• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival of Melee-March 7th-feat. M2k, Mango, PC, Chu-You Must Pre-Register FREE

JFox

Smash Hero
Alukard & JFox present:
The Revival of Melee

PRE-REGISTRATION HERE (Mandatory)

http://www.emailmeform.com/fid.php?formid=241428

IF U DO NOT PRE REGISTER U WILL GET A DEATH POOL ... DONT COMPLAIN THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT

PLEASE I CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO THE TOURNAMENT ITSELF ... THANK YOU

This is where you can check if you pre-registered

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6737171&postcount=1427

People who need housing:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6727649

If you need a teammate for doubles:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6744452&posted=1#post6744452

Public Transportation Info

There is a Nanuet train station that is 2 minutes from the venue, so train is a great way to get here for those of you who can't find a ride.

If you are coming from NYC you can take a train from Penn Station to Secaucus, where you then transfer trains and take a train to Nanuet train station.

Once you get to the train station you can pay for a 2 min cab ride, or find someone to contact at the tournament that can pick you up. Its about a 15 minute walk.

Toy Wiz
253 West Rt.59
Nanuet, NY 10954

845-624-2224

DATE: March 7th

Doubles: 11:00pm SHARP

SCHEDULE

Day 1: Signups, Teams Bracket, Singles Pools, Singles 64-Man Bracket
Day 2: Crews, Low Tier events, friendlies, MMs

Entrance Fee:

*Venue Fee: $20 -Covers BOTH days
$16 IF you bring a setup (must fill out in pre-registration!)

Doubles: $10 (PER PERSON)
Singles: $10
Draft Crews: $2 per person

*Regarding venue fee- Because the community asked that I make this a two day tournament, the venue fee had to be increased to cover both days. The owner insists that it is payed up front regardless of attendance for the second day, because he has to know that it is worth closing the store down for an entire weekend. This isn't up to me, but this is what it takes to get the store for a whole weekend. I'm sorry if it is an inconvience to those people who were only planning on coming saturday.

RULES
:

o BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS I CAN'T BE MORE EXTREME WITH THIS BECAUSE WE CAN'T SUPPLY U WITH ANY.

o All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
o All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.

o Counterpick rules:

+ First round: blind character pick, each player bans any stage if need be (which stick for the entire set), and a random stage (from neutral set) is chosen. No reset on random is allowed.

+ Following rounds: Looser chooses a stage, winner chooses character, looser chooses character.

+ You cannot choose a stage you have already won on, and no stage can be played twice in a row.

o Singles neutral stages:

+ Final Destination
+ Battlefield
+ Pokemon Stadium
+ Dreamland 64
+ Fountain of Dreams
+ Yoshi's Story

o Singles counterpick stages:
+ Corneria
+ Rainbow Cruise
+ Jungle Japes
+ Green Greens
+ Mute City
+ Brinstar
+ DK64
+ PokeFloats

o Doubles neutral stages:

+ Final Destination
+ Battlefield
+ Pokemon Stadium
+ Dreamland 64
+ Yoshi's Story

o Doubles counterpick stages:

+ DK64
+ Corneria
+ Rainbow Cruise
+ Jungle Japes
+ Green Greens
+ Brinstar

o Items are off.

o If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.

o Wobbling is not allowed and results in an immediate loss of that match.

o You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.

o Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.

o Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.

o Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.

o VaNz rule ... no rioting lmfaooo ... o man ... too funny

Important- Regarding Setups:

We are starting a FULL SETUP pre-registration list. Due to the expected large volume of players, knowing how many setups to expect is crucial for a tournament of this magnitude to run well.

When you pre-register, you must say that you are bringing a setup. A list of people bringing setups will be used to organize who is getting a discount from the venue fee. Discounts will be given for FULL SETUPS ONLY (TV+gamecube+melee)

If you don't get your name on the setups pre-reg list by the day of the tourney, you will not receive the discount!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Setups!

We Need Soooooo Many Set Ups. More Set Ups Means Better Tournament. For Obvious Reasons. Also any powerstrips or extension cords would be super helpful!
Again I Can't Stress It Enough To Tell U Guys Bring Set Ups Please!!!!!!!!!! =]

Help!!!

I Also Dont Need Help From Anyone That Is In The Tournament. Unless I Say Otherwise At The Venue. Also If I See U Near The Laptop And Touching It ... Instant Losers Bracket For Your ***. Because It Doesn't Help Me When I Get To The Laptop If Things Have Been Edited Without My Concern. I F*cking Mean It Too.

