• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash Of Brokenness! IV Battle of Truthiness! (April 25th) Chicago, Illinois

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Ok this is the 4th one in the series. I will update the rules later, I am just going to post the basic information right now.

IRC Channel

Come chat in the IRC Channel for Clash Of Brokenness Series!

Server - Rizon
Channel - #MWClash

Tournament Date!

April 25th

Sponsors

The Diverse Nerd Association
GameStop
2 More to be named In a week!

Venue Location Info:

Screenz
2717 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60614-1502
(773) 296-0300

My Contact Info

Mike - Dark Kakashi

773-540-6347

AIM - Limario24

Fees

Venue Fee - $5
Must be paid at the front desk on the main floor, it will grant you access to tournament areas.

Tournament Fees

Brawl Singles and Doubles - $10 Per Person ($20 Per Team)
ALL OTHER TOURNAMENTS - $5 per Person

T.O.s

Dark Kakashi - All Naruto
Vayseth All Brawl
Devildigimon - All Brawl, SF4, Sugoi! Arcana Heart 2, Soul Calibur 4
Syxx - HD Remix
Zjiin - All Melee
J-Money - SF4, HD Remix
MachinegunNorm - All Brawl

Tournament Schedule!

11AM - Early Tournament Registration Starts

12PM - Start of Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles
- Start of Naruto Shippuuden EX 3
- Start of Soul Calibur 4

1PM - Start of Super Smash Brothers Melee

2PM - Start of Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2
- Start of Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles Pools

3PM - Start of Street Fighter 4 2vs2 Teams

4PM - Start of Sugoi! Arcana Heart 2
- Start of Naruto GNT 4

5PM - Start of Capcom vs SNK 2
- Start of Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes

6PM - Start of Street Fighter 4 Singles
- Start of Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles Bracket

7PM - Start of Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Start of Narutimate Accel 2

8PM - Start of Super Smash Brothers 64
- Start of The King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match

Tournament Games and Rules!

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles/Doubles on Nintendo Wii System (Championship Series Points will be Earned)

Doubles will be run in a double elimination bracket.

Singles will first have pools, followed by a 32-person bracket. Points nor previous placement will guarantee you placement into the bracket.

Rules

* 3 Stock.
* 8 Minutes.
* Best 2/3 Matches.
* All Finals Best 3/5 Matches.
* Team Attack ON (Doubles).
* Life Stealing Allowed (Doubles).
* Items are set to "off" and "none."
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. NO SUDDEN DEATH WILL BE PLAYED OUT.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* King Dedede's standing infinite and walking/nudging chain grabs will be banned. Any chain grab done with King Dedede MUST include a dash between each grab. Standing infinites include: the no-wall infinites on Samus, Mario, Luigi, and Donkey Kong; the ledge infinite on King Dedede, Bowser, Wolf, etc; the walking nudging chain grab on Wario, Ganondorf, Wolf, Bowser, etc. Any chain grabs done in place on moving platforms or against a wall are legal, as these are only temporary stage-specific occurrences and no legal stages have permanent walls. This rule does not prohibit any form of grab release set ups, combos, infinites, etc.
*Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
*(A)If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move MUST have the advantage in Percentage to win.
*(B)If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move MUST have the advantage in Percentage to win. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
* In both cases, if the person Initiating the Suicide Move is Losing in Percentage, that person Loses the Match.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. If there is an issue, pause the game and call a TO over to screen the match.
* If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries in between your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.

Set format:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. (This will be where a coin is flipped to see who strikes first. Then each player will alternate striking a stage until there is 1 left. That stage is played first round. THERE IS NO RANDOM UNLESS AGREED UPON)
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

STAGE LIST

Neutral

Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter Pick

Halbert
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Norfair
Green Greens
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2

Pay Out:

If under 50 People:
1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%
4th - Free Soda

If over 50 People:

1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%
5th - 2.5% Each
7th - Free Soda

Street Fighter 4 on Playstation 3 System (Championship Series Points will be Earned)

Rules

Double Elimination
2/3 Rounds
2/3 Matches for all Sets leading to the Finals
3/5 Matches for Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.
All Characters are allowed.

