kongmetal - :diddy:/:sheik:
9. Shard - :kirby2:
13. Patches - :gw:
13. 99999999 (pidgezero_one) - :kirby2:/:ness2:
13. Zetsu - :falco:
13. .exe - :zerosuitsamus:

------------------------------------------Pools Cutoff------------------------------------------

17. Blacktwins - :snake: (made it out of pools but had to leave, giving his spot to the 3rd seed in his pool)
17. SkylerSilver - :kirby2:
17. The Pizz - :falco:
17. Warchamp7 - :falco:
17. Xavier - :dedede:
17. PZ - :random:
17. Hammertime - :popo:
17. Lilty - :marth:
25. Odensun - :random:
25. Osmoses - :link:
25. Advent - :random:
25. Yosh - :zerosuitsamus:
25. BlackGold - :random:
25. Link - :random:
25. RSG! (Bing) - :marth:
25. Free Feeling - :random:
33. Chris Fisch - :olimar:
33. Ducktato - :random:
33. Kyle - :random:
33. Will - :random:

Brawl Doubles: 9 teams entered

[collapse=Brawl Doubles Bracket]

[/collapse]

$20 Entry fee (per team)

1. HolyNightmare + Tin Man ($108 split) - :rob: + :olimar:
2. Iliad + Meekspeedy ($54 split) - :marth: + :sonic:/:pit:
3. V115 + R e d X ($18 split) - :zerosuitsamus: + :ness2:
4. Black + DDM - :yoshi2: + :snake:
5. Snow Shard + Warchamp7 - :wolf: + :falco:
5. 99999999 + Inle - :ness2: + :marth:
7. Patches + Kongmetal - :gw: + :diddy:
7. Gorf + Staki - :random: + :random:
9. Patsy + Jayzee - :random: + :random:

Brawl Amateur: 17 people entered

[collapse=Brawl Amateur Bracket]
[/collapse]

$0 Entry fee

1. Chris Fisch ($10 A&C Games gift card) - :olimar:
2. Hammertime - :popo:/:wario:
3. Xavier - :dedede:
4. Warchamp7 - :falco:/:marth:
5. RSG! - :marth:
5. Lilty - :marth:
7. SkylerSilver - :kirby2:
7. Yosh - :zerosuitsamus:
9. Free Feeling - :random:
9. Will - :random:
9. Link - :random:
9. The Pizz - :falco:
13. PZ - :random:
13. Osmoses - :random:
13. Ducktato - :random:
13. Kyle - :random:
17. Advent - :random:

Smash 64 Singles: 19 people entered

[collapse=Smash 64 Bracket]

[/collapse]

$5 Entry fee

1. YBOMBB
2. B Link
3. SA-in-ne
4. The Pizz
5. Yoshi Master
5. Mad 416
7. DDM
7. Alasdair
9. Bro Lamb
9. Hammertime
9. Splatterson
9. Yo Yo Mario
13. Face Ripper
13. The Vapour
13. 99999999
13. Little Bear
17. Trap
17. Hyperx
17. R e d X

- If I put your character incorrectly (or if u have a :random: symbol for a character) please tell me who you used so I can adjust the characters accordingly. In addition, if you main multiple characters, you get 1 character regardless of wins/losses, however if I am to add another character beside your name, you must have won at least 1 game with that character

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
yo this tournament was all sorts of ???????????????????????????

thanks tin for holding the ammies bracket :)

shoutouts:

1. Tin Man ($180) - GOOD **** *****
2. HolyNightmare ($90) - WE SHOULD GET POUTINE MORE OFTEN
3. V115 ($54) - I wanna see you at #1 next time. Football got this.
4. Poke ($18) - Seriously dude, thank you for all your help & encouragement like ever since I joined the scene :) also good **** on 4th!!!
5. Meekspeedy ($9) - GGs, lol irl at how we went to game 3, sad to hear you wanna drop Sonic though :(
5. Iliad ($9) - **** tabuu, bowser got this
7. Inle - DUBS WITH YOU IS AWESOME!
7. Dan-Da-Man - GGs, and thanks for the help :) sorry I was way too happy about that infinite stone KO...
9. R e d X - <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 WHY YOU SO CUTE?
9. JustNoOne - GGs in singles, I'm still maaaaad salty tho :p
9. Kongmetal - GGs in dubs dudeski <3
9. Shard - I hardly saw you like at all today ; ;
13. Patches - Thanks for believing in me bro, it really helps :) GGs in dubs too!
13. 99999999 (pidgezero_one) - 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
13. Zetsu - Congrats on making it out of pools :D
13. .exe - You too!

