• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Crew Tournament 1 - Great Prizes

Duo55

Smash Ace
Welcome to Grand Crew tournament

This will be a large scale online crew tournament, that, if greatly successful, will be a monthly ordeal. Of course, there will be a prize for the winning crew that consists of : each member of the winning crew receiving a free VC game of their choice. As this tournament becomes larger, so too will the prize. Fabulous, I know. The champion crew in this tournament will be returning, which means: the crew that won the tournament will have a guaranteed spot in the next tournament. Yet another incentive to win, but most importantly people, have fun hmm? Special Thanks go to "the Online Tourney Directors" for their help in the organization of this event. If a dispute in the score arise, and a tournament match must be spectated (god forbid) then theses people are authorized referies, and if you have any questions contact these people as well :

Myself, Duo55
glyph
ProBrawler

This tournament can only start, once the bracket is full, so tell your friends to join your crews, to help speed things along shall we?

How this tourney will work is as follows: Each crew will be made of 8 people, have 64 stock apiece, 8 stocks per person in each crew. Once a player is out of stock, he/she is done for that round, the point of this is to take all of the stocks from the other team. Match ups are NOT random, Each team will discuss what player would be the best choice against their opponent's player, this adding spice to the strategy of things. The way this works is: you can start with any player you want, but once a player has been used, your crew must cycle through the entire crew before that player can be used again, so this way every one gets a turn, and no team can spam their god player. The match ups will be counterpick. Counterpicking opponents works like this: The winning team of the first match selects their next player. After, the losing team will select their player, therefore giving them an opportunity to select someone who can counter the winning team's choice. After every match, the the victor/loser must both report the winner, and the amount of stocks lost during the fight. Once this is done, the missing stocks will be subtracted from each crew's stock bank accordingly. Once your crew runs out of stocks, you and your entire team will be eliminated from the tournament. Chose your matches wisely.

The finer rules:

1 v 1
8 min time limit
4 stocks per match
Stage selection style: Random from all allowed stages
No items

Stage picks that are acceptable:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Delfino
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium (melee)
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Pictochat
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes

Time Frame:
3 Rounds 8-4-2
1st Round: 1 week
2nd Round: 1 week
3rd Round: 1 week
So yeah, 1 round per week

Rules:
1. Each crew is allowed 2 substitutes. These substitutes will battle in the event one of the crew members can't fight their match within three days time, for any reason.
2. Tardiness is not tolerated in my tournament without good reason. Miss the first match and a sub will be sent in your place; miss twice a sub will be sent in to fight in your place again, and you will be sent a notification. Miss three matches, and you will be permanently banned from participating in any further tournaments hosted by me, Duo55
3. In order to become a crew captain, you must have at least four nominees to say they want you as crew leader. At that point, you will be given your own crew tournament bracket slot, which the nominated team leader and the people who nominated him will be in. From there, you can fill the rest of your crew slots with players from the waiting list.
4. A crew MUST be 8 players. No more, no less.
5. If someone is enough of a jerk to misreport a match, then the match will be fought again on the same stages, with the same characters, and someone I appoint authority to will spectate the match.
6.If you have any complains, pm me, or an associate that I have given authority to, and we will resolve it as best we can.
7. If you're going to john, do it through pm. If you john in the tourney thread, you'll get a warning. If you continue to john after the warning, you get a one stock penalty. Do it a third time, and you are DQ'ed, and one of your crews subs takes your place, permanently.

Crew 1.
Captain: Duo55 [4940-5486-4990]
ProBrawler [1461-5898-9203]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub

Captain: Chaco [1289-7918-5967]
Sir Orion
Mmac [2964-8259-5647]
the_yoshinator
bigman40
Jump_Man
Naucitos
Dark Leviathan

Subs.
1.Kiwikomix
2.ChronoPenguin

Gold Team

Captain: Glyph [3609-0692-6554]
Aryman [0087-2015-7256]
Fatmanonice [3007-7993-3724]
Peanut Butter and Jam [3179-5865-1416]
Noodles [1676-3339-7596]
PhantomX [1160-9442-9872]
Excellence [1418-6443-5599]
Timbers

Subs.
1. ---
2. ---

Crew 4.
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---

Crew 5.
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---

Crew 6.
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---

Crew 7.
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---

Crew 8.
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---

Waiting list:
ThatGuyYouMightKnow
Kinzer
Patients
GFE
Halaster
White Pikmin
Shadowfirex100
ROBIE69IE
cba
BlackWolf020
Cloudfox

Duo55

Smash Ace
Crew members waiting for confirmation:

:_) crew:
Captain :_) (Confirmed)
Shadowfirex100 (Confirmed)
---
---
---
---
---
---

Bmaster15's crew:

Bmaster15 (Confirmed)
Barge (Confirmed)
Sudsy86_ (Maybe)
Falchion- (Awaiting)
Darkwashu (Confirmed)
Zure (Confirmed)

[Substance 8] (directed by Heartz)

Smash_Gigas the Earth
PhoenixoKaZe the Wind (Confirmed)
Samusbrawler the Light (Confirmed)
xX'Mitsurugi'Xx the Dark
Stroupes the Flame
JOBOT the Nature
Burrbomb the Sound (Confirmed)
Exia 00 the Thunder

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Here's what I've got for my crew so far.
1. Glyph
2. Aryman
3. Xsyven
4. Jam Stunna
5. Noodles

I've already got some people in mind to fill the last few slots, though.

Duo55

Smash Ace
Here's what I've got for my crew so far.
1. Glyph
2. Aryman
3. Xsyven
4. Jam Stunna
5. Noodles

I've already got some people in mind to fill the last few slots, though.
You know the rules though, they all gotta post here before I can make it offcial. : / srry glyph. But I'm sure that won't be a problem though. Also barge, I want to let you on my crew, but I'm expecting some people to come join it, and if will be full after they get here... if they don't though, you'll be the first one I put through try outs, okay? I'll put you on the waiting list until then.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Oh yeah.

Heartz has a full crew somewhere in that room. PM her, and she'll tell you.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Glyph your crew will own!

I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to join this. It's a really cool idea, but will I have time? I'm trying to cut back on the amount of online tourneys I join.

Keep in mind that I might join later, I just need to think about it first.

EDIT: @Glyph, I think I'm on that crew actually :D
But I haven't heard much about it lately. Maybe our crew will join this.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
God, I dont get credit for anything.... -_-

[Substance 8]
Directed by Heartz the Love

Smash_Gigas the Earth
PhoenixoKaZe the Wind
Samusbrawler the Light
xX'Mitsurugi'Xx the Dark
Stroupes the Flame
JOBOT the Nature
Burrbomb the Sound
Exia 00 the Thunder

"Don't hate the Substance 8."

Boon :o

Smash Journeyman
if you haven't already read it on the tourney dirctors social group, why is shadow moses on there?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Fine just put me in an empty crew :D
I dont wanna be on a waiting list

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
God, I dont get credit for anything.... -_-

[Substance 8]
Directed by Heartz the Love

Smash_Gigas the Earth
PhoenixoKaZe the Wind
Samusbrawler the Light
xX'Mitsurugi'Xx the Dark
Stroupes the Flame
JOBOT the Nature
Burrbomb the Sound
Exia 00 the Thunder

"Don't hate the Substance 8."
Yea u do o-o For being awesome lol XD ^^ *gets ignored*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I would sign up for this but the last tournament I was in like this absolutely sucked because people kept just missing each other and, because of how long it dragged on, most people stopped caring altogether by the end and just dropped out.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
There's been another crew tournament?

Smash Journeyman
I would sign up for this but the last tournament I was in like this absolutely sucked because people kept just missing each other and, because of how long it dragged on, most people stopped caring altogether by the end and just dropped out.
Ah, I could see why that would happen.
It'd be great if at least the leaders could just IM, pm, or something to communicate with each other easily and schedule a day on the week given to have their entire round on a single day the both crews, so it won't be confusing if it's held over several days of the week.

Smash Journeyman
Duo,
Will each match be just a single match, then people cycle through, having their second match on the next cycle of the crew?
or is it that people have two matches in a row so they can keep track of their 8 stock count easier, then the people cycle through.

edit: probrawler IMed me about how it went.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
We scoff at you, Pro. Don't even joke about that :laugh:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright, got my crew for the first.

Chaco
Mmac
Scat
Sub
Nau
Yoshinator
Kiwi
Chrono

Aaaand, and they agrred in a thread on the Yoshi forum, I'll link it if you like.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Wow, I won't be using Wario against that group...

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco
Mmac
BigMan40
the_yoshinator
Jump_Man
Naucitos
Kiwikomix
ChronoPenguin

Duo55

Smash Ace
Alright, got my crew for the first.

Chaco
Mmac
Scat
Sub
Nau
Yoshinator
Kiwi
Chrono

Aaaand, and they agreed in a thread on the Yoshi forum, I'll link it if you like.
If you dont mind, multi quote all of them, and post it here. To be fair, I didn't bend the rules for glyph, so I can't bend them for anyone else. Sorry chaco : / I'll add a "crews waiting for conformation section" to help me keep track. Also if they pm me, pro or glyph with their entry confirmation, I'll paste them up here.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Crews are about fellowship and honor, not power and fierceness. This is exactly why I said we should include friendly-fire 2v2, because anybody can just pack up with elitist jerks and win every battle. [/annoyingrant]

Duo55

Smash Ace
Crews are about fellowship and honor, not power and fierceness. This is exactly why I said we should include friendly-fire 2v2, because anybody can just pack up with elitist jerks and win every battle. [/annoyingrant]
No offence Heartz, but I was going for more of a "the best team won" instead of "fun, and friendship" also, if thier is a bad *** team (mine lol jk {or am I?}) then it will make it exciting/interesting to vs up against them. Just think, if an underdog team beat the top crew, it would be epic. Remember, this is online, not off, Nothing is set in stone.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Lol. Good to know, but I wasnt directing that at you. I was just stating it for the record. Fun? I didnt say fun. lol XD

Top Bottom