• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Civil War 4 Results

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Singles

34 Entrants

Top 15: ~Doing this from memory, let me me know if any results are wrong

1st: Dr.Peepee
2nd/3rd: Cactuar
2nd/3rd: Chillin
4th: Ether
5th: Milkman
5th: Savedge
7th: DoH
7th: S-man
9th: Doll
9th: Rhan
9th: Karn
9th: Apex|D1
13th: Wenbobular
13th: Polecat (Dq'd)
13th: thesage

Doubles:
1st: DrPP + Cactuar
2nd: Savedge + Chillin
3rd: DoH + Alucard
4th: Doll+Milkman
5th:Doug+Ether
5th: thefear+thesage
7th: S-man+Rhan
7th:Lyteside(Darkside)+Karn
9th: Wenbobular+BigWenz
9th:papa Spitfire + The Great Gonzales
9th: C-stick+Tech

I know that the tournament was far from perfect and that a lot of people were disappointed. It was my first time running a professional smash tournament. I learned some lessons this time around. If I ever get the chance to TO again, I'll be sure to use my experience running this thing. Hope you guys had fun playing some smash.

Thanks the thefear and Alex Stryfe for helping me run the tournament

Thanks DoH for recording some matches.

Thanks Bifuteki for streaming and recording doubles and singles pools.

Original Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14400618#post14400618

Video thread will be linked to soon.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Thats a new one...havent had my named spelled Stryfe XD

Sage you did fine...everyone had a good time. You did a great job. You can not go anywhere but up.

Me and Bifuteki were sad about not streaming bracket but he really was needed elsewhere and I am glad DoH recorded a lot. I will make sure to have him upload all the vids ASAP ( just a heads up he is heading up as of now...230am...cause he had to wait for his car to be out of the tournament...basically Chris G who won almost all the events! ).

Give him a few days and he will have it...its not hard to upload but we will do it quick!

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Had a good time and it was a fun way to celebrate a birthday for sure. Sage you did well as a host, and I'm sure you'll receive some criticism just don't take any of it the wrong way.

The venue is a solid smash arena and I really liked how we got our own section. Dealing year after year with the Street Fighter cronies and their, "Smash is a baby's game" comments get boring. I still called a couple of them out on it though and managed to beat a random at SSF2 Turbo even though I haven't touched that game in years. The hotel itself... well my room wasn't terribly clean but I guess that's why one pays such a cheap rate.

Ether the SoVa Sensation played amazing and pretty much carried me through teams. While I still can I'll do my best to motivate the man to continue playing.

Dr. Peepee always the nicest of nice guys and really glad you traveled up to VA to show us the high level stuff. Almost witnessed your JV5 against that Ganon player. Quite enjoyed the 1 game we played although definitely felt you figuring me out in the match-up towards the end. Well done winning the tournament.

SoVa amazing stuff and great showing. I think we had more people from our region show up than Richmond, hah. Will do the shout-outs in our smash Facebook group. Will also try my best to step it up and host a bit while I still live in VA.

Cloud and D1. Nice saying hello to you guys again and glad you made the long trip down. D1 looks like you've gotten a lot better since Pound 4 and really enjoyed watching your game versus S-Man.

Samox hopefully you got some decent footage for the documentary.

Lord Karn I would have liked to Sheik ditto but obviously some people hate that match-up. Haven't had a camp fest match in a while, and it was surprisingly fun.

Doll. I hate you. 0-4 now. I don't fully understand how you 3-stock me so easily.

Milkman I think you've gotten a bit better. Too bad we didn't get a chance to play in singles.

SavEdge. SAVVVVEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marth dittos are actually fun?? Yessir I agree Mr. Poehlcat.

Chillindude829. Good times. I'd like to watch your set versus Ether.

Wen fun Doc to play. I don't recall you throwing many pills at all in our set which was interesting.

Cactaur first time we actually talked a bit. I find your RL personality similar to your Smashboards persona. A rare trait for people to have.

Lightsyde I didn't mean the "I have met John" comment as an insult as I meant to say it with a bit more sarcasm. Hope you didn't take the joke the wrong way. Fun friendlies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I need to talk to you Sage...something came up and I am kinda annoyed about this event.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
wait do you not have the .tio file for submission to ssbpd? o_o

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
No I did things by hand because I didn't like how TIO kept seeding people who play against each other the whole time. Next time I'm going to be more professional and not care about things like that so much and focus more on getting the tournament done faster.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well Sage if you need help I can recommend some programs that will be better for Tio and give a more interactive experience with the community ( challonge )

g-regulate

Smash Hero
No I did things by hand because I didn't like how TIO kept seeding people who play against each other the whole time. Next time I'm going to be more professional and not care about things like that so much and focus more on getting the tournament done faster.
agreed, getting the tournament done in a fair and timely fashion should be priority number 1. **** everything and everyone else tbh

lord karn

Smash Master
Had a good time and it was a fun way to celebrate a birthday for sure. Sage you did well as a host, and I'm sure you'll receive some criticism just don't take any of it the wrong way.

The venue is a solid smash arena and I really liked how we got our own section. Dealing year after year with the Street Fighter cronies and their, "Smash is a baby's game" comments get boring. I still called a couple of them out on it though and managed to beat a random at SSF2 Turbo even though I haven't touched that game in years. The hotel itself... well my room wasn't terribly clean but I guess that's why one pays such a cheap rate.

Lord Karn I would have liked to Sheik ditto but obviously some people hate that match-up. Haven't had a camp fest match in a while, and it was surprisingly fun.
Yeah, I kind of wanted to sheik ditto, but I'm really inconsistent in that matchup. I also can't chaingrab, so if I fight a sheik that ends up chaingrabbing I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle. I actually do main fox, though. I've recently gone back to sheik as a secondary (hopefully eventually a dual main). I felt really felt bad about the camping after we found out the level wasn't legal, when I was the one who brought it up as an option. Glad you still had fun. I kind of enjoy campy games, too (probably why I play so gay). You're a really smart player.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Shoutouts

Sage - thanks for hosting
Gonzales and Vin(sp??) - fun dudes to room with
Wenz - driving with me
Matt - NOT driving with me -_-
Rest of MDVA that didn't come - missed out ~_~

PP - toooo good congrats on taking the sword
Cactus - enjoyable conversation early breakfast, wasn't expecting you to show up
Chillin - gotta work on those chillindude combo finishes and that chillindude GPS
Ether - too bad we didn't get to have that rematch but now you can't quit until we do haha
Milkman - godammit haha GGs
DoH - I'll beat you eventually!! thanks for recording
Rhan - I'll get your Samus next time <_<
Rest of my pool - GGs

Sorry if I missed anyone

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Care to scan the bracket you've made? I'll re-create it in TIO for SSBPD

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
This tournament was SICK because SWORD and I discovered my problem on the way home.

SWORRRRD

it's sitting beside me currently <333

Thanks to everyone who came out, this was a really cool experience!

Shoutouts after my night class.

lord karn

Smash Master
if you were a good knight you would uphold your duty to nobility and respect me and give me the tithes you owe

LLDL

Smash Hero
sage you should post pictures of the pools / bracket that you did by hand :)

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
doh i thought you said you were close to breaking through your multi-year plateau or w/e

can we get a little character icon next to players next time? dunno who savedge, milkman, sman and ether use. i think savedge and ether use marth but dunno for sure.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Shoutouts!

I had a great time at this tournament! Didn't get everything that I wanted out of it, but I have 0 reason to complain. I GOT A SWORD

Sage- I thought I was gonna have random downtime to talk bs with you about the group that must not be named ;)

NEXT TIME THO

also good seeing you and thanks for hosting =)

Renegade: super thanks for hosting the big event and also FOR THE SWORD OMG <3

Cyrain- Thanks for housing meeeee

also get bopped by my amazing awesome super sheik more...tope ain't got nothin on me

Savedge- Yo you're mad cool. Also that Fox tech skill you have is pretty tight. I can tell you like the Falco matchup haha good stuff.

