• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with ledge techers and Foot stools with DK's CSS

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Very nice, i was starting to get upset at all the teching that was going on.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Wow! Incredible!

PS:

i laughed when you threw them under the stage. at first I thought you found out about it because of lag, hahaha

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Although I knew about this before, there's an even easier way to deal with some of the characters. From what I can tell, there are some characters that if you just walk off, go down, and D-Toss then AWAY from the stage, they cannot recover. So far, this is what I've found

Characters Who Cannot Make it Back
------------------------------------------
Ike (so no reason to throw him under the stage)
Link

Characters Who Would Make it Back if You Didn't Have Invincibility Frames
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario
Ganondorf
(may be mistaken about these two)

Either way, some people's recoveries are bad, and you don't even need to abuse throwing them under the stage to D-Toss them to death. Also, I never seriously tested this, and while I'm almost 100% sure about the above characters, there may be even more characters whose poor recoveries you can abuse like this.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I know its just this way is more fun.

for example I tried this against marth but it doesn't because you can't refresh your invincibility fast enough, but if you throw him away from the stage then he will almost never make it back

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
Fall off to dthrow?

I thought the way to deal with techers was to over b immediately after stage spike to be sure?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wait, I tested something on smashville earlier today, and a good 2/3 of the cast can make it under the stage to the other ledge. Can't someone just go to the other ledge if they're expecting it when you throw them under the stage?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Wait, I tested something on smashville earlier today, and a good 2/3 of the cast can make it under the stage to the other ledge. Can't someone just go to the other ledge if they're expecting it when you throw them under the stage?
you have discovered its massive weakness. its more of a mind game anyway, if they expect you to CSS then they would dodge and lose quite a bit of height. its just flashy+ they usually will try to recover towards you because that side will be closer at lower % and then you ledge guard.

you can also do this on FD because it is different timing causing them to be able to react fast instead of on muscle memory to tech

magikguy

Smash Lord
this will work great offline .. great find .. but online the timing is harder for them so its still ok to use the regular stage spike ,

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
You can rising nair to smack a techer, or rising uair.

Just don't over b as I said earlier. You'll die.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Hmm....works on Marth, eh?

Have you tried against smart Marths? You know, the kind that will stall with dancing blade first after being thrown away from the stage, THEN use their second jump and upb? It might be much more difficult to hog that edge if they do it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Hmm....works on Marth, eh?

Have you tried against smart Marths? You know, the kind that will stall with dancing blade first after being thrown away from the stage, THEN use their second jump and upb? It might be much more difficult to hog that edge if they do it.
have you ever heard of smart DK players? they should know when a marth won't make it back at a certain %. DK can also refresh his invincibility fairly quickly so if they do that stall it won't matter because DK can stall better.

if the stall comes first you can refresh invincibility after they double jump so they won't make it. if the stall comes after the second jump you can anticipate it and refresh during the stall so they still don't make it back.

either way they won't make it back if you go as low as you can and if they are at 90+%

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
*ahem* Literacy for the win. <_< I said "away from the stage." I know under the stage won't work. My original post was not intended to come off as sounding like a smartass (I can see how it did), but now I don't mind so much, given my reception.

And, of course a smart DK knows when that throw will ko and when it won't-however, if they go for it early because the opponent might be preparing to tech as the mindgame that you guys mentioned earlier, then perhaps they would gamble on the airdodge and edge hog/stalling for the ko. If they didn't fall for it, I was wondering if it would still work. That's all.

So excuse me, I guess. DK isn't my character, I just like to gather information from various boards and help people.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
*ahem* Literacy for the win. <_< I said "away from the stage." I know under the stage won't work. My original post was not intended to come off as sounding like a smartass (I can see how it did), but now I don't mind so much, given my reception.

And, of course a smart DK knows when that throw will ko and when it won't-however, if they go for it early because the opponent might be preparing to tech as the mindgame that you guys mentioned earlier, then perhaps they would gamble on the airdodge and edge hog/stalling for the ko. If they didn't fall for it, I was wondering if it would still work. That's all.

So excuse me, I guess. DK isn't my character, I just like to gather information from various boards and help people.
I realized you said away after I posted and I edited it but you responded too fast so I'm sorry for that too.

but I guess you are right on the mind game part. but I actually have not tested if they will air dodge if you down throw them and they anticipated a CSS. the hit stun MAY last too long but IDK. but once they hit that certain % it is best just to just go for the cargo d toss kill

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
what the hell, it says the video is private. I can't watch it! I must see what the video shows!

Top Bottom