• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

October 19th Sudden Death XIV: Scio Logos (Prog's return!) - October 19th, 2013 - Bklyn, NY

D1

Banned via Administration
Last time we ever had Melee in the 5 boroughs of NYC was during the "DIP!" series, well after talks with Henry Cen the owner of Next Level Arcade aka the "New Chinatown Fair" in Brooklyn, NY we are here to bring you:

Time: 12pm-12am

Directions by Train: Take the D to 9th Ave. The store is just 3 blocks away. 8th Ave btwn 40th St. and 41 St. When you leave the train station make a left and you'll be at 9th and 39th St. Make a right and you'll walk down a long block which will lead you to 8th and 39th St. Make a left and walk down two blocks to reach the Next Level Arcade.

Venue $10-This is the good thing, its not like your regular venue. This is actually an arcade, so if you decide to pay venue for the rest of the day we're there you can play whatever games you want in the arcade free of charge! You can play MvC3, SSF4:AE, etc. Have a ball! Courtesy of Henry Cen!

Now to get things rolling with the game everyone still loves to play till this day:

Melee Singles-$10

Melee Doubles $10 per teammate

UMvC3 $10(360) You can rent a stick for $3 if need be

Melee Rules:

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

WOBBLING IS ALLOWED!

----------------------------

UMvC3 Singles
2/3 sets WF/LF/GFs 3/5 sets
-standard Evo ruleset 99 second timer etc no freeze glitches etc. (including Dante's quicksilver) character+assist lock if you win first game, you can change character+assist if you lose.

--------------------

I want everyone come thru and have a good time! Its relatively easy to get on the D train there are many trains in the city that transfer to it. We also have many nice restaurants in the area to eat at as well. The venue owner is really nice, and is always willing to hear what the public likes and what would make the tournaments run better. So come out and show support!

~D1 (Cell # 646 247 8609)

LLDL

Smash Hero
This is right near my cousins house. I'm interested.

Max?

Smash Champion
FFFFFF, I have other plans but this looks really immaculate. I'm going to try to come.

D1

Great neighborhood trust me guys. There are just white people and asians everywhere.

LOL I'm black and I'm so racist towards my own kind HAHA! Also yes Chain-Ace is correct that is the address. 4013 8th Ave.

Also the venue owner is trying to provide CRTs, I'll try to see if I can get you guys a number of setups by Wednesday!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Me and bum are planing to through a brawl event on this day. He needs to get back to me on that. If he does not or date needs to be switch, then I will come to this.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yooo u know if i was in ny on this date i would so come bro .... also btw put the date in the title ... TRUST me date that title up LOL

and i'll be here for the next one ... i'm assuming next month since weekend after in genesis and after that is evo ... either way ... good **** homie

D1

The date's there it says July 9th and noooo problems Chris it was hella hard to find a date to not coincide with any Melee events for this month. If I clash with any Brawl events ah well so be it LOL.

Brooklyn (esp the areas d1 picks out) don't feel Urban at all. They feel like any old random town in NJ.

Edit : D1's sig hurts my eyes.
: ( I'm sry I really like the thunder gif

Eggm

Smash Hero
Its fine, I'll just ignore it. :) It is cool, I just can't watch it loop more than like 3 times lol.

D1

LMAO its cool! Spread the word to anyone you know in your area to see if they can make it brah!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yo D1. The hall of gaming hosts had rescheduled their tourney to the 9th to let no johns attendance grow. This seems like it will kind of destroy their turnout. I plan on coming to this either way, but I'm posting just so you are aware of the situation, this has happened to them 2 or 3 times previously.

Eggm

Smash Hero
CT should just unhost and get everyone here instead. :) Were better... so they should come to us. xD

Max?

Smash Champion
We really don't have to prove ****, but once again I don't think that the turn outs will be effected by both tournies happening on the same day. They are over 3 hours apart from one another.

Eggm

Smash Hero
come up here and prove it :)
Hall of Gaming 4 - 4/9/11 - Wallingford, CT
Very fun tournament. Glad everyone made it out. I dunno what happened to a rumored NJ car though.

See you all at MM.

Videos by Diesel
http://www.youtube.com/user/twist448?feature=mhum

Singles
bracket: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9582/hog4singles.gif
1: Jman ($148)
2: th0rn ($62)
3: Swift ($44)
4: $Mike ($25)
5: DJ Nintendo ($12)
5: Banks ($12)
7: Spawn
7: G$
9: KevinM
9: Mafia
9: Garbage
9: Phish-It
13: MattDotZeb
13: Jinjo
13: S L O X

Singles Amatuer
bracket: http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5296/hog4amatuer.gif
1: TWebb ($24.75)
2: Diesel ($24.75)
3: Super Duper Collin ($5.50)
4: g
5: Boxman
5: Crush
7: Aber
7: zebra
9: Silus
9: Strawhats
9: Megaman 360
9: Pyn

Doubles
bracket: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3515/hog4doubles.gif
1: veterans (Alu + Jman) ($60.50)
2: Fleshwang (th0rn + Banks) ($33.00)
3: Smell that bread (G$ + DJN) ($16.50)
4: YO DEY GOT MU****A IN DIS GAME?!?! (KevinM + $Mike)
5: **** (Phish-It + T Webb)
5: Ruining your anime (Swift + S l o x)
7: Ice Grilling Those *****es (Dark Dragoon + Boxman)
7: Call us Charlie Sheen cuz we're winning (Mafia + MattDotZeb)
9: Do you think a baby could eat another baby? (Pro Skater + Diesel)
9: Cloin and Camera (Super Duper Collin + Cam Factor)
9: Zebra's wearing straw hats (Strawhats + Zebra)

Hall of Gaming 3 results
Hey guys. This was a really fun (and stacked) tournament. Had a recording set going, and there will be entertaining matches put up by Diesel later.
It ran a little later than usual, so I apologize to those who drove far and are going to get back very late.

