• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Lucario

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
in training mode, (possibly vs mode) at 166-999, Lucario is exactly twice as strong as normal, his F smash often kills at like 80 and stuff, and his moves do like 15-20 damage at a time at that %.

someone should make azen post, he knows a lot, but he'll probably joke around and be like, I enjoy forward smash.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'll try to PM Blood Hawk, the best Lucario player in the midwest, for his input on Lucario. All I know is that he is ridiculously fun to play, and no matter how hard it is for him to KO its not keeping him from succeeding at tournaments.

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Lucario is one of my mains, so I actually feel I can contribute something to this discussion.

PROS:

High weight - Lucario is RIDICULOUSLY hard to KO. He has a very high weight and I find myself easily living to 200% in many games. This is also good because it means he has the advantage, in most cases, when exchanging hits.

Aura - Like M2K said, at 167% Lucario's damage and knockback double in power. At low %'s, he can produce some good combos and exchange hits because of his somewhat high priority. As he takes damage, he becomes more and more of a threat and those combo-sih moves become KO moves. Also, if Lucario is down by a stock, he automatically gets a 1.2 damage/knockback boost. Likewise, when ahead by a stock or more he drops to .9

Aura Sphere - It's like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball but 100 times better. First, it gains strength as you take damage even when it's already fully charged. So charge up AS all the way when you are at 0% then take some damage and AS will get a huge damage boost (plus the actual size of the sphere will grow up to prolly 20% more). One of myt favorite tactics is to jump in the air to charge and cancel it with an airdodge. Using this trick, you can charge AS while avoid attacks. I also like to use the hitstun of the charging animation as a tricky approach, as I can interrupt my opponents attack and then cancel it just before I hit the ground to start a combo.

Extended hitboxes - Most of Lucario's moves have extended hitboxes AND also extended animations. His upsmash actually can hit during the entire animation, even though it doesn't look like he is attacking. His b-air is another good example of this.

Throws - Lucario's throws are all really good, either for KO'ing or combo'ing (depends on your Aura). Force Palm is a powerful throw if you can land it, as it looks very similar to his forward smash. A,A f-b is a good combo as the enemy will usually try to block the 3rd hit only to get grabbed. And if they mistime the sidestep they get hit (not very strong, but enough to keep someone from countering).

CONS:

Recovery - Even though Lucario has high weight, a walljump and wallcling, and an airstall (d-air) his up-b is just horrible. Yea it's fast and you can aim it, but once you start it all someone has to do is grab the edge to force you onto the stage. It does no damage and very hard to aim at funky angles.

Aura - While this is one of the best traits about Lucario, it can also be one of the worst. If he is down by a stock it will be very difficult to get a KO as most of his moves don't have enough power to kill until he is at high %. Once you fall behind it can be extremely difficult to catch up again.

Range - Lucario has no good ranged attacks. He has very few attacks that he can do where you won't be severely punished if you miss. Most of his moves have some recovery time. Timing and spacing are very important to Lucario's game.

Approaches - Lucario has very few good approaches against some characters. You can't just run in and start fighting. You need to be very precise with your setups and spacing in order to break through an enemy's defenses.

Overall I think Lucario is probably one of the top 10 characters in the game. He has a lot of good things going for him, but at the same time he has a few drawbacks that make some characters too good vs. him.

And just a final note, Lucario is pretty badass. I like the black and white one. He's fun

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Lucario is a total beast. Running with Life Orb and Swords Dance, he can decimate pretty much any pokemon in the game. Close Combat is a STAB fighting attack with 120 BP that rocks anything that doesn't resist it. Most faster sweepers are of little consequence with ExtremeSpeed allowing you outrun them for huge damage as well. Stone Edge in the final slot takes down bulky waters like Gyarados, but Crunch will allow you hit ghosts harder. Luc can also run a choice specs set to catch physical walls off-guard, Sub-Salac to get a speed boost for the sweep or good old choice band if you just want to hit things hard and get out... this makes him, hands down, one of the best Pokemon available for trainers...

... and he's pretty good in Brawl too.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Just out of curiosity, do you ever really have to approach with Lucario? Seems like against most people you should be able to spam them quite a bit.

EDIT: lol...was that a smogon quote?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I hate playing against Lucario because the whole idea with Sheik is wrecking people from 0-150% in a short time and getting that final hit, except that in the process I'm also helping Lucario achieve his victory condition.

