• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame data project [in progress]

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Utilt
Total: 32 frames

Ftilt
Total: 26 frames

Dtilt
Total: 22 frames

Such a shame dtilt won't ever lead into anything.

Good stuff, Timbers. More frame data is always a plus.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
call me a noob, but doesnt dtilt lead into fair at the right percentages?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I case ya'll didn't hear, I attempted to get frame data the manual way, which involves human error. I was told by someone that it would be as reliable as doing it on a computer (which is the way Timbers is doing it) but obviously this is untrue. I would have done it on a computer, but I didn't have proper equiptment.

Anyway, it was interesting to compare our results. Obviously, mine were incorrect, but honestly, not by that much (somemore than others, obviously).

Also, just know that I had good intentions, no matter what mean ol' Timbuhz says.

Lastly, good work, Timbers.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
...Waitasec. If Grab comes out in 6 frames, then is it possible to say that jab-jab-grab truly is a combo? :D

Timbers

check me out
Yeah I noticed you were pretty much on the money with everything Jeepz. Also always blame GofG. Always.

Like I said, you gave us a really good rough estimate on the startup and cooldown Luc's moveset, and you got them to us a lot more quickly than anyone else would have done.

C:

and Kita, highly doubtful.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Yeah I noticed you were pretty much on the money with everything Jeepz. Also always blame GofG. Always.

Like I said, you gave us a really good rough estimate on the startup and cooldown Luc's moveset, and you got them to us a lot more quickly than anyone else would have done.

C:

and Kita, highly doubtful.
That's a shame. Oh well, it doesn't matter, anyways. The entire point of it is that it's a mixup, anyways, right?

Also, how are you doing this?

Timbers

check me out
That's a shame. Oh well, it doesn't matter, anyways. The entire point of it is that it's a mixup, anyways, right?

Also, how are you doing this?
Yer a mixup. It's still effective. I grab out of jabs like 80% of the time, and will continue doing so until my opponent catches on.

Using capture card, importing video into imageready.

Browny

Smash Hater
:/ my frame data doesnt agree with yours at all. I taped training mode in 1/4 speed on the camcorder and play it back on the PC at 1/4 speed again so i can see like 2 frames per second and all my values are at least 2-4 frames higher than yours :(

what Hz TV are you using, i figure this must be a problem with my TV (although im sure its on 60hz)

Timbers

check me out
60hz here.

I went ahead and tested some of my own data to see how it stood up to 3GOD's own frame data, and it was accurate.

Except the rolls. For whatever reason I got 28 frame rolls and not 27. I'll have to check that again sometime at the end of the week (leaving for a few days) Everything else was good.

Oh, and I'm not using a camcorder. Capture card.

Landsmeer (near Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
:/ my frame data doesnt agree with yours at all. I taped training mode in 1/4 speed on the camcorder and play it back on the PC at 1/4 speed again so i can see like 2 frames per second and all my values are at least 2-4 frames higher than yours :(

what Hz TV are you using, i figure this must be a problem with my TV (although im sure its on 60hz)
maybe your camcorder uses a different framerate?
anyways the frames of the camcorder are not synchronised with your tv's frames.

Timbers

check me out
that jeepy guy nearly sabotaged our forums good thing he was caught in time!

Retested total frames on current statistics and confirmed and/or revised current listings.

Will get aerials up next...then forcepalm and anything else I'm forgetting about..and then the lingering hitboxes..

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
that jeepy guy nearly sabotaged our forums good thing he was caught in time!

Retested total frames on current statistics and confirmed and/or revised current listings.

Will get aerials up next...then forcepalm and anything else I'm forgetting about..and then the lingering hitboxes..
your Usmash is wrong, it says it ends

Milln

Smash Champion
your Usmash is wrong, it says it ends
Usmash

Total: 59 frames
Hitbox out on: 19
Hitbox in on:

No it doesn't. He must've corrected the error.

------------

XDDD

Timbuhz, where's my Jab Cancel data?

Jab CC > ???
and
Jab Jab CC> ???
WTB Frame data on time between the CC and what you can whip out, also enemy hitstun on the jabs.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
haha, this took me a while to understand, but ive been tired as well. And off of it...

(Idea)
Timbers, you could do a % of hitbox during the animation thing. Giving the % of the duration of the entire hitbox during the animation.

For example-

Fsmash

Total: 44 frames
Hitbox out on: 22
Hitbox in on: (EXAMPLE GUESS NUMBER) 41

So then out of the 44 frames, the Fsmash hit box is out 43.18% of the animation.

(then scientific things can happen)
then those numbers can be used as a figure of lasting hitboxes. And so forth.

-t2

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Hitbox out on: 22
Hitbox in on: (EXAMPLE GUESS NUMBER) 41

So then out of the 44 frames, the Fsmash hit box is out 43.18% of the animation.

then those numbers can be used as a figure of lasting hitboxes. And so forth.

-t2
i like the idea, but don't do it for Usmash, it'll ruin the fun

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
haha, this took me a while to understand, but ive been tired as well. And off of it...

(Idea)
Timbers, you could do a SCIENCE! of hitbox during the SCIENCE! thing. Giving the SCIENCE! of the duration of the entire SCIENCE! during the SCIENCE!

For example-

FSCIENCE!
SCIENCE! out on: 22
SCIENCE! in on: (EXAMPLE GUESS NUMBER) 41

So then out of the 44 frames, the FSCIENCE! hit box is out 43.18% of the SCIENCE!.

-t2
I like having moar SCIENCE! without me saying it is.
I'm Phil Nye, and I approve of this message.

Timbers

check me out
How do you tell when the hit boxes are out?
Hover the soon-to-be hitbox over a Ganondorf (personal preference. Big target=easy to get the initial hit)

I really have no idea how to get the ending hitboxes though. I mean I could give a rough estimate but that wouldn't do this thread any good.

So I'm saving that for last when someone can get an AR and do it for me or something.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
I dont consider all of the frame data of the length of hitboxes to be useful. They are clearly some attacks we want to know about more than others, and for those I think that just coming up with a number that says the hitbox is definitely out for X frames, but it might last a little longer would be useful.

Moves that I think should at least have this done are obviously F-smash. U-air. F-air. B-air. I dont consider the lingering effects of any of Lucarios others moves to really need any testing, since they either linger for a very short time or the move is more situational.

Still, to test for how long the hitboxes stay out. Use sonic, and just have him run into the hitboxes at various times in the attacks and see how late you can still get hit by them at. Its not perfect but it will give us data that should be useful enough.

theEffinBear

Smash Apprentice
Did somebody say science?

A problem I can see with having Sonic (or anyone else) running into the end of the attack is that it'd be hard to be sure that you didn't just start him a few pixels too far away, and you'd probably have at least a frame or two of uncertainty. That is, you'd have to account for both location and time.

Instead, I would suggest testing for hitbox-end frames by having another character roll into the attack (possibly Lucario himself because you already have his roll's frame data). That way you can guarantee that your test dummy will become vulnerable at the same location as the ending hitboxes, and you only have to narrow down your tests on the timing front. For the u-smash, you might want to do the testing on Battlefield with the test dummy up on one of the side platforms, 'cos Lucario might be slightly too short for the last few frames that his u-smash to hit him.

It would still be a bit dicey, but hopefully more (easily) controllable.

GOOD LUCK, SPACE CADETS.
/RtEB
[size=-2]p.s. SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE.
SCIENCE![/size]

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Well your data makes him out to be a bit slower than previously thought. At least we all used to think his side dodge was as good as his spot dodge...but how does it compare with other character's rolls? Is he still a good evasive player?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
A problem I can see with having Sonic (or anyone else) running into the end of the attack is that it'd be hard to be sure that you didn't just start him a few pixels too far away, and you'd probably have at least a frame or two of uncertainty. That is, you'd have to account for both location and time.

Instead, I would suggest testing for hitbox-end frames by having another character roll into the attack (possibly Lucario himself because you already have his roll's frame data). That way you can guarantee that your test dummy will become vulnerable at the same location as the ending hitboxes, and you only have to narrow down your tests on the timing front. For the u-smash, you might want to do the testing on Battlefield with the test dummy up on one of the side platforms, 'cos Lucario might be slightly too short for the last few frames that his u-smash to hit him.

It would still be a bit dicey, but hopefully more (easily) controllable.

GOOD LUCK, SPACE CADETS.
/RtEB
[SIZE=-2]p.s. SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE.
SCIENCE![/SIZE]

Wait, wait, that's no way to say that!
You're supposed to say,"Did somebody say SCIENCE!?!

btw, this is coming together quite well. I've been thinking that I would do analysis of "priority" of moves in each set of %s, 'cuz I want to see if there's any other decent fanning move besides fsmash, DT, and Side B, since they're all a bit slow/risky. Should I do it?

Top Bottom