• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 2=April 2nd-4th! San(ike) vs Xyro(samus) 100$mm! Results thread is up!!!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

WORLD HOBO 2(april 2nd-4th)

WHOBO 1 was such a huge success(140 players) i think its time we do a WHOBO 2. Its pretty much the same thing as last year(Smash/Anime/Hot girls/Rave) except that this time the attendance will surge much higher then last year( i expect 180-210). WHOBO 2 will be a 3 day event(Good friday-Easter sunday) so please request of ALL 3 days and be prepared for a weekend you will NOT forget! Oh and please keep checking this thread every other day because there may be updates on rules/ payouts/ attendance and other random details.

Venue

Anime Matsuri @ Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel
1601 Lake Robbins Drive The Woodlands, Houston, Texas, 77380
Hotel phone number= 1-281-367-9797(call them if you need ANY info about directions or address)

Sky bridge(from the outside its a green hallway suspended in the air over the street) is upstairs and that is the ONLY place where you can get your badge and get into the convention.

The NINJA ROOM is where the smash events weill be held. Please get there ASAP.

if you have any questions, post

Set-ups

Dugfinn has 65-70 tvs in her garage(rofl) and that is our STARTING supply of tvs. It would be nice of other brawl full-set ups but they are not needed. What IS needed is WII/SSBB. I ask that EVERYBODY bring a wii/ssbb because we need those the most. Each item you bring in will be tagged and it WILL NOT be able to leave the room unless the OWNER takes it out of the room. So in other words, your items are 100% safe.

TL;DR

We have 65-70 tvs
Bring wii/ssbb
All items will be tagged and safe

Registration

http://digitaldimensiongaming.com/tournamentregistration.htm

This website allows you to pre-register and pre-pay your events(/Badge/1vs1/2vs2/low tier.....ect) however you are not REQUIRED to pre-pay on ANYTHING. You can still pay in person at this event(the prices will be higher though).

NOTE: you MUST buy a badge to be able to ENTER the Tournament(think of it as a venue fee). I know all of these fees seem expensive but i assure you its WELL WORTH the money. Just ask ANY person who went to WHOBO 1 and experienced the events/convention/rave.

Housing

OPTION 1: Make posts in this thread and Houston players can house you.

OPTION 2: Rent out a HOTEL room at the tourney venue(1-281-367-9797). Mention that you want a room because you are attending the anime convention called "anime matsuri" and they should have some sort of discount. You can also ask other smasher to help pitch in some cash for a room(which makes it cheaper for the whole group).

OPTION 3: I might be given a room or 2 thats empty. If possible, i will try and get some people in there. DO NOT RELY ON THIS OPTION.

Events

By the way,the room we have to play smash in is open 24 hours a day. So if things run late, its ok. The schedule is not 100% finalized and Times may be changed. Keep checking back here for updates.

Fri.
1 pm - Brawl Singles Pool
4 pm - SoulCalibur 4 (360)
5 pm - Brawl Teams
6 pm - Tekken 6 (PS3)
8 pm - BlazBlue (PS3)

Sat.
11 am - Brawl Teams Low Tier(F and G tier)
2 pm - Street Fighter 4 (PS3)
3 pm - Brawl Singles
5 pm - Mario Kart Wii
6 pm - Marvel vs Capcom 2 (PS3)
7 pm - Brawl Singles Low Tier(F and G tier)
8 pm - Blazblue (360)

Sun.
12 pm - Brawl Teams ISP
2 pm - Brawl Singles ISP
3 pm - Brawl Crew Battle

Prizes/Payout

The PAYOUT for 1vs1 is:

1st=45%
2nd=25%
3rd=10%
4th=7%
5th(x2)=5%
7th(x2)=1.5%
(low tier/ISP may be different)

The PAYOUT for 2vs2 is:

1st=60%
2nd=25%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
(low tier/ISP may be different)

Rules

Random/neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter-pick: Lylat Cruise, Brinstar, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, Castle Siege, Halberd, Port Town, Pictochat.

Banned: Everything else. If both players agree to play on a banned stage....its ok

1. Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with a 8(or 7) minute timer

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

BANNED

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

STALLING

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule

ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH(assuming it goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide).

Stage Gliding Rule(metaknight ONLY)

Due to recent events of M2k vs Meep/Gnes, i have created the Stage Gliding Rule. Metaknight is not allowed to glide under ANY stage more than 2 times in a row. He MUST land an attack in order to be able to reset the the stage glide count.

EXTRA

1. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION ABOUT ANYTHING, PLEASE POST HERE. If that does not work, please call Xyro(409-692-0697) or DugFinn(832-472-7165). My aim is Xyro77 and you can also PM me if i dont answer my phone.

2. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring wii/ssbb!!!!!!! We need to fill 65-70 tvs.

3. April 2nd is GOOD FRIDAY which means 98% of all people are off of school. EASTER SUNDAY(family time) is the 4th and that is why we are having the LEAST important events on that day.

4. Here are the results of WORLD HOBO 1. It makes my tummy sick!!! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229419

5. Other than smash, this event is an ANIME convention. There will be cosplay(hot girls)/art/movie showings/manga/toys/food/Imported cars/SBO qualifiers and a Rave at midnite on friday and saturday.

6. AllIsBrawl link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5806

7. Live stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/whobo-2

8. Updates on twitter: http://twitter.com/HOBO_Series

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Epic.

Yeaahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Look in the registration link. Entry fees are actually pretty cheap, it's the venue/badge fee that people have to worry about.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm excited!

EDIT: -1 for me not being able to find G&W in the large image at the top =(

+1

EDIT2: I've been correct. he's in the exact center holding a FIRE MOP instead of a hammer :smash:

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
This is Inui.

Metaknight can ONLY be played on neutral/starter stages(this does not apply in 2vs2) . PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.
This needs to be discussed. I don't care if you say "end of discussion." It's dumb and no other region has such a rule and Atlantic North definitely disagrees. I can and will convince DugFinn to side with me on it, Xyro. If you want this to be a "world" HOBO, you need to cater to the other regions, not your own beliefs.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
This is Inui.

This needs to be discussed. I don't care if you say "end of discussion." It's dumb and no other region has such a rule and Atlantic North definitely disagrees. I can and will convince DugFinn to side with me on it, Xyro. If you want this to be a "world" HOBO, you need to cater to the other regions, not your own beliefs.
Agreed

And this is going to be amazing =]

Trela

Smash Lord
I'm going to try to bring as MANY Lucario players as possible!

I talked to Azen about it not long ago, and his answer was maybe. Now for Junebug...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'm excited!

EDIT: -1 for me not being able to find G&W in the large image at the top =(
hes there. in the exact middle!

OH SHI-

GET HYPED PEOPLE. But don't forget to bring setups. O,o Dis gown b THE TOURNEY of modern smash. Favorited.:falco:
i would like full set-ups but we will already be starting out with 65-70 tvs. so wii/ssbb are in big need right now.

Santi

Smash Lord
I may go just to grind on some smashers after the tournament.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I wish I could go, but I likely won't be able to since it's over Easter.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I'm considering Going, I shall needz a partner for Both regular doubles and low tier doubles. PX do low tier doubles with me!!! DOUBLE GANON!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
This is Inui.

People in Texas alredy go to tournies more when MK isn't allowed at all, these rules may actually bring about more people to this tourney from OOS than it would with MK allowed on everything.

I'm interested to see how this goes.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Xyro, I really like you. you have the most respect one can garner from me through the medium of an internet forum.

For the love of god, do NOT cave to Inui.

Also, I will be doing everything with in my power to attend this.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Yay!

OK, so, we're stepping it up from last year's WHobo.

New stuff to look forwards to:
- Food! it'll be available for dirt cheap INSIDE the game room now
- epic new on-line reg system. Go reg now!
- more events and tounies. We're actually working on a partnership with the SBO guys to do exhibition matches in front of the SBO audience (like 1000 people will be watching you!) and stuff
- etc

Just check out last year's WHobo and tell me you're not peeing your pants in anticipation!

WHOBO Journey - still the sexiest video!

WHobo AM - like an AMV

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
- more events and tounies. We're actually working on a partnership with the SBO guys to do exhibition matches in front of the SBO audience (like 1000 people will be watching you!) and stuff
Nice! That explains why I saw Tekken 6 and other games in the lineup.

WHOBO 2 is a must for me now. No questions asked.

Top Bottom