That said, Lucario has deceptively good range and strangely lingering hitboxes.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'm unfortunately not great with Lucario. The only tip I can really give is for beginner players (it should be obvious for everyone else) - maximize Aura by learning how live long through DI.

Oh, and throwing a second, or even a third forward smash, taking advantage of the F-smash's IASA frames, is really fun.

D

Deleted member

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant
4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Bullet Punch

Best used after CB tar makes a KO with pursuit.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Simna's annoying people all the way on the East Coast? That's amazing!

Anyway, this thread reminded me of something that may/may not need to be addressed which involves Lucario. But I think it'd be better off on another thread.

Kel

Smash Master
I don't know much, but what I do know is that Lucario has some amazing dodges. Namely, rolling. Lucario's roll has great distance and invincibility frames.

Lucario shouldn't really live to be 166% because of how bad his recovery is. Lucario's up B has some startup lag, doesn't sweetspot if you're holding the ledge, and has landing lag after he hits the stage. This means that if Lucario has to use his 2nd jump to recover, you should be able to get the kill by either jumping out and hitting him in his up B startup lag, or by staying on the ledge and letting him up B on the stage and hitting him back off (Like you would against Sheik in Melee). It's hard for Lucario to hit angles with his up B, and since his Up B does no damage, you should just stay on the ledge and see what happens from there.

Oh and his F smash is good.

A good counter pick for Lucario can be Luigi's Mansion. The stage is large and has many places to tech, so Lucario will most likely live to 166%. Also, Lucario's Fsmash covers the entire bottom of the basement on that stage, so there's a wall of priority that will give people trouble to get through.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
From what I've experienced, Lucario is a character whose moves come out a bit slow but have little to very little cool down lag. This means you can see his moves coming but they are hard to punish afterwards. Characters with counterattacks who play smart can have a good edge on Lucario for this reason, you can pretty easily see his move coming and initiate the counter to keep him at bay. At least, this is how I fight Lucario's. I try to get them while there moves are starting, rather than punish them after they've already thrown them out. Key word being try, as Lucario's moves are mostly really good.

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
It's all about UP+B wall cling.
New Yoshi' Story is an awesome stage because of this. Stages like BF, however, make this trick rather useless b/c it is so hard to hit the walls at the right angle to wall cling.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So, remember when I said I was going to ask Blood Hawk to do a write up? Well, he wrote like an entire essay that I think is definitely the best analysis I've seen on Lucario thus far, hands down. Really good stuff. The original font color was a deep blue, but it hurt my eyes to read, so I changed it back ^_^''

Blood_Hawk said:
When I think of Lucario, one word comes to mind; momentum. I can think of no other word that describes this character better.

Your goal is to build a momentum throughout the match to use against your opponent, as I believe this character is based heavily on that factor. Lucario’s Aura attribute is a very interesting one. The damage Lucario’s moves deal and his knock back is all dependent on his damage percentage and his standing in the match. This attribute is the tool that will help you build your momentum. It affects things such as the power of his all his moves and the size of the hit box of his Aura Sphere projectile.

Lucario’s game is all about knowing when to pressure your opponent and when to back off. Lucario is like a freight train in this respect. When he gets going he is hard to stop, but if he can’t get moving he is useless. You want to stay alive as long as you can to build that percentage for his Aura ability, while dealing as much damage as you can in the process. Lucario is no good to you if he dies at low percents all the time. You have to keep Lucario alive long enough to be able to KO after you damage your opponent. Lucario isn’t a character that can come back on a fresh stock and score a quick revenge KO unless your opponent is insanely damaged.

On the flip side, a Lucario at a high percent is very frightening. If your opponent lets Lucario build a good percent, he takes the chance of getting KOed at a relatively low %. This aura ability creates a tension line between you and your opponent. Your opponent is trying to KO you quickly and avoid your moves, while the Lucario player is trying to stay alive and land that KOing blow. Leaving a Lucario at a high percentage for too long will cost you the match very quickly if you are not careful. 3 stock comebacks have resulted from an opponent letting Lucario stay alive at a high percentage too long. Just because Lucario is down, doesn’t mean he is out.

