• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Three-Phase Pit

Doctor X

Smash Lord
So Overswarm, Quivo and I had a conversation a couple weeks back about a general "skeleton" or "style" of play that OS had been sharing with people on the ROB boards. He had taken a good long look at his videos, focusing on the times he took damage as compared to the times where he didn't, analyzing the effects of stale move degeneration, killing percents, and player patterns. From this, he created what he believed to be the most efficient way of utilizing ROB's moveset-- dividing his game up into what he called "stages" that revolve around his opponent's percentage, and these "stages" help him focus on what moves to use and when in order to have the greatest chance of winning.

Some of the players around my area and I have begun trying out this same approach with other characters, and honestly I think it could become a true revolution in how people think about Brawl singles.

The basic idea is that, because of the stale move degeneration, people are already playing in "phases" (OS called them "stages," but I'm using a different term so as not to confuse it with actual stages like Battlefield or Smashville) . You probably don't think of it this way, but almost anybody who's decent at Brawl has at least two phases-- "damage," and "kill." During the damage phase, you designate at least one move as a "kill" move, and you avoid using it so that once you get past the damage phase, it's at full power for the "kill" phase.

A simple example for Pit would be the back-air. If you watch a good Pit play, you'll see this move much more often at higher percents-- the "kill" phase-- than you will at lower percents-- the "damage" phase. Pits who just throw it out whenever the hell they feel like it often have a much more difficult time scoring kills, unless they use a different move to score them in which case that move is the designated "kill" move and bair is more of a "damage" move.

I order to play even more efficiently, wouldn't it make sense to apply this same kind of classification to your entire moveset? If we were to do that, though, would only two classifications really make sense? I mean, sure... "kill" is pretty straightforward. You just want a lot of knockback at a good angle. "Damage," however, is quite broad. Sometimes you want a lot of knockback since it gets your opponent away from you so you can stay in control of the match. Other times, less knockback is good, because with only a little bit of knockback you can easily chain a lot of moves together to rack up far more damage than you ever could with one single move.

If you watch a lot of videos with this in mind, you might start to see that this two-phase approach can have a pretty hard time either at low or middle percents. It has trouble with low because sometimes the player throws a move that has too much knockback to lead into anything else (most of Pit's throws) and gets punished if he tries to pursue it. It has trouble with middle percents because, occasionally, the player throws a move that would easily lead into another at low percents (Pit's dtilt), but because of the higher knockback from damage he gets punished for trying to follow it.

Add to the mix how the two-phase approach doesn't factor in how moves thrown at low percents might be recharged by the time the "kill" phase is reached, allowing them to be valuable both in the "damage" phase and the "kill" phase, and you may be beginning to see how creating a more robust playstyle could make much more efficient use of your character.

The answer? The Three-Phase approach, which works like this:

Phase 1: Combos/Chains:
For most characters, this is the most aggressive of the three phases, and it's generally used between 0% and 50%, adjusted of course by the weight of your opponent's character and many other factors. The object is to land low-knockback moves and lead them into the most damaging chains you possibly can. High-knockback moves can be useful, however, since they make great finishers for any chain. They get your opponent far enough away where they can't easily retaliate when you stop hitting them. Some of these high-knockback moves can be re-used again in Phase 3, since you'll have all of phase 2 to recharge them.

Phase 2: Control
This is easily the most defensive phase and it's used between 50% and 100% as a rule of thumb. The main thing to remember is that, because your opponent goes so far from you and comes out of hitstun so easily, almost any move you land is just that one move and nothing else. Play conservatively-- the chains you use in Phase 1 will not work, so don't try them. Focus instead on using individual moves that deal a lot of damage on their own and/or don't leave you open to retaliation. Avoid using any Phase 3 moves, because you want to keep those fresh. If you're playing a character who can projectile camp, this is the best time to do it.

Phase 3: Kill
Pretty straightforward. Your opponent is at a high enough percent-- usually above 100%-- so you try to land your kill moves. If your kill moves are shielded or you land them without killing, switch to another one if you can. You don't want to be aggressive, usually, because your opponent will easily read it, but if you're too defensive you'll miss lots of opportunities. Most decent Brawl players already use this phase, so most of you should be familiar with the idea by now.

Okay... so now that I've explained all that, let's start talking about how this applies to Pit specifically... which I'll be doing in the following post. Kupo, Kown, Ryanarius, and myself, with a little input from FZeroX, decided to talk in depth about each move and how it can be useful in each phase. In the following post will be a list of "recommended moves" for each phase. These are by no means the only moves you should be using, but you will want to keep them in mind since they will be the most useful for accomplishing the goal of the phase.

Also included for some phases will be a list of moves to avoid. If you want to remain efficient, do not use these moves during that phase under any circumstances... unless of course using said move would be a guaranteed kill (charging a dsmash against a broken shield during the later parts of Phase 2, for example).

Doctor X

Smash Lord
PHASE 1 (Combos):

Recommended Moves:

• Jab (1, 2, and infinite only)
    Great setup if you cancel before the infinite, and the infinite itself can rack up some damage and punish spot-dodges. The third hit of the natural jab combo is generally not worth doing in phase 1 since you can't often follow it and it doesn't do much damage on its own.​
  • Dtilt
    Great setup for aerials or airdodge punishing from the ground.​
  • Utilt
    2 large hitboxes, relatively little knockback... almost the perfect phase 1 move.​
  • Fsmash
    Easy to lead into, does the most damage out of any of Pit's ground-based attacks. Great for ending your chains.​
  • Usmash
    Three hitboxes, relatively little knockback, and it can slide? Brilliant.​
  • Nair
    Your standard all-purpose aerial setup, plus it can punish spot-dodges.​
  • Uair
    Easy to lead into and puts your opponent into a position where you can usually hit him again.​
  • Fair
    Can be chained into other moves at low damages or serves as a great finisher for aerial chains.​
  • Glide Attack
    Wonderful setup for uair, can be cancelled with no lag.​
  • fthrow
    Can chainthrow some characters, and can lead into a dash attack to utilt combo against almost anybody.​
  • dthrow
    Puts your opponent above you which makes for good combos or airdodge punishing.​

Basic Strategy: Play aggressive. You've got a lot of options available to you right now, and many of them can lead into devastating chains that will get you a good head start on your opponent. These opportunities will not be available to you later, so unless you want to spend the whole game poking your opponent for tiny bits at a time you'd best seize them now. Also, platforms are your best friend here. It's relatively easy to force an opponent onto one, and very easy to follow him with any of your multi-hit moves.

PHASE 2.0 (Control):

Recommended Moves:
  • Jab (3 hit)
    Fast, knocks your opponent away, and can always be aborted or restarted with a jab-cancel, so it's difficult to punish. One of the best control moves all around, I think.​
  • Dtilt
    Fast, lots of reach, knocks your opponent away, and can shield-poke.​
  • Dsmash
    Same as dtilt, except more damage, more knockback, more lag, less reach.​
  • Fsmash
    Still Pit's most damaging ground move and certainly gets people the heck away from you.​
  • Fair
    Good knockback and aerials allow you to keep some mobility.​
  • Nair
    The hitbox can protect you against a lot of stuff.​
  • Uthrow
    Best throw for this phase, really. Does the most damage and gets them away.​
  • Grab Attack
    Free damage, basically. Remember the higher your victim's damage count, the longer it takes him to escape, so feel free to pummel the crap out of him since you're certainly much more able to do it now than you were in Phase 1.​
  • Ftilt
    Lots of reach, good knockback. Use it to keep opponents who try to space out your other moves under control.​
  • Arrows
    Spam these. As long as you keep your opponent away from you these are risk-free and add up quickly.​

Basic Strategy: Play defensively. You want to get your opponent to a killing percent without letting him catch up with you, and since single moves are the key here it's usually not worth risking getting hit to persue.

PHASE 2.5 (Recharge):

Recommended Moves:
  • Jab (3 hit)
  • Dtilt
  • Nair
  • Fthrow/Bthrow
    Use whichever one sends them off the edge. You can get a bunch of arrows off that way.​
  • Grab Attack
  • Ftilt
  • Arrows

AVOID:
  • Bair
  • Fsmash
  • Dsmash
  • Glide attack

Basic Strategy: Same as 2.0, except make sure you don't use any of those "avoid" moves so they can recharge by the time you get to a killing percent.

PHASE 3 (Kill):

Recommended Moves:

• Bair
    Sweetspotted, especially towards the nearest edge, and this is your best kill move. Using the weak bair to lead into a fsmash is also great.​
  • Fsmash
    Second best kill move, I think, as long as it's fresh.​
  • Dsmash
    Can't kill as well as fsmash, but it reaches further and sometimes goes under shields.​
  • glide attack
    Can kill off the top and is basically lagless.​
  • Fthrow/Bthrow
    Use whichever one sends them further off the edge, which can lead to arrows, forcing them to waste jumps, making it easier to land a kill move on them when they return to the stage.​

Basic Strategy: Space yourself relatively close to your opponent, but don't rush him. Try to draw out an attack and punish it. Always be ready to seize opportunities, and train yourself to distinguish true opportunities from potentially deadly traps. Also, anything that gets your opponent off the edge is great, because it's usually a lot easier to kill him when he's worried about recovering.

PHASE "OH **** WHY BOTHER COUNTING" (Desparation):

Recommended Moves:

• Everything in Phase 3, plus
  • Dash Attack
  • Dair
  • Uthrow
  • Fair
  • Ftilt

Basic Strategy: This is when your opponent is at such a high percent that even these moves will kill him outright. Ideally this phase should never be reached, but in the event that you do reach it, remember that these are a bit easier to land in some situations and will kill your opponent just as dead as the more powerful stuff.

--

So yeah... This is still a work in progress. Feel freel to comment, make suggestions, voice concerns/complaints/whatever. Thanks to kupo, Kown, FZeroX, and Ryanarius for helping me out with it.

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
Wow, my friends and I were just talking about this yesterday. we were beating up on n00bs and he was wondering why I didn't use certain moves until characters were at certain percents and it sparked this big analysis.

This applies to all characters but especially with Pit because if you flail around too much, he won't be able to kill anything, and we all know how much that sucks fighting the Snakes and Meta Knights, Luigis, Zeldas, and other characters that kill at ridiculously low percentages.

Anyway... 3 hit combo:

Aright... I guess I'll start. I'd consider this move pretty good in almost any phase, and seeing as it has hardly any damage or knockback to begin with, using it when it's stale won't make too much of a difference. This is neither a damage-dealing or a killing move. Using just the first hit and jab-cancelling can often make a great setup for some combos in Phase 1, control moves in Phase 2, or even kill moves in Phase 3, and the third hit of the natural combo is in itself a control move that's very helpful in Phase 2.
I think that pretty much sums it up. I use both this move and the fsmash for controlling space, as Pit needs to have control of the space of the up close combat or else he fails until he can respace himself properly.

QUIVO

Smash Master
For everyone's information, Dr. X kills me way faster now than he did before. Before he wouldn't kill me until like 200% now he kills me as early as like 100% or something like that.

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
I think this could really benefit alot of Pit players, or all of the characters in general, but there are also two general types of players. Aggressive and defensive, so I think the phases should be different between the two types, or there should be differently discussed ways to play out the phases for the two types.

I agree with what you and xel said about the basic jab combo. It's can deal easy damage, help space a bit, and the ability to cancel into a fsmash or anything else keeps it very versatile

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
hmm sounds rather revolutionary

as for the move i think that it is a good lead into combos during first phase plus it does decent damage if you really think about it 11% is almost as much as a Fair

during second phase it can space pretty well to fend them off

uhm during third phase i cant really see much use for it except to perhaps give you some time for your kill moves to regenerate

NxC

Smash Apprentice
A possible use for the AAA in phase three is to use the first two hits to space your opponent into a f-smash or d-smash for the kill. The third hit can kill, but requires very high percents to do so.

Good idea for a thread.

kown

Smash Lord
this is intersting because this how my game is played. VERY NICE THREAD DR. X.
DONT become predictable with the the first phase (in the damage phase) because if u follow this word for word than you will most likely always begin chainable moves with a grab. just dont always do the grab and fall into a pattern.

DR. X this would go a lot faster if you and some ppl got together and figured where each move should go. Than post the results and ask for opinions. and than we could have a discussion cuz thiers not really any different opinions on where moves should go. if that makes sense. haha

For everyone's information, Dr. X kills me way faster now than he did before. Before he wouldn't kill me until like 200% now he kills me as early as like 100% or something like that.
im guessing dr. x uses bair as his kill move.

kupo15

Smash Hero
nice thread. I do this most of the time without realizing it although sometimes I do it purposely. Thanks for actually presenting this. Will be added to the U guide

Doctor X

Smash Lord
DR. X this would go a lot faster if you and some ppl got together and figured where each move should go. Than post the results and ask for opinions. and than we could have a discussion cuz thiers not really any different opinions on where moves should go. if that makes sense. haha
Good idea. I guess we'll try to get everybody who's interested together in a chat at some specific time. I'm free all weekend, really, so I can do it anytime. We could use FZeroX's IRC channel.

Anyone else have any preference for time/chat program/whatever?

im guessing dr. x uses bair as his kill move.
One of my kill moves... or, it will be. The point of this exercise will be to hopefully have more than one move available to you fully-charged in phase three. Right now, Bair is the only one I really keep exclusive to that phase. >.>

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
Good idea. I guess we'll try to get everybody who's interested together in a chat at some specific time. I'm free all weekend, really, so I can do it anytime. We could use FZeroX's IRC channel.

One of my kill moves... or, it will be. The point of this exercise will be to hopefully have more than one move available to you fully-charged in phase three. Right now, Bair is the only one I really keep exclusive to that phase. >.>
Haha, I use bair as a kill move when people think that they're safer in the air against me at high percentages. usually, I use fsmash to damage and dsmash to finish. Fresh fair isn't too bad either.

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
Also, I'm free a lot this weekend, if you tell me the name of the IRC channel and stuff. Hopefully it's with Gamesurge.net so I don't have to make a new IRC thing on Trillian. ^__^;;

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I prefer to mix things up and use stage 2 as a rfresh period with lots of jabs, arrows, grabs, etc(stuff that does little damage. I try to use a couple kill moves to dish out damage early, or Chain moves if I can, then use that second phase as a refresh period.
As for Jabs, they work anywhere as they refresh moves well and do some damage. I wouldn't use them much above 120 or so as the extra damage is a bit wasted and possibly punished.,

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Very nice I have been wanting to make a thread talking about how to use each of pits moves, but didn't wanta do it myself. :p but I do see myself using a strat much like this however I think my stage 2 is to short now that the idea is out there I should make it longer alittle.

1~I find myself using AAA in stages 1 and 2, 1 as it can add on som damage and doesn't hit them to far away so you can "combo" like stage 1 is about. I try to use part of this move as a a...a... f smash or Ftilt "combo" as F smash is a very strong attack for no charge time and its speed. This can be a nice way to rack up damage and get them an ok distance away to move into stage 2.

2~But I find myself using aaa in stage 2 for the most part as it is a great move to keep people off you, and keeping yourself in control of the field. You can use this as they advance on you as it has a nice fast hit box to intercept them, then knock them an ok distance away to keep control.

3~This attack doesn't do much here but as I said above a...a... Fsmash might work here but it can be easy to read, and the first 2 a's don't add enough hit stun and tomuch knockback for this to work to often.

I really thing this is a stage 2 move first, stage 1 next, and stage 3 lastly.

kown

Smash Lord

maybe we could do an aim chat room at such n such time n date. preferably weekend or weekday after like 5ish bcuz of skool. but IRC is defininetly an option . i think you could make one by urself and than discuss. ive alrdy made my list as follows.
note this is sorta hard to do since moves can be used in multiple phases.

DAMAGE PHASE

1) chains
Grab
upair
up tilt
Angel Ring
upsmash
jabs

2) Control
Arrows
f tilt
Nair
d tilt
fair
dair

Possible Kill Moves if not spammed
Bair * 2
Fsmash *2
Dsmash *1

* means if this isnt your kill move than place it in the categories above.

note this is a rough draft and i dont really know where some of these moves go but this is what i think at the top of my head.

im not saying not to use some moves at some parts during the game. For example upair when they happen to be on top of you. I just find it better placed in the 1 category.

I also dont know where glair would go?

Doctor X

Smash Lord
We'll make an AIM chat if everyone is cool with that. Let's do it at like... 7 EST tonight? I can do it really anytime... just a suggestion.