9. Patsy + Jayzee - GGs in dubs, hope to see you guys around again :)

1. Chris Fisch ($10 A&C Games gift card) - Good **** on 1st! :D
3. Xavier - Awesome job for your 1st community tourney :)
4. Warchamp7 - GGs, I still feel like an ******* :(
5. RSG! - **** dude, nice work!
7. SkylerSilver - KIRBY DITTO...............
7. Yosh - What is this, a tourney where we didnt fight each other even once? wtf???
9. Link - Nicely done! :D I don't know what tags Steven and Jermaine used but it was great to see you guys make it to this tourney! :)
13. Ducktato - **** YEAH GANONDORF
17. Advent - Not gonna lie, you had me legit scared in our pools matches. HOW DO I LINK

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Shoutout to Xavier for thinking he's allowed to main Dedede. I'll right that.

Force me out of retirement, he did.

AND A GANONDORF WAS THERE TOO WTF.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
1. Tin Man ($180) - Great Job Tin, I'm very proud of you for being able to work off your rust and get your head back into the game, as well, Loosing that One time to Simon. Keep on working on your Olimar, you'll be a Top 5 for sure.

2. HolyNightmare ($90) - As always, fun friendlies with you, Can't wait to play you on June 30th! You'll get us next time, don't worry about this time, you can't win all the time.

3. V115 ($54) - I Should have gone Jigglypuff. And you owe me 3 cokes.

4. Poke ($18) - You still suck.

5. Meekspeedy ($9) - It was just a Bad Day, can't wait to see what you pull next time.

5. Iliad ($9) - You've definitely improved. I can actually see it, and you should use more Falco lasers. Be like me.. except.. you can Dacus! Be better than a Non Dacuser.. thing.

7. Inle - The SD hurt you.. but you killed me right after.. grabbing you on your last stock without your Jump made me so happy.

7. Dan-Da-Man - I was eyeballing your Pizza before you thought I was. Good Job today, you boost Pivot grab a lot.. you have so many better ways to read someone, especially with Snake.

9. R e d X - I liked the use of your Phone.. very interesting and.. I manage to Pull a Poke yet Once again. Lalalala.

9. JustNoOne - Just one hour a Day, you just need one hour a day of practice, and you'll do even better.

9. Kongmetal - You.. head bonker you. Great Job at beating Patches.

9. Shard - Coke Trade Off!

13. Patches - Interesting.

13. 99999999 (pidgezero_one) - You've improved quite a bit.

13. Zetsu - You have.. n't ?

13. .exe - As well.

Warchamp - My Apologies for never playing. It happens every tourney. I want to help you out.
Xavier - Good Job. You'll make it out of Pools next time.

Kongmetal

Smash Journeyman
my awesomely pro shoutouts...
Honestly i thought i was almost done with brawl before this tournament XD came as sort of an "impulse thing" (cwhatididthar?) But yea kinda got me hyped up for brawl again woot. Considering i hadnt played since the last tourney which was like 2 months ago due to LoL being. sooo freaking addicting lulz. Anyways ze shoutouts of the monkey ninja