Pay Out:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - Free Soda

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix on Playstation 3 System

Rules

Double Elimination
Game Settings: Versus Mode, Speed 3, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Remixed Mode.
Winner keeps same character, loser can switch
Akuma is not allowed in tournament play.
Version 1.10

Pay Out:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - Free Soda

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes on Nintendo Wii System

Rules

Double Elimination
All characters are allowed, all options on default.
Handicap set to 3 stars.
Purposely doing any glitch that stops the game from being played are banned.
2 out of 3 games, winner keeps team, loser may change.
*If the Firey Ruins stage is selected randomly, either player may opt to rerun the random stage select to get a different one. This is a courtesy to colorblind people playing on possibly poor TVs.

Pay Out:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - Free Soda

Sugoi! Arcana Heart 2 on Playstation 2 System

Rules

Double Elimination
2/3 Rounds
2/3 Matches
All Finals 3/5 Matches
Winner keeps same character, loser can switch

Pay Out:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - Free Soda

Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles (Championship Series Points will be Earned)

Rules

* Items off.
* 4 stock, 8-minute timer
* Best out of 3, with finals best out of 5
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.

* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
* Wobbling is BANNED

Stage List

Neutrals:

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks:

- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Jungle Japes
- Green Greens
- Corneria
- Mushroom Kingdom II

Banned:

- Everything else

Pay Out:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - Free Soda

Super Smash Brothers 64 on Nintendo Wii System

Rules

* Best 2 out of 3 (3 out of 5 finals) Matches
* Double Elimination
* 5 stock
* Items are turned off
* Handicaps are off
* The first match is selected randomly excluding Yoshi's Island, Sector Z, Planet Zebes, and Mushroom Kingdom.
* Mushroom Kingdom, Sector Z, Yoshi's Island are Banned.
* The loser of each match picks the stage for the next match excluding the illegal stages listed above.
* If Saffron City is selected on the first round and one of the players is using Ness, they may request a re-pick.
* However, if the Ness player wins the match, their opponent may counter pick Saffron City.
* The loser cannot choose the stage on which the last match was played, unless agreed upon.
* For the first match, characters are chosen double-blind - at the same time.
* Players may re-pick characters after each match. However, the loser of each match gets to pick last.

Pay Out:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - Free Soda

Narutimate Accel 2 on Playstation 2 System

Rules

* Double Elimination Brackets
* Sets are 2 out of 3 rounds, Finals are 3 out of 5, Grand Finals are 4 of 7
* Draw matches count as a victory round for BOTH players
* Round Time: 99 Count
* All other settings default
* Assists are banned. They are to be set to manual before the match to prevent accidental activation.
* Hiruko Sasori & Gai are banned
* Winner Character Lock (winner of previous round cant switch characters)
* Loser Stage Selection (loser of previous round gets choice of stage)
* Pausing a match forfeits the round.
* No Transformation Selection (transformations must be EARNED with ougis)

Pay Out:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - Free Soda

Street Fighter 4 2v2 Teams on Playstation 3 System

Rules

Double Elim
Matches will be done in "Winner stays on format"
Players must stick with 1 character the whole tournament
Players may not change the order of the team
No Team can have the Same Character
All Matches will be 2/3 rounds with 1 match played per player
Winners, losers, and Grand finals will have each player playing a 2/3 match instead of 1 match

Pay Out:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - Free Soda

Soul Calibur 4 on Playstation 3 System

Rules

Double Elimination
3/5 Rounds
2/3 Matches for all sets leading to the finals
3/5 Matches for Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character or stage...NEVER BOTH
Yoda and Algol are banned.

Pay Out:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - Free Soda

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!

PLEASE BRING SET UPS! I WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE AN OVER STOCK OF SET UPS THAN NOT HAVE ENOUGH TO RUN A TOURNAMENT. REMEMBER IF YOU BRING A FULL SET UP YOUR VENUE FEE IS WAIVED!

Ok people, make sure to Preregister if you are showing up or planning to. You know the procedure if not here is an example:
(Nickname - Game you want to enter, Extra game you want to enter, so on...)

Dark Kakashi - Naruto Revolution 2, Naruto EX 3, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes

Pre-Reg List!

