• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Monthlies # 4 Results - 11/14/2009

Eggm

Smash Hero
Teams :

1: Divine Babies (Tag + Lambchops) ($56.00)
2: Kings of Indecency (Hax + Alukard) ($16.00)
3: The Sailors of Speedy Destruction (HBK + Hazzard) ($8.00)
4: Noobs of Destructive Spam (Prog + BenTeezy)
5: Skies of Luck (Tipman + XYT)
5: Return of the Betas (H3aderon + Yuri)
7: I Don't Care (Andy + S&S)
7: Pair of Divine Incredibility (Enzo + Deathnight)

Singles :

1: HBK ($119.00)
2: Chops ($34.00)
3: Eggm ($17.00)
4: tag
5: Tipman
5: Hazzard
7: deathknight
7: Hax
9: H3aderon
9: SandS
9: XYT
9: Alukard
13: Yuri
13: Enzo
13: BenTeezy
13: Prog
17: andy

Thanks for coming everyone!

Bracket image :

Eggm

Smash Hero
I have changed my opinion on falco not being better than fox. They are equal. xD Once I can beat chops I will go back to saying fox is the best. :)

Edit : Special thanks to the Tinton falls guys ( Yuri, Andy, H3aderon, and S&S) for bringing it hard with 4 people that really helped the tournament out a lot with the turnout.

Special boo to the people who were coming from philly and never did (Lunar nova, haloween, gary, etc...) boooooooo lol, but please come next time haha.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
shoutouts later, but first, i have a metric ton of matches recorded and no idea who they might be. i'll post the matches and any tags used, stage, etc. later

if you know any of these matches and whether or not they were tourney or friendlies, let me know
note all these matches were on the tv we were playing crews on:
pink falcon(hax?) vs blue marth (no tags on either) - battlefield
pink falcon(hax?) vs default falcon (no tags on either) - pokemon stadium
pink falcon(hax?) vs green fox (no tags on either) - yoshi's story
default jiggs (hax?) vs green fox (no tags on either) - fd
red ganon (guessing yuri because of rumble being on) vs green fox (no tags on either) - fd
red ganon (guessing yuri because of rumble being on) vs green fox (no tags on either) - bf
pink falcon (m2k tag, hax?) vs green fox (PC tag) - FD - confirmed as hax$ vs tag
pink falcon (m2k tag, hax?) vs green fox (PC tag) - YS - confirmed as hax$ vs tag
pink falcon (m2k tag, hax?) vs green fox (PC tag) - DL64 - confirmed as hax$ vs tag

red falcon (no tag) vs green marth (h3aderon) - FD
red falcon (no tag) vs green marth (h3aderon) - DL64
blue falco (PC tag) vs blue fox (D1 tag) - BF - confirmed ben vs hazz
blue falco (PC tag) vs blue fox (D1 tag) - PS - confirmed ben vs hazz
default falco (chops) vs blue marth (no tag) - BF - confirmed chops vs tag
default falco (chops) vs blue marth (no tag) - YS - confirmed chops vs tag

let me know what i have in this hour long chunk of unmarked footage.

also, flame, looking at you, but if anyone wants to make the crew battle look all pretty and then upload it, send me a pm here.

R3N0

Smash Lord
LOL Go HBK. you lil *****!! LOL you lie you be practicing all the god.dam.n time.

Effing first place over chops eggm and tipman.
GET-*****-TRI-STATE
HBK IS OUTTA RETIREMENT.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Hell yeah he is and i'm glad. We needed some one to replace m2k to still be the best region. xD He's lucky chops beat me cause i was gonna go falco in gf's. :)

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
prog last 4 r me vs hazz and chops vs tag.

SHOUTOUTS TO HBK AND ALU FOR THAT CREWS TRASH TALK THAT **** WAS HILARIOUS.

GOT'EM!! lolololol.

good **** to hbk that marth was clutch.
good **** to hazz fun as usual.
xyt ill make sure to make it to u next time so u can get ur revenge thnx for being so nice.
tip fun as hell to play as usual.
enzo- we got these nikkas next time.
prog - we need to team more we think too much alike lolol get at the ****ing team combos :)
eggm- it was alot better than i thought itd be good ****, we need to get friendlies in at rom i was playing horrible i wanna see how i can do when im not playing super bad.

i passed out in the car then went home and passed out right away. i just got up 13 hours later, lol tired johns.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
all vids will be on http://www.youtube.com/prog2112foabp

with my dsl, everything should be up by...tuesday (with the exception of crews)