1. Tin Man ($180) - good **** man. You did great that tourney
2. HolyNightmare ($90) - Hi. <3 rob love. Seemed like you were a bit off this tourney, happens to the best of us =D Dont get discouraged you da besss
3. V115 ($54) - Pfft look at this scrub not winning >_> I keed havent seen you in ages lets smash at school more!
4. Poke ($18) -only 4th? i iz ashamed.... Good job beating meek tho *_*
5. Meekspeedy ($9) -what no time outs to first? WHAT IS THIS
5. Iliad ($9) - Lesson Learned: Dont go sheik against your marth, but rather go sonic and time you in =D
7. Inle -this guy with the upsets! good stuff man your much better than when i saw you a couple months ago
7. Dan-Da-Man -sorry bout not mming yea... didnt think i would be THAT rusty
9. R e d X - and jigglypuff loves you too. You had a tough bracket =(
9. JustNoOne - ....umm i dont know you but... Hi =)
9. Kongmetal - LOOK AT THIS FREAKING SCRUB USING SHEIK
9. Shard -I FIGHT FOR THE ENVIORNMENT
13. Patches - <3 my buddyyyyy, next time we team, top 1 and if not top 1 then top 1... yeaaaaaa we got this...
13. 99999999 (pidgezero_one) - I dont get it... i can beat ppl better then you yet, i cant freakin beat you >_> i need to only use sheik against you as odd as that sounds XD good stuff
13. Zetsu -enjoyed our set in tourney =) Like that samus
13. .exe -STOP FREAKING AVOIDING ME ON LADDER YOU TROLL... THATS MY JOB

17. Blacktwins - see if you didnt leave i would of had to play you in losers ....that irony
17. SkylerSilver -umm hi =D
17. The Pizz -BEST FREAKIN NAME EVER
17. Warchamp7 - like that falco but i main sheik sooo... me <3 you
17. Xavier -i no know you bbut hi
17. PZ - Sorry about ftilit locking you to like death... all the time =D ggs
17. Hammertime - inb4kirbymain
17. Lilty - hi =D
25. Odensun -master yi?
25. Osmoses - BE A MAN!
25. Advent - Look at this scrubby link
25. Yosh - them catfights... always fun
25. BlackGold - keep workin at it man, your doing better every time
25. Link -i love you because you are link
25. RSG! (Bing) - and jiggz loves you
25. Free Feeling -only im allowed to be free gtfo
33. Chris Fisch - so you win amateurs but dont show up to your pools... i smell a conspiracy
33. Ducktato -tomato tomato its all the same
33. Kyle -wait.... what is this tag?
33. Will - if you main a green dk you would of come first, just sayin.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
1. Tin Man ($180) - Good **** on 1st Tin Man
2. HolyNightmare ($90) - Your ROB is so sexy. How do you do the Falco MU? I can't handle it
3. V115 ($54) - Good **** beating Holy You should practice the infinite until it's engraved in your fingers :p You'll get him in losers next time (unless you go to grand finals without losing, of course
4. Poke ($18) - I <3 your hair
5. Meekspeedy ($9) - Good Pit, top 5 or sure
5. Iliad ($9) - I liked your Marth
7. Inle - You're pretty good. Nice gw
7. Dan-Da-Man - We didn't MM :( sorry
9. R e d X - You lost to Kong you must be bad (jk)
9. JustNoOne - Hi
9. Kongmetal - Scrub sheik can't even 3 stock a falco jk <3 you get on wifi more
9. Shard - Hi
13. Patches - Nice pools matches. Thanks for not going Pikachu when I went Falco. Ike on Brinstar is too good
13. 99999999 (pidgezero_one) - I like your new tag
13. Zetsu - Hi
13. .exe - Hi

------------------------------------------Pools Cutoff------------------------------------------

17. Blacktwins - You should beat Kong more
17. SkylerSilver - I saw your pools matched. Nice Marth
17. The Pizz - Hi
17. Warchamp7 - Hi
17. Xavier - Hi
17. PZ - I almost had you in pools. I'll get you next time
17. Hammertime - Good **** on second in Amateur Bracket
17. Lilty - Hi
25. Odensun - Hi
25. Osmoses - Hi
25. Advent - Nice Link You almost had me in each of our friendlies. You should work on staying consistent throughout the match, if you had done that you would have beaten me
25. Yosh - Nice Zero Suit, you're a pretty cool guy
25. BlackGold - Look at this guy. He needs to choose a character
25. Link - Hi
25. RSG! (Bing) - Melee MM was fun I should probably not use bad characters lol
25. Free Feeling - Hi
33. Chris Fisch - You don't show up for pools then Win Amateur bracket. I'm with Kong on the conspiracy
33. Ducktato - Best. Name. EVER
33. Kyle - Hi
33. Will - Hi

Tin, I use ROB, Falco and Ike at the tourney. ROB game one against Kong and Patches, and Game 3 against PZ. Falco in all game 2s, and game one against PZ. And Ike game three against Patches

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Good tournament, hopefully me and my friends can come again :)
Hope so too! :D are you guys giong to IMPULSE? Either way keep checking the boards and/or the facebook group for tourneys :)

sauc3

Smash Lord
POKE GETTIN OFF! i ****in knew one day it would happen. They called me crazy but i just knew. Keep it up!

hamilton rapin doubles as usual. GJ boys,

gunna go watch the livestream

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
1. Tin Man ($180) - Good **** on finally beating Holy (and a 3-0 too!). Sorry for taking so long with Meek at Pizza Pizza but we were making sweet love

2. HolyNightmare ($90) - :\ I don't wanna john and say that I lost only because I was a bit down after losing to Tin, but I definitely think losing to Tin affected my gameplay at least a little bit. Though that's only my fault and I deserve to lose for that.
But yeah, I feel like I know the MU a lot better now, I just need to perfect that infinite...and you need to ****ing let me dsmash you frhiwnruiwoynbturehynrtoeugn

3. V115 ($54) - 3rd is good, but you can do better.

4. Poke ($18) - Good **** on beating Meek, I REALLY didn't expect that.
No offense, but you REALLY need to work on your commentary (I know mine isn't great either but that's not the point). Stop mumbling (you always say 'maw' in the middle of like every sentence lol. eg 'If Marth maw...forward smashes DK on shield, DK can maw..hit Marth with a 9-wind and Marth will maw..die at 51%')
Stop interrupting me (that's the ONLY reason we were ever talking at the same time)
And stop bringing up useless frame-dataish-theorycraft information XD (like the example I provided. You didn't say that but you say a lot of stuff like that >.>)
Oh and good job beating Red X, did you go DDD?

5. Meekspeedy ($9) - Really surprised you lost to Poke. I hear you're dropping Sonic?
And dubs >.< I felt like Mark and I shouldn't have lost that, but..we lost, lol. I think I know what I need to work on.

5. Iliad ($9) - Read above for the dubs crap. And idk why you decided to go Pikachu against Tin, that's like Pikachu's worst MU XD
Shoulda gone Falco instead, maybe...?

7. Inle - Really REALLY surprised that you beat both Patches and Red X. Good job.
I suppose for this one tournament, your controller was doing exactly what you wanted it to do XD

7. Dan-Da-Man - You were pretty close to beating Meek but...that was an unfortunate ending. Oh well, get him next time.

9. R e d X - The SD against Inle that you described to me sounded very weird...and like a glitch. Did you save the replay?
We did well in doubles but I think we both feel that we could have gotten 2nd......MAAAAAAAAAAYBE even 1st. We need to focus on NOT separating the battle into 2 1v1s.

9. JustNoOne - Had fun playing against you, you gave me a LOT more trouble than I expected. But what can you do, that's a pretty bad MU XD

9. Kongmetal - Good job on 2-0ing Patches, really didn't expect that o.o

13. Patches - :\ What happened dude?

13. 99999999 (pidgezero_one) - Good job on making it to pro bracket for the first time in your life. stef2pro

13. Zetsu - Nice seeing you again, though we didn't really talk.
And why are there 2 Zetsu's in pool 8 o.o

13. .exe - Dat ZSS ditto. You almost had me first game with the suitpieces, but...dat gimp XD

17. Blacktwins - Sucks you had to leave early, you're pretty good :\
Why'd you have to go?

17. Xavier - I hope you had fun at your first tournament, sorry we couldn't get the pokemon battle in :\

17. Hammertime - I commentated your matches in GFs against Fisch, good ****. I also got 2nd in amateur bracket at my first tournament, and a few months later I made it onto the PR XD
Maybe you'll do the same

25. Yosh - Fun matches in pools, ZSS dittos too good.

25. BlackGold - Sucks you had to leave early, I wanted to see how you would do in amateur bracket.

33. Chris Fisch - Good job on getting 1st in amateur bracket.

Patches

Smash Master
And for those who are curious as to my placing. I'm rusty of ****. Before oakville the last time I played was sid5 before sid6, last time I played was oakville. :p

Next tournament I'll be back up in the top 5. <3

:phone:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
7. Inle - Really REALLY surprised that you beat both Patches and Red X. Good job.
I suppose for this one tournament, your controller was doing exactly what you wanted it to do XD
Now that I think about it, he's borrowing my nunchuk. XD

Just realized that the tournament in which I use the most ******** tag I've had to date is the one I place my best in. Go figure. And both Nesses made it to pro bracket... go Ness >:D

Chris Fisch

Smash Rookie
I went to go watch the Germany portugal game and came back in time for some amateur bracket thing. Really wanted to join the tourney... oh well.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Yes, I was D3 against Red X.