Lucario has a ridiculous jab game as well as many mix ups out of jab. He can jab cancel into a plethora of moves or even just finish his jab combo for decent knock back. The third hit will always connect if you hit with the first two and don't hesitate with the third hit. Some of his better jab cancel options are; A grab (since his second jab sucks you in), a tilt, or even his side special Force Palm which doubles as a grab at close range. This makes Lucario very well equipped when he gets up close and personal. His jab mix ups also cover a ton of defensive options, so you can always cancel into a move that best suits your opponents defensive options.

Lucario is an absolute beast in the air. All his aerials are quick, can be chained easily, are impossible to punish if spaced correctly, and have a lot of range. Nair can be auto canceled into jabs, further increasing his combo ability. Dair utterly destroys anything below Lucario as well as stop all his downward momentum. Dair is very useful for edge guarding. If used correctly, Dair has an awesome stage spiking property that you can utilize.

Lucario, while excellent in the air, has a lot of trouble getting through some characters aerials. Moves with disjointed hit boxes and longer range give him a lot of trouble and almost nullify any chance of an aerial approach. You are reduced to following up your grounded strikes with your aerials (Metaknight’s, Marth’s, and Game and Watches’ aerials in particular). Heavier characters with low % vertical KO moves also give Luc trouble, as he cannot gain a damage base to KO with (Snake and u-tilt come to mind). Luc has to avoid these KO moves by spacing well, using projectiles wisely, and not putting himself in a low % KO situation.

His Projectile, Aura Sphere is one of the best in the game and one of his main KO moves. It gets bigger and stronger the more he gets damaged, ranging from the size of a softball at low percents, to a wrecking ball at max power. This is a good way for the opponent to gauge Lucario’s current power. It is quite intimidating when a high damaged Lucario has one of them stored, as getting hit by it at certain percents is a sure KO.

His smash attacks barring F-smash are pretty useless. D-smash is powerful, but slow and has little range. It is only useful for roll punishes. F-smash is a godsend. It is his main KO move and has insane range (more than Snake’s f-tilt!). It also has a tipper effect. This is his main KO move. What’s more, the IASA frames on F-smash make it hard to punish. Spaced F-smashes can create a great defensive wall that is hard to penetrate. Thus it is very spam-able with little worry about retaliation. His tilts are also all very fast and have nice range with less lag, so they are a good choice if you want to get your opponent off of you, while not suffering the lag of a smash attack.

Lucario’s biggest weakness lies in his non damaging recovery. It has a pretty slow start up and cannot damage opponents hanging on the ledge. Lucario is hardly helpless when an opponent has the ledge however. Extreme Speed allows Lucario to curve it multiple directions. He can curve it to a platform, on stage, or directly into a wall cling on flat surfaces. Dair stops all Lucario’s downward momentum, so it can be used for recovering mindgames. This can greatly aid in Luc's recovery if used right. Against characters like MK and D3, recovering can be quite a chore despite all that. Lucario doesn’t like being off the stage unless he is the one taking the opponent off and is in control.

To sum it all up, Lucario takes a lot of dedication to play. Lucario has a high learning curve and little appeal to most due to how much you must factor in to be good with him. You must also accept the fact that, at first, it is hard to gain a substantial lead most of the time. Most of your matches will most likely be nail biters where you must overcome deficits and beat your opponent in the clutch (this turns off most players to the thought of maining Luc, as they don’t do well in the clutch). Once you get to know his play style and learn the tools of the trade, he is an excellent character and you should find that those matches that were once considered clutch matches will sway in your favor most of time if you learn to use his abilities to their fullest.

Luc takes a lot of time to learn and use effectively. You must learn recovery instincts, what percentages you can chain moves (with your aura ability and your opponents %, this can be very hard as there are a lot of factors to consider), how to space his aerials perfectly, and survival instincts in general. Keeping Lucario alive is the most important thing to learn if you plan on playing him (good DI is very important here).

The Lucario player’s motto is: Take care of Lucario and he will take care of you.
Blood Hawk is definitely a great Lucario player, and I think its pretty clear that he has an awesome understanding of the character. He's gonna go far.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sorry this is so late. First day of classes and I just totally forgot this!