Wenbo- How do you perfect edgedash every time you evil person

tips plz

DoH- GAY

Chillin- GGs man, I've noticed you're putting in work. Rematches soon hopefully....tell Azen to bring his butt to stuff LOL

The Doug- GGs in our friendly haha. Always nice to see the veterans reppin it!

Ether- Our Marth dittos were cool. Keep playing bro.

Rhan- Most legit person as far as MMs goes I've seen in a long time. Respect. Also your Samus is mad funny but does some good stuff haha. Keep workin it and YL.

Sman- Sorry we never MM'd I tried to find you =(

Alukard- Yoooo mad good seein some tri-states homies at this hahaha. Wish I could've stayed to support you in Marvel. =(

D1: We never played =(

Alex Strife: Lolsy interview but it was cool. Nice seein ya.

Crismas: Hope you feel better! =)

Velocity: Bro driver. Also your controller looked sick! Good games haha.

Fearz: You're really chill. GGs.

Cactuar: NO I DIDN'T WANT TO DO THAT I'M SO MAD

ANGER

Josh and Karn- thanks for comin and supportin the troops. You guys are cool.

Chris G: nice scruff beard match me

sword: =O

Everyone: Thanks for coming out!

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
chris g lookin like roronoa zoro after this tournament

how the **** do you get like top 6 in every event AND win 3 of them

does anyone know where i can find payouts for all the events?

Ether

Smash Ace
as a marth main, I really wanted that sword, and dr.pp is making me so envious and sad <3

edit - so dr.pp...how long is it? <.<

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Wenbo- How do you perfect edgedash every time you evil person

tips plz
Mission complete :smash:

Tips if you were actually curious
but actually because I just like talking about ledgedashing
- jumping after the dropASAP is the most important part, allows you to press L / R immediately for maximum invincibility
Knowing to wait for the 8(?) frame delay when you can't drop from the ledge to prevent doing a ledge jump and getting crushed
Secret tip - confidence is secretly the most important part

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I didn't know there was an 8 frame delay but it explains why I gotta wait lol.

Yeah that should help thanks bro. =)

That doughnut was aight.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if it's 8 exactly haha you just have to remember to pause a second
I time it to Fox's grab the ledge sound ... or imagine it when it's too loud to hear <_< (same with shortening except with the ping)

lord karn

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the 8 frame delay is the brawl timing. In melee it's almost instant, but probably still a frame or two. I can do it pretty consistently, but I have to shine first (takes one frame off your invincibility more than doing it normally). As fox you should still have 15 frames of invincibility, which will cover the first part of anything you want to do. For falco it should be one frame less, I think.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure the 8 frame delay is the brawl timing. In melee it's almost instant, but probably still a frame or two. I can do it pretty consistently, but I have to shine first (takes one frame off your invincibility more than doing it normally). As fox you should still have 15 frames of invincibility, which will cover the first part of anything you want to do. For falco it should be one frame less, I think.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13852338&postcount=162
AJP is reliable enough I think

Also I believe you can't jump out of shine until frame 3, so you're losing more invincibility than you think (not to mention your jump out of shine is probably at least a couple frames off frame perfect)
The more important thing is you're giving up a good deal of surprise factor by doing a shine

unknown522

Some guy
I didn't know there was an 8 frame delay but it explains why I gotta wait lol.

Yeah that should help thanks bro. =)

That doughnut was aight.
I'm not sure if it's 8 exactly haha you just have to remember to pause a second
I time it to Fox's grab the ledge sound ... or imagine it when it's too loud to hear <_< (same with shortening except with the ping)
every character except link has a 7 frame lag when grabbing the ledge. You are active on frame 8.

Link has 3 frames of lag, but he also has 4 frames less of ledge invincibility.

That's why doing ledge hop stuff with link is easier than with the rest of the cast.

Top Bottom