I have no idea why my commentary was so bad that day. It's the first time I've interrupted someone like that. And, thanks.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
And for those who are curious as to my placing. I'm rusty of ****. Before oakville the last time I played was sid5 before sid6, last time I played was oakville. :p

Next tournament I'll be back up in the top 5. <3

Dude you just suck, shut up.

:017:

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to TinMan on his first victory over Holy, as well as to all the others who placed high in the tourney.

Good job to Chris Fisch on beating me in the amateur finals, although I think that if you had shown up for the pools you would have made it into the pro bracket lol. Still, good stuff.

This was my first ever Brawl tourney, I might come out for some more if they ever have another Smash 64 side tourney again.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
1. Tin Man ($180) - ggs, my mentality went out the window after our set due to me losing because of using nekos ****ty controller, lol
2. HolyNightmare ($90) - pantreeon
3. V115 ($54) - g'**** in dubz, nice job beating Holy
4. Poke ($18) - good job, don't expect to win again though.
5. Meekspeedy ($9) - free
5. Iliad ($9) - irreyad
7. Inle - realllllly really good job today, insanely underrated.
7. Dan-Da-Man - ggs, you're also insanely underrated
9. R e d X - ggs in dubz, nerf Pit
9. JustNoOne - pretty good ICs, suprisingly good considering you haven't played in a year
9. Kongmetal - Nicest person ever, always good seeing you
9. Shard - MY MANS!!! <3
13. Patches - Can't wait for MI, we didn't get to play any games the whole day :( ggs tho
13. 99999999 (pidgezero_one) - Good stuff in pools
13. Zetsu - G'**** making bracket
13. .exe - Same as Zetsu, are you two the guys that play that game that looks like pokemon puzzle league?

Kinda disappointed in myself for how I performed, but I guess I'll have to start playing super gay, and starting to practice daily again (**** YOU DIABLO 3!!!). Next tourney I'm getting 1st.

GGs to everyone I played, and anyone I didn't play, don't be afraid or shy to ask for some friendlies. It's always nice seeing new faces in the scene, it's just unfortunate that we're starting to grow as the new smash is getting released, but hey...maybe the competitive scene will carry over and we'll run more events?
Might as well stay optimistic about it.

EDIT: For anyone who's wondering, I'm considering co-maining MK for a large majority of matchups I have a strong distaste for with Sonic. If I do decide to do this, I might not support/attend MK banned events anymore. (I'm still attending Impulse, since I've already dedicated myself to co-hosting it.)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
^
:(

Also disappointed that Joe didn't show.

And, a question. This tournament had a LOT of new faces (I seriously don't know like half the people in each pool, lol) so if you're one of those new faces I wanna know - How did you find out about this tournament?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Can someone else check the stream archive for me and tell me how good it is? Cause when I'm trying to watch the audio and the video are desynched like **** but I also have a ****ty computer, so I don't know whether it's the stream being crap or my comp being crap. Probably the latter though.

Edit: There's also like a 2-hour break that starts during the middle of my 2nd game vs Holy. Just me?

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Oh s*** I forgot to return Stef's controller. Um... see you next friday?

Shoutouts:

1. Tin Man ($180) - I should have known based on our match that you would win the last game of the Singles bracket. So consistent, I dare say even clutch.

2. HolyNightmare ($90) - Take this as a omen of things to come, #1 R.O.B of North America. Ontario is here to stay. Still the scariest player to be up against.

3. V115 ($54) - LOL @ "I beat Holy before it was cool". What a boss.

4. Poke ($18) - GAH! That last stock on Lylat hurt. Quite possibly the most epic set I have played in Brawl. Considering what you went on to do next, maybe it was best that I lost and you won.

5. Meekspeedy ($9) - So ya "TOJoe", what the hell happened this tournament? Karma dictates that you get Top3 at Impulse. And everywhere else.

