• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vulcan GameBox Brawl Tournament I Results/Shoutouts

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Doubles: Bracket
1: Squirtle Kombat (pr0t0 + Phantom) ($210.00)
2: Asian Food Destroyers (3GOD + MookieRah) ($60.00)
3: Blackhole Beam Machine (Clint + Baky) ($30.00)
4: Comb Your Beard (George + Poet)
5: Danger (Alexander Hayden + Daniel Robertson)
5: How the Grinch Stole XMas (Elevate + Z!dtm)
7: You just gotta bye (Bob + Calob)
7: Juggernauts (Kalob + Jousha)
9: Shrubbery (Kevin + Matt)
9: Team BroRape (theONEJanitor + intact)

Singles: Bracket
1: 205 [Diddy Kong] ($231.00)
2: Elevate [King Dedede and Mr. Game & Watch] ($66.00)
3: Pr0t0 [Mr. Game & Watch and Wolf] ($33.00)
4: George [Kirby and Donkey Kong]
5: Baky [Snake]
5: DanGR [Olimar and Lucario]
7: Phantom [King Dedede and Mr. Game & Watch]
7: theONEjanitor [R.O.B., Diddy Kong, and Sheik/Zelda]
9: MookieRah [R.O.B.]
9: Clint Beastwood
9: popsofctown
9: Chaz
13: Duchock [Ness]
13: Geist
13: 3GOD
13: Thes
17: Patrick Falcon [Captain Falcon]
17: Z!DTM
17: Intact
17: Cubic
17: London
17: Excudo

This tournament was a load of fun. Hope everyone comes for the next one. We need to play one on one next time, MookieRah. Elevate, you're freaking good.

Wouldn't mind some help with your mains, guys.

Next Tournament is Aug. 9!

3GOD

Smash Ace
DanGR: Nice Olimar. I haven't realized his potential until now. Keep up the good play.

Pops: You play a simple but very effective Zelda. I definitely need practice in that match up, and I hope to gain some from you next time.

Squirtle Kombat: You guys have a good team. Congratulations.

MookieRah: Good work in teams dude. I think we worked pretty decently together considering it was the first time we ever teamed.

Baky: It was good meeting you. You definitely have a good understanding of Brawl.

Will: I don't know if you ever even go on Smashboards...glad to see you're playing Brawl. I'm ready for the semester to kick back into gear so all us dudes can start practicing character match ups.

Johns: I was told that we were doing a Swiss round only to find out after my 2nd loss that it was straight to the brackets. Not saying that I would have beaten the dudes I lost to, but it was lame to find out after the fact.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Okay! Here we go~

Elevate: Pretty darn good playin' (but your brother's better :O). That's the first time I've ever pulled that move off on pkmn stadium before. Dedede is too heavy to escape! D:

Clint Beastwood: We didn't play a match or even talk to each other. I did, however, snap a picture of you on my phone when I walked in the door. You look exactly like and have similar mannorisms to one of my ex-roommates.

DanGR: Stop killing my friends! And I hope we never ever get matched up in brackets ever ever ever.

Duchock: Stop playing Ness and start playing something more anti-G&W.

Phantom: I got lucky, really. One of these days, though, I'll L2counterpick.

Everyone who came from out of state: THANK YOU! It's about time Alabama got some tournaments hosted, and your patronage only makes it stronger~

Edit: Also, side note. It was my birthday and no one even wished me happy birthday. I hate you all.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Great Wario 3GOD.

Nice G&W Beasty.

Hey duchock, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Who were your friends? I didn't have to play against you this time around. ^__^

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
Asian Food Destroyers: You guys did great especially for having never teamed before. You were definitely the second best team there, and you guys will be scary if you play together more.

Duchok: Don't give up on that Ness. Your Ness has gotten TONS better since I first saw it at the tuscaloosa tourney back in April so keep up the good work. and happy birthday a day late.

DanGR: I saw 5 minutes ago that you hadn't posted the tourney results in the Character Rankings thread so I did it only to see you beat me by 5 minutes. I'll just leave the job to you in the future, lol.

btw theONEjanitor used Diddy Kong and Pr0t0 used Wolf.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry Duchock. Your Ness is really good though. You shouldn't give up on it. Best I've seen so far. I usually 3 stock most Ness' I play against. >_>

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Sucks that I have snake next to my name, I wish I could have played my better characters more...I was afraid of matchups. Regardless I lost to people who were better.

Elevate: First D3 player to have a Waddle Dee kill me with its attack. U gotz skillz.

Proto & Phantom: Both of you beast, hope to see you again and we MS folk will give you two better competition in team battles next time.