See you guys at the next one.

Doubles

1: Nando + Hax (Nando + Hax) ($71.50)
2: Ryu and Ken (Alu + Eggm) ($39.00)
3: Team Wheat Thins: Quad-****ed Burrito (With Chilli) (Mafia + $mike) ($19.50)
4: G$ + Hazzard (G$ + Hazzard)
5: Real G's Move in Silence like Lasagna (KevinM + HaileyM)
5: Spawn Brookman (Brookman + Spawn)
7: Diesel is gay (Diesel + Andy)
7: Raging dinosaurs (Sol + Phish It)
9: Kartel + MattDotZeb (Kartel + MattDotZeb)
9: Zebras wearing Strawhats (Zebra + Strawhats)
9: Eat Gat Slow Choke and Die with Birthday Cake (AxelSlam + DarkDragoon)
9: Bolt + S L O X (Bolt + Slox)
13: Falco and Son (8bit + Sea)

Doubles bracket:
http://oi56.tinypic.com/a1q1z8.jpg

Singles bracket:
1: Eggm ($177.60)
2: Hax ($81.40)
3: Swift ($51.80)
4: Alukard ($29.60)
5: Yedi ($14.80)
5: $mike ($14.80)
7: OTG
7: G$
9: Phish-It
9: Arc
9: Spawn
9: Hazzard
13: KevinM
13: Nando
13: MattDotZeb
13: QPac
17: HaileyM
17: $Andy
17: $Diesel
17: $Mafia

Singles bracket:
http://oi56.tinypic.com/2yw7n8o.jpg

Pools:

Pool1
1. G$ (6-0) (12-2)
2. Spawn (5-1) (11-2)
3. Yedi (4-2) (8-4)
4. Mafia (3-3) (7-7)
5. R00R (2-6) (5-8)
6. Zebra (1-5) (2-10)
7. Heather (0-6) (0-12)

Pool2
1. Hax (7-0) (14-0)
2. Phish-it (6-1) (12-4)
3. KevinM (5-2) (11-6)
4. Diesel (4-3) (9-7)
5. Silas (3-4) (8-9)
6. Papito (2-5)
7. Aber (1-6) (2-12)
8. 8bit (0-7) (0-14)

Pool3
1. Eggm (6-0) (12-1)
2. Hazzard (5-1) (10-2)
3. MattDotZeb (4-2) (8-6)
4. QPac (3-3) (8-7)
5. ProSkater (2-4) (6-8)
6. G (1-5) (2-11)
7. Strawhats (0-6) (1-12)

Pool4
1. Swift (6-0) (12-2)
2. Nando (5-1) (11-4)
3. Arc (4-2) (9-4)
4. Rep (2-4) (6-10)**
5. Andy (2-4) (5-8)
6. Mikael (2-4) (5-8) > Lost pool set vs Andy
7. Dark Dragoon (0-6) (1-12)

Pool5
1. $Mike (7-0) (14-1)
2. Alukard (6-1) (12-4)
3. OTG (5-2) (11-4)
4. HaileyM (3-4) (8-10)
5. s l ox (3-4) (7-9)
6. Kartel (3-4) (7-9) > Lost pool set vs s l o x
7. Bolt (1-6) (3-12)
8. Sea (0-7) (0-14)

**I want to say I'm sorry to Rep
I was reviewing the pools and realized I had made a mistake. He should have placed into Bracket and not Andy
They had the same Set W-L, and the Match W-L was 1 win apart, so it went to Rep for 4th in the pool. Andy, however, was the one I marked as 4th.

That was a mistake, and Rep will be getting free entry to the next tournament he attends. I promise this will not happen again, sorry about that. Thank you for recording.

Check out what Rep puts up at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RepSSBM

Been there done that. I've also won a CT tournament there recently that wasn't HOG, I can't find the results for it either. I also have won two mass maddnesses including one with kdj when he was on like a 3 mass maddness winning streak. Come here please. :) Jman seemed to have picked up the slack when I couldn't travel for tristate. I"m almost sure hax has one a few new England tournaments as well.

D1

I apologize HOG ppl, but yeah you guys are 3 hours away so I guess this is the help out the locals who can't get rides from ppl and whatnot. I wanted to wait till August but the venue owner wanted a July event and all the other weekends are pretty much filled.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I apologize HOG ppl, but yeah you guys are 3 hours away so I guess this is the help out the locals who can't get rides from ppl and whatnot. I wanted to wait till August but the venue owner wanted a July event and all the other weekends are pretty much filled.
No worries. Swift and I are cancelling it on July 9th.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
The date's there it says July 9th and noooo problems Chris it was hella hard to find a date to not coincide with any Melee events for this month. If I clash with any Brawl events ah well so be it LOL.
Good luck and hope it goes well.

R3N0

Smash Lord
marvel side tourny?!!?! BRING YA STICKS!!!!!

(d1 aint say anything about it but im sure henry cen won't have an issue with MARVAL BABY!!)

OMG IM SUPER DUPER HYPEDDDDDD LOL

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo just go ape **** on reno in marvel ... he doesn't know that its possible to block in that game LOL

fangs

Smash Rookie
hi im new here, been playing melee for about 1.5 years or so, and this will be my first tournament. im gonna be dragging a friend from manhattan along, we are both pretty new to smash and are looking forward to this

Top Bottom