5. Iliad ($9) - Ah man that post tourney messing around was some of the funniest stuff I've seen. Aura sphere charge kill? Tabuu killfest? It all happened here at Illiad's Impulse Prep. Awesome doubles performance. I caught that double tipper F-Smash on the stream archive this morning and my heart stopped. Good stuff.

7. Inle - What a thief. Stealing wins from pro players, stealing Stef's nunchuck. You deserve to place right outside of the money.

7. Dan-Da-Man - Nice work in Smash64!! (and in singles too, but we already knew you were a pro brawler). I need to play some more friendlies with you some time, it's been a while!

9. R e d X - [COLLAPSE="This is long"]So up comes the fire transformation with you on the right side, and me on the left. Currently, my Marth is one B-throw away from the match coming down to one stock each. You start sniping me with PK thunder, and I simply don't have the patience to wait it out. I full hop over the tree, fast fall, and air dodge as the PK thunder turns around to match my destination. You send it down at me to stop a pummel release infinite from starting, but I panic; and spotdodge.

Then the inexplicable happens. the PK thunder hits Ness, barely sending him far enough to die. :c

You then go snake and take game 2. You stick with snake because, why not? It's working. Sweating buckets, we go to Battlefield, and I stop panicking. I win the game 3 by never thinking for a moment that you can't take this game back. Cause of course you are definitely capable of it.

If I'm celebrating the win, it's only because it's against the #5 ness in North America, capable of 3 stocking my Marth.

Oh wow this was long. Whew. [/COLLAPSE]

9. JustNoOne - I haven't seen you in forever! We ought to get some matches in, I still spam Up-B like a noob, just smarter I hope.

9. Kongmetal - LOL @ this guy. Sends his own doubles partner to losers and kills him in doubles. That brinstar match was crazy! Wish we had gotten some friendlies in.

9. Shard - Good to see you again, still owning with Kirby I see.

13. Patches - Shake off that rust! We need the might of Ingersoll to support us in Impulse!

13. 99999999 (pidgezero_one) - What a tourney!! Next time, we take doubles, no more losing to joke teams like Marth/Sonic. (What is this Cirque de Soleil nonsense?) Marth/Ness is where its at.
And maybe something else...
. Lots of fun. So so so so so sorry for COMPLETELY FORGETTING TO RETURN YOUR NUNCHUCK. (omg srsly?)
Um.............see Inle section?

13. Zetsu - Sorry for mistaking you for Shadowleaf... leafninja... umm I'm bad with matching names to faces. Mad respect for your Samus/Falco, tough bracket eh?

13. .exe - I want to see that fight with V, sounded like quite the confrontation. Didn't see much of you this tourney, but I from what I did see, you've definitely improved.

17. Blacktwins - WTF MAN! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO SWEEP US ALL AWAY WITH YOUR EPIC NUNCHUCK WIIMOTE STYLE. RISE ABOVE THE INPUT DELAY AND DESTROY US IN THE FUTURE. Seriously.

...We need to team sometime.
(Team Name: Michaelangelo?)

17. SkylerSilver - Wow what a close match on castle siege. Great seeing you again.

17. Warchamp7 - I haven't faced you since my first tournament at Fan Expo.
Looks like you've still got silent lasers down.

17. Xavier - Quite an impressive first tournament!! Amateur bracket 3rd place!
Still hate DDD though.

17. Hammertime - Nice Job on second place Amateur Bracket! Scared to see
another Ice Climbers player enter the fray.

25. Odensun - I saw that match against SkylerSilver, looked quite close! At this level, the best you can do is steal all the friendlies you can at tournaments. I emphasize with the harshness of the seeding system. I'm confident that with effort you can make it favour you.

25. Osmoses - I don't think I saw you at all, but just from looking at the results, quite impressed you took a game off .exe (with link!), I'll watch out for you.

25. BlackGold - Thanks for the complement, I hope to improve my secondary with effort.

You took a game off Patches.

Wow.

