• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

InnocentRoad's Sheik tech vid things

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm going to translate this guy's vid descriptions as best I can.

Sheik Footstool Jump Combo
まんまダウン連と叩き起こし。 P.S.ケイさんの日記で取り上げられててビビったw
It forces a wakeup from the needle. P.S. It was stolen from Kei's diary and BBS lol

Sheik Combo <FAir to DACUS>
FAir(rate:0.46)>DACUS
I have no idea what this description means. It might be talking about attack decay?

Sheik Grab Release Combo
強制J抜けキャラに対しての投げ抜け始動コンボ。
平地ver.。
ピカ怪しい。リュカの掴み連はミスってる。
The grab release allows a combo on a jumping break character. Normal version. It is difficult.
Very easy to make a mistake in timing.
(maybe? I can't really understand the last part)

Sheik Grab Release Combo 2
戦艦ハルバードでの状況限定投げ抜けコンボ。動画ではミスってい ますが、4キャラ全てに確定するはずです。
These grab release combos are only possible due to Halberd's slanted platform. It's a guaranteed combo on these 4 characters but it's still possible to make a mistake.

Sheik Grab Release Combo 3
今度は掴み抜けが普通なやつらに対しての投げ抜けコンボ。ジャン プ抜けにリスクつけてやるぜ!
The grab releases here are on tall characters. This risks sliding breaks when you need a jumping break! (Taller characters will sliding break unless they are pressing up or jump at the time of a grab break)

ダッシュ攻撃空振りキャンセル上スマッシュ 指付き動画(Sheik)
How I do the DACUS with Sheik
いわゆるDA空C上Sの指付き動画。音なしとか言うクソ動画ですが参考にしてください な。シークはAボタンじゃないと現実的に考えて厳しいです。他にもファルコなどはAボ タン利用すると最速入力が可能となり距離が伸びます。
Claw style, with thumb on C-Stick and index finger on A. Sheik's timing is very harsh and it will not work with Z, so you need to use A. As for Falco etc., you can change your distance and the speed of the DACUS increases when you use A.

スマブラX マルス上Bの割り込み性能
Marth's Up+B Interrupt
1F無敵発生は伊達じゃないんだぜ?
1F invincibility?
Yeah, Sheik's utilt isn't safe against Marth : (

スマブラX シールドリフレクト(笑)
PERFECT SHIELDING REFLECTION (lolz)
反射できても相手に当たらないとか話にならんし!
It doesn't hit the opponent even if it reflects to him!

スマブラX 相変わらずのサイファー
No Cypher recovery
CPUなんであそこでジャンプしてしまったん?
Why didn't the CPU use his up+B again?
I guess this is InnocentRoad's first discovery of the grab release gimp vs Snake

スマブラX シーク 横Aからの回避狩りネタ
Air-Dodge Chasing from ftilt with Sheik
横Aで体勢崩れしたところで、相手が回避するのを読んでJNAカ ス>上S
It hits even after an air-dodge after getting launched by ftilt.

スマブラX シーク ぬるり落下時のダウン連例
Example of no-tech punishments with Sheik
クッパのところ間に合ってないかも。ホントは歩けば綺麗に間に合 います。ちなみにどれもずらし考慮なし。
If they don't tech in time. A huge combo into wakeup. By the way, there is no DI in these examples.

SSBB NaritakeStep
なりたけステップをシークでやってみた。BGMはttp://www.nicovid eo.jp/watch/sm1100972より。  
なりたけステップは「ステップ>先行入力ステップ>反転しゃがみ」でできる。入力的に は「661」。なりステと略されることが多い。
The Naritake Step as performed by Sheik. BGM : from http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1100972.
The Naritake Step can be done by "dash input > dash input (cancel) > reverse crouch." In numpad notation, "661." It's typically abbreviated as NariStep (nari sute).

SSBB Sheik Single Naner Lock
バナナ連。始動はSJ,大J,空J,ガケJ,ガケ離しJからのバナナ下投げ>回避キャ ッチから。
Banana lock. The start is shorthop, down throw, and recatch the banana with air-dodge.