I'd make my own list but I'd rather have input from everyone while I'm doing it so we can make sure this thing is more universal than just me describing my own way of playing.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I would but at a tourny today. I beat 2nd in state at the last little tourny we had now I need to do that at the state. Wish me luck.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
maybe we could do an aim chat room at such n such time n date. preferably weekend or weekday after like 5ish bcuz of skool. but IRC is defininetly an option . i think you could make one by urself and than discuss. ive alrdy made my list as follows.
note this is sorta hard to do since moves can be used in multiple phases.

DAMAGE PHASE

1) chains
Grab
upair
up tilt
Angel Ring
upsmash
jabs

2) Control
Arrows
f tilt
Nair
d tilt
fair
dair

Possible Kill Moves if not spammed
Bair * 2
Fsmash *2
Dsmash *1

* means if this isnt your kill move than place it in the categories above.

note this is a rough draft and i dont really know where some of these moves go but this is what i think at the top of my head.

im not saying not to use some moves at some parts during the game. For example upair when they happen to be on top of you. I just find it better placed in the 1 category.

I also dont know where glair would go?
Don't forget glide attack can kill around the same percent as an f-smash.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Huh... i think we're going to rethink my approach to this... Anybody who wants to help me post your AIM screen name here. I'll invite you to a chat when I get around to doing it... probably around 7 tomorrow. We'll make a list then post it, and anybody who wasn't present can comment on here.

If nobody shows up I'll do it by myself.

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
My AIM is xeleion. I do believe you can get that info by clicking on the little AIM guy next to you name though... ^__^

kown

Smash Lord
Huh... i think we're going to rethink my approach to this... Anybody who wants to help me post your AIM screen name here. I'll invite you to a chat when I get around to doing it... probably around 7 tomorrow. We'll make a list then post it, and anybody who wasn't present can comment on here.

If nobody shows up I'll do it by myself.
7 est. so that means 6 central. im down for that.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I'll be busy for this so I'm gonna post my opinions now. And cuase I'm bored
Jab-Stage2
Refresh's moves and does decent damage.
Ftilt-Stage2
Does damage, and will send them away, could be late stage 3 for a kill move.
Dtilt-Stage 2
Can chain into a few moves in stage 2, don't foget the spike either.
Utilt-Stage 1-2
Does damage, can chain in both stages, refreshes moves well.
Fsmash-Stage 1/3
Can killin stage 3, does good damage in 1 and should be refreshed.
Dsmash-Stage 3
use as a kill.
Usmash-Um, late stage 3 as a kill
Nair-Stage 1 and 2
Good approach and refresh's well.
Fair-Stage 1-2-3
Chains in stage 1, Edgeguards well in 3, is good in stage 2 as well.
Uair-Stage 2-3
Kills off the stage in 3, refreshes well in 2
Dair-Stage 1-2
Good approach move
Bair-Stage 1-3
Can killin stage 3, does good damage in 1 and should be refreshed.
Arrows Stage 2
as your only follow up
Angel Ring
Stage 1-2 for damage
Glair Stage 1 and 3
Stage 1 leads into Bair for damage-Stage 3 kills

I usually try to mix up what kill move I'm using on each life, but it's usually an edgeguard kill. It really depends on the char.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
thats what glair is. i dont where it goes for the two part damage phase.
Oh, ok. I'd put it phase three, for most stages and phase two for stages with high ceilings. It's knockback is mainly vertical, so in phase two you can use it and think of it as a fairly safe move to use because if you miss then your glide will probably take you too far for your opponent to punish you.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
Nice guide, I think this'll help smooth out my gameplay even more. I've tried doing this after asking some of you for advice and seeing it here in details really helps.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
k i only read the first few posts. But im quite fond of the weak bair for combos, its great for making people stumble and not fly too far even when at high% and is a great way to set up a finisher. Though i use it so much my fair usually does just as much knock back if not more then my Bair. lol. Its just so much more useful then any other aerials. It lasts pretty long and it has one exact point of contact. Its perfect for a fast fall. atleast better then all his other ones for setting up combos/kills.

But then again i use all of pits moves when the opportunity arises. Least used one i use would be like up smash.

Anyway i think weak Bair is good for phase 1 2 and 3. You just have to sacrifice a good killing move though. Not like its the easiest to land anyway.

This is fairly good and revolutionizes around the philosophies of fighting in smash as well, but there is a simple flaw to playing in phase-esc style: Predictability and punishment.