1: HBK ($119.00) - good stuff, good to have you playing again, and the trash talk was definitely LOL worthy with such quotables as "where's my car?" "i've never seen this side of prog"
2: Chops ($34.00) - crazy sets in wf and gf, definitely going to head to queens/bronx and get more games in when i don't have work
3: Eggm ($17.00) - next time we play, remind me that you prefer chipotle. then i'll get that win. good tourney, the pizza was meh, beef patties were decent.
4: tag - we finally play, of course its in crews, haha. white mike went on a spirit journey, if you interrupt him, he may never find nirvana. gotta play more often man, we can bring our rock climbing equipment to emily's house
5: Tipman - wtf at the radio. had legend of zelda, african tribal music, samurai showdown. wtf.
5: Hazzard - did we play any friendlies? all that needs to remembered is next week: the ocho.
7: deathknight - really good work man. keep working on those spacies, but your puff definitely puts in work.
7: Hax - all i have to say is wtf. that combo wasn't recorded. 3 people saw it.
9: H3aderon - definitely a legit marth, keep it up.
9: SandS - didn't play, but you definitely need more rage against the machine.
9: XYT - your burrito was horrible. i know it, you know it. we still have to play again.
9: Alukard - think i get that matchup now, not saying things will be different next time, but things will be different.
13: Yuri - fun friendlies.
13: Enzo - I'M SO SPECIAL. yeah, i get my work schedule today, so i'll let you know when we can smash during the week.
13: BenTeezy - definitely good stuff in teams man, we definitely are both looking out for that knockout punch. and i'm just saying, 793 damage.
13: Prog -

17: andy - definitely a good falcon, when you sense fear, you gotta capitalize on it.

good games, peace, see you guys next week, i'll be the guy with 2 gallons of chocolate milk and a taste for QDOBA.

like i said, i'll be uploading what i can before/during work, the hard part is going to be doing that hour long chunk. chain ace is going to do crews for me.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Lol Best team name ever. Were using that everytime we team from now on. Keitaro just teach me brawl and ill play it Hold some fests during the winter b4 pound gets here and ill go. And johns reno you practice more than i do, your a train ride away from like every ny smasher. All i get is xyt training...

R3N0

Smash Lord
i don't play with anyone in ny. I'm so effing busy trying to afford my apt.

xyt

Smash Lord
Lol Best team name ever. Were using that everytime we team from now on. Keitaro just teach me brawl and ill play it Hold some fests during the winter b4 pound gets here and ill go. And johns reno you practice more than i do, your a train ride away from like every ny smasher. All i get is xyt training...
ooouf wow that hurts hbk : (

XD lol

unknown522

Some guy
I have changed my opinion on falco not being better than fox. They are equal. xD Once I can beat chops I will go back to saying fox is the best.
Quoting this. Not FT or anything, but it's just really funny.

Anyways, good work HBK, chops, eggm.

How were the set counts / stocks up to top 7?

h3aderon

Smash Rookie
@ Prog,
red falcon (no tag) vs green marth (h3aderon) - FD
red falcon (no tag) vs green marth (h3aderon) - DL64

Those matches were the second round of the tourny. Red falcon was Yuri

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
I beat Eggm 2-1 winners semis, beat Chopz 3-0 winners finals, bracket doesn't show it but I lost to Chopz 3-0 1st set of grand finals, then won the 2nd set of grand finals 3-1

Chopz beat Tag 2-0 winners semis I think, beat Eggm 3-1 in losers finals

Eggm beat Tag 2-0 losers semis and beat Hazz 2-1 in losers quarters

Tag beat Hax 2-0? in winners quarters and beat tipman 2-1 in losers quarters

Id be guessing set count for anything after that

Edit-Scar you suck for missing this...and you didnt even win crews at your tourny

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
LOL Hazzard lost to my boy deathknight

Get ***** son

Sorry I coudn't show up RP car is broken i would have brought three more people but there is always next time.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
lol, I went Puff to practice for ROM2. It was close though against Hazz. He almost came back against me on Mute when he was 3 stock to 1 and the 3rd match I got 2 quick rests to finish the match.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I have changed my opinion on falco not being better than fox. They are equal. xD Once I can beat chops I will go back to saying fox is the best. :)
:p

told you, Falco is ****, clearly better than Marth and Sheik and Jiggs, close enough to call it a draw with Fawks. In singles of course, Fox and Jiggs are both leaps and bounds above all else in teams.

gj HBK, TSA, TSA, TSA, TSA, TSA, TSA!

kupo15

Smash Hero
Just wondering, but why are there so many bye's in the bracket? This happened to a bracket to one of the schools tourneys (first time using it) and we had a bye problem. Well, I guess it isn't a problem, right?

Top Bottom