スマブラX シーク バナナ利用連係例
SSBB Example of using bananas with Sheik
バナナおいしいです^p^。連係なのでつながってないものもあります。あと、バナ連な しだとみてからになるから入れ込みしないと無理かもしれない。
I love bananas ^p^. Comboing the bananas because of tripping. It might be insane, if not impossible.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I told you guys the DACUS was useful, I even wrote fair to dacus on the DACUS thread

edit: Holy **** it kills snake at 110 just from ONE GRAB BABY!!!

Shred_kid

Smash Cadet
Wow, this is seriously making me considering picking up sheik in brawl. I was having trouble doing the DACUS. Thanks Ankoku

Tristan_win

Not dead.
About the tall people break that only works when people hold up.

What we now need to think about now is not what can we do to force them into holding up. Like if we can safely land a hit on them before they can hit us then we can mind game them at least once into doing a jump break which then we can punish.

..If I recall correctly a dtilt can avoid the first part Snake AAA combo but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
That last vid o_o

I wonder if he can do stuff like that in matches
(that or the first footstool combo or anything like it)
It does raise a lot of questions Squidster, I guess this just another area sheik has that she can improve in

~waits for gimpy to say it's useless to learn~

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So can these grab release upsmashes be done with the basic running upsmash or can it only be done with DACUS? Also are those combos on the Halberd fail-proof? I know that in a grab release your opponent has basically no DI whatsoever, so i'm wondering if all the characters shown are as easy to use this on as Wario is.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Ok, we seriously need to find someone who can space and generally play well ALONG WITH implementing every trick she has into her game. No one has come close yet, but when someone does, entertaining stuff right ther

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm working on it Blistering it's just so hard to use all of sheik little tricks effectively and play a good sheik.

Unless you think the tilt lock isn't important then it's pretty easy to use all of sheik tricks.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
oooooooooooo i like those no tech punishes *incorporates*

also of course you can do that stuff in matches (the needle stuff i mean) i do the footstool combo in friendlies fairly often - this one is nice too. I'll work them in until i get them down well enough for a tournament setting.

also can you boost up smash with z?

i'll learn it if i can do it w/o custom controls lol

Blad01

Smash Lord
also can you boost up smash with z?
Yes, you can ^^ It's just harder than with R :( (In my opinion)

I'm trying to record a combo i like very much with the dacus (not realy a combo, but...). But...I don't have any record card here %)

also chasing airdodge with weak neutral is THE basic - but it still is awesome every time n_n
Yes, i noticed that i was not often useing that... T_T *incorporates intead of waiting the aidodge with Vanish / Tilt*

ADHD

Smash Hero
You can do it with regular controls but if you want to boost smash with Z you know it has to be changed right

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Bump since people keep linking to this person's vids and asking for what they mean.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I'm a little confused by the video named: Air-Dodge Chasing from ftilt with Sheik

Even after watching it I'm not to sure what it's all about. Would someone please be able to clarify?
Sheik Ftilted Snake and Snake's percentage was too high for Sheik to get him in an Ftilt lock - Snake was sent too high. If the opponent air dodges after you send them up like that with the Ftilt, then you can jump and Nair. The Nair will last longer than the air dodge, and they will get hit by it as the air dodge ends. Since they'll get hit by the weak Nair, they won't get much knockback, letting you set up for an UpSmash.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Nvm, the single naner lock actually does work. It's just incredibly difficult for sheik to get the lock in the first place and time it.

demodemo

Smash Ace
ohh haha that is cool.

is sheik the only one that can do this?

the setup indeed looks hard, since the distance seems pretty limiting. i believe it doesnt work if sheik is too far away since sheik won't catch the banana's bounce fast enough.

he seems to be catching the banana with an airdodge, then cancelling it with the item throw. there is a thread on this glitch somewhere in tactical. haha, and now here is an actual use for it.

hmm, just a random note, how is sheik's glide toss?

and would things like banana > dacus be a combo?

eidit- guh, is the AD cancelled by landing or the item throw? i am so blind and confused lol

Top Bottom