Too Lazy to update, it never helps out... >_>;

Maybe

Same as above.... <_<

Set-Ups!

I need Set Ups! Please Bring them! Especially for those wanting to play in Smash 64!

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
This tournament will have 2 new games.

1) For the 2D gamers, the newly released Sugoi! Arcana Heart 2 for Playstation 2!

2) For Smashers, a tourney back to old school, with Super Smash Brothers 64!

Chuee

Smash Hero
I'll try to make this but it's on my brothers birthday so meh. I'll try to work **** out.

Wafles

Smash Lord
I think I can finally make one of these granted hunger will give me a ride. =D

I'd be entering brawl singles, doubles, melee singles, and smash64 probably. =)

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
brawl singles/doubles
melee singles
n64 singles (i hope this is on the wii because the controllers for the n64 are all crappy and broken at least the ones i have.)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Assuming I can get a ride to this, and if I'm free that weekend, enter me in Brawl singles/doubles and TvC as usual ^_^

EDIT: By the way, how many of these are there?

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Assuming I can get a ride to this, and if I'm free that weekend, enter me in Brawl singles/doubles and TvC as usual ^_^

EDIT: By the way, how many of these are there?
I don't know what you mean.... lol

As far as Smash 64 goes, I guess I can do a vote and let you guys decide on either doing it on Nintendo 64 or on Wiis. Since I do have a few friends that have a Japanese Wii with Smash 64. So I can have them bring those in. lol

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
SamPanda...lol: If you mean how many tournaments there are. The answer is 3 (including april's). With the grand championships in July. So hopefully people (including myself) are able to make it to every tournament.

This honestly has been the best tournament series, so far, that I have ever witnessed in my entire life as a professional gamer (lol @ professional)!!!

And I have only all of you guys to thank for that! :bee:

Mike put me down for running Sugoui! Arcana Heart 2. I'll get the rules to you as soon as I get the game and unlock everything and test stuff out. I won't object to whatever the srk peeps determine either.

Are we still going to run guilty gear? You know I'm down for whatever.

Justin wants to run Naruto Accel 2. So put him down for that. I told him he's gonna need to start posting on here though.

I again am not gonna enter anything. I'll play some casuals with you all. There are some of yous who I NEVER played in anything...lol!

Anyone wanna 4 player free for all? Oh yeah, I didn't quit brawl as I planned to...LMFAO! But one day I'm going to actually sit down and learn melee...:lick:

GGs to come!!!

Wafles

Smash Lord
Anyone wanna team with a somewhat decent metaknight/falco player? I'm looking for a teammate for this.

I got 7/41 at FBT4, and 13/60 at FBT6, if that's any help. I'd hate to come all this way just to play singles.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I updated the Main Post.

I added a new tournament, Narutimate Accel 2.

I also updated the rules for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Akuma is banned and we are using the most up to date version of the game 1.10

I also Added a Poll for everyone to vote on. You can vote on what system to play Super Smash Brothers 64. You can either vote, for the Nintendo 64, the Nintendo Wii, or Would play on either version of the game.

I will tally the votes after a week and see what the majority wants to play on. ^_^

Zjiin

Smash Master
DK, i'll get you those names of the people who played in pools at the last one for points. Many of them were DQ'd for dissapearing and not playing their matches, so it's gonna be rough to gage them accordingly.

SSB64?!?!?!?!

I gotta make it to this!!!
Zjiin house me
Consider yourself, housed.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'll be there.

Vayseth- Brawl Singles/Doubles, EX3

Ook, you gonna show up this time? I wanna have a teammate for once... =P

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
****, house me too damian? Heroes all dai

oh im in for melee, I can bring a cube and disc but my tv is too big to bring via bus, so if someone wants to pick it up im cool with that

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
i'm going to figure out how to install smash64 on my wii just for this, smash64 is too good with gamecube controllers. :p

Vayseth

Smash Master
Is there anything that remotely comes close to a parking spot near by the venue?
Get there early and you can park right outside. Unless you mean not parallel parking, in which case there's a parking structure less than a couple blocks down clarke.

Top Bottom