• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 7 - IMPULSE Circuit - Ft. Felix, Alphicans, KillLock, Asa...

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Phoenix Brawl 7 is apart of the IMPULSE Circuit. This means that the person from BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba that places the highest in singles at Phoenix Brawl 7 will be awarded $100 to help them show up to IMPULSE.

If two or more people from the eligible provinces are tied in placing, the tie breaker is solved by who placed higher in doubles. If this is still a tie, or you teamed with that person, then a 1v1, best 2 out of 3 set will happen between those renaming players, and the winner of that gets the prize.

If you wish to give your prize to someone else, then you can simply let [YRSF] Tin Man know. Therefore if you can not go to IMPULSE, there is a means of transferring the prize. Failure to attend IMPULSE without transferring the prize, results in the prize going to the next person from the eligible provinces that placed the highest in singles. Same rules apply for the tie breaker as well.

AllIsBrawl Tournament Page: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13234
Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/events/374078792615399/

Magic Stronghold Games and Accessories
5558 Lane Street
Burnaby, BC
V5H 2H5 (click for the location on Google Maps)

The venue is located less than 10 minutes in walking distance from the Royal Oak SkyTrain station. If you have any questions or concerns about reaching the venue via public transit, feel free to ask me, whether it's through a post in this thread, a VM, or a PM.

Entry Fees:

Venue Fee: $5
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)

Payouts:

Total entry fees for each event will be split into portions and distributed among the top placing players as follows...

Doubles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - $20

Singles (Pro Bracket)
1st - 55%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%
5th - $10 each

Singles (Amateur Bracket)
1st - $10

*Note - Pot splits may change depending on the attendance.

Schedule:

11:00am - Venue Opens, Brawl doubles registration
12:00am - Brawl doubles
2:30pm - Brawl singles registration
3:00pm - Brawl singles pools
6:00pm - Singles Amatuer Bracket begins
6:30pm - Singles Pro Bracket begins
8:30pm - Smash 64 Bracket begins
After singles - Friendlies/MMs/crews?

All times (with the exception of open/close times) are approximate. We will be doing elimination pools for singles, as long as we don't dip below 32 entrants. We'll do 8 pools to a top 16 pro bracket for 32-39 entrants, 8 pools to a top 24 pro bracket for 40-48 entrants, and 12 pools to top 24 pro bracket for 49+. If we somehow hit the 64 mark, we'll probably have to do 16 pools to a top 32 bracket. The pro bracket will receive the full prize pot payout. An amateur bracket will also be run for all those falling short of the pro bracket, where the winner will receive their singles entry fee back.

Rankings in pools will be determined first by set count, then by match count. If a pair of players is tied in both, they will do a tiebreaker set to determine who gets the higher seed. This is important because it means every match matters; throwing game 2 by using a secondary and scoring a 2-1 instead of a 2-0 could mean the difference between 1st seed and 2nd seed, or even Pro Bracket and Amateur Bracket if you end up in a tie with somebody else.

Rules:​

We will be using the Unity Ruleset for this tournament. (click the embedded link for details)

Set-ups:​

TVs
1. Stronghold Games
2. Stronghold Games
3. Stronghold Games
4. Stronghold Games
5. Stronghold Games
6. Stronghold Games
7. Stronghold Games
8. Stronghold Games
9. Stronghold Games
10. Stronghold Games
11. Stronghold Games
12. Stronghold Games
13. Meta
14. Meta
15. Meta

(The venue has 15 CRT TVs in total, but not all of them work. We have 6 that work 100%, but some of them require RF Modulators to work, and one of them simply doesn't work at all. I'll have to do a more thorough check of them soon to figure out the whole picture)

Wiis
1. Asa
2. Captain L
3. Big D
4. Aleate
5. Starwaffle
6. Sinister
7. Whaleu
8. IrisZ
9. Dfault
10. Kantrip
11. Attila
12. Kuraudo
13. Frio
14. Neebee
15. Jason

Power Bars
1. Firefly
2. Sinister
3. Sinister

Extension Cords

Attendence:​

If you are able to attend, please post, and I'll put you on the list. A star denotes that the person is unconfirmed. Dark blue indicates players from Alberta, purple indicates players from Nova Scotia, and white indicates players from the states.

1. Firefly
*2. Courier
3. Kuraudo
*4. Marcel
5. Starwaffle
6. Sinister
7. Captain L
8. DTP
9. Alphicans

10. Arcansi
11. Asa
12. Felix
*13. Dmac

14. Kantrip
15. Drake
16. Attila
17. GrapE
18. Irisz
19. Scorch
20. NeeBee
21. Gentlerain
22. Kenny
*23. Ugg
24. Dfault
*25. Kantrip's friend
*26. Kantrip's friend
27. SKidd
28. Breez
*29. -H-
30. Jason
31. Big D
*32. Cheeszeman
33. Blue Yoshi
34. Crisis
*35. Sinister's friend
*36. Sinister's friend
37. Raninf
*38. Bundtcake
39. Silverdrop
40. Busy
41. brningpyre
42. KillLock
43. Frio

44. Wyatt
47. Junk
48. Darkspines

49. Max Deslauries
*50. Desmond
51. YGGR
52. Meta
53. Whaleu
54. Honke
55. Leon
58. Slippy
*59. Yazz
*60. Mackie
*61. Evan
62. Ganonlink
63. Superboom
64. Lime
65. Fiji

47 confirmed, 14 unconfirmed.