I Have One Request For Help ... Which Is Someone To Help Yell And Stuff. .COM NOW I NEED YOU N!GGA HAHAHAHAHA

Scar Is So Far The Only Person I Will Want To Receive Help From.

My GF Is Also Going To Be Helping With Taking Down The Win/loss From People, And Registration. Everything Else Will Be Done By Me.

One More Thing !!!!!!!

I'm Soooo Happy we are Somehow Bringing This Game Back To Life ... Thanks To My Amazing Tristate Brethren

<33333 Jfox And Mango So Much !!!!

Also M2k For Sucking Vs. Jiggs ... Cuz If U Would Have Never Lost To Mango At Pound 3 This Wouldn't Have Sparked Up So Much Hahaha GET ZIMMERMANIZED SON

ZIMMERMANSON FROM CINNAMONSON!!!!!!!!!!

Lovage

Smash Hero
sup new york
im thinking about coming to this from Cali

if i go ill be flying in with mango and arriving at JFK at 6am saturday morning and getting a ride from jfox to the tournament. can anyone in NYC house me saturday night after the tournament? hopefully someone fairly close to JFK so i can bus/taxi there sunday morning. i would appreciate it and give any gas$ for driving me and stuff

thanks!!

Alukard

Smash Hero
i can't house anyone unfortunately =\

also ... rigs and **** ... theres an obvious reason u bums aren't doing **** anymore ...

so quit f*cking life

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
The funny thing is, I'm ACTUALLY considering coming to this to spectate, even though there's a Brawl tourney the same day, and I don't even play this game anymore, lol.

<3 Melee and Brawl

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Gmoney said he can house saturday night after the tourny and drop you off at the airport the following morning. He lives in LI which isnt too far from the airport.

I also hope I dnt suck by the time this comes around. SF4 is pretty good, Reno play me

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
aw crap, pierce's post just reminded me this is the same day as the viridian city monthly, which i really wanted to go to with the rest of my crew. nooooo

decisions decisions. o man

edit:
vanz - why wasnt ur rule at cot4? lol
also i forget, is this anmc?

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Viridian city is a monthly Chibo....this is gna have M2K PC and Mango all in the same building. Im sure your crew will forgive you lol

JFox

Smash Hero
aw crap, pierce's post just reminded me this is the same day as the viridian city monthly, which i really wanted to go to with the rest of my crew. nooooo

decisions decisions. o man

edit:
vanz - why wasnt ur rule at cot4? lol
also i forget, is this anmc?
Chibo, yes this tourney is anmc! And we neeeeeeeeeeeeeed you to be there. your TO skills helped us out immensely at no johns, and this is gonna be wayyyyy bigger.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Gmoney said he can house saturday night after the tourny and drop you off at the airport the following morning. He lives in LI which isnt too far from the airport.
that would be great. does gmoney have AIM?
thanks

also. cam are you going? go and team with mango lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo, yes this tourney is anmc! And we neeeeeeeeeeeeeed you to be there. your TO skills helped us out immensely at no johns, and this is gonna be wayyyyy bigger.
alright il prob update the anmc thread in like an hour or so.

i normally dont have rides to OOS brawl tourneys, and finding rides to melee ones are easy but i guess i still cant pass this up. i cant wait. i need to get me some anmc points anyway lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no one else matters anymore, cause im bringin' back da missiles for this one
i slam dunked scar twice last night. it was amazing.

Lovage

Smash Hero
most of the discussion is going on in tournament listings thread but i think you all know by now how fukken hype this is getting. need sigs

Alukard

Smash Hero
o man ... so beast ... !!!!!! i'm updating now while at work ... i got yelled at twice already lmfaooo ... but **** that ****... this is EPIC

<3 everyone thats going to my first big tourney at nanuet ... ^_^

Eggm

Smash Hero
We should also have a MLG jar in the venue that people can put money into for the winner if they want. And in small print on the MLg jar write (no splits or the TO gets the money). Maybe if you buy a sammich or a drink during the tournament throw ur change in or something. I'll put 5$ in to kick things off. I"m winning the tournament anyways. But yeah even if people put 1$ or change in its like an extra 50-80$ for the winner. Extra incentive to play hard and it makes it a little more like an MLg with the "big" prizes just on a smaller scale. xD

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
Haha thats true but i have no car... and there isn't a train that goes from NB to nanuet so unless someone picks me up and i magicly learn how to play this game again in 2 weeks then i can't make it :(

Top Bottom