Thes: Only girl who beat a snake with sonic. It was funny.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
3GOD: Crazy stuff is gonna happen in Starkville. This coming semester is going to be crazy.

George:
We need to play one on one next time, MookieRah.
I'll be up for it. I would have played a lot more friendlies, but the thing is that we didn't have much time to before or after the tournament :-(. I honestly found it really ****ty how we had to pretty much leave like 30 minutes after the tournament. It's not like the tvs were being used, and to top it off we had to pay $5 just for the venue. If possible, it'd be really cool if you could extend the time to play after the tournament to at least an hour or so.

Phantom
:
Asian Food Destroyers: You guys did great especially for having never teamed before. You were definitely the second best team there, and you guys will be scary if you play together more.
Yeah, I was pretty happy with our team. I actually didn't get a chance to even play against Joel in brawl since like... May, so yar, I think we did good considering. You and Proto were beasting though. D3 + G&W is a pretty sick team. I'm picking up D3 as yet another secondary cause nobody plays him here, and the best thing I can do to learn to play against him without actually playing against him is playing as him.

DanGr: I really wish I had a chance to play you, cause you used a lot of characters that I never get to play, plus you played them well.

205: Man... Crazy Diddy. You are much more solid than Kevin, and pulled some stuff I haven't seen before. We had ******** close matches, very intense. Honestly... Diddy is way better than people are giving him credit for. Props. After seeing Elev8 get around the throw banana > dash attack > uptilt thing though, I am gonna learn how to escape that crepe as well.

Elev8: I'm really glad I had a chance to get some friendlies in. I lost to Phantom in the losers against a D3, so I needed more practice. I really wish I pulled out my Samus on Phantom now, as it did way better than I expected against D3 (although if you did the standing infinites then I would have been ***** pretty hard). Your ish is too good son. I'm looking forward to playing you, as well as your brother, in the near future.

Pops: I'm not content with my matches with Samus against your Sheik/Zelda. I want more matches dangit! That said, I was very much impressed with your play mangz.

Johns: How the hell did Baky rank higher than me? I eat his snake for lunch with Samus. You guys need to man up, lol. That said, I'm in the same boat, and I'm sad by the fact that not knowing match ups got me blasted pretty hard by D3 in this tournament. I need to go to more tournaments, cause as it stands the only experience I have is against Marth, Lucario, Diddy, Ness, Clint's really odd G&W, and a smidgen of Snake and Wolf. So yeah, you guys will be seeing more of me soon, and I promise that I won't have as many blatant character weaknesses next time.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Elev8: The waddle doo KO was epic. You're a good player too. But the waddle doo KO was so epic. I'd switch my main to waddle doo, but smashboards won't let me, it's not on the icon list :(.

3GOD:... I PMed you before i found out there was a shout-out thread so... all that :p

MookieRah: I kind of wanted to play one of your mains after the tourney, i was disappointed to find out i was playing "I'm kind of picking Samus up". But on second thought, beating something made me feel better about losing in the tournament.

Johns: Laggy LCD tvs. I'm bringing my own tv next time, i want to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
shoutouts.
George: Kirby's too good. you're the only kirby i ever play and I really have no idea how to fight him. you pretty much know everything I'm going to do. you always miss the money by one spot lol

Squirtle Kombat, wtfz yall are beasts. Next time though hopefully me and nice 1 will team up and give you more of a challenge.

Proto: I was stubborn and stayed Diddy, should have switched. you beat me with one move lol **** back air its unstoppable. i should have peeped 205's match against you for tips

mookie and 3god, good to see you guys. Mookie we should ROB ditto sometime.

Duchock: thanks again for the ride. keep working that ness. if nice1 doesn't show up next week, we'll team up.

pops. good zelda/sheik. my sheik's still in need of some work, had to switch to diddy.

geist. decent wolf, keep practicing.

patrick falcon: stop falcon punching so much lol fun matches

205: who are you. teach me how to win tourneys with diddy

well i guess 7th is respectable.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
All these new people in Brawl. I haven't played any of you offline. <_< >_> Still interesting who placed where though even if I hate Brawl's guts.
I'll beat your *** offline. Be sure to PM me or something whenever you are back in the Oxford area. I'm down for both Melee and Brawl, although my Melee is ridiculous rusty. That said, I play completely different now than I used to, and a lot of things about how I play are better.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I'll beat your *** offline. Be sure to PM me or something whenever you are back in the Oxford area. I'm down for both Melee and Brawl, although my Melee is ridiculous rusty. That said, I play completely different now than I used to, and a lot of things about how I play are better.
I have been playing with DML and recently Ragnarock. You know that is too good of training in Melee. Who cares about Brawl. lol

Top Bottom