• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 37 Project WHOBO4 (3 of 5) by GameOver Video Games- IMPULSE Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync.

Smash Champion

HOBO 37 Powered by GameOver Video Games- IMPULSE CIRCUIT!!!!

Once again, this HOBO is at the venue we had last, GameOver Video Games. Since we were beyond good guests at the last HOBO they were happy to take us in again! This HOBO has a few things going on so be sure to read up!

IMPULSE CIRCUIT

HOBO 37 is apart of the IMPULSE Circuit. This means that the 2 people from Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, New Mexico and Arkansas that place the highest in singles at HOBO 37 will be awarded venue fee, singles, and doubles to help them show up to IMPULSE.

If two or more people from the eligible states are tied in placing, the tie breaker is solved by who placed higher in doubles. If this is still a tie, or you teamed with that person, then a 1v1, best 2 out of 3 set will happen between those renaming players, and the winner of that gets the prize.

The winners will be registered automatically. If you wish to give your prize to someone else, then you can simply register for them. Hence we register you, while you pay for your friend when you register them, thus indirectly awarding the prize to whomever you may choose to give it too. Therefore if you can not go to IMPULSE, there is a means of transferring the prize. Failure to attend IMPULSE without transferring the prize, results in the prize going to the next person from the eligible states that placed the highest in singles. Same rules apply for the tie breaker as well.

Venue:

Game Over Video Games 3281 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77027
Phone Number for the venue: (713) 664-6837
Venue Fee: Instead of a usual venue fee, all the venue asks for is for you to check in on Facebook or tweet about them on Twitter! All the people that do will get $1 off of everything in the store!
Also, do not bring outside food or drinks in the store! Thank you :)

Events:

Brawl Singles: $10 (Pools of 4 top 2 get out)
Brawl Doubles: $20 ($10 each player)
Amateur Bracket: Free!
Project WHOBO 4 fee: $3 (see below)

Schedule:

11:30 A.M. Set-Up/Registration
12:30 P.M. Brawl Singles Pools
~2:30 P.M. Brawl Doubles (near the end of pools)
4 P.M. Pro Bracket and Amateur Bracket
9:00 P.M. Close

Twitter/Livestream:
twitter.com/thegreatsync
https://twitter.com/#!/rockettrainer

Housing:

I am the only person in Houston currently housing so you may contact me if you would like housing. Additionally, Leaf can house out in Dayton if you would like to house ~60 minutes from Houston. Our numbers are below:

Sync: (713)-201-8338
Leaf: (936)-402-5208

You may also check out http://www.hotels.com/ if you would like to find a hotel close to the venue.

Rules:

This tournament will be ran according to the URC's latest ruleset, Unity 2.1 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

Setups:

Please please bring FULL setups(TVs/Wiis/SSBB) to this tournament! The more setups at the tournament the faster the tournament will run and more friendlies can be played :)

Payouts:

Brawl Singles:
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

Brawl Doubles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Amateur Bracket:
1st: 80% of 20% of the pot
2nd 20% of 20% of the pot

Project WHOBO 4

This HOBO will be the third phase of "Project WHOBO 4". At each future HOBO(38 and 39) there will be a Project WHOBO fee of $3 collected and added to the pot bonus for WHOBO 4. If you have any questions/comments about this, please post in this thread.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Impulse is going to be an extremely huge event about a month before WHOBO. Love that this is a circuit event for it.

Hype.

Dj PhaTz

Smash Cadet
I'm probably not gonna go to this one...ive been neglecting the melee scene (and i do actually want to get into it more) so I might go to barfights instead. Don't hate me too much :3 lulz, not like id even get out of pools at this anyway ;3

Tesh

Smash Hero
Glad to see you doing pools and AM bracket. Hoping to see good Pool seeding.

Is it true Gnes and Razer aren't attending?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
A tournament on a weekend that I'm not completely busy? Time to look for excuses outside of school...

Jrugs

Smash Ace
OOOOOOHHHHHH wait a min I see the scam now, Razer and Gnes are gonna say they're not attending so they can get more attendance, and then out of nowhere Gnes and Razer will show up and take the pot.

or Razer really isn't gonna show up and we all live with the tyranny of Trela.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Razer has a school function he cant pass up. Gnes will prob go unless other wise stated.

TBH though, they should be the LEAST of your worries.

Yall need to fear what the GREEN LESBIAN will do to you.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Crew battle? lol wow

That will be interesting to watch

yay for pools!!!!

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Razer has a school function he cant pass up. Gnes will prob go unless other wise stated.

TBH though, they should be the LEAST of your worries.

Yall need to fear what the GREEN LESBIAN will do to you.
I can miss it, but I choose not to this time. If anything, hopefully me not being there raises attendance. I might stop by after if it's on the way home but no promises.

sheikamaru

jive
I can miss it, but I choose not to this time. If anything, hopefully me not being there raises attendance. I might stop by after if it's on the way home but no promises.
i have new found respect for you razer. very noble of you. you have just earned my friend request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom