• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oakville Uproar 2 Results Thread

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman

Original Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320342

Despite the recent disband, this tournament was run under Unity.

Hosted By : R e d X, Snow Shard, CrOwbaR, and WarChamp in Oakville Ontario Canada. Special Thanks to Navi and Fury for their tech help.

Venu Fee was 11 dollars. The extra dollar went towards funding Impulse, which I expect everyone to go to. Follow this thread to see that national, mutiple day tournament with an amazing attendance list out: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317315

Singles:

1) [YRSF] Tin Man ($96) :olimar:
2) TO Joe ($48) :fox: :wario: :falco:
3) Meekspeedy ($16) :sonic:
4) Iliad :marth:
5) Poke :marth: :falco: :dk:
5) Dan-Da-Man (DDM) :snake: :dk:
7) R e d X :ness:
7) Leafshadow :rob:
9) Snow Shard :kirby:
9) WarChamp :falco:
9) Phiddlesticks :bowser: :pt:
9) Patches :gw:
13) BlackSpikeD :samus: :mario: :falco:
13) CrOwbaR :pt:
13) Juicy :random:
13) Pidge :ness:

Doubles

1) MeekSpeedy + TO Joe ($96/2) :sonic: + :wario: / :fox: :snake: :gw:
2) [YRSF] Tin Man + Patches ($48/2) :olimar: + :gw:
3) Dan-Da-Man + Poke ($16/2) :snake: + :dk:
4) Snow Shard + LeafShadow :kirby: + :rob:
5) Phiddlesticks + Iliad :ness: + :dk:
5) R e d X + Pidge :ness: + :ness:
7) WarChamp + CrOwbaR :falco: + :pt:
7) BlackSpikeD + Soul :samus: :mario: :falco: + :diddy:

Tier Point Doubles

1) Tin Man + R e d X ($54/2) :olimar: + :ness:
2) MeekSpeedy + TO Joes ($27/2) :zelda: / :jigglypuff: + :metaknight:
3) Poke + Sauce ($10/2) :jigglypuff: + :metaknight:
4) Snow Shard + LeafShadow :kirby: + :rob:
5) Dan-Da-Man (DDM) + SK :falcon: :dk: + :snake:
5) Iliad + Phiddlesticks :falcon: + :wario:
7) BlackSpikeD + Soul :samus: :mario: :falco: + :diddy:
7) Pidge + CrOwbaR :ness: + :pt:
9) Navi + Fury :wolf: + :falcon:

Wheel of Salt

Tin Man, R e d X, Iliad, TO Joe, and MeekSpeedy all split the prize of $110 and called it a night.

Furthermore, characters are not listed due to the rules of this event which can be found after the results. Besides that, here are the results after that split.

6) Snow Shard
7) Phiddlesticks
7) Poke
9) Anon
9) LeafShadow
9) Dan-Da-Man (DDM)
13) BlackSpikeD
13) Pidge
13) CrOwbaR
13) SK
17) Juicy
17) Juicy JR.
17) Fury
17) Patches
17) Navi
17) Soul

Wheel of Salt Rules:

This event was run in a double elimination style and each set was Bo3. However, for each game in this best of 3 set, a professionally made, custom designed wheel (aptly named the Wheel of Salt) was spun to determine the style that game was be played in. The only restrictions are that meta-knight is banned (unless otherwise stated) and that the same game type cannot be played two or more games in a row unless both players agree to it. This event is more for the fun aspect. There were 32 wedges, here are what the wedges contained:

1/32: 3 Minute Coin Match
1/32: Salt in the Eyes (players are blindfolded with a non blindfolded coach)
1/32: Interpretive Brawl (Metal, Heavy, 300 dmg, Mega, custom stage with 4 platforms)
1/32: Duelist
2/32: 300 Stamina
2/32: Extended Counterpicks Only
2/32: 1 Stock (Bo3)
2/32: 8 Stock Super Sudden Death
2/32: Unity Ruleset
3/32: Apex Ruleset
3/32: Japanese Ruleset
3/32: Low Tiers
3/32: Mid Tiers
3/32: All-Brawl
3/32: Random Characters

For those who care, the first few spins of the wheel, and the entire event as a whole, were REALLY hyped up and enjoyed by everyone.

Crowd Favorite: Salt in the Eyes (I swear everyone paused their matches to watch every Salt in the Eyes match that happened, and some people agreed to play this event without even spinning the wheel.)

Crowd Least Favorite: Unity Ruleset. It was too basic and boring for this kind of event.

Thank you to everyone who came out, and to those who watched on stream. This couldn't have been done without you :)

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
The bracket will be up whenever I learn how to properly post brackets on here, as I failed to make the bracket a decent size when I did the results thread for Oakville Uproar one. This time I'll have help from the other more tech saavy TO's so expect the brackets up soon.

What the wheel landed on for each match was not recorded.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Had a great time this tourney, and I'm hoping you all had a good time too, was a lot of fun to host and great to see you all again along with some new faces :)

Some character usage details that I know off the top of my head:

Singles:

Phiddlesticks: :bowser2: / :pt: / :wario:

Tier Point:

TO Joe + Meek: :fox: / :metaknight: / :link2: + :sonic: / :jigglypuff: / :zelda: / :metaknight:

Iliad + Phiddlesticks: :marth: / :wolf: + :bowser: / :wolf:

Navi + Fury: :ganondorf: / :wolf: + :falcon:

This is what I remember off the top of my head that's not already up there, though I'm sure others will be able to fill in any other gaps.

Also shoutouts later!

Cruxis

Smash Lord
wheel of salt was an amazing idea wish i didnt miss out on it
in any of my future tourneys i will gladly implement it with oakvilles help

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Shoutouts to mark for being the cutest thing ever

More shoutouts later when I'm not asleep

:phone:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So jelly that I couldn't come to this.
Strawberry, orange, lemon, raspberry, lime, pineapple
All ****ing kinds of jelly

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
I used Falco in singles aswell, and Snake and Game&watch in doubles

Shoutouts to everyone at Dennys, shoutouts the amazing diss(Larry's with your jks!) i took in the parking lot before leaving dennys. Shoutouts to being blind folded with wolf on rainbow cruise. Thanks to everyone who helped host this tournament, was sooo tired midway through but i caught the hype train from the wheel of salt haha. Damn samnsquatch!!!!!!!!!!

also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnoNm90tajQ

Last edited:

Patches

Smash Master
I did quite poorly in singles, but **** happens. Gonna start using anothe character as well as GW. I'm starting to really understand his flaws too well. LOL

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
i didnt use wario at all in singles and in tier point doubles me and jon went wario/falcon (we tried other combinations just for kicks but none of them worked at all)

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
1) [YRSF] Tin Man ($96) - I'm going to host Olimar-banned tournaments.
2) TO Joe ($48) - Fox too stronk. Shoutouts to salt in the eyes
3) Meekspeedy ($16) - Get better scrub
4) Iliad - SAMSQUANTCH
5) Poke - You've gotten better, we didn't get to play but I can see the improvement.
5) Dan-Da-Man (DDM) - Forever underrated.
7) R e d X - You too. Forever underrated. G'**** for having the best venue in (probably) Canada. I wish your tourneys had more people, they're too good.
7) Leafshadow - YES!
9) Snow Shard - same as red X. ONCE AGAIN, ANOTHER MONEY MATCH HAS BEEN DODGED.
9) WarChamp - Stream monster. <3 u tho.
9) Phiddlesticks - FRAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIDDD CHICKANNNNNNN
9) Patches - Kinda disappointed with your placement tbh. Who did you play in bracket?? I wouldn't be suprised if you lost to like...DDM or something. Snake vs GnW is gay. G'**** in dubz tho.

Good stuff to everyone who came out. And everyone who didn't? You guys all missed out. Saw some familiar faces, and some relatively new faces (new to me, at least) which is always good to see. Keep coming out guys! And don't be afraid to ask some of Ontario's better players for friendlies/advice. It's probably the best way to improve. We're just as human as you guys are(Other than Tinman, he has no heart), no need to be scared.

Shoutouts to Kurtis for being the best Salt in the eyes coach.

Shoutouts to the ghetto stream.

Once again shoutouts to the TO's for doing a great job hosting this. The OU series is really good, and I hope you guys continue hosting tourneys.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Shouts;

Tin Man - really fun set man
TO Joe - ggs in bracket & MM. I actually have a Pika just for Fox/Falco but idk.. lol
Meekspeedy & Iliad - really wanted to play you guys in singles bracket! Next timee
Poke - sorry it took me a little while to wake up, haha. Game 1 vs Tin&Patches was crazy! I'll team again anytime
R e d X - man Idk.. using Snake vs you just seems so unfair, lol. ggs though
Leafshadow & Snow Shard - ggs guys
Phiddlesticks - chillest guy ever. fun games man.. but that nade stage spike ending was messed up lol
SK - fuuck come out more! :p

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Yeah dude it was gross. You shoulda seen that ****

Cruxis

Smash Lord
When do you think you'll be hosting No BS 3? When are you getting back?
i have no idea when ill be back

might be june 1, 6, 25, 30, july 1??? i found find out for sure until another month

but i will prob host No BS 3 july 28

but oakville i am dead srs about wheel of salt do i have your permission to impliment it and make a few changes to some wedges at my tourney?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Cruxis host it on the 21st its my birthday :)

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
alex come before june 28th bro!

edit: it was a glorious time getting homie talks with you as always, one of the best of the year

Last edited:

sauc3

Smash Lord
shoutouts to iriad for beating poke,
shoutouts to poke for taking a game off tinman and getting better
shoutouts to meek/phiddlesticks/iliad for getting carried in salt in the eyes.
shoutouts to joe for out epic set of falcon dittos in interpretive brawl
and finally, shoutouts to dennys, finger licken, no wait, eat great, even ... no, ITS ALWAYS OPEN!

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Cruxis host it on the 21st its my birthday :)

No Bull**** 3: Dedicated To Stef

i think so. you will be TO and decide all rules and stage list

even if its rainbow cruise only.

even.

alex come before june 28th bro!
i wish i had a say in it bro, ill come the day after i finish my exams ill find out as soon as they make the schedule

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Cruxis I like where this is going...

RC is only starter, CPs are norfair, pictochat, and wario ware

Tin Man

Smash Hero
^ Props to you my man :cool:

Haven't done these in a long time but here are my shoutouts :bee:

[collapse='1) [YRSF] Tin Man ($96)'] What's good Niukuh :bee:?[/collapse]

[collapse=2) TO Joe ($48)] GGs and good job beating Meek + Winning doubles :).[/collapse]

[collapse=3) Meekspeedy ($16)] LOL I'd like to hit up an Olimar banned tourney xD. But you could lrn toonlink and downsmash as well :p. GGs bro. I'm curious to see how you do in a low tier tournament :p.[/collapse]

[collapse=4) Iliad] Good s*** this tourney :). You got dat pictochat combo video status lol.[/collapse]

[collapse=5) Poke] After almost losing to DDM's DK I kinda woke up and knew what to do vs yours lol. Watch me vs DDM and look at all the dumb s*** I was doin :p. Also, Thx for coaching me :bee:.[/collapse]

[collapse=5) Dan-Da-Man (DDM)] Air dodge into DK Fsmash twice, LOL I felt like an idiot xD.[/collapse]

[collapse=7) R e d X] Mah n**** right here. Good s*** in Tier point bro. Things went a lot better than I expected. Like I said to you before, I like side doubles events since it allows me to team with new players and do well :bee:.[/collapse]

[collapse=7) Leafshadow] :metaknight: :bee:. You need to find another route home lol. I'm sure there's a Go bus from Oakville to York U, just not sure it's weekend schedule. And good s*** beating a PR member. N**** so darq on Frigate LOL.[/collapse]

[collapse=9) Snow Shard] :metaknight: :bee:. I've been practising for Brawl by playing Pikmin. I need to find my own copy of Pikmin 2 now. My white & purple pikmin management isn't up to par :p.[/collapse]

[collapse=9) WarChamp] Wish we got time to play bro. I'll see you @ IMPULSE :bee:.[/collapse]

[collapse=9) Phiddlesticks] GGs in Wheel of Salt lol. Salt in the eyes was interesting xD.[/collapse]

[collapse=9) Patches] I hope the advice I gave you will help you in the future as you play this game. GL at future tourneys n**** :bee:.[/collapse]

[collapse=13) BlackSpikeD] I'm glad you could find your way to this tourney bro :). I hope you can keep coming out to more. I'll keep in touch with you on facebook, and ggs n**** :bee:.[/collapse]

[collapse=13) CrOwbaR] Pokemon Trainer why :(. Diddy is top tier and viable lol. Shoutouts to me getting free food at Denny's again :rotfl:.[/collapse]

[collapse=13) Juicy] It's a small world sometimes bro. it was great seeing you again, and hopefully this wont be the last time :). Also, from one TO to another, good luck starting up tourneys in Hamilton :bee:.[/collapse]

[collapse=13) Pidge] I hope you had fun (outside of Wheel of Salt). You didn't look like the happiest person when you where separated from Mark :o.[/collapse]

[collapse=Soul] I'm glad you came out n**** :bee:. I hope you take the advice the ppl gave you to heart and you practice up this game![/collapse]

[collapse=Sauc3] Good to see you again. Wish we could have finished our friendlies and money matched lol. Also, good s*** in tier point. Wish you won loser finals haha.[/collapse]

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
[collapse=13) Pidge] I hope you had fun (outside of Wheel of Salt). You didn't look like the happiest person when you where separated from Mark :o.[/collapse]
I was having a really ****ty run in every bracket. inconsistency is my thing i guess lol. still had fun, but being with mark just makes me happy no matter what :p

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
[collapse=13) CrOwbaR] Pokemon Trainer why :(. Diddy is top tier and viable lol. Shoutouts to me getting free food at Denny's again :rotfl:.[/collapse]
Because viability is one thing, but I'm also using it to train myself. I'm not shafting Diddy completely, but playing PT shows me true weaknesses and how to work around them. Plus control and feel matter to me a lot, and frankly all of them feel solid to me, and I don't like heavy characters other than Charizard. It also taught me consistency, if I get salty with Diddy, I throw my brain out the window and just play poorly. When I play PT it's like strapping my arm down and saying "Are you gonna go aggro with Ivy? Yea, that's what I thought!"

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Because viability is one thing, but I'm also using it to train myself. I'm not shafting Diddy completely, but playing PT shows me true weaknesses and how to work around them. Plus control and feel matter to me a lot, and frankly all of them feel solid to me, and I don't like heavy characters other than Charizard. It also taught me consistency, if I get salty with Diddy, I throw my brain out the window and just play poorly. When I play PT it's like strapping my arm down and saying "Are you gonna go aggro with Ivy? Yea, that's what I thought!"
This is true. CrOwbaR is a decent player. Hes just CONSTANTLY INCONSISTENT. His PT plays much better than his Diddy because he can adapt to PTs changes well.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
but oakville i am dead srs about wheel of salt do i have your permission to impliment it and make a few changes to some wedges at my tourney?
You have my permission.... HOWEVER its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH more work and money than anybody realized. I can PM u the details if u want, but trust me, it was harder to get that wheel there then to run the entire tournament.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
You have my permission.... HOWEVER its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH more work and money than anybody realized. I can PM u the details if u want, but trust me, it was harder to get that wheel there then to run the entire tournament.
i can design my own wheel with boobs and beer all around it

Top Bottom