• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tek Lounge, Naples Bi-weekly Turny

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
CASH PRIZES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 wii's and t.v.s set up!!!!!!!!!!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournaments held every other sunday at tek lounge at 2:00 P.M EST subject to change

2700 Immokalee Rd. Unit 6 Naples FL 239-628-3532 open 11:00am to 2:00 am everyday!!! : D www.gamenaseum.com

Please sign up at
http://allisbrawl.com/series.aspx?id=205
for medals and such.

$15 entry fee (Includes 1v1 and 2v2)

1v1
3 stock
7 minutes
best of 3 maps, finals best of 5
first map is random neutral. Characters will be picked double blind.
After this match, The loser gets character AND Stage counterpick.
You will NOT be paired with your doubles partner in the first round.

2v2
3 stock
7 minutes
best of 3 maps, finals best of 5 maps
Team Attack: on
same counterpick settings as 1v1

Dave's Stupid Rule (No Stage can be picked twice in a set if already been won by that player)
no characters are BANNED
Infinite caping is BANNED
Laser-Locking is BANNED
ALL Items are BANNED
Stalling is BANNED i.e (Sonic under the stage homing or gliding under etc.)
Chain Grabbing is ALLOWED
Infinite is ALLOWED (Not on a wall)
Suicide killing is ALLOWED
Double Elimination
Grand Finals-In order to take second place you must have 2 losses. (If your in grand finals and haven't lost a set throughout the tourney you must be beat 2 sets to take second.

Sudden Death
In the event of sudden death, the game will be paused instantly. (Speak to host)
The player who had less percent (or more stocks) before entering sudden death will win the match.
It will be played out, only if stocks and percent were equal prior to entering sudden death.
If caused by a suicide move, such as Bowsers claw or kirby swallow, the player that caused it wins the game.

neutral stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks stages:
Corneria
Pokemon Stadium: Melee
Mario Circuit
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's mansion
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pirate Ship
lylat cruise
Hanenbow (2v2 only)

10 People Enter Prizes are as Follows:

1st place 1v1: $50 Visa Gift Card

2nd place 1v1: 5 hours store credit

1st place 2v2: 5 hours store credt each

15 People Enter Prizes are as Follows:

1st place 1v1: $50 Visa Gift Card

2nd place 1v1: 5 hours store credit

1st place 2v2: $25 Visa Gift Card each

2nd place 2v2: 5 hours store credit each

20 people enter:

1v1 prizes:
1st place: 100$
2nd place 10$ store credit

2v2 prizes:
1st place: 25$ each player
2nd place 5$ store credit each

Tek Lounge 239-628-3532

after/during the tournament you will be allowed to use Tek Lounge Facilities which include computers, with WoW, C.S etc. Xboxs, halo, cod4, DOA4 Rock band and guitar hero.

Please leave any suggestions you'd like but no flaming please. Lets get Naples Florida on the map for Brawl!

when more people start turning out we will raise the prizes but for now this is the best we could do.. the cash cards are accepted anywhere visa is accepted which is anywhere...

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
attendance won't grow much until there's a cash prize. Though at least Visa is tons better than the previous gift cards. Hopefully this one will bring in more of the nearby smashers anyway.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
The numbers don't really add up, but I'm too happy to care. Tournaments=good

The only thing I'm worried about is getting a 6 person turnout again. :(

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
I'll try... I don't know how willing they'll be because its the first weekend after school.

How many Naples's locals play smash but aren't smashboardians? I'm trying to think of a way to get the word out to them too...

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Vicious says he'll be there.

I was wondering, are we gonna get medals on Aib?

I think there needs to be at least 8 people attending, but not everyone is on All is Brawl to confirm so they can't know that we had enough.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Do you use Tio for brackets? You can upload your Tio file onto the results thread and it'll link the winners to the accounts, if the names match.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
When you make the tournaments results thread, put the link in the OP so we can all get to it.

And whoever went, make sure to register on Aib so that 1st 2nd and 3rd get their medals and so that the tio file matches up with accounts.

HunterSFL

Smash Rookie
I'm in Naples for the week for work, staying not even 10 minutes away (I'm at Hawthorn Suites on Pine Ridge). Do you guys play at this place during the week regularly?

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
No, most of us have school till 3 (I workout till 5) then on top of that homework and dinner. Some might if be available to play if you message them, but I'm far too busy.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Now I'M bumping this thread, because I was just there tonight and it is SO nice in there O_O I love this place, and I wish it was so much closer so I could go more.

But if attendance for tournaments was going to grow, then I would love to come out for them, since it's really not THAT far from where I live.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
There are reasons attendance is so low. First of all, since they have to make money somehow, roughly 50% of the pot is taken. 7 people 15 dollars each= 105$ total
50$ visa gift card(which I am a big fan of and fully support) goes to singles winner
The rest of the prizes are store credit...at a store that doesn't sell anything.
You get free hours of gaming, which isn't all too bad since the place is really sweet. They give about 30 dollars worth of hours for the rest of the prizes totaled up.

Its hella fun, and worth it for any smasher. But if you're just in it for the money, you'll be disappointed.

I see it being the center of Naples smash until Vicious and I host our big Florida Tournament which we still have to work out the details of.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
There are reasons attendance is so low. First of all, since they have to make money somehow, roughly 50% of the pot is taken. 7 people 15 dollars each= 105$ total
50$ visa gift card(which I am a big fan of and fully support) goes to singles winner
The rest of the prizes are store credit...at a store that doesn't sell anything.
You get free hours of gaming, which isn't all too bad since the place is really sweet. They give about 30 dollars worth of hours for the rest of the prizes totaled up.