Housing:​

Anybody who needs housing, or is able to provide it, should post here/contact me in some way. We will do our best to accommodate all of our guests!

I hope to see you there!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Woo looking forward to this. Will see what I can do to take that day off!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
... welp. Looks like my Smash hiatus will only be a month long. I'm gonna try to make it to this, perhaps even carpool down. I'll talk it over with the others, but for now consider me unconfirmed.

[EDIT]

OH HEY! I can finally get my Diesel belt back from Ben! It's still kicking around his house somewhere I'll bet!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^Lol I was thinking the same thing. Guess it's time to say farewell to the BC Brawl thread for a while...

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
... welp. Looks like my Smash hiatus will only be a month long. I'm gonna try to make it to this, perhaps even carpool down. I'll talk it over with the others, but for now consider me unconfirmed.

[EDIT]

OH HEY! I can finally get my Diesel belt back from Ben! It's still kicking around his house somewhere I'll bet!
Glad to hear it. =] I'll start updating the attendance list later tonight.

count with me for this
Okay. One...two...three...four...five...

:005:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
2 AND A HALF MONTHS

THE HYPE IS BUILDING

ALBERTA GON GET WRECKED

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Me and Blunted Object were talking about it, and we discussed the idea of having the Brawl and Melee qualifiers as two separate events as opposed to a single tournament. Since the last time I talked to him about it, I noticed that Northwest Manifest, a Melee regional in Washington, has been labeled as an Impulse qualifier. =s So I guess that's how we're doing it.

Honestly though, it's probably better for everybody this way.

Edit: Dammit Luke. :x Anyway, Felix wants to come, but the WA/OR Brawl community is pretty much dead now. Hopefully we'll get a carpool regardless!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Me and Blunted Object were talking about it, and we discussed the idea of having the Brawl and Melee qualifiers as two separate events as opposed to a single tournament. Since the last time I talked to him about it, I noticed that Northwest Manifest, a Melee regional in Washington, has been labeled as an Impulse qualifier. =s So I guess that's how we're doing it.

Honestly though, it's probably better for everybody this way.

Edit: Dammit Luke. :x Anyway, Felix wants to come, but the WA/OR Brawl community is pretty much dead now. Hopefully we'll get a carpool regardless!

It is most definitely not better for everyone. AB melee does exist, and is fairly good.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
The day I don't SD will be a glorious day.

That day will be April 28th, looking forward to it.

but yo melee/brawl would be pretty hype, i'll bring a melee set-up at the very least :smirk:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
It didn't seem to me like AB Melee would be able to travel; I got the impression from lurking that they haven't left the province for tournaments in quite a while, and simply stick to going back and forth between Edmonton and Calgary. I mean, you'd know more than me, but the Melee and Brawl communities in BC ARE better off staying separate. I figured we'd just have two separate events and leave the Melee community to figure out what they want to do for their qualifier, since the events would probably be much better off being run separately.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Oh cool, Pheonix 7!

looks like no poster is needed this time.

I can most likely house people. No spare bedroom or anything though so you'll be sleeping on the floor... well I guess there is a very thin foam matress and the couch in my living room. Maybe my sister's room if i can get her to leave.

and I can bring my wii

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Starwaffle, you have no idea how legit that would be. I was honestly a little concerned that housing would be a problem this time, so that would be a huge help. =] I'll probably be able to provide a little bit of housing too, but I don't have much space.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
The melee/brawl thing makes sense, I could agree to that.

confirm me & my wii

and since we're talking about housing, i can do backup housing if it's needed, thing is we'd need to transit to the venue which isn't a problem for me but some of the OoP kids might not take to it to fondly. So just throw me last on the housing list as just-in-case or something.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Confirm me. Also, after reading Tin Man's part of the first post, what if someone from Washington takes first?

I'm gonna practice up for this :)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Oh damn I forgot that its not at home video D=

My house was in an ideal location for that venue. It'll take an hour by car or one hour and fourty five minutes by transit.

but free housing is free housing, come if you'd like.

Asa

Smash Hero
the highest placing american will get free venue/entry

the highest placing canadian will get the stipend

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
needs moar F-Zero GX

i'd MM anyone in that

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I want too so bad but.. my life ended roughly two years ago, perhaps longer I'm not entirely sure.

My pride & joy
the other one
was scratched and doesn't get more than 5 minutes into the game without it being unable to read.

long story short don't ask women for anything unless it involves kitchen stations or laundry, you will only end up disappointed.

I've tried many things to fill the void but nothing has come even remotely close, I will be forever incomplete </3

Although i might buy a new disc at Impulse if i make it there :awesome:

/bitter sweet endings

in other words i need a new GX disc

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I think.. I think i might love you

I AM SO DOWN FOR AN F-ZERO FEST

:bee:
:bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee:

Asa

Smash Hero
tinny told me to declare canadian nationality or american

chose canada obvs

also EAWA is looking into this~

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
If an AB carpool happens I will come to this.

Top Bottom