• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alukard

Smash Hero
TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE POLL SHOWS THAT ITS GOING TO BE POOLS DAY 1 FOR BOTH EVENTS ... ALSO CREWS AFTER POOLS... AND THEN BRACKETS DAY 2

AIM me at AlukardEMP if u have any questions. I'll try my best to help out with w.e i can ^_^.

"The list of "pros/high level players/OOS"

Alukard =]
G$
PC Chris
Jman
M2k
Mang0
Raynex
Kage
VWins
HomeMadeWaffles
Phil
Hungrybox
Swiftbass
Vanz
Tec0
Mogwai
Plank
Chu Dat
Azen ... CHU ... i'm holding u to this ... u said if i get PC u will get azen lolol =]
Boss
Lovage
Zhu??
Scar
Hax$
Tink??
Shroomed
Colbol
Frames
PB&J
DjNintendo
Pakman
DR.PP
Milktea??
Chops??
Soap
KevM
Tipman
Axe???
Renth??
Linguini
D1
HaZz
HBK
Reno
Banks?
Th0rn?
D'OH
DaShizWiz
ZrO

and that was just from going thru the pages LOL

SETUPS!!!

Ok first off ... we need tv's and set ups ... the venue i believe only has 2 tv's and a wii i think and i haven't checked them personally for lag or anything.

We really need tv's and set ups

Toy Wiz
253 West Rt.59
Nanuet, NY 10954

845-624-2224

HOTEL INFORMATION

its 99$ a night ... u guys really just need to stay there 2 nights max ... 1 if u drive out or come the day of

Venue Address:
253 W Route 59, Nanuet, NY 10954

Hotel Address:
270 W Route 59, Nanuet, NY 10954

rofl

too good

haha Alu, I'm really happy with the prices, trust me. I was just tryin to help out my friends and who doesn't like for things to be cheaper? People won't be sleeping much anyway...we just need a place to be at for the night and sleep if we need to XD I just wanted to know if it was a deal requiring that I reserve the room ahead of time. But considering that I already got my plane ticket, I'm just gonna go ahead and get the room ASAP :)
DIRECTIONS FROM PENN STATION IN NYC!

Go to Penn Station, take a train that goes to Secaucus (which is the first stop the train makes), then at Secaucus transfer to a train thats heading towards Spring Valley and stop at Nanuet

DATE:

THIS IS A TWO DAY EVENT!!!

NOVEMBER 21st 2009!!

TIME:

I have a poll up deciding the layout for the tournament but either way the tournament will start at 1:00pm. Sign ups till noon.

SCHEDULE

THIS IS A TWO DAY EVENT ... POOLS FOR BOTH EVENTS WILL HAPPEN DAY 1 ... AS WILL CREWS ... BRACKET IS ON THE FOLLOWING DAY!

Entrance Fee:

Venue Fee: $20 -Covers BOTH days
$15 IF you bring a FULL setup

Doubles: $10 (PER PERSON)
Singles: $10

CREWS!!!

THIS HAS TO HAPPEN ... HOPEFULLY WE GET AS MUCH TALENT IN ONE PLACE AS WE DID LAST TIME ... I MEAN WE HAD BASICALLY EVERYONE ... SO PLEASE LETS HAVE EVERYONE COME THROUGH AGAIN!

PAYOUTS

If we get nearly as much people as last time this will be payouts.

SINGLES

1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 5%
5th 2.5%
5th 2.5%

DOUBLES

1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 5%
5th 2.5%
5th 2.5%

RULES:

* Melee:
o BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS I CAN'T B MORE EXTREME WITH THIS BECAUSE WE CAN'T SUPPLY U WITH ANY. ALTHOUGH EVERYONE SHOULD B USED TO THAT RULE.

o All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.

o All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.

o Counterpick rules:

+ First round: blind character pick, each player bans any stage if need be (which stick for the entire set), and a random stage (from neutral set) is chosen. If you strike a counterpick stage you then may random reset a neutral stage.

+ Following rounds: Looser chooses a stage, winner chooses character, looser chooses character.

+ You cannot choose a stage you have already won on, and no stage can be played twice in a row.

o Singles neutral stages:

+ Final Destination

+ Battlefield

+ Pokemon Stadium

+ Dreamland 64

+ Fountain of Dreams

+ Yoshi's Story

o Singles counterpick stages:

+ Corneria

+ Rainbow Cruise

+ Green Greens

+ Mute City

+ Brinstar

+ DK64

+ PokeFloats

o Doubles neutral stages:

+ Final Destination

+ Battlefield

+ Pokemon Stadium

+ Dreamland 64

+ Yoshi's Story

o Doubles counterpick stages:

+ DK64

+ Corneria

+ Rainbow Cruise

+ Brinstar

o Items are off.

o If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.

o Wobbling is not allowed and results in an immediate loss of that match.

o You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.

o Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.

o Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.

o Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.

o GOTM's rule is in effect. Ice Climbers' wobbling is banned. of course unless ur doing it on inui ^_-

skyheart

Smash Lord
brian, make sure everything is scheduled according to plan, i'd hate to see crews not happen, just be a weenerhead and make sureeveryone obeys especially reeco

Alukard

Smash Hero
I will have crews happen and finish !!!

it has too ... the south is actually good enough to try and dethrone the east for once lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I really doubt theyre going to come to 2 USA tournies that are 2 months apart. XD

oh and ill probably come, depending on day and rides and such.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
We need more big name players to come to this and say so for hype!

This is perfect, ROM was perfectly placed before Genesis to build hype and get some warmups in and now it's the same for Pound 4!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Oh mah God.

If this gets even half the hype of the first one it will be a godly tournament.

Hopefully it gets double the hype this time. Everyone from the first one, and Ken and Isai :)

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Smells like sex
Not confirmed or anything, but I'll try

@anthony

I hate to break the bad news to you, and everyone I guess, but KDJ is in Korea, teaching english

He will not be attending
he will return in 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom