• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"MAD PRIZE SON" sat. august 16th a NY event

Lean

Smash Journeyman
hol tha phone......3 years laterrrrr stepped out t
WE NEED SET-UPS PPL PLZ AND DONT FORGET TO BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER

Date:
Saturday, August 16th 2008

Address:
ToyWiz
253 West Route 59
Nanuet NY 10954

GOOGLE MAPS FOR LAZY BUMS
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...8365&z=14&om=1
ALSO MAPQUEST
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...&zipcode=10954

Time Schedule:
Registration will start at: 11:30 AM
Registration will end at: 12:30 PM
Doubles will begin at: 1:00 PM
singles will begin at: wen doubles is ended
After Doubles and hour break will happen.

Side events such as random chrecters or low tier melee doubles are encoureged as long as enough ppl are intrested but they will happen after both brawl and melee

Prices:
Venue Fee: $5
Singles Fee: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per teammate)
the manager also wishes to take a certain percentage out depending on how many ppl actually show up

Prize Payouts:

SINGLES:
1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

DOUBLES:
1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

RULES BRAWL SINGLES AND DOUBLES

- Best 2/3 (Finals 3/5)
-- 3 stock
-- 7:00 Time Limit
-- Ties broken by lives, then percentage.
-- Double Elimination (Unless entrants exceed 64, in which we WILL do pools to bracket)
-- First Stage is either agreed upon or random (Neutrals) after the initial selection of characters.
-- Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.
-- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.
-- Double Blind Character pick may be called at the beginning of every set.
-- Team Attack ON
-- Life Stealing allowed
-- Items OFF
-- 4 Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Story
-- 11 Counterpick stages: Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise

Rules: MELEE
SINGLES:

All matches will be best of 3. Semi-Finals will be best of 5. Winner's Final's, Loser's Final's and Grand Final's will be best of 7.

Stage Selection:

- After characters are chosen for the first match, both players can knock out one stage for the duration of the set. Random select stages cannot be knocked out.
- Unless all players can agree on a stage, the first stage of a regular set will be randomly selected.
- After each match, the loser of the match can counterpick with a legal stage or elect to go random before characters are chosen.
- All players have one reset per set. Resets may only be used on randomly selected stages during the first five seconds of play. The stage cannot be played again when randomly selected, but is still available for counterpicking.

Character Selection:

- A double blind pick may be called at any time during any set. Tournament staff will judge the selection.
- After each match, the loser may pick the next stage (or go random). After this decision is made, the winner of the previous match may change characters. Afterwards, the loser of the previous match may change characters.
- Characters may not be changed after a reset is called. Once characters are chosen, the decision is in effect until the end of the match.

DOUBLES:

The doubles bracket will be randomly seated with seprations of crews.

Special Team Rules:
- Team Attack is ON.
- Life stealing is allowed.

All other rules that apply to singles apply to teams as well.

Stage Listing

Singles

The following stages are available for random select for singles:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokémon Stadium

The following stages are available for counterpick for singles:

- All random stages
- Rainbow Cruise
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Poké Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Mute City
- Green Greens

The following stages are banned from singles:

- Mushroom Kingdom
- Mushroom Kingdom II
- Flatzone
- Icicle Mountain
- Princess Peach's Castle
- Great Bay
- Venom
- Hyrule Temple
- Yoshi's Island
- Yoshi's Story 64
- Onett
- Fourside
- Big Blue
- Brinstar Depths

Doubles:

The following stages are available for random select for teams:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Pokémon Stadium

The following stages are available for counterpick for teams:

- All random stages
- Rainbow Cruise
- Jungle Japes
- Poké Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Great Bay

The following stages are banned from teams:

- Mushroom Kingdom
- Fountain of Dreams
- Flatzone
- Icicle Mountain
- Princess Peach's Castle
- Mute City
- Venom
- Hyrule Temple
- Yoshi's Island
- Yoshi's Story 64
- Onett
- Big Blue
- Brinstar Depths

Other Rules:

Wobbling is banned. Period. The tournament staff will be the sole judges of such actions. Wobbling will result in immediate and total disqualification.

As you can guess, modded controllers are not allowed. Third-party controllers are allowed, but you cannot use their programmable functions. Disqualification will follow if discovered.

Of course, you cannot use glitches or stalling to either disable your opponent or indefinately suspend match play. Doing so can lead to match forfeiture or tournament disqualification.

In an effort to prevent bracket manipulation and to preserve the spirit of the tournament, the following rule is in effect. Matches or entire sets may not, under any circumstances, be voluntarily forfeit by any player for any reason. Match or set forfeiture occurs upon the discovery of a broken rule. Absence from a match or set or voluntary forfeiture will result in total disqualification. Make sure you have a way of being contacted if you happen to be absent from your set when the time to play comes. You can also notify tournament staff if you will be running late beforehand or at any time during the tournament.

Coaching is allowed between matches, but no mid-match instruction may occur. Talking, sneering, and giggling from coaches is allowed, but coaches can be silenced at the request of any player currently engaged in a set.

Trash talking IS ENCOURAGED. No fighting, no rough stuff, no overly abusive language or yelling...you know the deal. Be nice, and try to be good about when you lose because (almost) everyone is guaranteed to lose at least once, so just be good about it.

Please bring your own controller. Please.

RULES CAN BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANYTIME

I want enough set ups this time no 4 tv bull**** anymore. I am going to have at least 5 TVs there I need more though I want 10 set ups and also I want enough Wiis and Gamecubes.

Post if you can bring anything there like Wiis/Gamecubes, TVs, Power Strips, Smash Disc. ANYTHING WE NEED IT!!!!1

I am Captain Falcon

Smash Rookie
Hi guys my name is Bobby and this is going to be my first tournament attending.

I am really good at this game.

I want to play people for money in Melee

If you want to say so and I'll be at the tournament.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Why is my name in the title if I'm not doing shi.t for this tournament or doubt I'm even going.

ROFLCOPTER at the captain falcon kid.

WATCH OUT HE JUST BE PRO.

god **** brawl sucks

Lean

Smash Journeyman
hol tha phone......3 years laterrrrr stepped out t
doesnt look like the date will change because some customers came in to the store the past couple of days and said they would prob attend it.... and bailey u are comming because it was ur idea to even have this event held at toywiz lolz....

phish-it

Smash Champion
Prices:
Venue Fee: $5
Singles Fee: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per teammate)
the manager also wishes to take a certain percentage out depending on how many ppl actually show up
This was one of the reasons I didn't want to attend any more of these tournaments. Isn't the purpose of the venue fee to get money without taking from the pot?

phish-it

Smash Champion
Yeah I'll probably come to this anyway. Bailey, are you still even around!?

On another note; who wantes to MM my Murt or take the Murt Murh Double Dragon challenge? (In Melee that is)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This looks awfully amazing. Is there anything tasty near the venue?

I'd probably come just for the food if it's good enough.

otg

Smash Master
Yeah I'll probably come to this anyway. Bailey, are you still even around!?

On another note; who wantes to MM my Murt or take the Murt Murh Double Dragon challenge? (In Melee that is)
I'll MM your bowser any day of the week, I'm just banning Yoshi's against you.... although you seem to have a habit of choosing it continuously lol.

Also, if I do come the 16th is my bday. Free entry free (^.^)??

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
Storms we better be teaming.
Hes teaming with me if he comes which he prolly can't funny enough lol so your prolly gonna team with me.

We have great selections.
I'll MM your bowser any day of the week, I'm just banning Yoshi's against you.... although you seem to have a habit of choosing it continuously lol.

Also, if I do come the 16th is my bday. Free entry free (^.^)??
You can have dibs on the best chair.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Bailey is teaming with Eric.

I love how we are saying this will be the outcome

Doubles:
1st. Bailey/Eric or Storms/Phil
2nd. Storms/Phil or Bailey/Eric
3rd. no one gives a f.uck

TWK?

Smash Cadet
I'll be there for the Brawl later on, already talked to Storms, think I can make the time if Brawl starts later like he suggested. Hope to see you guys there!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm confused about the schedule. It says doubles start at 1. Is this for Melee or Brawl? How are both games gonna be run? Doubles in 1 game followed by doubles in the other? I can only come for doubles then I have to leave.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Wow, this is surprising.

Bailey I thought you quit? Same with Steve and Sean.

Regardless, its good to see you guys are still around. You should consider the date change regardless of if people came in and asked about it. Just have Jeff post on the website that the date is different.

Ima let hax and the bunch know bout this.

Also, why not just make this a melee tourney? I mean brawl has its own tourney every single week as it is. At least try to help the melee community by making this just Melee lol.

and if jeff wants money, just make the door fee go to him rather than taking money from the pot. :)

Bailey - Captain Falcon VS. ANYONE'S (besides storms') Fox

$5
The next time I see you I'll do CF vs ganon for that much.

Some of the best restaurants I've ever been to in my life are in this area. I advise you go.

I'm confused about the schedule. It says doubles start at 1. Is this for Melee or Brawl? How are both games gonna be run? Doubles in 1 game followed by doubles in the other? I can only come for doubles then I have to leave.
If you read the OP it says melee singles and brawl doubles/singles.

Thats-husbands-color

Smash Cadet
Yea I hear Storms is co-hosting the tourney cause Lean deals crack on the side and every once in a while Pablo cause a dub and whines about how he can taste some oregano in it and Storms said hes gonna make the rules mighty gay. So i suggest if smashers don't wanna get screwed bring some lube.

Top Bottom