25. RSG! (Bing) - Nice job on 5th place in Amateur bracket! Fun friendlies too. Just a fun guy to be around.

33. Chris Fisch - I need to see the matches. This guy doesn't show up for pools because of... Soccer. (A likely story) He goes on to win the Amateur Bracket. HE GOES ON TO WIN THE AMATEUR BRACKET. You know, I'm surprised at your lack of confidence in your ability to win. Clearly you didn't think you would place inside the money in Pro Bracket so you (Soccer'd) went to win the Amateur bracket. Nice work. Please don't tell me that was your first tourney.

Patsy + Jayzee: Fun doubles match. Thanks for working our team in shape. Every match helps.

EDIT: RedX JV2stocked HolyNightmare. Boss.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
No worries dude, I left with my friend's N64 controller :p

MasterGorf

Smash Cadet
^

And, a question. This tournament had a LOT of new faces (I seriously don't know like half the people in each pool, lol) so if you're one of those new faces I wanna know - How did you find out about this tournament?
Me and my friends started playing together and we became interested in the competitive aspect, so we found SmashBoards, saw this tournament and decided to go. :D , We got destroyed, but all those good people just makes us want to get a lot better! ^_^

jcexpo

Smash Rookie
hey people who i saw at the tournament yesterday, my friend and i are known as Patseyy & JayZ, it was our first doubles tournament yesterday, we had a lot of fun and meeting new people. Patsey and I learned a lot in doubles, next when we come back we will be a lot better and we have learned a lot of strategies in doubles and found out our strengths and weaknesses. so next time when we come you guys shall fear us. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

shoutout to 999999 thank you for greeting us for our first time coming to a&c super smash bros tournaments:):):):):):):):):):)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It's very good to hear that you guys are encouraged to get better after your first tournament, that's the right mentality to have and that's how I got to where I am.

A friend of mine came with me to my first tournament thinking he would contend with the best of our region, he got destroyed, got discouraged, never came to a tournament again (but I kept going and got a lot better) and now whenever I play him he can't even enjoy the game anymore because of how much better I am than him. I really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else :\

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Me and my friends started playing together and we became interested in the competitive aspect, so we found SmashBoards, saw this tournament and decided to go. :D , We got destroyed, but all those good people just makes us want to get a lot better! ^_^
Now THIS this RIGHT HERE is EXACTLY what I want to hear, read, see, and know.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
^

I found out about it because I'm a regular with the A and C Smash Melee monthlies. I actually came out to this mainly for the smash 64 but I actually ended up getting interested in the Brawl scene more than anything.

I'm also kind of surprised I even made it as far as I did in the amateur bracket, I was pretty much just going off of general smash knowledge that I carried over from melee (hence why i did some random crap during my matches that doesn't work in Brawl and probably had a few people raising eyebrows in confusion lol).

Either way it was a pretty legit tourney, I'm not exactly interested with putting the time in to get significantly better at Brawl (Too much focus on melee already lol) but I may show up for a random monthly here and there just because of how good the turnout was this time.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
hey people who i saw at the tournament yesterday, my friend and i are known as Patseyy & JayZ, it was our first doubles tournament yesterday, we had a lot of fun and meeting new people. Patsey and I learned a lot in doubles, next when we come back we will be a lot better and we have learned a lot of strategies in doubles and found out our strengths and weaknesses. so next time when we come you guys shall fear us. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

shoutout to 999999 thank you for greeting us for our first time coming to a&c super smash bros tournaments:):):):):):):):):):)
Hey, 99999999 was me! :) Glad to hear you guys enjoyed your first tourmey, here's hoping it'll be the first of many ;)

Same goes to you MasterGorf :)

We also have a facebook group where sometimes we post about other events that don't make it onto smashboards, if anyone wants to join, add me on facebook (Stef Kischak) and I'll add you to the group :D

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
sorry i couldnt make this guys, my job ended up making me take a roadtrip that took all week,been trying to make that $ to pay off debts, next time!

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
It's very good to hear that you guys are encouraged to get better after your first tournament, that's the right mentality to have and that's how I got to where I am.

A friend of mine came with me to my first tournament thinking he would contend with the best of our region, he got destroyed, got discouraged, never came to a tournament again (but I kept going and got a lot better) and now whenever I play him he can't even enjoy the game anymore because of how much better I am than him. I really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else :\
That's real sad. :(

I got my *** stomped at my first community tournament by Poke's Ganondorf. but all of you guys are awesome so now you can't get rid of me muahahaha

Top Bottom