Generally players use a specific plethora of moves in certain situations whether if they chain or not, but having a predetermined playing style can lead to many predicted counter offensive attacks. If my opponent is getting aggressive in phase 1, it's a simple measure of spacing, avoiding pokes, abusing projectiles, and out prioritizing ill founded movements. In most cases, I could fall into the same scenario if the opponent was determined to play as such, but all a player would have to do is mix up their approaches while still being counter aggressive.

One of the most essential tactics in smash is mixing it up. To set an example in Melee:

If I'm playing Fox vs Marth on FD, your best tactic as Marth would be to Chain Grab at some point. When transitioned into phase playing, it's obvious that the Marth will try all of his best options to grab Fox which are (But not limited too): SH Fair>Grab, Shield Grab, SHUFFL'd Nair>Grab, D-tilt Grab.

When the Marth consistently tries to find a way to grab Fox, it's obvious that I could Spot dodge after my aerials, SHL and space, shield grab or space my aerials. This would obviously cause the Marth to be in a sticky situation. It's very important to act based on your percentage and simply not based on your opponents.

There really shouldn't be a set scenario where one move should take priority over another. Mixing up your approaches and reacting to the way your opponents act is of the utmost importance when playing in tournaments or in higher level matches.

I'm not saying that this is bad; it's very well though out. It's just that going in with a game plan could be worse off in the end than it is beneficial.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
You've still got plenty of room to mix things up, there are just some moves that are more effective than others at certain times, so you want to keep them in mind.

Also, swapping phases can in itself be a mixup. You play one way for a bit, then you start playing another. Players who haven't caught on to the big picture will have a hell of a time predicting anything you do.

There's also the possibility of introducing mixup strategies or even entire phases into this guide later.

kown

Smash Lord
yea TL is just jump projectile (repeat 5 times) bair (repeat 5 times) (repeat process 5 times). upsmash..... haha jk
Quivo is good.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Tl's best kill move could lead to a lot of things. I just choose not to usmash until needed.

Fair and fsmash are good, but they're nowhere near as good as usmash.

Also, Cincinnati just eats my projectiles : P
People powershielding and catching my bombs and ****. **** you guys.
jk, i <3 cincinnati. I'll miss you guys

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I guess I'll give it a try, but I cant guarentee that I'll do it correctly the first time because of my original Style.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
This is fairly good and revolutionizes around the philosophies of fighting in smash as well, but there is a simple flaw to playing in phase-esc style: Predictability and punishment.

Generally players use a specific plethora of moves in certain situations whether if they chain or not, but having a predetermined playing style can lead to many predicted counter offensive attacks. If my opponent is getting aggressive in phase 1, it's a simple measure of spacing, avoiding pokes, abusing projectiles, and out prioritizing ill founded movements. In most cases, I could fall into the same scenario if the opponent was determined to play as such, but all a player would have to do is mix up their approaches while still being counter aggressive.

One of the most essential tactics in smash is mixing it up. To set an example in Melee:

If I'm playing Fox vs Marth on FD, your best tactic as Marth would be to Chain Grab at some point. When transitioned into phase playing, it's obvious that the Marth will try all of his best options to grab Fox which are (But not limited too): SH Fair>Grab, Shield Grab, SHUFFL'd Nair>Grab, D-tilt Grab.

When the Marth consistently tries to find a way to grab Fox, it's obvious that I could Spot dodge after my aerials, SHL and space, shield grab or space my aerials. This would obviously cause the Marth to be in a sticky situation. It's very important to act based on your percentage and simply not based on your opponents.

There really shouldn't be a set scenario where one move should take priority over another. Mixing up your approaches and reacting to the way your opponents act is of the utmost importance when playing in tournaments or in higher level matches.

I'm not saying that this is bad; it's very well though out. It's just that going in with a game plan could be worse off in the end than it is beneficial.

This brings up an interesting point, it doesmake you a bit more predictable

so why not bring having a three phase pit one step further

in addition to haveing three phases you have a couple of different styles within each phase taht are jsut slightly different, like favoring one move more then another that way if your phase 1 style 1 gets a bit too predictable but they are still in the range that you need to rack up some damage then switch to a second style, ie leaning heavier on arrows or what not...

i dunno just a though, might be over complicating things but just putting it out there

Top Bottom