Synopsis:

Lucario is a character with all the answers. Under a strong player, his blatant weaknesses can be seen as obstacles to overcome rather than obstacles that prevent him from succeeding. With his great range, priority, speed and (when at high %) power, this character can go toe to toe with any character in the game as long as he can prevent himself from dying early. Lucario is the very definition of "clutch"; when you are down 3 stocks to 1, it is very possible to make a comeback if you just land a few good hits. Add to that a spammable and chargeable projectile with the possibility to KO and you've got yourself a good character. His learning curve will prevent him from flooding the tournament scene, but he will always be a force to be wary of.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm sure the Lucario boards will love Blood Hawk's essay up there. I know the SBR has been kinda busy again recently, but I figured Lucario would get a bit more discussion.

Everything after this post is general discussion.

Edit: Wait, I'll save this for tomorrow. Today there shall be a different character <3

Browny

Smash Hater
OMG first

BH's essay is top tier for sure. im sure lucario will become mroe popular with time. by more popular of course, i mean his playerbase wont shrink as rapidly as every other character who all swtich to main MK lol. Also i honestly think his utilt is one of the best moves in the game while not being turtle, tornado, snake utlit broken. theres nothing bad about it... range, damage, combo potential, speed (5 frames omg) and lag (?? is there any) and of course it can KO at resoanable %'s when it tippers. I used to think his dair was his best move but despite it being an inpenetrable wall of damage, combining lucario ridiculous roll-dodge with his utilt makes it such a spammable move, even as an approach.

i think BH missed a rather important point... its possible to cancel the majority of the landing lag associated with extreme speed if you land on the stage at the very edge of its range. its possible to curve from directly below the edge on BF to a relatively lagless landing on the platform above. Its extremely hard to do though, and even practice wont make perfect. online its practically impossible.]

and nothing on the FPCG? uthrow-FP is inescapable for heavy + fast fallers at low %'s and easily leads into the FPCG. Maybe other people have found a way out but every time i play snakes, falcos etc they dont seem to be able to get out of the 0-50% CG :/

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm surprised BloodHawk didn't talk at all about the Force Palm chaingrab. That being said, the rest of his essay should totally be stickied in the Lucario boards. Way too awesome.

I'll also chime in and agree with BH's assessment that most Lucario matches are nailbiter clutch matches (I'm assuming "clutch" means where both players are at high %, where one solid hit from either player can seal the game). Also agreed with "down but not out". My motto with Lucario is "it's not over 'till it's over". I find him interesting because of the psychological effect his Aura has on me. With other characters, once I go over 120%, I start getting defensive and fatalistic and I'm already planning how to begin my next stock, since I'm already virtually dead, and I've mentally given up on that stock. But with Lucario, once I hit over 100%, all I think is "Sweet! Now I can kick some ***!".

Definitely agreed with Panda in that I'm surprisd the SBR'ers didn't give more discussion. But then again, after BH's essay, that kind of sealed the deal. There's not much more to say after something like that.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
One thing that I think a lot of people miss when using Lucario is actually the situational usefulness of his UpSmash. Although it may have short horizontal range and lag, it is awesome for mindgames (in a way)/punishing. It lingers so long that you can use it to bring out an air dodge (if someone is falling from above) and it will still hit them after they land during the frames of landing before they can put of their shield. It has good priority due to the tipped disjointed hit box and is quite powerful especially when at high %s. At the same time, if you miss, you'll have to act fast to avoid punishment.

It's a high risk, high reward move but if you are able to bring out that air dodge, you're usually golden. It's definitely gotten me quite a few "clutch" kills.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
The best thing about upsmash is it's insane priority and how long it's hitbox lingers, it makes it quite nice. Cool down time is excessive though, which really limits it's usefulness in many situations.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Another very common misconception about Lucario is that his recovery is poor. Not only does extreme speed have amazing range (from below visible screen on final destination to the ledge), it can (with a fair bit of practice) be easily curved to fit almost any situation. It may not do damage but anyone who is decent enough at controlling it can definitely contest that it isn't a "bad move."

I have to say, not many character's upBs can take them from under final destination (not completely) to the stage while someone is edge hogging. I've done it twice, it's very hard, but its possible.

Overall, it sucks if you don't know how to use it, otherwise, its good.

Edit: also, nothing is more awesome than getting spiked by marth, only to meteor cancel, upB to the wall, wall jump and then proceed to edge hog said marth.