Its hella fun, and worth it for any smasher. But if you're just in it for the money, you'll be disappointed.

I see it being the center of Naples smash until Vicious and I host our big Florida Tournament which we still have to work out the details of.
This is why attendance is so low :/ It's a shame really, because the establishment is beautiful.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Yeah in all honesty ihatemybrother no one will show up to a place just because it's 'fun' and the venue is 'nice'. The only people you'll have are regulars and locals. If you think about it, why would someone show up to a place to have fun when they can have a similar experience at their house with a few friends invited and buying energy drinks and beef jerky for snacks? It's so much more logical to just choose the latter ... so with the terrible prizes, don't expect people that live over an hour away to come to your tourneys. As far as I'm concerned you guys need to step it up with the prizes and quit being so cheap with them trying to make 75% profit out of everything. Or at least do it big like Play 'N Trade does.

When do you guys hang out and smash by the way? Like besides tourney nights?

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Yea I know, and it kills me that Naples has sooo much untapped potential for a consistent community. We just need to get more out of towners to come to our tourneys, and for that to happen, a consistent venue that can host alot of players and still keep the pot big.

@SmashMac, We don't take any profits.
The freaking Tech Lounge steals 50% of the pot and won't allow us to do cash for fear of hosting illegal gambling. That is why Vicious Delicious and I have been trying to come up with an alternative. He just checked out a venue, but it was far to expensive to even have money left over for the pot.

So we're thinking my house. I want to have a real tourney, trust me, I really do. I was trying to be polite to the person that took the initiative to organize the tech lounge, but I'm abit ticked off right now.

Tech-lounge tournies are a disappointment, its either your fault for negotiating poor terms with them or they are just too stubborn to even speak with.

Tournies need more than one TV, cash, and people want to see thier money go into the pot, not the pockets of the store owner. In all fairness, I understand that they have to make money, but it simply does not work for smash tournaments.

And Smashmac, isn't simply the experience a good enough reason to attend? (given one lives in Naples.) Don't judge me for going to a poorly developed tournament. I want to get better therefore I expand my knowledge of the game through other smashers.

And no, we don't have smashfests and we don't hangout. Our tournies are the only way to reach eachother at the moment.

And to Andrew, Sorry bro, but I just had to say it. I appreciate you making the effort and we're now much more organized and in unison than before, but I'm just not digging the tournaments. You took the first steps to developing our community and I thank you for that. But there are bigger and better things for all of us to move on to.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Yea I know, and it kills me that Naples has sooo much untapped potential for a consistent community. We just need to get more out of towners to come to our tourneys, and for that to happen, a consistent venue that can host alot of players and still keep the pot big.
Exactly. You know dude not to bring things down for Tek Lounge but if you can you should try to host tourneys on your own accord with out their help and just be the Naples Champion yourself. You seem to have the right vision of things. Sure Tek Lounge is nice/beautiful/air-conditioned/fancy/*insert something nice here* ... but with this "Oh we can't give money for prizes it's 'gambling'" garbage they're holding on to ... eh dude it's really holding you back.

There's a place in Orlando, FL. called Gigabits Lan Center that gives money out for prizes dang near every weekend at tournaments ...? Get in contacts with them and see how they do it that way you guys can step it up and be the Gigz of Naples.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Yeah, Gigabits has an incredible tournament following. The establishment isn't even that nice, honestly, but they just have such a following because they know how to work things.

You guys can work it out :)

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
Tournies need more than one TV, cash, and people want to see thier money go into the pot, not the pockets of the store owner. In all fairness, I understand that they have to make money, but it simply does not work for smash tournaments.

1)last tourney we had 2 wiis and a 2 tvs but there was only 7 people so we only played with one wii..

2)alot of people don't feel comfortable going to someones house they don't know to play brawl so even if you have a cash payout with little host income i'm not so sure you'll have such a great turnout.

3)Tek Lounge takes less than 50% of profit if your taking into account solely the prizes.. theres the visa gift card yes it pays for gas +whatever you like, and store credit. also after and during the tournament you have access to computers, printers, pcs, fax machingand xboxs.. unlimited play.. for free. this would cost you extra money as well. It's a safe supervised environment where you can play without worry and just smash, and isn't that what we all like to do?

4) I did my best on prizes and i don't see what the difference is between cash and the gift card honestly...

5) We just need more people to come! smashmac if you shiekssbm and your crew come then that basically makes the 15 for 1v1 and 2v2 prizes.. with our "regulars" (VD, me, Volta, Nicky, Tory, Chrono, phil, mike) then staganelli,(bull****), and we got with another kid today.. VD your step brother needs to show, chronos partner and then theres many more.. if we get everyone in on the same tournament date from previous tourneys then we have roughly 25 kids..

6)im totatally up for suggestions but no cash payout, im sorry!

7)next tourney is saturday september 7 at 7:00 P.M

8)if more people come we can give bigger prizes! so stop *****ing and unite as a community and get your ***** to the tourney! :p

9)i'm done numbering my points rofl.

10) almost; http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2566

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Well, I doubt this tournament will have much of a turn out, since it's the day after Gigabits :/

Top Bottom