(extra awesome points if there are people watching to cheer afterwords)

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Agreed Kasai. Lucario's recovery can not hit people, but it is very flexible in the amount of options it gives him for getting back onto the stage from numerous locations.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
FPCG is a little overrated in my opinion. I have almost taken it out of my game completely because if you miss with FP it equals a free hit almost no matter what. The only time I ever attempt this on a regular basis is against DDD, DK or Snake because you can chain them about 3-4 times then Uthrow them to a Utilt and that deals some pretty serious damage.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I'm glad you all liked my essay. I had some fun writing it, that's for sure. Also, a Thank you to Panda for posting it here.

I would like to explain why I didn't go into extreme detail as far as moves/move detail goes.

First off, when I looked at the WCD, I noticed that the WCD wasn't necessarily about all the stuff characters can do technically. It was a general overview of how they played and tips to being successful with said character. I pretty much just wanted to give a general basis of how Lucario plays (with a little detail on certain aspects such as pros and cons), not really go into detail about all the things you can do with him. My essay was just kind of an eye opener.

Believe me, I could have went on all day about the Force Palm Chain Grab, how great of a tool Bair is if RARed and used to edge guard, dairs ability to nullify ledge grabs, how ridiculously fast his tilts start up time is, and more ways to effectively use Extreme Speed for recovery purposes.

If someone wants to play Lucario bad enough, they will figure out more in depth moves that you can do with Lucario by simply coming here for help and explanations and researching Luc on their own.

I actually wanted it shorter than it was, so I didn't go into very extreme detail. ha ha. FP chain grab, lag canceled X-speed, etc would have been nice to include, I must admit. They just didn't come to mind at the time I wrote the essay,

I really appreciate everyones input and strongly advise that you keep doing it.

Thanks much. ;)

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Lucario is a total beast. Running with Life Orb and Swords Dance, he can decimate pretty much any pokemon in the game. Close Combat is a STAB fighting attack with 120 BP that rocks anything that doesn't resist it. Most faster sweepers are of little consequence with ExtremeSpeed allowing you outrun them for huge damage as well. Stone Edge in the final slot takes down bulky waters like Gyarados, but Crunch will allow you hit ghosts harder. Luc can also run a choice specs set to catch physical walls off-guard, Sub-Salac to get a speed boost for the sweep or good old choice band if you just want to hit things hard and get out... this makes him, hands down, one of the best Pokemon available for trainers...

... and he's pretty good in Brawl too.
LMAO made my day.

Ace55

Smash Lord
His upsmash actually can hit during the entire animation, even though it doesn't look like he is attacking.
Tell me about it. I've been hit many times trying to airdodge or punish this. The only thing that Wario can do is like Ftilt, but he only uses it as an anti-air move obviously, so I've pretty much given up on trying to punish it. Just get out of the way of that rediculous hitbox, then maybe try a boost smash if possible. I've killed more Lucario's with boost smash than any other character. After you figure out when those strange hitboxes end it becomes pretty much the only way to punish a properly spaced attack, before you eat an uptilt to the face.

Ones you do hit a Lucario of the stage, and he can't wallcling to anything he's is big trouble though. Edgehogging speaks for itself, but if he is forced to land on the stage (and his percentage is like +105%) a ledgehopped upair will always seal the deal. Any other character can just climb back on stage, and throw/hit him off again. At the very best you could land on a platform, but even then it's still pretty much a free hit for the edgehogger (maybe not on Smashville if the platform is at the right place).

I use the edgehog to upair combo on any character with decent landing lag on his Upb, but with Lucario you don't even have to time the ledgegrab. Extremespeed is an attack, why the hell doesn't it do damage?

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Wow, The Lucario boards jumped on this one quick
And didnt Sakurai know Extreme Speed has 80 Base power?
sakurai doesn't care about moves unless they have stab (that's also why he made DT suck).

Like usual, SBR and BH nailed it. Killing with FP feels SO GOOD.

And starting a match against a wolf up by a stock from the fpCG>fair>nair>gimping wolf with more fairs is great.

CR1F3N

Smash Rookie
As far as i am concerned I think Lucario can be one of the best brawlers depending on the smasher that plays him. Lucario can change his play style at will through camping, defensive and aggressive playing, and comboing. This makes one of his only downfalls, the capacity of a player to switch his or her playstyle on a dime. While yes most of the time his up-b can be gimped it can be practiced heavily in order to save you that 1 out of ever 10 times you get hogged. The laggy (start-up and/or end) to his smashes require a player to think of when it is not punishable to use them and not spam the f-smash once they reach 100% (come on we are not sonic we have other kill moves). I agree with BH that Lucario does have a high learning curve and that any player who practices with him will only get better in time. Because of Lucario's ability to change his playstyle at any time he chooses is the reason why he controls the pace of the game. So in summary of this post just remember that Lucario is all about the mind games because the opponent will never be able to guess what is going to come at him when Lucario is picked in a tournament.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Kudos to BH, couldn't have done better. My favorite part was when it had SCIENCE! in it (thats the cue to edit the essay and put SCIENCE! in it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk
When I think of SCIENCE!, one word comes to mind; SCIENCE! I can think of no other word that describes this character better.

Your goal is to build a
SCIENCE! throughout the match to use against your opponent, as I believe this character is based heavily on that SCIENCE!. Lucario’s SCIENCE! attribute is a very interesting one. The damage Lucario’s SCIENCE! deal and his knock back is all dependent on his SCIENCE! percentage and his standing in the SCIENCE!. This attribute is the tool that will help you build your SCIENCE!. It affects things such as the SCIENCE! of his all his moves and the SCIENCE! of the hit box of his Aura Sphere projectile.

Lucario’s game is all about knowing when to pressure your
SCIENCE! and when to back off. Lucario is like a freight of SCIENCE! in this respect. When he gets going he is hard to stop, but if he can’t get SCIENCE! he is useless. You want to stay alive as long as you can to build that SCIENCE! for his Aura ability, while dealing as much SCIENCE! as you can in the process. Lucario is no good to you if he dies at low SCIENCE! all the time. You have to keep Lucario alive long enough to be able to SCIENCE! after you damage your opponent. Lucario isn’t a character that can come back on a fresh SCIENCE! and score a quick revenge SCIENCE! unless your opponent is insanely SCIENCED!.

On the flip side, a Lucario at a high
SCIENCE! is very frightening. If your opponent lets Lucario build a good SCIENCE!, he takes the chance of getting SCIENCE!ed at a relatively low SCIENCE!. This aura SCIENCE! creates a tension line between you and your opponent. Your opponent is trying to SCIENCE! you quickly and avoid your SCIENCE!, while the Lucario player is trying to SCIENCE! and land that SCIENCE!ing blow. Leaving a Lucario at a high SCIENCE! for too long will cost you the SCIENCE! very quickly if you are not careful. 3 stock SCIENCE! has resulted from an opponent letting Lucario stay alive at a high SCIENCE! too long. Just because Lucario is SCIENCE!, doesn’t mean he isn't SCIENCE!.

Lucario has a ridiculous
SCIENCE! game as well as many mix ups out of SCIENCE!. He can SCIENCE! cancel into a plethora of SCIENCE! or even just finish his SCIENCE! combo for decent knock back. The third hit will always SCIENCE! if you hit with the first two and don't hesitate with the third SCIENCE!. Some of his better SCIENCE! cancel options are; A SCIENCE! (since his second SCIENCE! sucks you in), a SCIENCE!, or even his side special Force SCIENCE! which doubles as a SCIENCE! at close SCIENCE!. This makes Lucario very well equipped when he gets up close and SCIENCE!!! His SCIENCE! mix ups also cover a ton of defensive SCIENCE!, so you can always cancel into a SCIENCE! that best suits your opponents SCIENCE! options.

Lucario is an absolute
SCIENCE! in the air. All his SCIENCE! are quick, can be chained easily, are impossible to punish if spaced SCIENTIFICALLY!, and have a lot of SCIENCE! Nair can be auto SCIENCE!ed into SCIENCE!, further increasing his SCIENCE! ability. SCIENCE! utterly destroys anything below Lucario as well as stop all his downward SCIENCE!. SCIENCE! is very useful for SCIENCE! guarding. If used SCIENTIFICALLY!, SCIENCE! has an awesome SCIENCE! spiking property that you can utilize.

Lucario, while
SCIENCE! in the air, has a lot of trouble getting through some SCIENCE!. Moves with disjointed SCIENCE! and longer SCIENCE! give him a lot of SCIENCE! and almost nullify any chance of an SCIENTIFIC! approach. You are reduced to following up your grounded SCIENCE! with your SCIENCE! (SCIENCE'S!, SCIENCE'S!, and SCIENCE'S! SCIENCE! in particular). Heavier SCIENCE! with low SCIENCE! vertical SCIENCE! moves also give Luc trouble, as he cannot gain a SCIENCE! base to SCIENCE! with (Snake and u-tilt come to mind). Luc has to avoid these KO moves by spacing well, using SCIENCE! wisely, and not putting SCIENCE! in a low SCIENCE! situation.

His
SCIENCE!, SCIENCE!! is one of the best in the SCIENCE! and one of his main SCIENCE! moves. It gets SCIENCIER! and SCIENCIER! the more he gets SCIENCED!, ranging from the size of a SCIENCE! at low SCIENCE!, to a SCIENCE! at max SCIENCE!. This is a good way for the opponent to gauge Lucario’s current SCIENCE!. It is quite intimidating when a high SCIENCED! Lucario has one of them SCIENCED!, as getting SCIENCED! by it at certain SCIENCE! is a sure SCIENCE!

His
SCIENCE! barring SCIENCE! are pretty SCIENCELESS!SCIENCE! is powerful, but slow and has little SCIENCE!. It is only useful for SCIENCE! punishes. SCIENCE! is a SCIENCE! It is his main SCIENCE! move and has insane SCIENCE! (more than Snake’s SCIENCE!!). It also has a SCIENCE! effect. This is his main SCIENCE! move. What’s more, the IASA SCIENCE! on SCIENCE! make it hard to SCIENCE! Spaced SCIENCE! can create a great defensive SCIENCE! that is hard to SCIENCE! Thus it is very SCIENCE!-able with little worry about SCIENCE!. His SCIENCE! are also all very fast and have nice SCIENCE! with less SCIENCE!, so they are a good SCIENCE! if you want to get your opponent off of you, while not suffering the SCIENCE! of a SCIENCE! attack.

Lucario’s biggest
SCIENCE! lies in his non SCIENCING!SCIENCE!. It has a pretty slow SCIENCE! and cannot SCIENCE! opponents hanging on the SCIENCE! Lucario is hardly SCIENCELESS! when an opponent has the SCIENCE! however. Extreme SCIENCE! allows Lucario to SCIENCE! it multiple SCIENCES!. He can SCIENCE! it to a SCIENCE!, on SCIENCE!, or directly into a SCIENCE! cling on flat SCIENCES!. SCIENCE! stops all Lucario’s downward SCIENCE!, so it can be used for recovering SCIENCE!games. This can greatly SCIENCE! in Luc's SCIENCERY! if used right. Against characters like SCIENCE! and SCIENCE!3, SCIENCING! can be quite a SCIENCE! despite all that SCIENCE! Lucario doesn’t like being off the SCIENCE! unless he is the SCIENCE! taking the opponent off and is in SCIENCE!

To sum it all up, Lucario takes a lot of
SCIENCE! to play. Lucario has a high SCIENCING! curve and little SCIENCE! to most due to how much SCIENCE! you must factor in to be SCIENCE! with him. You must also accept the SCIENCE! that, at first, it is hard to gain a substantial SCIENCE! most of the time. Most of your SCIENCES! will most likely be SCIENCE! biters where you must overcome SCIENCES! and beat your opponent in the SCIENCE! (this SCIENCES! off most players to the thought of SCIENCING! Luc, as they don’t do SCIENCE! in the SCIENCE!). Once you get to know his SCIENCE! style and learn the SCIENCE! of the trade, he is an excellent character and you should find that those SCIENCES! that were once considered SCIENCE! matches will SCIENCE! in your SCIENCE! most of time if you learn to use his SCIENCES! to their SCIENCIEST!.

Luc takes a lot of
SCIENCE! to SCIENCE! and use SCIENTIFICALLY!. You must learn recovery SCIENCES!, what SCIENCES! you can chain SCIENCES! (with your SCIENCE! ability and your opponents SCIENCE!, this can be very hard as there are a lot of SCIENCES! to consider), how to SCIENCE! his SCIENCE! perfectly, and survival SCIENCES! in general. Keeping Lucario SCIENCE! is the most important thing to SCIENCE! if you plan on SCIENCING! him (good SCIENCE! is very important here).

The Lucario player’s
SCIENCE! is: Take SCIENCE! of Lucario and he will take SCIENCE! of you.

Top Bottom